MSPA Forums
Page 1 of 100 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: Homestuck Fan Music thread

Homestuck Fan Music thread

Whether it's a remix of existing music or an original piece inspired by the comic, post your fan music here!

MSPA FANMUSIC THREAD

Whether it's a remix of existing music, lyrics to an existing song, or an original piece inspired by the comic, post your fanmusic here!

Other Cool Places
    Want to ask technical questions about composing or editing music? Go here!
    Craving some sheet music? Start your search here!
    Need some advice from some talented individuals? Or willing to spread your audiosmith expertise to others? Please wake this thread from its unfortunate slumber!
    Looking to post some music you made that's not related to MSPA? This is your thread!
    Whoa, that latest flash had awesome music, didn't it? We're already discussing it over here, come join us!
    Up for chatting about other bands and music you enjoy? We've got a thread for that!
    Want to request a song? This thread is fine, but you could also look here or possibly here (if it's for a forum adventure)!
    Hey, check it out, a fanmusic album!

Directory of Music by Artist - Last Updated April 5, 2011
    (Compiled by MuM, Nucleose, and silence)

Fun facts: this list (which excludes deleted songs and rough drafts for the most part) contains 576 songs by 130 artists. The most prolific member is, you guessed it, MyUsernamesMud with 59 songs. Honorable mentions go to WellManicuredMan and Brighteyes, who each composed 23.
    Last edited by Avi; 04-13-2011 at 10:46 PM. Reason: updating artist/song index

Re: Homestuck Fan Music thread

I don't have any fan music to add but I have to say, I love version 2! The beginning instrument hooks me in a lot better than in the other version, or maybe I just think it's cute or something.

also hahahaha I remember listening to Norock's one before! BACK IN THE DAY. YES.

Quote Originally Posted by It's Not Butter
    I don't have any fan music to add but I have to say, I love version 2! :D The beginning instrument hooks me in a lot better than in the other version, or maybe I just think it's cute or something.
    Thanks! The "second" one was actually closer to the original mix of sounds. I kept the original when I changed the sounds because I wasn't sure if it was going to work out for the better.

also hahahaha I remember listening to Norock's one before! BACK IN THE DAY. YES.
    Hooray for those phat beatz! I had that song going through my head for a good portion of yesterday after I posted the link. It was not an unpleasurable experience!

EDIT: Bump for my insufferable need for acknowledgment... I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone, but I'm looking for feedback and decided I deserve this at least once. I won't do it again. :|
    Last edited by Stephen; 07-27-2010 at 04:00 AM.

Dutchess of Rainbowsworth Art Team
    Music Team

Copying, deleting, and reposting your post: Pretty smooth.

That was a total ninja-bump move there. I mean, if you hadn't edited no one would EVER KNOW...

Why'd you take down the first mix? I thought both were pretty sweet, and I was all ready to re-download and reassess them for a spot on my iPod.
    Hoping for a happy ending to Homestuck.

not allowed to post here Music Team KalibrationLTD's Avatar

Dave Fuckin Owns composer here, I actually like it! It's a neat melding of themes, in my opinion, and the altered cadence near the end is really sick to me, in the good way! I also really dig MIDIs! I give you five out of five pumpkins! Or five out of five candy corns! C:

Fan music? I approve!

I may do some fan music of my own at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Olimar788
    Why'd you take down the first mix? I thought both were pretty sweet, and I was all ready to re-download and reassess them for a spot on my iPod.
    I actually accidentally removed it from my Host-A account. But it's back up now! I also tweaked a couple subtler things in version 2. Glad you liked them!

Quote Originally Posted by KalibrationLTD
    Dave Fuckin Owns composer here, I actually like it! It's a neat melding of themes, in my opinion, and the altered cadence near the end is really sick to me, in the good way! I also really dig MIDIs! I give you five out of five pumpkins! Or five out of five candy corns! C:

Nice! That's really great to hear. You have no idea how many times I listened to your song trying to get the chords right (before I transposed them down a few steps).

Quote Originally Posted by PieNinja
    Fan music? I approve!

I may do some fan music of my own at some point.
    Yes please do! The music is one of my favorite parts of Homestuck, and if there were more fan music, it would really help ease the daily pains of waiting for the next update!

Bumping this with some of my horrible music. I-is that okay?

Squiddles
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zwtjmhjyzzt
    I'm doing a music project based around words. I got a couple of dull keywords like "cigarette" and "rainbow" and "potato" which I haven't done yet. I also got "squid". So I made a theme song for Squiddles.
    Made this in Famitracker. Good ol' authentic NES!

Squiddles (Lovecraft mix)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zkh4zqwz2ny
    This is intentionally unlistenable. If you try to put yourself through this, you only have yourself to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by perrybob
    Squiddles
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zwtjmhjyzzt
    I'm doing a music project based around words. I got a couple of dull keywords like "cigarette" and "rainbow" and "potato" which I haven't done yet. I also got "squid". So I made a theme song for Squiddles.
    Made this in Famitracker. Good ol' authentic NES!

