MSPA Forums

View Poll Results: Do you feel compelled to find similarities between your and your patron troll to relate to them?

Voters
1955. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yessssss. WE ARE SO ALIKE, I THINK.

424 21.69%
  • I don't go out of my way to do so, but sometimes.

1,014 51.87%
  • Nope. I don't put up with these Zodiac hoofbeast-leavings.

517 26.45%
Page 1 of 55 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you identify with your Patron Troll?

Do you identify with your Patron Troll?

Well, do you?

I've had to think pretty hard about this. I feel as though I identify a lot better with Karkat, even though I'm a Taurus, not a Cancer.

So I mulled over the character attributes of one Tavros Nitram. And we do have a lot in common, really. He's more socially awkward than most, yet entertains fantasies of whimsy and plays nerdy TCGs. Not to mention an underlying sense of camaraderie, loyalty and some kind of Chivalry. Ultimately, we're pretty similar. And that's without me making leaps and bounds and stretching the imagination to try to find similarities.

What do you do about this, though? Do you try to identify with your Patron Troll? Or does the idea repulse you to the put of making strides to be their antithesis?

In summation: Look, a poll! Vote on things!

--Orange
    Last edited by ashdenej; 04-23-2012 at 05:38 AM.

Banned

Re: Do you identify with your Patron Troll?

patron trolls were always a dumb idea tbqh

Virgo.
    I have a tendency to have extremely emotionless speech, and am somewhat of a sociopath.

Though, I'm pretty sure I've never chainsawed somebodies legs off.

I'm a Sagittarius, and I identify much more easily with Terezi than Equius.

I don't have Terezi's violent bouts of justice, but otherwise, yeah.
    I Suddenly Don't Understand Anything

A for reals deals doctor Doctor Tess's Avatar

All we've seen of mine so far is that she lives underwater and culls fish and is really pretty.

So no, not at all.

Scorpio here. Don't identify with any troll, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Varinn
    patron trolls were always a dumb idea tbqh
    On this note without all of the bluh bluh, I did always wonder why people cared about how they related to their sign's troll. I mean, IIRC Andrew essentially ignored all of the characteristics that are supposed to be assigned to people born under X sign when creating the trolls, so relating to your "patron troll" is not any different from relating to any random character. Not to mention that astrology in general is pretty much bullshit anyway.

To be on topic though, I'd say I've never really related to Terezi as we normally see her. I think she's funny and interesting but because her character is funny and interesting, not because I share some astrological sign with her.

Well I can control some people and have used this power to kill, cripple, and generally cause harm to people around me.

Not really I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruckert
    Virgo.
    I have a tendency to have extremely emotionless speech, and am somewhat of a sociopath.

But it wasn't Virgo that sawed the legs off though... right? I'm pretty sure about that.

But yeah, I understand if you guys don't. Tavros, for instance, is one of the more sane trolls. He's just a nice fellow.

On the other hand, if I was Sagittarius then I would be hard-pressed to identify with Equius in almost any form or fashion.

But opinions are the point here folks! Glad to hear them all the same.

I'm an Aquarius and kinda bummed that we've gone so long without seeing CA. But from the glimpse we got, he wears alot of bling and says 'rubbish' like me.
    Buuuuuut until CA's real intro, I've kind of adopted Sollux because he is a badass.

i identify with karkat because I have also run a computer code that cursed me and my friends, causing our parents to die through unforseen shenanigans.

In the traditional zodiac I am a Libra, in the revised one I am a Virgo so I'd be happy with either one.

But I totally like Terezi, I love her manipulation skills, "3H3H3H3H3H3H3H", and how her quirk is like 1337, and she has a strong sense of loyalty and justice, even if it's the fucked up kind.

But do I identify with her? Well we both like dragons, we both can be pretty vengeful, we both has academic aspirations, we both are mischievous and love to laugh evilly in front of the computer, we both are pretty crazy, and we both enjoy manipulation.

Once I showed a pic of Terezi's first appearance in Homestuck to a friend who hasn't read it yet. I asked her if it reminds me of me, and she said that, yeah it's totally me.

Banned

i identify w/ equius because im strong irl

Deathwatch Grand Master HarMegidon's Avatar

Astrology was all but disproved by science guys a while ago ago, so I find patron trolls stuff (bragging about how awesome your patron is etc.) stupid. Source here.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange
    Virgo.

But it wasn't Virgo that sawed the legs off though... right? I'm pretty sure about that.
    Actually, yeah.

WH4T 1S TH1S 1 DON'T 3V3N SweetMadness's Avatar

I really like Sollux, and I think there's a bit of similarity between his character and my personality (moodiness and bouts of horrendously low self-esteem), but that's about it for my patron troll.

It's sort of the way I feel about astrology as a whole. The description of a Gemini fits certain aspects of how I behave, but not on a scale large enough for me to put any serious stock in it.

Quote Originally Posted by HarMegidon
    Astrology was all but disproved by science guys a while ago ago, so I find patron trolls stuff (bragging about how awesome your patron is etc.) stupid. Source here.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure you don't have to tell that to most people. It's more about the funny coincidences such as this one than anything else.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who only really started reading horoscopes after finding out about the trolls, because it's a much more entertaining read if you put the faces to the signs and imagine them in those situations.

Anyhow, identify isn't necessarily the right word, but I do recognise having some similarities with Aradia. I'm probably closest to her of all trolls, character traits-wise (also with stuff like archeology and approach to games and powergamers). Still very far though.

EDIT: And she's still far from being my favourite, great as those recent updates were. Waiting for further developments on that front.

Deathwatch Grand Master HarMegidon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who only really started reading horoscopes after finding out about the trolls, because it's a much more entertaining read if you put the faces to the signs and imagine them in those situations.
    Hey, that is an awesome idea.

Representative Ankylosaurus dragonpaul99's Avatar

Yes It Was.

Astrology was all but disproved by science guys a while ago ago, so I find patron trolls stuff (bragging about how awesome your patron is etc.) stupid.
    Astrology Was Completely Disproven By Common Sense Hundreds Of Years Ago, So I Find Someone Caring About Whether Other People Should Have Fun Talking About It To Be Annoying.

Anyway, Ga Is The Best Troll And I Am Glad To Have Her As My Sign.

Virgo.

Actually, yeah.
    OH CRAP I DON'T KNOW MY SYMBOLS.

On a side note though, when I said that I thought it wasn't Virgo, for some reason I was thinking ARADIA was Virgo. Go figure. I knew Grimmy sawed up Tavs though.

Thing is, I don't believe a bit in Astrology as a fortune-telling medium. Or as anything else, really. But since the established dates ARE there, people can look to their corresponding troll and usually get some kind amusement out of it, at the very least.

LORD OF THE SQUIDDLEDRAGONS

VOTE EQUALIZER

...My sign is Leo, and I only sometimes act similar to Nepeta. However, I act more like a combination of a group of trolls, ad from what I gather, most other people do as well. But she's SO. CUTE. :33 So, second option.

Can you retool the poll to include the option "The Idea of a 'Patron Troll' is inconsiderable to me"

Tavros is a bit too ditzy for me to really identify with him, but I do like him.

Also, a game that combines Aliens and Pokemon is the coolest fucking thing ever.
    Chumhandle: ungodlyAlchemist

Vriska's bitchy. I'm not.

But we're both big into TTRPGs! I've been d4'd before...
    Your chumhandle is astralArchivist, and with your elegant quill, you ⌠___|ike to write neat|y, as though you were your own stenographer.

Page 1 of 55 12341151 ... LastLast