Trail mix after midnight
Trail mix after midnight
I almost never scramble eggs without onion of some sort, and I commonly fill them with so much vegetable matter that it's more vegetable than egg by the end of it. I'll throw garlic in (I eat garlic on basically everything) too. And you can scramble eggs with a combination of potato, onion, cheese and bacon if you like it to make a delicious potato egg... thing.
Feel free to hit me up if craving action of the roleplay sort.
Wayward Refrain: a Text Adventure
About time I post some food findings here.
At work, we're selling a new pizza called the "Bacon Bacon Bacon" (I'd personally call it "B3"). The pizza features canadian bacon, our cripsy bacon bits, and special pepper bacon bits, which feature bigger pieces of bacon pressed with peppercorns. I was never a fan of canadian bacon, so what I decided to do was make the pizza with white sauce and substitute the canadian bacon with chicken. The B3 pizza technically comes with onions too, but I left them off because we were running low on chopped onions for the day and didn't feel like throwing on any green onions. So I put feta cheese on instead.
I do like the pizza I made but I don't really taste the peppery flavor of the pepper bacon very much, even when I bite into mostly bacon bits with a little crust, sauce, and cheese. What would be cool is if we had a peppercorn shaker to top the pizza off with. I should do it at home myself, speaking of which. However, if someone wanted a B3 stuffed pizza, it's gonna be hard to get the bacon on the first layer seasoned, which is a bummer.
If people want a B3 stuffed pizza, make sure they have a signed note from their cardiologist.
I was told these garlic fries would be much too garlicy. I am disappointed to find that they are only mildly too garlicy :<
If these were proper garlic fries a vampire would be hospitalized for a week for licking my neck
EDIT: Oof. After a whole plate of 'em I think I could at least make a vampire pass out if I breathed in their face
Two very different posts.
I mean, they both use large text but...
I am confused.
So, I have a prickly pear in my yard.
And I am tempted to make jam out of it.
Except, it's very hard to make prickly pear jam and I'm not sure my parents would be okay with me cutting up our prickly pear.
What a conundrum.
NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng
Just cut off the thorns with a knife and then eat it raw. I've tried it before long ago, it tastes like awesome.
"A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!" - Andrew Ryan
Mmm, halloween candy. Smarties to be exact.
Is it still halloween candy if you got it around halloween but did not give the rest of it out or get it through trick-or-treating? Hmm. > :?
There is this place in town called the Quiki Mart, it's what you would expect a simple convenience store to be like.
But they have these jojos (Potato Wedges) and they are so amazingly good, it's like holy damn. I haven't seen any other ones taste so good.
Holy shit how do simple lunches taste so much better when you make them yourself.
I swear to god the day I say that I'm sick of PB&J is the day on which I will die.
Although Hawaiian Bread comes PRETTY DAMN CLOSE
anyways! What I was gonna say was today was an interesting day for cooking. I ended up running around ALL FRIGGING DAY getting stuff ready. I made homemade ginger ale and more homemade pasta, this time with an alfredo sauce. No pictures, and I really screwed up the pasta pretty badly, but the ginger ale is damn near perfect and I am sippin' on it as I write.
1. mix one cup of boiling water with one cup of sugar, stirring until the sugar is dissolved in the water. This is simple syrup and it's a great easy thing to make and have on hand for all sorts of recipes. Put this aside.
2. mix one cup of peeled and finely chopped ginger with two cups of boiling water; simmer for five minutes, then let it sit for twenty minutes. [i]This results in a VERY strong ginger water; if you don't want as harsh a burn from the ginger, FEEL FREE TO REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF GINGER TO AS LOW AS HALF A CUP. Once it's sat for long enough, pour it all through a fine mesh strainer. You should have about a cup and a half of liquid left, as the ginger will have absorbed some and some will have boiled away; if you have a bit less or more that is okay.
3. Mix the juice of one lime with around one and half to two cups of club soda (use more club soda if you want more fizz and less sweetness; use less if you want a stronger, sipping drink). If you want more lime flavor, use two limes.
4. Mix the ginger water, simple syrup, and lime club soda. Refrigerate.Alfredo Sauce
1. in a medium saucepan heat 1 cup (1/2 stick) of butter on medium low until melted.
2. pour in one cup of heavy cream. This may be labeled heavy whipping cream; that's totally okay!. Turn the heat up to medium.
3. After five minutes cooking and stirring occasionally, pour in a cup and a half of grated parmesan cheese. seriously don't bother buying imported parmigiana-reggiano for this, it's goddamn expensive. Also add in garlic to taste at this point (i used the equivalent of one clove of chopped up garlic; I would not use more than two cloves though).
4. About a minute before serving, add in 1/4 cup of fresh chopped parsley.
tehs echicken tenegere with ketchip and barbeveu sacue taste ebtetre than any iv'e[ had bver and i'ver had chicken strips a lto in my life
Cold mac + cheese with olives. Huh.
Black (Mission olives). Call me crazy, but for my purposes I prefer them.
I always keep a tin of olives in the pantry. And then half the time, I empty its contents in one shot a day after I bought it. Olives are pretty versatile: mix them with almonds, Craisins, olive oil and lemon juice for a simple salad, or throw them in an omelette with some chicken....