Such cheerful bubbly music!
    Quote Originally Posted by perrybob
    Squiddles (Lovecraft mix)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zkh4zqwz2ny
    This is intentionally unlistenable. If you try to put yourself through this, you only have yourself to blame.
    It sounds like it is deflating.
    ^ STUPID ALL UP INS ^

That's not horrible at all! A lot better compared to the stuff I make.

I need to find a program to use and stick with that for a while. Preferably an easy-to-use one that isn't overly complex.

Thanks so much to both of you!! I was so nervous, aaahhh I'm glad you like it

I just use Famitracker, it's been my main for a couple months now. Granted, NES limitations make it pretty basic and also it only exports .wav, but I use Audacity to make the MP3 and it's the simplest functional program I've ever used once you get the hang of patterns.

edit: Was in a bit of a rush when I posted the song. Your music is wonderful, Stephen! Best midi I've ever heard.

Fffff I had no idea you composed music! Man it's like anybody I'm friends with here is a total music buff, I'm just like, "I can.. sort of play piano."

Also I can think of like 5 ways to make the Lovecraft Mix worse
    You get a B-
    didn't I give you a B- for that other picture

(Whoo seriously though that first one was so cute ohgod. )

For some reason, this thread, the original fan music thread, and another thread that somebody else posted to showcase their tune (also phat) are all visible on the first page.

This sounds like what would happen if I was playing Runescape, and somebody punched a hole in the universe and I fell out in the MSPA world.

Now I want that to happen even more.

Rejoice (Bassline)

This is just a short tune I made. It is currently a bassline for the song I am working on. Hopefully the whole thing will be done soon.

Download: [link]

And here's the .ftm file for any of you FamiTracker folks who want to mess around with it: [link]

Ooh, that sounds really nice Even without melody it's very catchy. Looking forward to the finished tune!

Rejoice (Full)

Here you go! Sorry if it seems short/for it being a .wav file. Enjoy!

May I ask what music programs you guys use?

I've been using the demo version of FL Studio for a few years now, and have gotten pretty comfortable with it although I've heard that it's pretty crappy compared to other programs. Recently I've been looking into Reason as an alternative, and I've been using Logic in my Electro-Acoustic Music class (I don't think I'll buy a Mac just to use Logic, but it is a pretty sweet program).

It's a bit confusing at first, but if you're looking to make some NES-styled music, I recommend FamiTracker.

Quote Originally Posted by NachoGrande96
    Rejoice (Full)

Here you go! Sorry if it seems short/for it being a .wav file. Enjoy!

Ooooh! Man, you are so good at music! You have already surpassed your mentor!!
    I am so glad I got you into Fami! (Wonderful program for something so lightweight, isn't it?)

Make more please!! (if you want to, I mean)

(also thank you so much to It's Not Butter! I meant to do that earlier but I got scatterbrained.)

Quote Originally Posted by PieNinja
    May I ask what music programs you guys use?
    The worst of the worst: the free version of Anvil Studio. Really basic midi tracks are my medium, and songs that sound different depending on the computer you play them on are my output. I do this mainly because I'm usually only writing music for games, and it's nice not to put giant sound files into your otherwise small game.

I used to fool around with Garage Band, but mp3's just don't work for me.

Anyone know of a decent equivalent of FamiTracker for Mac? I do love my new MacBook (PRO win) but miss being able to just download any and every bit of opensource/freeware program I liked.

Quote Originally Posted by crabsoneyes
    Anyone know of a decent equivalent of FamiTracker for Mac? I do love my new MacBook (PRO win) but miss being able to just download any and every bit of opensource/freeware program I liked.
    I dug up a couple of things:

http://www.milkytracker.net/?download (Hook this baby up with some NES sound clips - you could probably google that too - and you've got yourself some nice sounds! Not authentic but believable, and the interface is pretty dang close.)
    http://famitracker.shoodot.net/forum/posts.php?id=77 (You're going to need a lot of googling for the things they listed because I simply could not find anything despite my best searches, but at least you know you're not alone?)
    There's also this thing, apparently sample-based like MilkyTracker: http://www.littlegptracker.com/ I could never figure out for the life of me how on earth you're supposed to work it, though, it's coded in Martian or something.

Yeah I honestly can't find much. Wow! You'd think that a Mac NES tracker would be in higher demand. I've used Milky before though and it's pretty great, if a bit clunkier.

Music Team

I have the same problem. I've resorted to garage band and I use a synth, but my synth has two settings acceptable for chiptunes. Bahh.

The Fluffiest Moderator Wesley Foxx's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

I'm just gonna pimp Svix's work here since he hasn't yet. :V

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2768815

Page 1 of 100 12341151 ... LastLast