MSPA Forums
Page 29 of 100 FirstFirst ... 19262728293031323979 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Update Thread [4:1]3

hass the charts Music Team Tenebrais's Avatar

Re: Recent Update Thread [4:1]3

Was that meant to be an edit?

I predict that the last MSPA page ever will contain a room full of pumpkins and arms.

It probably should have been. Now I feel terrible about it.

Stone Temple Guardian Admin Zuki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Oh, the torment of high expectations. One day I will vanish into the night forever and let you guys off the hook. And then you will thank me.
    Desire is the root of all suffering, after all. Would it that a more enlightened and detached version of myself could thank you for such a service.

I'd get so much more sleep too, not staying up hoping for unpredictable updates! You're like that psychology experiment with pigeons and rats.

If a rat gets at treat every time it pushes a lever, it will quickly learn to stop pushing the lever when it stops resulting in treats.

If there's a predictable pattern--every other push, or every two pushes--they'll keep pushing that lever and refreshing that webpage for longer after the reinforcement of 'hey, update!' has ceased.

Now, if there's an unpredictable pattern, well now we're getting into why gambling addiction is so insidious. If sometimes no treat, sometimes treat, sometimes big stack of treats, all without a consistent pattern, those viewers will just keep refreshing the home page forever, hoping for the big score.

You're like some kind of sadistic Pavlovian artist, man.
    Zuki says:
    "I'll find something to put here later!"

That being said, at least my life has hope now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuki
    Oh, the torment of high expectations. One day I will vanish into the night forever and let you guys off the hook. And then you will thank me.
    Desire is the root of all suffering, after all. Would it that a more enlightened and detached version of myself could thank you for such a service.

I'd get so much more sleep too, not staying up hoping for unpredictable updates! You're like that psychology experiment with pigeons and rats.

If a rat gets at treat every time it pushes a lever, it will quickly learn to stop pushing the lever when it stops resulting in treats.

If there's a predictable pattern--every other push, or every two pushes--they'll keep pushing that lever and refreshing that webpage for longer after the reinforcement of 'hey, update!' has ceased.

Now, if there's an unpredictable pattern, well now we're getting into why gambling addiction is so insidious. If sometimes no treat, sometimes treat, sometimes big stack of treats, all without a consistent pattern, those viewers will just keep refreshing the home page forever, hoping for the big score.

You're like some kind of sadistic Pavlovian artist, man.
    This is all true, and you didn't even get into the territory of psycheouts and plot whiplash.

But seriously guys I'm not going anywhere. I am impervious to the nervous breakdowns that crush lesser artists, I will never luxuriate in retirement, and I can never die.

This is all true, and you didn't even get into the territory of psycheouts and plot whiplash.

But seriously guys I'm not going anywhere. I am impervious to the nervous breakdowns that crush lesser artists, I will never luxuriate in retirement, and I can never die.
    That's all well and good, but your fans are mere mortals. What happens if one day you give us all severe stress-induced medical problems and we die?

not for little girls Art Team Supercar Gautier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrais
    Do consider that we are now at a prime place to shift away from Jade, with her about to reveal some of the really important parts of her story.
    Fortunately, exciting shit is about to happen immediately to every character except Jade. Eventually shit will get real for her too, and Andrew will have nothing left to cut away to that isn't awesome to the max.

And that's when he'll abandon updating the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen

That's all well and good, but your fans are mere mortals. What happens if one day you give us all severe stress-induced medical problems and we die?
    Only the mightiest fans will survive, and they are the ones who will carry the story through to its end. It's all part of Andrew's nefarious plot to reduce the fanbase and keep the suggestions to a minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by PieNinja
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
    Only the mightiest fans will survive, and they are the ones who will carry the story through to its end. It's all part of Andrew's nefarious plot to reduce the fanbase and keep the suggestions to a minimal.
    You've got it all wrong.

Like I said, Buddhism. Buddhism is the only answer.

To remove our selves from such suffering, we must extinguish our intemperate desire for more updates. All things are impermanent, even the state of no-update.

Still your monkey-mind, remove the illusion of form, and recieve the fullness of Homestuck in due time.
    Zuki says:

Are you trying to say we will all become elightened once Homestuck is over? Andrew: Confirm? Deny?

completely in love with you michi's Avatar

Immortality: admitted! Yay! Please don't ever leave us though.

