MSPA Forums

Thread: The Pseudoan Empire: an exercise in constructed worlds and stepping on toes

Resident Half-Alien Isoraķatheð's Avatar

Post The Pseudoan Empire: an exercise in constructed worlds and stepping on toes

Unified Creation Number 1.99.*

As I have so much done it's clogging up the doodle thread, I guess it's time that all my stuff over to its specific thread.

So. What about this "Pseudoan" thing anyway?

----

Out-universe:
    The Pseudoan Empire is something that I have imagined about two years ago, when I was just starting secondary school. At the time the avid reader that is me reads a lot of things, both online and offline. Seeing Zompist with the stuff that he made and then reading a ton of stories, I thought big. Naturally, too big.

It was soon after that I realized what kind of mess I'm getting into, both in the creation of the universe and how many toes I step onto (both metaphorically and literally -- I don't watch my step often!) But more to the point. I was going to create something, while completely original, is the biggest toe-stepper of them all: a world where its contents is everyone else's.

----

In-universe:

...and that's the context. I'll get my works on here soon.

Re: The Pseudoan Empire: an exercise in constructed worlds and stepping on toes

Click for full-size:

The Calendian Metro Network (CMN) is quite simply the metro network of Calendia. Calendia, as it is, is the capital of the Psuedoan Empire and has been since the beginning of the empire itself.

A metro network needs to be instated because some films require it. Plus, they want everything, and this is just too much to pass up.

Some old stuff: and old map of the Four Planets. This is 2008 work. Sheesh.

(At the time, Circular was not thought of yet, thus the last one is Isoaxion, which is now relegated under Pseudo. Also, pardon the Papyrus.

Pardon the shortness of posts. My sister hogs the computer so much.

The Vohalyan Rail system. An independent company rules the intercity rails here. Vohalyo is the country that Calendia resides in.

Work in progress, showing major stations only.

We interrupt the metro with a font!

Egašübri is the font that I use (rather inconsistently) when I do pixels.

Technically an Oldbie Mr. Eldritch's Avatar
    In the sunken city of R'lyeh, awaiting such time as the stars are ready and I shall awaken.

...Why does the central city of a billion-year-plus old, multiverse-spanning civilization utilizing alternate dimensions as knapsacks and with physically impossible technology based on physics-defying materials and technologies filched from other universes and technology advanced enough to reverse the decay of the universe have a metro?

Tell me it's at least a magnetically levitated wormhole metro powered by antimatter or something.

Let's just say an equally magical combination of kleptomania, cultural and biological need as well as the fact that it just has everything. You might even see a horse-drawn carriage here and there if you look carefully enough.

An absolute agglutination of everything means that it must have everything to cater to all forms of life in all states of technology.

And yes. Those are called the Level-3 Trains and they only stop at interchange stations.