MSPA Forums
Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rose Ring [Solved]

I Don't Deserve This Title MalkyTop's Avatar

The Rose Ring [Solved]

...*snort*

"Wah!" THUD

You are Dog. Son of Dog. The name, in fact, goes back over forty generations, with some Hounds and Curs and Mutts interrupting the line once in a while. Your mother is Bitch, as are all other female dogs, and yes, you've heard the joke before.

You are one of the many officers of the King's Men (though you've heard some street people simply call you crownies) and you have been trying to figure out a case for a while now. Some other strange deaths have been divvied up among the others. You've been stuck with the death of Jack and the apparent assault of Jill. Though Jill had been a suspect, you haven't been able to pin anything on her.

You had been taking a quick nap until you apparently tipped the chair over a little too far. Now you're on the floor and you're not sure if you want to get up. Your back hurts and you think your crappy chair broke.

Re: The Rose Ring

Get up, and think about ancient history, when your people were wolves!

>Have a nightmare about facing a firing squad.

Third floor, end of the corridor on the left.

>Get up and put on your fedora like a real mandog. Then review your case notes.

Quote Originally Posted by AvzinElkein
    Get up, and think about ancient history, when your people were wolves!

Oh god, what a headache. No thinking for a while. Please. Besides, Wolf is a jerk. You don't particularly want to think about being distantly related to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Fogel
    >Have a nightmare about facing a firing squad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muno Syoan
    >Get up and put on your fedora like a real mandog. Then review your case notes.

You're already awake. You didn't really have any nightmares, but your dreams have recently been filled with this stupid symbol. It was found tattooed on the backs of Jack and Jill. As well as basically every other victim that has been coming in these past few months. It's been driving the Chief crazy. Nobody really knows what this symbol's supposed to be. Nobody really knows how it seems to be spreading like the flu. Whoever this killer is, he really gets around.

>Show us a close-up of the symbol
    >Walk around your office a little
    This signature has been hidden because it exceeds 80px in height. To be more specific, it has been hidden inside this spoiler tag.

Third floor, end of the corridor on the left.

>Review Jills' statement regarding the assault and the coroners report on Jack.

>Bark
    This signature has been hidden because it exceeds 80px in AWESOME!

Also i gots a tumblr.

>Ponder the details of the "situation" surrounding Jill

Quote Originally Posted by SonicLover
    >Show us a close-up of the symbol
    >Walk around your office a little
    Quote Originally Posted by Muno Syoan
    >Review Jills' statement regarding the assault and the coroners report on Jack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chookster
    >Ponder the details of the "situation" surrounding Jill

This lil' symbol has also wormed its way into the Friar Jacques case and the Cock Robin case. It's really just a simple red rose.

Jack's death was pretty simple. Just a bump on the noggin. He could have bashed his head against a rock as he tumbled down that hill or he could have been attacked from behind. If he was, there was no weapon found. He also has some bruises from rolling down the hill, but apparently, there was no signs that he had been in a scuffle. You might've written it off as an act of carelessness if it weren't for Jill and that rose.

Unfortunately, Jill seemed to have gone a bit insane, so you couldn't get much info out of her. She took a trip down the hill as well, but got lucky. Honestly, it's only an 'apparent' assault because she didn't seem to have been pushed or even touched. But when she isn't babbling incoherently, she screams about somebody behind her, somebody giving her a shove or tripping her (it seems to change). You really don't think much of an insane girl's word, but you've been told to look into it. Of course, nobody ever thinks how you will, they just tell you and think you'll take care of it.

Seeing as there's no footprints up there besides those of Jack and Jill, you're really starting to think they both just tripped over a tree root. But still...that rose...

Anyways, you're getting tired of your crappy room. You head out.

"Hey, mutt!"

Oh, you forgot...

"Saw a bone by the docks last night. Yours?"

"Hey, fluffy. I seemed to have lost a steak. Know anything about that?"

Hopefully she'll stay with the playful banter and--

"So. Where's that report? The one due last year?"

"Um."

"You don't have it."

"I'm not finished."

"I hope you know that the Chief takes it out on me. He doesn't like it when files are missing."

"Yeah, I know. Sorry. I'll get it in soon."

"Like I've never heard that before. Ah well. I'll try to get someone to fish it out of your office."

"Speaking of which, where is everybody?"

"I sure don't know. I just sit at this desk. I'm not a chaperon. They're all probably outside getting dirt. Or getting drunk. Anything you need?"

Attempt to flirt with cat lady.

Also i gots a tumblr.

Get on the case, realize the killer might be a pyromaniac as well.

"Ring around the rosie,
    a pocket full of posies,
    ashes, ashes,
    we all fall down!"

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by sporb
    Hells yes

I--no--what--that's--ugh...

Get on the case, realize the killer might be a pyromaniac as well.

"Ring around the rosie,
    a pocket full of posies,
    ashes, ashes,
    we all fall down!"
    You've never heard that ditty before...Besides, there hasn't been any arson. Just deaths.

Anyways, if you really want to go out, where do you want to go? The scene of the crime or the bar? To dig up some dirt, of course. Not drink. Or maybe just walk around town?

Thaumaturgical Construct GreyGabe's Avatar
    Trapped under an overturned pineapple cart

>Scene of the crime, to snoop around for evidence. And besides, they say that the perp sometimes returns to the scene of the crime...

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGabe
    >Scene of the crime, to snoop around for evidence. And besides, they always say that the perp sometimes returns to the scene of the crime...
    Probably fruitful
    >Keep an eye out for anything that looks interesting or lewd on the way, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Danfish77
    >Scene of the crime, to snoop around for evidence. And besides, they always say that the perp sometimes returns to the scene of the crime...
    Probably fruitful
    >Keep an eye out for anything that looks interesting or lewd on the way, though.
    Agreed. And chat with any anxious bystanders on the way as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourself
    Probably fruitful
    Oh and pull your hat down in a bad-ass manner before you do it.

Also i gots a tumblr.

>Scene of the crime, to snoop around for evidence. And besides, they say that the perp sometimes returns to the scene of the crime...
    Probably fruitful
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourself
    Oh and pull your hat down in a bad-ass manner before you do it.
    Alright then. You leave, waving a good-bye to Cat.

Your hat stays up since you want to at least see where you're going.

Nobody really stands out, you think. As you pass the bakery, you notice Gopher (who always looks high-strung), someone struggling with some books (the librarian?), two chatting folks and the gravedigger, whistling a jaunty tune.

Before you arrive at the hill, someone calls out to you and you stop to let her catch up.

"Hullo, Mister Dog."

It's lil' Red. You never actually learned her real name. Or you did and just forgot. It's really not a very inventive nickname, but she doesn't seem to mind. Red's a nice girl. Shy, cute, modest and a real good baker to boot. She often comes around to give out little goodies to everybody. It's a little too obvious why she comes, though.

"Um, I have some cookies if you..."

"Thanks," you say, and pocket the small bag. There's probably three little cookies in there. Everything with Red seems to be little and cute.

Red, the regular shrinking violet she is, fidgets a bit before asking you what she meant to ask. "Um, have you seen, um, Mister Wolf around...?"

"No. Sorry." Red stares down into her little basket looking heartwrenchingly sad. And cute. Knowing the jerk Wolf is, you could direct her to the nearest bar, but that would play on your conscious forever.

She hasn't run off yet.

That guy who randomly leaves The_Enigmatic_Muffin's Avatar

>Apologize to her, reminding her that you have official business you gotta take care of. Continue towards the scene of the crime.

..Nah. Tell Red to keep away from the bars, and then help the librarian.

Sigh, then ask her if there's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Babel
    Sigh, then ask her if there's a problem.
    ..Nah. Tell Red to keep away from the bars, and then help the librarian.

You sigh as though you have something else to do and rub your eyes.

"Need any help?"

"N-no...it's okay...if you see Mister Wolf, tell him, uh, that I've been looking for him..."

"Alright then. Stay outta trouble."

"Thank you..." And with that last ellipses, Red wanders vaguely away, clutching her basket tightly. Well, at least you got a free snack for when you get hungry.

Next order of business, you help that struggling librarian.

"Here, let me get some for you..."

"Oh thanks! Just take some off the top, would you?" You almost stumble under the weight, though it's only four books. You manage to hold up, though.

"These're a little...hefty, aren't they?"

"Oh yes, the weight of books is enormous. They really make an effect on the world." It seems that the librarian completely misunderstood you. Since he just continues on and on about how the library's the most important building in the whole town, you kinda tune him out until you reach the library.

It's a rather large place. That middle mural thing is supposed to represent the 'shining light of knowledge' or whatever and there's some dead language mumbo jumbo over the door and impossibly high bookshelves. There's been jokes about people mountain climbing here and getting lost.

You stand around a bit awkwardly, realizing that you've wandered quite a bit from your original goal, and go out to the crime scene.

On top of Esquilyn Hill, you get a nice view of the town as well as the castle wall. You still can't see much of the castle itself, though.

The hill itself is quite bare. Nothing's moved from the last time you saw it and there's nothing interesting you see. Just the bucket the two were carrying, their footprints, and the rock that Jack might've bashed his head on. There's also a tree and a well, but you've never found anything there so you don't really want to bother with them.

Search for clues.

>See if a broken crown turns up. Trust me on this one.
    This signature has been hidden because it exceeds 80px in height. To be more specific, it has been hidden inside this spoiler tag.

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast