MSPA Forums
Page 84 of 100 FirstFirst ... 34748182838485868794 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2489

Thread: The Felt Memorial Food Thread.

Re: The Tony Curtis Memorial Food Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Xijiy View Post
    That sounds like some pretty good chicken cooking skills.

What sort of wine did you use for the chicken? :0
    I used a red rose wine I had lying around, it wasn't that good as alcohol but with the chicken and the right spices it turned out to be very good.

Alcohol will always cook out of something that you bake leaving the flavor

(which is why I don't get recipes that tell you to use beer...)
    I am not a pessimist. To perceive evil where it exists is, in my opinion, a form of optimism

Quote Originally Posted by Jitka View Post
    I demand this be renamed the Leslie Nielsen Memorial Food Thread

I demand it
    Seconded

Pronouns
    [any]

I learned something new today. If you're adding eggs to your sauce, add them at the point you're sautéing the meat and onions. If you throw them in after you've downed a can of white beans in tomato sauce it will very easily start looking like a giant omelet. xD

Seriously. I was just making this creamy chicken sauce to have with rice and halfway through I figured it'd be a great idea to throw in four eggs, haha!
    Yes.

It sounds like it was still pretty good though. It's hard to go wrong with eggs!

Pronouns
    [any]

Oh yes! It turned out delicious! It's all soft but there are still parts you can nom on. And it's spicy and gives you this great hot feeling in your mouth but it still doesn't make you run for water. Turned out really darn good.
    Yes.

Heh it definetly sounds like you're a pretty talented cook. Did you have a sauce in mind when you were trying to add the eggs into the cream?

You should try some salsa and eggs. Man that stuff is surprisingly good.

Pronouns
    [any]

Yes, the whole point was to make a chicken sauce that'd go well with rice. And it worked.

Basically it was just peppered chicken fried with onions. Then I threw in a can of mushrooms, beans in tomato sauce and a bag of frozen corn-pea-paprika mix. By now it was very liquidy especially from the tomato sauce and here's when I threw in the eggs finally. After that some cream and a chicken stock cube. xD

Well okay, I added different spices at different points too but that stuff is easy.

But yes, salsa does go well with eggs!

I'm not that good of a cook but man do I love cooking when I get a chance.
    Yes.

Not sure if you how it would have tasted in the end but flour is a pretty good choice to add to the sauce when you want it to become a bit more thick. Though I'm sure the eggs did the job well.

I used to be in cooking school because I loved cooking and always had a good time at there. However, when I get out to a restaurant enviroment it wasn't what I was hoping for. So now I just mostly cook at home when I can afford the time and money.

Pronouns
    [any]

Yeah, I thought of adding flour but as you said, the eggs did it quite well. I think I added a bit too many of them but of course I kept mixing it so they didn't make it too thick. ^^

Ahh! I've never been to an actual cooking school or anything! I did once work in a restaurant for a week though so I can relate, haha! I actually didn't start cooking that much until about... uhh.. three years ago maybe. So far my best dish is - lasagna!
    Yes.

Heh yea the cooking world when you actually work in a restaurant is completely different then how it feels to cook at home. I learned that the hard way sadly. But it was still a useful school for all the tips and tricks I learned.

Mostly, I like cooking with chicken. Chicken bourbon and chicken french are some of my favorite dishes. Delicious.

I haven't made lasagna in a long time what do you like to add in there? Sausages, peppers, mushrooms?

Pronouns
    [any]

Well my work during that week was mostly just washing dishes and making salads. It was a small kitchen. Two regulars, one trainee and me and this other guy as helpers. Got to see how it all works though. ^^

But lasagna! Yeah, mince meat, mushrooms, garlic and black pepper. I like to add a little bit of hot sauce too and whatever other spices I feel like mixing in at the moment. Not too much though. Never too many different.

The cheese sauce was just simply made by adding flour into melted butter and slowly mixing milk into it. Boil a little, throw in the cheese and.. here's the best part.. spice with nutmeg and some pepper. I just happened to remember "nutmeg" from somewhere and dear gog it worked perfectly!
    Yes.

If you ever want to go work in one of the big time kitchens I wish you luck because it's pretty rough stuff.

Onto the lasagna. Hmm that all sounds pretty good though I'm more of a fan of onions in my lasgana though I'm becoming more of a fan of mushrooms as time goes on. Though I used to hate them with a passion.

Hmm, that cheese sauce that you're talking about sounds pretty good. What did you put that on? Or was it used in the lasgana?

Thief of Time / Bad At Posting Kadaashi's Avatar
    Pronouns
    they/them/theirs

Hey a food thread, awesome. I'll just...sit here. Waiting for my bundt cake. :|
    IT IS PUMPKIN. *excited*

Pronouns
    [any]

Nah, I have no interest in actually working on the business. Unless it's out in the open ocean or skies in a tiny kitchen where I can do my own thing, haha!

But yes, the cheese sauce was for the lasagna. I put some between each layer and then poured more on the top and sprinkled some cheese there too. And yeah, I use lots of onions in my dishes too. Cheap and delicious.
    Yes.

You could be my cook anyday. ~

That sounds all kind of delicious I'll have to give that a shot some day.

Moving onto a different food based discussion I don't know if you've ever had garbage dip before but it's amazingly delicious.

It's a combination of beans/corns/onions and this strange sweet vinegar sort of dressing.

It's delicious.

Thief of Time / Bad At Posting Kadaashi's Avatar
    Pronouns
    they/them/theirs

Oh dear god this cake is too sweet
    afk for life

Chimera of Humor and Knowledge Jitka's Avatar

my very last pack of chicken ramen noodles

i'll miss you noodles

You know I was never really a big fan of chicken ramen. It always just tasted like chicken noodle soup without the chunks of chicken.

That's precisely what it is!

Try another flavor.

When I eat my chicken noodle soup I want the chunks of chicken in it! Delicious protein.

I've really never ventured away from the beef flavor of ramen.. Any recommendations?

The fact that this thread has not been responded to in almost a week makes me very sad. ):

So let me throw in a post that's sure to add in some discussion material.

Seafood? Great food or Greatest food?

Banned

Try actual legitimate fresh Japanese ramen and never look back, Xijiy.

Also, yes seafood owns super super hard. I went on a cruise with the family a while back and the restaurant had this seafood ceviche one night and it was just godly.

Hmm where would you suggest I find a place that sell ramen done in such a style. It sounds like an interesting.

I love chinese food mostly because many chinese dishes tend to include seafood of some kind. Especially Calamari though that may be my italian side kicking in.

Crab is the best kind of fish to eat.

Banned

Where do you live? There's tons of authentic Japanese places around me that make great ramen. Maybe check out Yelp for your city?

I live in new york but in upstate new york. There is a sushi/steakhouse around here that I could try out.