MSPA Forums
Page 9 of 99 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959 ... LastLast

Thread: Romantic Speculation Thread (Holiday Ship-To-Ship Combat)

Re: Non-Shipping Romantic Speculation (I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid you can't hit that)

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Zeal View Post
    ...in Karkat. BLUH. THIS IS STUPID. She doesn't like Karkat. Karkat has all of her dislike. All of it.
    Actually, in that conversation with Tavros, Tavros says that Future Jade thinks Karkat is a pretty nice guy.

Re: Non-Shipping Romantic Speculation (I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid you can't hit that)

These items of evidence are important. See if you can find a bunch of them so I can compile evidence for Jade later tonight, easier.
    Tumblr - Romspec Archives - SC2 Homestuck AoS / Subforum - Mini-Grand 5101 / 5107 - Grand S!1

Your chumhandle is bladekindEyewear and you use way, way, way too much formatting.
    (avatar upgraded by ashdenej)
    My lawyer advised me against mindless killing today. - Dr. McNinja

This may be a little late (yes this is about John and Vriska) but I would of posted this on Saturday but my Internet bugged up. I was thinking of moiraillegiances and after a quick look up, an idea sprung at my head.

(Quote from http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004301)

Trolls are a very angry and violent race. Some are more hot-tempered and dangerous than others, to the extent that if left to their own devices, they would present a serious threat to society, or even to themselves. Such trolls will have an instinctive pale attraction to a more even-tempered troll, who may become their MOIRAIL. The moirail is obliged to pacify the other, to function as the better half. The two partners in a strong pale relationship will serve to balance and complement each other's emotional profiles, and thus allow their other relationships to be more successful.

It's often ambiguous especially among young trolls whether a bond formed between an acquaintance is true moirallegence, or the usual variety of platonic involvement. Furthermore, romantic intentions of a more flushed nature can often be mistaken for paler leanings, much to the frustration of the suitor.

So, what it's trying to say is that more violent trolls may choose more level-headed people in possible matespiritships. I was thinking of the possible situation between John and Vriska, and how everyone says that Vriska is a very angry troll. We can all tell that, with many other people saying that too. So Vriska may be choosing John because he is a lot calmer than her.

So what I'm trying to say is that there might be the possibility of the moirallegence occuring between John and Vriska.
    Your chumHandle is unattentiveVegetable and you sometimes space............................out during conversations..

Quote Originally Posted by Lankie View Post
    ???: "I hate you so much that the only suitable punishment I could think for you is locking you up in a M.C Escher painting made of chainsaws and fire."

On Jade liking Dave; if one was to take an earlier comment by Andrew that Tavros crashing his rocket-chair into Vriska's hive as being a call-back which enumerated the literary meaning of the same even of John crashing into Rose's house; I think by the same token one could argue lifting out one's toilet as potentially indicating romantic interest. Kanaya did it to Vriska; Terezi did it to Karkat ; Aradia did it to Equius ; Rose did it to John; AND Jade did it to Dave.

Conducting the Heaven's Light 8oy Skylark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Lotus View Post
    On Jade liking Dave; if one was to take an earlier comment by Andrew that Tavros crashing his rocket-chair into Vriska's hive as being a call-back which enumerated the literary meaning of the same even of John crashing into Rose's house; I think by the same token one could argue lifting out one's toilet as potentially indicating romantic interest. Kanaya did it to Vriska; Terezi did it to Karkat ; Aradia did it to Equius ; Rose did it to John; AND Jade did it to Dave.
    Only person who can do that to someone else is their server.

It's server-client pairs; now, yes, we know that some people chose their client (Kanaya), but that can't be in and of itself be considered evidence.

Dave/Rose is pretty much an impossibility, considering he basically gave a giant FUCK NO in the Fruity Rumpus Asshole Factory. John/Jade is similarly unlikely, though John didn't explicitly say it. Rose is also aware that she is related to Dave, though Jade might not be, but then again, the clouds likely told her.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethegepgun View Post
    Dave/Rose is pretty much an impossibility, considering he basically gave a giant FUCK NO in the Fruity Rumpus Asshole Factory. John/Jade is similarly unlikely, though John didn't explicitly say it. Rose is also aware that she is related to Dave, though Jade might not be, but then again, the clouds likely told her.
    John's more likely to avoid incest because he had an active hand in the kid's creation. Meaning not only does he know it's incest, he's witnessed the proof of it in all its slimy passion. Noticed in the Fruity Rumpus Asshole Factory he's the one that points it out. Dave doesn't want the conversation to happen, John's the one that makes sure it's an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 8oy Skylark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethegepgun View Post
    John's more likely to avoid incest because he had an active hand in the kid's creation. Meaning not only does he know it's incest, he's witnessed the proof of it in all its slimy passion. Noticed in the Fruity Rumpus Asshole Factory he's the one that points it out. Dave doesn't want the conversation to happen, John's the one that makes sure it's an issue.
    Was Dave even aware that they were related at that point in time? John hasn't contacted Current Dave since before the Ectobiology Lab, so either he didn't know, or he was told by Rose, Davesprite, his 3dayextraSelf in person, or Terezi, in a conversation we haven't seen.

I wonder which of the 4 of them will explain to Karkat that incest is a problem in the first place? John is the likely one since he's the one Karkat talks to, Dave would probably try to avoid the topic, Rose... not sure there, and Jade is a crapshoot between either being too naive about it or would've given him an explanation of the genetic reason WHY because she's a genius. Or his knowledge of it might have been spawned out of the void due to a stable time loop involving him reading the memo before he wrote it, then seeing himself mention incest, then saying it. Just like how Karkat's knowledge of Equius' profuse perspiration was spawned in an abomination of causation where Equius telling him was caused by Karkat mentioning it because he had already seen Equius say it.

The new flash has a ton of new info. Get to work peoples!!!!!!!!

(Ten boonbucks says BYB's going to have his face in his keyboard for a little bit trying to analyze all this new info)

Well Aradia analyzation, short though it would have been, is obsolete now that she's exploded.

So much for "Terezi's being facetious" option that I pitched. At the very least she holds Dave in high regard and at most she's majorly flushed for him.

Vriska gives John money, but their relationship can't be examined. Beyond the fact that she has so much Cage paraphenilia now it's not even funny.

Kanaya seems to be rather flushed for Rose, considering the way that she talks about her, but this is earlier so she might have evened out since then.

Nepeta is playing with Jade!!! But Jade thinks she's just making fun of her... so... possible relationship? We'll find out.

Other than that I think the kids aren't touched on too much.
    The TROLLS on another hand...

I don't know if this has anything to do with romantic speculation but what was it about Equius getting off on Karkat ordering him around? I know he gets off on being whipped into contrition, but... Karkat's mutant blood makes him the lowest on the hemospectrum there, and Equius really is treating Karkat like he's without question the leader.

Terezi's falling out with Karkat could possibly be about his inability to see the things she thinks of as special particularly unique. When he wasn't upset by not being able to do things on Prospit, she was particularly put off with it. But it seems like they're both still interested, from their dialogue.

Eridan's trying to maintain a kismesissitude or at least trying to find an auspice with Sollux, but it seems like Sollux's lost interest in the whole thing. Eridan's also really hating himself still.

Vriska has a lot of Tavros' stuff in her hoard... including his legs. So that's a bit awkward. I don't want to analyze this fact.

UNREAL AIR UNREAL AIR BV tawawawa's Avatar

Oh man, the shipping's going out of control with the new flash update!

... Ahem, I mean- the evidence and facts that have shown up to non-ship all the pairings that could be possible in a non-ship manner.
    Art Gallery | Tumblr | Twitter | Crocodile Twitter | Livestream: OFFLINE | Formspring | Pesterchum: crocodilianBovine

Well, I compiled a lot of the information, including most relevant non-shipping shipping information in the IDE/Theory thread

Blarg! The new flash killed my theory so hard. Although it does have two chest next to each other with a tea pot and Faygo. How much meaning is that? All the meaning.....but actually it's probably less than none of the meaning. Such a good theory down the toilet.

Though incomplete, this is nonetheless a staggeringly detailed and complex analysis you have here. This is the flagship, the greatest ever to come out of the shipyard. Perhaps even the mothership.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorAwesome View Post
    Though incomplete, this is nonetheless a staggeringly detailed and complex analysis you have here. This is the flagship, the greatest ever to come out of the shipyard. Perhaps even the mothership.
    I'd vote that this is the still-in-construction mothership.
    Because it's trying to figure out all the ships. All of them.

