stealth mod edit from the future:
Thread Three - in progress!
Check out Bowman's blog about this! Also, no new people can join at this time, because there's already well over 100.
This is a collaborative project in which a stuffed rabbit travels between forum members, inspired by the Con-Air bunny's journey in Homestuck. Each forum member will have an opportunity to perform their own grisly modifications on the bunny, and write their own heartfelt, sentimental letter to be sent with it. It will provide a great opportunity to work on a community "art project" and maybe even meet some local forumites in person. Also, if so inclined, you can take pictures of yourself with the bunny near interesting landmarks.
Click here for the currently planned route!
ONCE YOU HAVE THE BUNNY, you are expected to...
- Write a letter to the next recipient (the person you have to send the bunny to). This can be addressed to them personally, and they will get to keep it as a souvenir of their participation in Hare Force One.[/*]
- Write a general letter to "all future bunny recipients", or something similar. This letter will stay in the box and travel with the rabbit on its journey.By the end of his trip, the bunny's box should ideally have a letter from everyone who had him.[/*]
- If you have a camera, take a picture of the bunny, yourself with the bunny, yourself chaos dunking the bunny, or re-enacting other MSPA shenanigans. [/*]
- If you feel so inclined, make some modification to the bunny. In Homestuck this involved adding knitted parts, robot limbs, and overpowered weapons. You probably have your own crazy ideas for this, but make sure they are legal to own/mail, not horribly inappropriate or anything, and not too heavy without good reason (for reasons of shipping costs)[/*]
- Once you have written your letters, taken photos, and given the bunny your desired modifications, mail it off to the next planned recipient. It's recommended you don't post pictures of your post-modification bunny so it is more of a surprise when it is received, though you may want to take the pictures anyway in case your modifications are damaged in-transit and you still want to show them off. [/*
- Try not to keep the bunny for more than three or four days, a week tops. This thing needs to keep moving it it's going to reach everyone, and we don't want anyone forgetting about it. Sending to the next recipient as soon as possible is preferred. [/*]
The current plan is for the bunnies to ultimately be sent to Andrew, and other leading figures of our comunity.
In order to keep a steady stream of updates and fit in everyone's modifications, there will be three FIVE seven bunnies travelling around. When one of the bunnies is coming up on your general area, organize with the other people in the area. Confirm who is sending to who, and once you have done so PM your address or postbox to the person who will be sending the rabbit to you. Depending on your proximity to other forumites (and your willingness to meet INTERNET STRANGERS), the bunny can either be mailed to the next recipient or exchanged in person.
Bishop wrote a pretty nice summary sheet of the above rules (PDF)! Suitable for putting in a box!
Current bunny itineraries, as of 6/23/10:
Original, outdated post below: