MSPA Forums
Page 94 of 100 FirstFirst ... 448491929394959697 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2489

Thread: The Felt Memorial Food Thread.

A Transdimensional Beeing shatteredAcademic's Avatar

Re: The Felt Memorial Food Thread.

Almost set off the fire alarm trying to make pancakes last night. In retrospect, 'it's okay that I don't have butter, the first one will stick in the pan and keep the others from sticking' was a terrible, terrible thing to tell myself. I guess the upside is that after adding Bisquick to the remaining pancake mix to thicken it I was able to make a pan-sized biscuit-thing. This being the upside because it meant all that batter didn't go to waste and I kept the fire alarm from going off. =/

Had biscuit-thing with maple syrup for breakfast. Had biscuit-thing as a side with lunch. Will probably have biscuit-thing with tomato soup for dinner, and still have biscuit-thing left over to take for lunch tomorrow. Ugh, remind me to never make this mistake again.
    shatteredAcademic (IC/OOC)/maritimeInstigator (IC)/incorrigibleEnthusiasm (IC)

Avatar is from a picture by Almost Human because AH draws awesomely amazing things and is awesome.

manatee with shades inexpediency's Avatar

Oh jeez

But speaking of pancakes, here is the road to deliciousness: start with pancake batter, and then add chocolate chips, strawberries, and bananas. Cook them silver-dollar style.

Man I'm hungry.

crepes with nutella and bananas plz

Cookies and Cream Ice cream wedged between two toasted waffles.

Longshot, but if you are a Dane like me, I will make you lasagna and/or pancakes. I make some bitchin' pancakes.
    The i stands for "I'm not going to tell you what the i stands for so suck it"
    Also, after googling my username, I feel obligated to point out that it is not a reference to the comic book lady with the big boobs

PANCAKES!

So delicious. /drool
    Awesome signature load failed. Loading backup signature instead.

3000 punches of NaP!

I mean, I'm not racist, you don't HAVE to be a Dane.

It's just, travelling across the Atlantic just for pancakes and lasagna seems a bit over the top.
    Also, after googling my username, I feel obligated to point out that it is not a reference to the comic book lady with the big boobs

By the way, is it just my family that puts money wrapped in tinfoil in pancakes on Shrove Tuesday?

3000 punches of NaP!

Quote Originally Posted by NotAPumpkin View Post
    By the way, is it just my family that puts money wrapped in tinfoil in pancakes on Shrove Tuesday?
    Not a single thing you just said there made any sense to me, an American. Why would you do that? What's Shrove Tuesday?

--

Eggs are one of life's simple pleasures. There's something just so goddamn spectacular about eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuraiou View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAPumpkin View Post
    Not a single thing you just said there made any sense to me, an American. Why would you do that? What's Shrove Tuesday?

I'M CANADIAN, WE'RE SIMILAR ;_;

But Shrove Tuesday is a Christian holiday...I can't remember what it's celebrating but we pretty much use it as an excuse to eat pancakes for supper. Pancakes with money in them.

I'm pretty much Christian in name only though :P

3000 punches of NaP!

please tell me you're not seriously eating money

Quote Originally Posted by iGrat View Post
    please tell me you're not seriously eating money
    Yes, this is definitely the thing that we do.

Money is so damn nutritional it's like eating a whole cow and a field of corn at the same time

GEEZ
    HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW THIS

3000 punches of NaP!

I USE MY MONEY TO BUY LESS NUTRITIONAL FOODS

I NOW SEE THE ERROR OF MY WAYS

SEE YOU LEARN SOMETHING EVERY DAY

MONEY PANCAKES ARE THE BEST THING EVER

3000 punches of NaP!

Longshot, but if you are a Dane like me, I will make you lasagna and/or pancakes. I make some bitchin' pancakes.
    Maaan I wish I were now. Some pancakes and/or lasagna would be the best ever.

Might be applying for a scholarship that would let me visit Norway in a year or so, though. You should totally come visit and make food if I get it. I mean, assuming Norway isn't super far away from you. I'm not really that good with geography so I don't know. :/

Avatar is from a picture by Almost Human because AH draws awesomely amazing things and is awesome.

The Polymath SunglassescladGunslinger's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by shatteredAcademic View Post

Might be applying for a scholarship that would let me visit Norway in a year or so, though. You should totally come visit and make food if I get it. I mean, assuming Norway isn't super far away from you. I'm not really that good with geography so I don't know. :/
    Across the Jutland.
    "I'm your huckleberry."

Quote Originally Posted by spook blotter View Post
    crepes with nutella and bananas plz
    YES. Minus the bananas though, because I'm cheap. I have made crepes for dinner twice this week. I have honestly gotten so good at this that I no longer need a spatula, they just shake themselves from the pan when I shake the pan. (not as magic as it seems) OK ANYWAY

WINNING CREPE RECIPE
    1 c flour
    1/2 c water
    1/2 c milk
    2 tbsp melted butter
    2 eggs
    dash of salt

Whisk eggs in a bowl. Mix flour, eggs, milk, water in a decent size mixing bowl and whisk together. Add butter and salt to finish.

When cooking, pour a medium amount onto a medium-hot pan and rotate the pan by hand so that the batter covers the surface evenly. Use a spatula to peel the edges up after about 45 seconds of cooking, while shaking the pan back and forth to slide the crepe from the pan. If your pan is really well seasoned, you may be able to shake the crepe loose from the pan without a spatula.

What do you usually put on these crepes?

Or do you eat them plain?

Quote Originally Posted by shatteredAcademic View Post

Here is a Google Maps link from my city to Norway. It's, uhm...

It's kind of a ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Xijiy View Post
    What do you usually put on these crepes?

Or do you eat them plain?
    Crystal meth.

Subway Parmesan Meatball sandwich aaaaaawwwww yeah.

Here is a Google Maps link from my city to Norway. It's, uhm...

It's kind of a ways.
    Ah. Oh well, then.

I sort of want to make my mom's spinach stuffed chicken tonight, but maaaan buying all those ingredients will get expensive quick. *undecided*

I just had a food-related epiphany.

I'm alone at home with my brother, which means that the whole house, and specifically the kitchen is a huge mess.

After looking around a bit I decided I'd have soup and fried eggs for dinner.

While frying the eggs, I discovered some leftover spaghetti from yesterday sitting around. At that point I was doubting whether the dinner I was planning would be enough, but on the other hand the spaghetti had been sitting there for a whole day, and we didn't even have any kind of sauce, so the thought of eating them was not really appealing.

I looked at the spaghetti. I looked at the frying pan. Back to the spaghetti. Frying pan again.

Why the hell not?

And then the spaghetti and the pan where in the same place, and a minute after that I was having the best dinner of my entire life.
    Last edited by Epamynondas; 02-12-2011 at 05:07 PM.

The Polymath SunglassescladGunslinger's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Epamynondas View Post
    I just had a food-related epiphany.

I'm alone at home with my brother, which means that the whole house, and specifically the kitchen is a huge mess.

After looking around a bit I decided I'd have soup and fried eggs for dinner.

While frying the eggs, I discovered some leftover spaghetti from yesterday sitting around. At that point I was doubting whether the dinner I was planning would be enough, but on the other hand the spaghetti had been sitting there for a whole day, and we didn't even have any kind of sauce, so the thought of eating them was not really appealing.

I looked at the spaghetti. I looked at the frying pan. Back to the spaghetti. Frying pan again.

Why the hell not?

And then the spaghetti and the pan where in the same place, and a minute after that I was having the best dinner of my entire life.
    "I'm your huckleberry."