You forgot one, Eridan says that the Seer "witch" (seems to be Rose) blew up his computer, and Vriska suggests he may be in blackrom

EDIT: Ah, gimmethegepgun mentioned it in the IDE thread... my bad
    :::: Gerid: Fondly regard Homestuck :::: My DeviantArt page ::::

I'm predicting Kanaya and Rose as the ones to make out once the kids and trolls meet (if anyone), much to Karkat's dismay. This is mostly due to the fact that of the trolls and kids, they were the ones to engage in friendly conversation the longest. It has been strongly hinted that Kanaya has feelings for Rose, and Rose seems to somewhat admire the attention and shared level of intellect.

Also, out of all the trolls, Kanaya is among the more romantically sentimental, not to mention that finding a new relationship would have the added bonus for Kanaya of showing Vriska what she missed out on as a sort of revenge for the Tavros incident. (If Vriska would actually care is up to question.)

I can't say I care much for or against this outcome, but it is my prediction based on the stated evidence, and I'm sure there's just as much evidence against it as there is for it.

Vriska is still blissfully ignorant of Kanaya's feelings for her in the most recent update. I don't think Kanaya really wants to tell her what with all the awkwardness that would ensue.

With the most recent update Dave/Terezi seems like the most obvious choice. Terezi's matesprit feelings are essentially canon now. It would take an extremely detailed analysis to even try to break this. Though the problem of Dave's reciprocation is still an issue, assuming that all the Future selves are themselves at the same time we can assume that the kids have already entered the medium (we can know this by Eridan saying Rose broke his computer, unless she somehow did it without ever entering the Rift) and any break that would have occurred would have occurred and, if Terezi's drawings are any indication (protip: they are) would have been settled with a favorable outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSenshi View Post
    I'm predicting Kanaya and Rose as the ones to make out once the kids and trolls meet (if anyone), much to Karkat's dismay.
    Why was Rose not involved in Karkat's memo then?

Esabelle is awesome c: Metaflare's Avatar

I'm predicting Kanaya and Rose as the ones to make out once the kids and trolls meet (if anyone), much to Karkat's dismay.
    Because Kanaya and Rose are just that awesomely subtle
    http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9202/littlebanner.png
    TROLLS IN SPOILER|TUMBLR HERE|IN WHICH ME AND MY FRIENDS PLAY GAMES

What's a God to a Non-Believer Moderator Solaris's Avatar
    Pronouns
    they/them/theirs

Because it was more about getting Dave off Terezi than stopping TrollXHuman in general.
    If John hated Karkat, he'd be on that in seconds.
    Last edited by Solaris; 10-26-2010 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Forgot to Format

So you're ruling out the memo being Karkat's response to human smoochings that he has witnessed? Because if he witnessed Rose, he would probably would have invited her as well. I thought it likely that Dave and John were brought into the conversation because it was one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmsAreLoud View Post
    Vriska is still blissfully ignorant of Kanaya's feelings for her in the most recent update. I don't think Kanaya really wants to tell her what with all the awkwardness that would ensue.

With the most recent update Dave/Terezi seems like the most obvious choice. Terezi's matesprit feelings are essentially canon now. It would take an extremely detailed analysis to even try to break this. Though the problem of Dave's reciprocation is still an issue, assuming that all the Future selves are themselves at the same time we can assume that the kids have already entered the medium (we can know this by Eridan saying Rose broke his computer, unless she somehow did it without ever entering the Rift) and any break that would have occurred would have occurred and, if Terezi's drawings are any indication (protip: they are) would have been settled with a favorable outcome.
    Rose could've blown up the computer with magic from the other universe (since magic has no limiters stated), the way that Bec breaks PM's Terminal. Or whatever caused her viewport to go black might have had to do with the Horrorterrors, which are present in both universes, and that event could have blown up both Eridan's computer and Aradiabot.

OK I had to work later than I expected, just got home, and need to sleep soon. So, if you guys don't mind, I'm going to hold off on writing Jade so I can through this goddamn update game.
    Tumblr - Romspec Archives - SC2 Homestuck AoS / Subforum - Mini-Grand 5101 / 5107 - Grand S!1

Your chumhandle is bladekindEyewear and you use way, way, way too much formatting.
    (avatar upgraded by ashdenej)
    My lawyer advised me against mindless killing today. - Dr. McNinja

Quote Originally Posted by BlastYoBoots View Post
    OK I had to work later than I expected, just got home, and need to sleep soon. So, if you guys don't mind, I'm going to hold off on writing Jade so I can through this goddamn update game.
    As I stated previously, I compiled most of the relevant information over in IDE/Theory. Aside from that, after the game it might be more relevant to do Kanaya or Terezi.

Page 9 of 99 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959 ... LastLast