I sell my art for charity:
    http://www.society6.com/studio/withloveandsqualor/store

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."
    - David Henry Thoreau

Music Team

Re: Sheet Music Request: Haunting Piano Refrain

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mfnjyygzomn

As promised.

I didn't get TOO too in depth with the notation, because y'all have heard what it sounds like anyway. The notation will be a little more complete if and/or when the full version of the piece is released.

Just keep in mind the clefs at the beginning (both treble), and that everything is up the octave in the top staff for the first half. ...and pedal down for each bar, pretty much.

Also, the bars with "l.h." and "r.h.": just play these notes with the right or left hand. I mean, you don't have to if you don't want to, but that's what made most sense to me when I was writing it.

Anyway, thanks again for your patience people. Enjoy.

is trolling you better TheGentleman's Avatar
    Right behind you. Don't turn around. I swear to god don't turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekMan
    Hi all! Long time reader, first time poster.

I've been with MSPA since the early days of PS, and I'm stoked to see that Homestuck is experimenting with new things. I thought the initial flash animation looked great, and I think the introduction of music is a great idea.

Props to Kevin for the "Haunting Piano Refrain". It was quite haunting and indicative of all those Final Fantasy/Chrono Trigger/Other random JRPG melodies that stick in your head and bring a tear to your eye when one of the game's main characters dies. *sniffle*

Andrew, I'm also a trained composer with a not-so-secret love for video game music. So if Homestuck needs any other music in the future, I'd love to contribute!

Cheers,

GeekMan
    Never say long time reader first tome writer IT MAKES YOU SOUND LIKE AN ASSHOLE!

YEAH YOU ASSHOLE

is trolling you better TheGentleman's Avatar
    Right behind you. Don't turn around. I swear to god don't turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGentleman

I've been with MSPA since the early days of PS, and I'm stoked to see that Homestuck is experimenting with new things. I thought the initial flash animation looked great, and I think the introduction of music is a great idea.

Props to Kevin for the "Haunting Piano Refrain". It was quite haunting and indicative of all those Final Fantasy/Chrono Trigger/Other random JRPG melodies that stick in your head and bring a tear to your eye when one of the game's main characters dies. *sniffle*

Andrew, I'm also a trained composer with a not-so-secret love for video game music. So if Homestuck needs any other music in the future, I'd love to contribute!

Cheers,

GeekMan
    Never say long time reader first tome writer IT MAKES YOU SOUND LIKE AN ASSHOLE!
    Man that made me sound like an asshole

Cheers,

GeekMan
    Man that made me sound like an asshole
    Quote Originally Posted by Marelo
    YEAH YOU ASSHOLE

Music Team

What even just happened.

Wow great work man! I really appreciate you taking the time to put that up there for us.
    I sell my art for charity:
    http://www.society6.com/studio/withloveandsqualor/store

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."
    - David Henry Thoreau

this sheet music is awesome! great job! no pressure, but, is there going to be a continuation later for the full song? (ie: the one in the interactive update from today?)

Music Team

Perhaps. It's not the easiest piece to play, I'd be curious how many people would actually want to learn it. I guess if I get enough demand for it, I may notate it. I've got plenty of other stuff going on, so it's not quite a priority at present.

I just finished arranging the piece for solo guitar. Here's the TAB, hope you guys like it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/turkl1wnzyq/Showtime.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by afterthought
    Perhaps. It's not the easiest piece to play, I'd be curious how many people would actually want to learn it. I guess if I get enough demand for it, I may notate it. I've got plenty of other stuff going on, so it's not quite a priority at present.
    Well, I'm definitely interested, I don't know how anyone else feels. I'd certainly love to see it happen, but of course there is no need for it to be top priority.

edit: pandaemonium: Great up. Now i can have some more homestuck on my ipod
    Inkblot: This tab is awesome! I'm gonna have a fun time screwin' with this on guitar

Quote Originally Posted by arkantos990
    Quote Originally Posted by afterthought
    Well, I'm definitely interested, I don't know how anyone else feels. I'd certainly love to see it happen, but of course there is no need for it to be top priority.

edit: pandaemonium: Great up. Now i can have some more homestuck on my ipod
    Inkblot: This tab is awesome! I'm gonna have a fun time screwin' with this on guitar
    It's not actually my upload. The music is in the official folder for the comic... I wanted to see how large the .swf was, and found the files. Not sure if there's a difference between the 2 versions of Showtime.

[/quote]It's not actually my upload. The music is in the official folder for the comic... I wanted to see how large the .swf was, and found the files. Not sure if there's a difference between the 2 versions of Showtime.[/quote]
    ah, oh well. thanks for the link anyway

Music Team

How would one go about submitting music to Mr. Hussie?

I've got some things I've been writing; plus, this would be good practice.

Many thanks, but...

When do we recieve the unabridged version? I'm pretty sure this is like, less than half of the song. Besides, the last half is the really cool part.

I would also like to request a full download version of the recent extended "Showtime", as well as sheet music for it please.

My mother's been a piano teacher for somewhere around 15 years now, and I've had to put up with listening to the damned thing 8 feet away from me all that time. But my god I'm actually inspired enough that I actually wanna learn this song down to perfection. It'll be hard, the last half of it sounds like it's at least grade 6 difficulty, perhaps more, but I shall not be denied.

Music Team

Quote Originally Posted by Harusame
    Many thanks, but...

When do we recieve the unabridged version? I'm pretty sure this is like, less than half of the song. Besides, the last half is the really cool part.

I'd notated that bit when it was still "the only part anyone had heard". I will likely end up notating the full piece eventually, people seem to dig the idea.

Note: The Showtime notation has been downloaded 115 times. That's neat.

I'm also very interested in having the full sheet notation! My soul still bears the scars of tackling Pictures at an Exhibition (and not finishing it) so something shorter and also so expressive really grabs my attention.
    I'm currently working on the first section. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    How would one go about submitting music to Mr. Hussie?

I've got some things I've been writing; plus, this would be good practice.
    PM him. I already did, he said it was good, and some other stuff I shouldn't say.
    SIGNATURE HIATUS , MID 2010-NOW
    CHUMHANDLE: kineticPariah
    LINK TO MY TUMBLR IN SPOILER:

Well, I'll just have to work on the first half the best I can.

I've got all the notes down, the challenge will just be playing it FLUENTLY. That shouldn't be too hard though, it's just playing it over and over. Sadly it just doesn't sound the same on my keyboard as it does on a full grand piano... Oh well, my piano teacher has a great one.

EDIT: I just realized why this piece is so familiar! It reminds me of...

Quote Originally Posted by arkantos990
    Glad you like it. I've almost got it learned, so I'm hoping to post an MP3 within the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Amplify
    I would also like to request a full download version of the recent extended "Showtime", as well as sheet music for it please.

My mother's been a piano teacher for somewhere around 15 years now, and I've had to put up with listening to the damned thing 8 feet away from me all that time. But my god I'm actually inspired enough that I actually wanna learn this song down to perfection. It'll be hard, the last half of it sounds like it's at least grade 6 difficulty, perhaps more, but I shall not be denied.
    For a download, look earlier in this very thread.

So, hey, whatever happened to putting credits on the site? I notice that they are missing from the news at the moment, but I can't seem to find a link on the actual site.

Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast