Page 91 of 100 FirstFirst ... 418188899091929394 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2489

Thread: The Felt Memorial Food Thread.

Party Captain AdminGorg Drillgorg's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Re: The Fait Memorial Food Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cucurbita View Post
    Food that's good when you've got a really sore throat, suggestions?
    Jello

manatee with shades inexpediency's Avatar

Tortilla chips

(just kidding don't really eat tortilla chips)

Pronouns
    [any]

Azteca Fire, wow, looks interesting. I'll have to try some if I am ever near a Teavana.

Cucurbita... honey and tea! Maybe just some chamomile tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Drillgorg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cucurbita View Post
    Food that's good when you've got a really sore throat, suggestions?
    Jello
    Unfortunatly jello isn't actually that easy to come by in sweden

Quote Originally Posted by inexpediency View Post
    Tortilla chips

(just kidding don't really eat tortilla chips)
    Hahaha I actually had some today. It wasn't the best idea I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantos View Post
    Azteca Fire, wow, looks interesting. I'll have to try some if I am ever near a Teavana.

Cucurbita... honey and tea! Maybe just some chamomile tea.
    Yeah, that's always a good idea.

Thanks guys~

Pronouns
    he/him/his

@sorethroat Mug of hot water + lemon juice + honey + chilli flesh + grated ginger. Works surprisingly well.

I find popsicles are nice when I have a sore throat, they are a must have for me during allergy season.

The Polymath SunglassescladGunslinger's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Vanilla extract + earl grey tea = cure for any sore throat.
    "I'm your huckleberry."

A Transdimensional Beeing shatteredAcademic's Avatar

I usually go for the hot tea with honey approach to sore throats. Comforting and tasty. Unless you don't have any good hot tea stuff in the house and have to resort to using the stuff meant for iced tea. Then it's just bitter and terrible no matter how much honey you put in it. =/

Also, I tried my hand at making a meal with kielbasa the other night. My dad cooks with the stuff all the time, and I found some turkey kielbasa on sale at the grocery store near where I'm interning, so I thought I'd try it with some rice or something. Had no butter for the rice like the directions called for, so I just fried up the meat first so the juices would take the butter's place. Had no lid for my pan like the directions called for either, so I used a baking pan to cover the rice while it cooked. Got distracted by the internet and burned some of the rice to the bottom of the pan, but just left it on the bottom so it wouldn't get mixed in with the good rice.

Even with the mishaps and constant fear of setting off the apartment's fire alarm, it all turned out surprisingly good. Chicken Fajita flavored Rice-a-Roni+Turkey Polska Kielbasa=three days of tasty lunches. It's very salty though so if you weren't raised putting an unhealthy amount of salt on everything you might not like it. I have to forget health concerns every now and then and make something that reminds me of home. :3

shatteredAcademic (IC/OOC)/maritimeInstigator (IC)/incorrigibleEnthusiasm (IC)

Avatar is from a picture by Almost Human because AH draws awesomely amazing things and is awesome.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Two pieces of toast + Omelet in skillet after frying bacon making more of a fried egg than an omelet but throwing in the bacon that I just fried into it = sandwich for lunch.

mmmmmm

actually very good.
    "I'm your huckleberry."

My country instant noodles. If not for my own healt, I would've eat it three times a day.

I WANT TO TAKE THE EARS OFF Wild Bunny's Avatar

ok so I just went to the gas station to get some subway, and I ended up buying my favorite chips in the entire world. They're Vitner's brand (the SIZZLIN HOT Crunchy kurls). They usually take a few months to get some more after running out so I've been buying the shit out of these. I got the last 2 bags on the shelf. ♥ Like, I swear, I can't explain how great these are.

and I'm washing them down with peach faygo. nom.

The guy who invented instant noodles claims that he ate it every day for the rest of his life, so I wouldn't put it too far out of the realm of possibility.

My apparent favorite "chip" is jalapeno flavored cheetos.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    The guy who invented instant noodles claims that he ate it every day for the rest of his life, so I wouldn't put it too far out of the realm of possibility.
    But...what...so much sodium O.o

Adding banana peppers and hot sauce to pasta sauce is pretty A-Ok in my book.

Don't know why I'm on this hot sauce/spicy food kick but it certainly is making me try odd combinations of food.

Quote Originally Posted by Varkarrus View Post
    I don't know why, but I don't like rice.

I like rice cakes and rice crispys, though!
    The thing I like most about rice is that it adds bulk to whatever you're cooking. If you don't have much money, rice and bulk soup mix can provide a cheap, not bad meal. Add some frozen vegetables, and you can eat pretty good if your budget is occupied with other things, like education or alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Xijiy View Post
    Adding banana peppers and hot sauce to pasta sauce is pretty A-Ok in my book.

Don't know why I'm on this hot sauce/spicy food kick but it certainly is making me try odd combinations of food.
    Hot foods are the best, though they aren't fun afterward if you've had a lot of hot food. Still, the burning tells you it was a good meal going in.

Chimera of Humor and Knowledge Jitka's Avatar

i've eaten about thirty million sunflower seeds in the last week

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Mmmm Clams are amazing.

I wish I had some mei fun from this little Chinese shack I know about.

But it's too cold to go get it.

What about you guys, mei fun y/n?
    "I'm your huckleberry."

all dong jokes all the time He said, fully erect's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NotAPumpkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    But...what...so much sodium O.o
    Well nobody said his life was very long

A Transdimensional Beeing shatteredAcademic's Avatar

Dunno what mei fun is. =/

Made some awesome biscuits today, though. Was trying to get rid of this half gallon of milk I bought and promptly forgot about before it expired, so I mixed it with Bisquick mix and maple syrup to make drop biscuits. Dug a little hole in the middle of each glop of dough and drizzled some more syrup inside, then pinched over it with the biscuit edges. Took under 15 mins total to make and made five huge biscuits. They're a pretty golden color, which I can never seem to get when I bake, sort of onion-shaped, which is neat, and have a lovely mapley flavor soaked in from all the syrup. I imagine they'd have been even better if I'd had some blueberries or something on hand. Will definitely have to try making these again some time.
    shatteredAcademic (IC/OOC)/maritimeInstigator (IC)/incorrigibleEnthusiasm (IC)

Avatar is from a picture by Almost Human because AH draws awesomely amazing things and is awesome.

Rice is my life

I mean sure I could go without it

but you cannot take my tasty heritage away

Guys Sbarro. It's delicious. They have the best marinara ever.

I WANT TO TAKE THE EARS OFF Wild Bunny's Avatar

does anybody have a good recipe for asiago (or any similar cheese) and jalepeno bread/rolls? Or just with jalepenos? I don't have a bread maker so I'll have to do it old school, but I have had SUCH A CRAVING for this bread and I don't want to buy it because store bought, if you can find it, is just not as good. Once I finish my required hospitality course and kitchen safety course I will be enrolling in some culinary classes (and then maybe applying to a culinary school? hmmmm), but til then my personal repertoire of recipes has been limited.

I can also say, on the subject of pasta/instant noodles/etc, we got my mother a pasta maker from Williams Sonoma (If you want to get good cooking utensils that last forever, go there. They have the best utensils ever, and they are more than worth the few dollars extra you'll be shelling out). It's a traditional hand-cranked and comes with the regular roller (to flatten the dough and get the air bubbles out as well as make lasagna noodles, flatten dough for ravioli, etc), fettuccine, spaghetti, and I think one more. Despite the fact that I always get to be the one to lay the noodles out on their towels to dry (a lot more difficult than one would think, if you have limited space), the noodles have been VERY delicious. I've only had a bite of them (though she's made them twice so far) because both times I was ill, but it was SO GOOD. If you have never experienced fresh pasta before you have never lived. I was strongly reminded of the 2 weeks I got to spend in italy when I was younger.