MSPA Forums
Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2490

Thread: Homestuck Sheet Music

Rhymin' hardcore UNDERWATER BASKETWEAVING's Avatar

Re: Homestuck Sheet Music

Quote Originally Posted by Jit View Post
    So I finally got around to making some (simple) sheet music for trollcops/under the hat

boink

It was a long time coming.
    Yesssssssssssss.
    Just call me UWBW. Or Basketry. Or "Hey you!". Tumbl me Tweet Me
    My chum handle is underwaterBasketweaver, but I'm usually not online. Skype me up!

Does anyone have any bass tabs? I'd work them out myself but I'm not so good at that with a bass. I'd really like Hearts Flush or Joker's Wild or Three in the Morning. Basically anything from the MC album would be awesome.

Does a piano arrangement for Savior of the Waking World exist?

Making some progress on Rex Duodecim Angels. About halfway through now. Link for audio of progress.
    Tumblr - Deviantart
    EB: dangit CG I hate you
    CG: YOU KEEP USING THAT WORD. I DON'T THINK IT MEANS WHAT YOU THINK IT MEANS.

Quote Originally Posted by LemomBubble View Post
    Does anyone have any bass tabs? I'd work them out myself but I'm not so good at that with a bass. I'd really like Hearts Flush or Joker's Wild or Three in the Morning. Basically anything from the MC album would be awesome.
    Not what you are looking for but I am working on Midnight Spider

Granted I am working on it really really slowly but yeah

Moondelev, that's awesome. Quick suggestion, though - that pause after the Black King's first section, right before the DUN DUN DUN DUN (so descriptive, right?). It'd be interesting to do a...kind of arpeggio upwards I guess? The scream is interesting in the original, and I've noticed when I'm goofing around that doing that serves a kind of similar purpose. I can send you a clip of what I mean if you want...or feel free to ignore me, since it's still ridiculously cool.

And sorry, I did this last time too...
    Your trolltag is chronoCoder and you // c0mment 0ut @11 0f y0ur text

Viseroy of Pretty Kool Guy mediokreKarapase's Avatar

Moondelev, you are a miracle. I am so pumped for when this is eventually done.

Quote Originally Posted by demosthenes2k8 View Post
    Moondelev, that's awesome. Quick suggestion, though - that pause after the Black King's first section, right before the DUN DUN DUN DUN (so descriptive, right?). It'd be interesting to do a...kind of arpeggio upwards I guess? The scream is interesting in the original, and I've noticed when I'm goofing around that doing that serves a kind of similar purpose. I can send you a clip of what I mean if you want...or feel free to ignore me, since it's still ridiculously cool.

And sorry, I did this last time too...
    A clip of that would be awesome! A lot of what needs fixing is rhythm (I finished the rest of the melody, actually, I'll post it in about an hour or two), so any recommendations you have would be fantastic. Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by mediokreKarapase View Post
    Moondelev, you are a miracle. I am so pumped for when this is eventually done.
    [Insert keyboard mashing of gratitude here.]

EDIT: MP3 of rough draft posted!
    Last edited by Moondelev; 08-11-2011 at 12:15 AM.
    Tumblr - Deviantart

I kinda meant something like this. I forgot to do the DUN DUN DUN DUN part, but you get the general idea. Also, my keyboard stops at C6, a fact which irritates me to no end.

The new mp3...so beautiful...OW. I just broke the replay button.
    The Gamzee part...wow. The way I had been doing it when I was messing around was just to do it slightly slowly, staccato an octave up. Doing that...it'll be a headache to try to get the timing right, but it sounds insane. In a good way.
    Last edited by demosthenes2k8; 08-11-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Rex Duodecim Angelus is done! MP3 and PDF download link located here. Direct PDF download here.

I kinda meant something like this. I forgot to do the DUN DUN DUN DUN part, but you get the general idea. Also, my keyboard stops at C6, a fact which irritates me to no end.

