MSPA Forums

Thread: Homestuck Troll Translator

Homestuck Troll Translator

I worked on one, and here it is.
    Basically, choose what troll you want from the current list, type in what you want changed, and BAM! It gets turned into how they talk.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ty44offypv6v0fn

Let me know of any bugs, and I will let you all know when I update it to work with other trolls.
    Oh yes, and once you get something translated, it copies to your clipboard.

Pronouns
    they/them/theirs

Re: Homestuck Troll Translator

I think this is the fourth one of these so far. Quite the most interesting UI I've seen out of all of them though.

Speaking of which, I wonder if anyone's ever done a SBaHJ translator?

Since when Terezi, Sollux, Eridan and Aradia forgot that they don't use both capital and lowercase letters?
    Sburb Fanventure Do's and Don'ts: a must-read for anyone intending to start a Sburb fanventure or having started one but not having made it past 10 pages

Quote Originally Posted by Miff View Post
    I think this is the fourth one of these so far. Quite the most interesting UI I've seen out of all of them though.

Speaking of which, I wonder if anyone's ever done a SBaHJ translator?
    Isn't the point of SBaHJ that the ways in which it's wrong is never the same? Maybe if it randomizes every conceivable mistake in English so that one happens every few words.

I can easily make a SBAHJ translator. I can make it pick two random letters and switch them or something. randomly delete or add a letter.
    I may get on that at some point.

Also I completely stopped working on the translator.

Thief of Form cannabalisticJusticar's Avatar

Is there a custom quirk program? If not on this, anywhere else?
    Skeet!

I hate to necro post, but is there a reverse translator out there in some form? All I've seen are "human text-->troll text" translators, but never the reverse. I would like the latter to exist, since I find it hard to read much of troll dialogue due to me being a Grammar Nazi of sorts. Does anyone know if a "troll text-->human text" translator exists, or, better yet, an addon for Google Chrome that does so automatically when browsing the main site?

Quote Originally Posted by oed706 View Post
    I hate to necro post, but is there a reverse translator out there in some form? All I've seen are "human text-->troll text" translators, but never the reverse. I would like the latter to exist, since I find it hard to read much of troll dialogue due to me being a Grammar Nazi of sorts. Does anyone know if a "troll text-->human text" translator exists, or, better yet, an addon for Google Chrome that does so automatically when browsing the main site?
    I did one but it hasn't been updated for the pre-scratch trolls, it fails at grammar due to not using a contextual thing to determine how to fix it, and it's console based. You also need an interpreter for the code.

I must say, that is a damn shame. I guess someone could possibly manually translate it, but that is highly unlikely. As for the grammar issue, could you elaborate? And what do you mean, console based? Your avatar indicates that you are a coder/programmer, something I don't fall under.

Quote Originally Posted by oed706 View Post
    I must say, that is a damn shame. I guess someone could possibly manually translate it, but that is highly unlikely. As for the grammar issue, could you elaborate? And what do you mean, console based? Your avatar indicates that you are a coder/programmer, something I don't fall under.
    Console based:
    It looks like this piece of bullcrap:

Grammar:
    With people like Karkat or Terezi I just lowercased everything, because I'd have to do some shenanigans to check whether a letter should be capitalized or not. (With good Regex skills this would be easier, but at the time I made it I had little regex skills.) Also puns still exist in the translation, because everyone loves a good cat pun. Or not. Vriska's 8s are terrible; can't tell if they should be b or an eight sound spelling.

Too bad I accidentally the file. Whoops.

I didn't think you were talking about firing up a PS3 or something to translate it. As for regarding newer characters, I haven't gotten that far into the series yet as to where it explains them, but for the trolls, it shows a line of text said by them in the series. For Mituna Captor:
    K17H5 MY CH4GR1N 7UNK3L Y0U 5N4NK 4ZZ CHUM8UCK357
    You can lowercase everything, and make translate the leetspeak:
    kiths my chagin tunkel you snank azz chumbuckest
    This still looks hard to read, so you can translate the lisp as well. Here are the changed words:
    kiths=kiss
    azz=ass
    chumbuckest=chumbucket
    Tunkel=?
    Snank=?
    So you can set up a set of rules for newer characters, and to prevent misspellings you can associate certain pronunciations with the pesterlog handle acronyms. This is just me speculating stuff you already though of, however.

Tunkel = Tunnel

Snank = Skank or Stank.

"Kiss my chagrin tunnel you stank-ass chumbucket"

Darn. I came in here expecting a translation for that strange Troll language found throughout the comic.

Pronouns
    they/them/theirs

Quote Originally Posted by Eion Kilant 739 View Post
    Darn. I came in here expecting a translation for that strange Troll language found throughout the comic.
    You mean this?