MSPA Forums
Page 1 of 82 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: General Feedback

General Feedback

Got something to say about the new forum?

This is the place to do it.

Keep it civil and constructive and you might even see your changes get implemented.
    Last edited by ashdenej; 09-30-2012 at 02:29 PM.

pretty bitchin' dudes

I like it! Looks very polished, smooth, and cool. This quick reply box is the bee's knees.

Only thing that seems to stick out is the profile boxes on the left are fairly wide, almost too wide. But I'm sure that's no biggie and is like that to accommodate larger avatars.

Either way you guys did a great job with the new layout! Thanks for all the cool stuff you've done for the forums.

What's a God to a Non-Believer Moderator Solaris's Avatar
    Pronouns
    they/them/theirs
    Thank you for everything you have done these last few days modmins.
    You could have just done an announcement, or something just as boring, but you didn't.
    You went all out, FORUM ADVENTURE!
    And I have to thank you for it.
    So, please continue being Crazy Awesome.
    ~Love(for real) Solaris

hooowheee! it certainly took you guys quite alot of effort, but it looks fantastic! just one question: what took you so long?

Mustmayostardayonnaise deathregis's Avatar
    Um, did all the cool smileys just die?

Otherwise, pretty sweet though.

Pronouns
    he/him/his
    So much crashing, that's all that needs to be said on the matter.

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 6291456) (tried to allocate 311296 bytes) in /home/admin/domains/mspaforums.com/public_html/includes/class_core.php(4044) : eval()'d code on line 414

i keep getting this error a lot

refreshing usually solves the problem very quickly, and that makes me think that this is just a result of some very relieved mspa fans doing what they do best

meaning a lot of homestuck fans and gleefully mobbing every good thing like a swarm of rainbow colored locusts

Pronouns
    he/him/his
    Why is Friendship not Paramount anymore?! This is quite disconcerting.

I'm getting that error a lot too, though I often have to refresh like ten times to load a page. :c

As far as non-bug related feedback goes, would it be possible to get non-generic icons for the sides of forums and stuff like that? It'd look a lot cooler if we had the MSPA face or something like that instead of all these boring envelopes and speech bubbles, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorccc0 View Post
    Why is Friendship not Paramount anymore?! This is quite disconcerting.
    Friendship is a casualty of progress

Just checking to see what this does and where it goes on my post.

Cool, this is looking nice. Managed to get this page up before the fatal errors cropped up and my security tokens became invalid, but I know you guys'll be getting that patched up.

Also looking forward to the smilies being restored. How easy is it going to be to add new ones in this format?
    I preferred the smaller, more brightly coloured thread status buttons (I guess the letter icon will show when there's new unread posts, but I'm not sure yet. Forums crashed before I could see.)

Private message topic names are impossible to see, unless you mouse over 'em. A quick explanation as to what's happened to the PMs I put in a seperate folder (seeing as it's giving me eyestrain to find it if it's been tossed into Inbox) would be great.

I'm cool I guess with the sub-sub-sub-forums being extracted, but in that case the name of Meta/Misc needs changing. Something like "Planning, behind-the-scenes stuff, and anything which relates to adventures but isn't." Or something.

Other features I'll pursue and try offer my five cents on (if you want 'em) as I'm able to explore the forum and get used to it.

Also: Signatures. I guess you guys couldn't port 'em over, but there's some stuff in there I miss. What's gonna be the deal with those? Also spoiler tags, youtube, and links within the forum. Thanks for looking over this.

It looks so shiny and new, it's gonna take a while to get used to it.

EDIT: It's also pretty cool to have the main MSPA art-related threads merged with the art forum. It's not gonna be deserted there anymore! yay!
    Last edited by Ed; 07-22-2010 at 12:58 PM. Reason: wow we have reasons to edit things now?

KICKIN' RAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! piester's Avatar
    These new forums are cool, and I like how people can have titles for their accounts now

Minor tiny issue that isn't really a bug and isn't theme related, so I'll put it here: the [english][/english] and [snowman][/snowman] tags done and gone

THIS IS ALL FIX-IT'S FAULT Fix It Jones's Avatar
    Just 3 things
    1) This is pretty freaking sweet. Great job and thank you
    2) Did we lose all our smiles? I figure this will just take a little time but I miss
    3) It's rather...gray, or grey if you prefer.

no animated jpegs what is this

it denies it

In other not silly news, lookin pretty amazing here.

Like the forums. More a suggestion with the art forum. Now that the MSPA fan-fiction, MSPA fan-art, and MSPA romantic fan-art threads are in the art forum, I'd just like to file a petition to have the MSPA fan-fiction and MSPA romantic fan-art threads stickied along with the MSPA fan-art thread (which already is).

I miss the old one.

Thumbs up

I like the darker theme, but there are a few issues:
    1. The lack of buttons on the "Post Reply" page
    2. The lack of smilies (testing: )
    3. I seem to be unable to search for older posts
    4. All of my bookmarks are gone
    Might take a bit to get used to, but I like the new forums.
    EDIT: In the other forum there was an issue where if I posted when there were unread posts in the topic, they would all be marked as read; seems that isn't the case here.
    Last edited by julianjames7; 07-22-2010 at 01:20 PM. Reason: oh hey look a "reason" thingy

What do I type here I'm confus Dave Rapp's Avatar
    All previous URLs linking to threads on the board are now broken. So that's probably a few thousand links out there on the web that are dead. Is there no way to change this?

Also, fix the favicon.

Party Captain AdminGorg Drillgorg's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his
    My issue is that there is no link at the bottom of the page to go back to the forum the thread is in. Like I have to scoll all the way up to the top to get to Forum Questions and Answers right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drillgorg View Post
    My issue is that there is no link at the bottom of the page to go back to the forum the thread is in. Like I have to scoll all the way up to the top to get to Forum Questions and Answers right now.
    Temporary fix, there's a link to "top" at the bottom of the page I guess. Or just hit your Home key.

I like the idea of "jailing." Is there any way this could appear for those have been jailed:

(not a serious suggestion but it was still fun to draw)
    Last edited by Wheeeeeeatthins; 07-22-2010 at 01:33 PM.

My thoughts, so that you may swiftly ignore them:

-If there's an equivalent to the old [background] tag, it's doing a great job of hiding. (I see "highlight" there, but I've found no obvious way to change the color it highlights with, which kinda defeats the whole point.)
    -The transfer itself was pretty messy, spoiler tags and various formatting from old threads has been murdered. Just TRY going back and reading the Mutewood now.
    -The smooth buttons and fancy gradients everywhere have pretty much the exact opposite of stylistic compatibility with Andrew's policy of 'antialiasing is for squares' on the main site, and in the adventure. (Though you've already stated that my opinion regarding the theme is meaningless, I still feel I should say it)
    -The new rules are a fair bit longer than rules pages ought to be. You could almost certainly fit everything you wanted to say into one or two paragraphs.
    -Just a little thing, but the subtle change of blue to indicate 'new posts' is kinda hard to notice, especially compared to the old bright orange.

I'm sure there're plenty of amazing internal advantages to the new boards, but please try and keep in mind what this looks like to the average user.

Page 1 of 82 12341151 ... LastLast