MSPA Forums
Page 11 of 101 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventure Plots Up For Grabs

Rogue of SPACE!/Witch of Blood Daniel990's Avatar
    Pronouns
    [any]

Re: Adventure Plots Up For Grabs

I have a whole idea that I like, but I just can't draw, especially not with my mouse.
    fitter happier more productive

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Okay, I've added the missing idea to my last post.

And to make this post less useless, have another idea!

A group of people (any age) are bored. Really bored. It's something a little more 'existential' than just having nothing to do. So they decide to start a secret cult just for kicks. They spend an afternoon at one guy's place and make up an extensive mythos of gods and heroes and monsters, and tales and writings and iconography and the End of the World. Then they start spreading it, all the time pretending it's an actual religion, starting locally with posters, rumours, and the likes, then a website, a forum, that kind of stuff. All the time pretending to not be the ones who started it.

It can either be a dark Lovecraftian thing, or something lighter similar to Greek or Norse mythology.

Possible twist in spoiler:

I'm not old I'm just Beard Age OldManRupee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel990 View Post
    I have a whole idea that I like, but I just can't draw, especially not with my mouse.
    If you want to give that idea up for someone else to use, please dump it here! If you still want to do the adventure yourself but would like to meet up with an arty collaborator type person, thats a different thread that I can't remember the name of.
    Stuck for inspiration? Check out the resources in my signature:

Idea: take a regularly used Forum Adventure cliche ("you wake up with no memory of who you are or how you got there! What do?"), and apply it to a setting that is AS MUCH LIKE REAL LIFE AS POSSIBLE. Interesting possibilities.

Pronouns
    [any]

Yeah, I want someone to do the art for me, does anyone know what thread that is?

There isn't such a thread. For the most part, collaborative adventures happen between friends, and publicly asking for an artist rarely works out. As a result, we don't really have a specified place for such requests.

Pronouns
    [any]

OldManRupee said there was.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Baccano! but with Homestuck characters. Here's some that I thought of:

Isaac - John: This can totally work. Come on.
    Miria - Jade: Turn this into a brother-sister team instead of a couple.
    Jacuzzi - Tavros: This makes perfect sense.
    Nice - Vriska: For the Tavros/Vriska shippers out there.
    Ladd - Gamzee: Have Gamzee yell a lot, replace the white suits with clown clothes and we're set.
    Lua - Rose/Kanaya: Rose and Kanaya would fit as Ladd's completely calm yet crazy girlfriend. It's crazy enough to work.
    >Nothing out of the ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel990 View Post
    OldManRupee said there was.
    http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread...m-undecided%29

Seems dead and not fit for purpose though. Sorry.

The year is 1806, and the Napoleonic Wars rage on unbound, the last monarchist nations of Europe still defying the Emperor's relentless advance.

But in the untamed heart of the land, something is stirring. Children go missing in the deep forests along the Rhine, never to return. Great wolves that speak like men roam the Russian steppe - and even stranger beings, driven on by a witch on her flying pestle. The Ottoman Empire struggles with a revolt in Transylvania, their men disappearing in the night and returning drained of all blood.

Bonaparte has heard enough. Whether superstious trickery or something infinitely worse, it must be dealt with. And you are the ones to do it.

There's an idea kicking around my head, and I really doubt I could do it justice. But maybe one of you can...

There is a game that uses reality as its playing field. Maybe SBURB, maybe not, but that same sort of thing - it's not confined to your computer or a board or deck of cards. Anyway, you are playing this game...

And you have enabled hardmode.

The Earth has been ravaged by a worldwide disaster of some sort. Everything is wasteland and pitiful survivors.

Only, you're not on the Earth.

You've been in the International Space Station this whole time.

Monsters are real, horrible things that lurk in the shadows and steal away children and the elderly. They appear without warning and without apparent means of entry, and vanish just as suddenly once their appetite is sated. These abominations are ruthless and think only of their hunger, with intelligence ranging from the dumbest of animals to something almost resembling human cunning...

...and weak. Very, very weak. The average adult human from OUR world (rather less one where they know there's real monsters) could easily defeat one with any sharp or blunt object that happened to be within arm's reach. It is only because they are clever enough to prey on the weak that they are a threat at all. The only real societal differences in this world are that weapon control laws are much less restrictive and more people choose to own one. Otherwise, the world's not all that different after all...

...unless, of course, you happen to be an orphan.
    My adventures and writing here:
    Current: Today is your day (Aisleventure)
    Completed: Aisleventure: Make a contract with me and become a magical girl!
    Abandonned: Cursed, Trust me, Trust Me: Reboot, Troll Ender's Game: Shadow of the CULLSAT parts 1 and 2, Leave Me Alone!.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I'm working on a Forum Adventure "Christmas in Torchia". Technically speaking, the plot is "up for grabs" because it is entirely reader-driven! Check it out in my signature!

Pronouns
    he/him/his

You work in a spooky radio tower as a late night talk show host. People call in and and blather talk about their dumb opinions, but they're ghosts! Yes, it's common knowledge in modern society that ghosts and seances are real things.

The Scribe of "The Scribe of" magnetoHydroDynamics's Avatar

Four to Eight young Sparks discover an interesting set of old ruins, a whole new branch of science, their heroic destinies and how universes are made.