Do you stave off cravings for less-noble pursuits by having a fig-leaf-adorned Gankro bring you delicacies and feed you peeled grapes? And while Marelo is bathing your feet, Byron enters the chamber to entertain you with his tales of whimsy. Am I on the right track here?

Quote Originally Posted by WordsHere
    Are you trying to say we will all become elightened once Homestuck is over? Andrew: Confirm? Deny?
    When HS ends it will send a psychic shockwave throughout the cosmos, and all those it does not kill instantly will be elevated to deity status.

Quote Originally Posted by michi
    Do you stave off cravings for less-noble pursuits by having a fig-leaf-adorned Gankro bring you delicacies and feed you peeled grapes? And while Marelo is bathing your feet, Byron enters the chamber to entertain you with his tales of whimsy. Am I on the right track here?
    This all sounds really unpleasant.

I'm just trying to figure out why you said it in the first place Andrew.

Freudian quote tag malfunction I guess.

God I wish I was surrounded by servile forum eunuchs.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercar Gautier
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrais
    Do consider that we are now at a prime place to shift away from Jade, with her about to reveal some of the really important parts of her story.
    Fortunately, exciting shit is about to happen immediately to every character except Jade. Eventually shit will get real for her too, and Andrew will have nothing left to cut away to that isn't awesome to the max.

And that's when he'll cut to PM collecting mailboxes for a month.
    fixed
    Add me on Steam
    If you'd like to talk to me on Pesterchum, add logicalDemoness.
    If you'd rather participate in an exciting new testing opportunity, add apertureMatriarch.

TG: this is a dave out there GreyMario's Avatar

Guys.

Henri Becquerel discovered that uranium salts are radioactive.

Clearly this means Andrew plans ahead way far.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyMario
    Guys.

Henri Becquerel discovered that uranium salts are radioactive.

Clearly this means Andrew plans ahead way far.
    Covered dis.

When HS ends it will send a psychic shockwave throughout the cosmos, and all those it does not kill instantly will be elevated to deity status.
    Isn't that, like, the premise of Homestuck, but with meteors instead of a shockwave?

Are... Are you Skaianet? >_>;

Freudian quote tag malfunction I guess.

God I wish I was surrounded by servile forum eunuchs.
    What, pumpkin-carving, pogo-riding teenage sycophants are good enough for you?

Do you disdain our noble offerings of slash and fanart of characters as furries?

Are harem girls acceptable, in lieu of eunuchs?

Are you trying to say we will all become enlightened once Homestuck is over? Andrew: Confirm? Deny?
    Hm. Buddhism and cessation of desire may not be the solution here. Perhaps proof that it is enough of a cash cow to continue unto eternity is the proper choice. Back to being a mindless consumer caught in the web of capitalistic fetishism!

Then again, the world would be a lot less crowded with just AH and his coterie of fledgling deities.

I'm torn.
    Zuki says:

Quote Originally Posted by LegoTechnic
    Isn't that, like, the premise of Homestuck, but with meteors instead of a shockwave?

Are... Are you Skaianet? >_>;
    Actually the post made me think of...

But that works too. Clearly, this is no mere work of fiction, but a portent of future events. We must do what we can now, while we still have time!

Quote Originally Posted by PieNinja
    Clearly, this is no mere work of fiction, but a portent of future events. We must do what we can now, while we still have time!
    Aha.

Andrew, we know too much now. You're stalling to whip our desires into a frenzy of apocalyptic fervor.

Clever man. You may yet have those eunuchs.
    Zuki says:

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Years in the future, but not many...

A lonely traveller paces across desert sands, weary of constant travelling. How he longs to reach his journey's end! But his goal lies in sight. There, just ahead, a book juts out of a large dune. Quivering with excitement, the lean figure heaves the tome out of the sands. At long last, the ancient text of the last great prophet of Earth.

The book's title? Homestuck. It's author? Andrew Hussie.

Too bad he never learned to read

Quote Originally Posted by Chump Change
    Too bad he never learned to read
    but he can see the glorious images and cry a single tear of joy.
    ^ STUPID ALL UP INS ^