The new mp3...so beautiful...OW. I just broke the replay button.
    The Gamzee part...wow. The way I had been doing it when I was messing around was just to do it slightly slowly, staccato an octave up. Doing that...it'll be a headache to try to get the timing right, but it sounds insane. In a good way.
    Thanks! I'll give it a listen. I may not change rhythm bits until tomorrow; I am kind of sick and tired of staring at it for the day. The suggestion is much appreciated, though!

Also, the Gamzee bit isn't nearly as bad as it sounds. The majority of the notes that are played by the RH are reflected an octave down by the LH; it just gets kind of speedy. What will be bad are the 16th notes scattered about at 186 BPM - not looking forward to that at all.
    Tumblr - Deviantart

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Yaaay! Gonna try playing this ASAP.

Also, I've got most of the basic themes worked out for The Beginning of Something Really Excellent (hey, I work slowly, okay?), but nothing complete. I'll try to at least write those down and post them so there's at least something.

Third, (since it looks like my post from earlier was lost) any possibility for sheet music for Versus, Pumpkin Cravings or the Problem Sleuth theme?

OH GOG YES. That is amazing. I'm attempting this as soon as I can. Or at least starting with the Black King's part...and Terezi's...and Pantskat's...and...OK, I just wanna play this. It's mOtHeRfUcKiN bEaUtIfUl MaN!

I just realised how much I would LOVE to have a drum tab for Rex Duodecim Angelus.

And ArmsAreLoud that sounds awesome! I'm happy with any bass tabs at all really.
    citrusSphere and notoriousRest on Pesterchum

Now with 200% More Corn orngjce223's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moondelev View Post
    I kinda meant something like this.
    Thanks! I'll give it a listen. I may not change rhythm bits until tomorrow; I am kind of sick and tired of staring at it for the day. The suggestion is much appreciated, though!
    An upwards glissando would work as well, I think?

Did any one do "The Carnival" yet

Quote Originally Posted by thesnoot View Post
    You'll want "Harlequin", which "The Carnival" is a direct quote of. Add tempo increases, arpeggiated ornamentation, and psychotic screams to taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesnoot View Post
    You'll want "Harlequin", which "The Carnival" is a direct quote of. Add tempo increases, arpeggiated ornamentation, and psychotic screams to taste.
    Oh. Right. Thanks =D

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

I fond an old comment about trombone music and would just like to point out that the trombone is a C instrument (i believe) which means that any piano music can be transcribed to the trombone.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32648233/Sbu...et%20Music.zip

So hey look at that. For anyone who can't afford the album or are too stingy to buy it or whatever. It's been long enough and I know I can't stop sharing files anyways. Enjoy!
    "Squid is like a sensitive male lover, he waits until you come first" -Michael Guy Bowman
    Sburb (Solo album) | dumblr | twitdurr

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    i noticed there was no sheet music for Nightlife by Bill Bolin (not sure if this is a sore subject after the incident) so i was gonna go figure it out sometime in the future here. is it gonna be a problem if i add it to the list here?
    All we care about is his music, so feel free to transcribe and post. I've been meaning to get around to it myself, because Bolin + bass melody = AMAZING, but I'm very lazy.
    This signature has been hidden because it exceeds 413,612px in height.

Man, I would love to try to play Baroqueback Bowtier (from the Felt album) on my double bass. Does the original composer of that piece have any sheet music on file?

Is not wearing underwear today Benfclark's Avatar

Any chance we could get Wind from Medium? I would love to be able to play that piece.

Quote Originally Posted by egregiousBass View Post
    Man, I would love to try to play Baroqueback Bowtier (from the Felt album) on my double bass. Does the original composer of that piece have any sheet music on file?
    As I think I remember Plazmataz saying at the time, Bowtier was a baroque-style cello improvisation. As such, there was no formal sheet music written. Even worse, it's in free time (as far as I can tell), which means that it's very difficult to make a readable transcription of it. :c

Quote Originally Posted by Benfclark View Post
    Any chance we could get Wind from Medium? I would love to be able to play that piece.
    This might be a little more possible. I'll take a listen to it again, and if I run into Plaz on das internets I'll give him a ring.

Is not wearing underwear today Benfclark's Avatar

Thanks, I'd appreciate that.

I assume there's been no progress on Nightlife?