Geniusstuck - Mad Science, Romance, Adventure and Frogs!

(Yes, that is a reference to Girl Genius)
    I don't have a signature.

Your wife has been kidnapped by orcish bandits! This is horrible, it's almost too much to bear. Well, they won't get away with it! By day you may be a humble baker, but by night... oh who are you kidding? You don't even own a weapon, rather less know how to use one. What's a commoner supposed to do?

But then, a turn of good fortune. By mere chance, one of those legendary hero-types happens to be passing through this area and is staying in your village's inn for the night. You may not have wealth or even a great deal of fame to offer him, but you've got to find some way to get this man's help!

Adventure may be further complicated when the selfish "hero" refuses to do it and the baker, in desperation, starts following him around trying to impress him with how serious he is about this. Even when the hero leaves town. And resumes his journey towards a city that's almost a month away with a good horse.
    My adventures and writing here:
    Current: Today is your day (Aisleventure)
    Completed: Aisleventure: Make a contract with me and become a magical girl!
    Abandonned: Cursed, Trust me, Trust Me: Reboot, Troll Ender's Game: Shadow of the CULLSAT parts 1 and 2, Leave Me Alone!.

Not an adventure idea, but here. Have some character designs that I might never use. Use them for grunts or mooks or something.

Tokusatsu-kin: Kamen/Rider/Riders

Currently in desperate need for cash. Doing art for 5 dollars. PM me.

Pronouns
    [any]

After the zombie uprising, all of the United States fell under the disease. Other, unaffected countries took up the final solution: bomb the isolated country and prevent it from spreading to theirs. Some say there are survivors. Some say there are still zombies roaming the remains of what was once America.

Ohio. A zombie is roaming around Cleveland, looking for something to eat. In the middle of a destroyed road, a boy, uninfected, stands with a balloon. He has been inside, playing video games and browsing the Internet all day, not too sure of the world that was once around and what happened to it. He's immune to the virus.

And they become best friends as they travel across the nation.

not sure if this has already been said but...

you are a spy who has discovered that a rival agency has created a devce to remove every pumpkin that is was or will be from existance, this is a problem because everything your agency makes, inluding the agency, is powered by pumpkins. but no one believes you, and so you set out on your own to destroy the machine. it would be easy too if it werent for your total inability to resist womens wiles.

The world gets invaded by an army of space cats.

The armies of the world are quickly decimated and with society rapidly falling apart, FIVE BRAVE HEROES between the ages of 14 and 17 are SUMMONED to fight against the FELINE MENACE.

Pronouns
    [any]

- You are a college student. You decided to take a course from one of your favorite professors. However, the week classes start, your professor is replaced with a demonic instructor who will probably feed your soul to some horrid abomination if you don't change classes. In your way of changing classes: more academic red tape than you can shake a stick at. Plus other shenanigans likely. For an added twist, you could actually implement an update/post limit until you reach a failstate.

- You are a connoisseur of some specific type of food Let's say it's pie for example's sake, but it could be anything. You are on a quest to find the best pie in the world. Shenanigans ensue.

- You are a young scientist who just got a job at this suspicious company but the pay and benefits are great. On your first day of work, you are in for a surprise when you find out that your company is attempting to evolve deadly bacteria to take over the world by producing many "blank slate" cells and each scientist controls their specific cell to develop the bacteria. If you can develop the bacteria first, you get a huge prize! (See: Ruler of New Australia)

i have no idea at this point Anomaly's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

As has happened countless times before, an evil overlord has risen to take over the world, probably with an army of dragons or robots or demons or robotic demon-dragon hybrids. Naturally, a team of youths has risen up as great heroes of this world in order to destroy this overlord and save the world.

The overlord, however, isn't stupid.

He knows that the heroes will never get anywhere without a few key things that are found on every quest.

The first of these is bartenders. Without them, the heroes will never be able to find quests or ask about rumors, and thus will be unable to find all of the MacGuffins needed to reforge the Legendary Sword of the Ancients, the only thing that can kill the overlord himself or the most powerful of his dragon/robot/demon guardians (which, naturally, guard his fortress). Seeing this problem, he has put all barkeeps in the kingdom to death.

The second of these is item shops. Without them, the heroes will fall to even the lesser monsters due to their inability to guzzle potions after every battle or use generic non-copyrighted resurrection items to raise dead party members. Nor will they be able to sell all of their useless junk to make money which they can use to stay in the inns or resurrect party members at a sanctuary. They won't even be able to buy new weapons or supplies, or learn any new spells. Naturally, the overlord has shut down all factories supplying the item shops, and they have all gone out of business.

His plan has succeeded. The heroes have failed in their quest. But there is still hope for the world. The last remaining bartender must team up with a now out-of-business shopkeep and take down the evil overlord's legions of terror. The fate of the world is now in their hands.

Second to the Crispy Noodle Neoskel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wlzrobert View Post
    - You are a young scientist who just got a job at this suspicious company but the pay and benefits are great. On your first day of work, you are in for a surprise when you find out that your company is attempting to evolve deadly bacteria to take over the world by producing many "blank slate" cells and each scientist controls their specific cell to develop the bacteria. If you can develop the bacteria first, you get a huge prize! (See: Ruler of New Australia)
    The President of Madagascar immediately shuts down EVERYTHING...

Page 11 of 101 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast