MSPA Forums
Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021222969 ... LastLast

Thread: MSPA Fanfiction III

Watches you and hungers Wigmund's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Re: MSPA Fanfiction III

So yeah, First Snow was supposed to be a one-off fic. But I realized I wanted to do more with alive!Aradia.

That was pathetic wasn't it?

Esabelle is awesome c: Metaflare's Avatar

Wig, please write more alive-aradia.
    http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9202/littlebanner.png
    TROLLS IN SPOILER|TUMBLR HERE|IN WHICH ME AND MY FRIENDS PLAY GAMES

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Wigmund View Post
    So yeah, First Snow was supposed to be a one-off fic. But I realized I wanted to do more with alive!Aradia.

That was pathetic wasn't it?
    Thesaurus.com lists "touching" as a synonym of pathetic so I'll assume you meant that. By that definition, sure! It was pathetic as hell.

It really makes me realize how unfortunate it is that we saw so little of alive!Aradia in canon.

Kass: Other people have said this already, but yes, Rose being awkward about speaking out loud makes so much sense, and also makes me relate to her even more than I already did. Also the silent freak-out about aliens, because it is "first contact," and out of all of the kids she's definitely the most likely one for that to mean something too. (And poor Kanaya is adorable as always.)

cT: That was hilarious. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Kassiopeia View Post
    In the mean time here is a thing that I wrote. It was, I confess, done to procrastinate translating Plato, so its quality may be debatable. Also: I've never written fanfiction before. WHAT HAS THIS COMIC DONE TO ME. In any case: it's Rose's perspective on meeting the trolls IRL for the first time.

Contact
    Solid! Also I can relate on the spontaneous Homestuck-induced fanfic writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wigmund View Post
    I can't blame him. I'd want to see this. And I always love seeing alive!Aradia.

Quote Originally Posted by geeP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassiopeia View Post
    In the mean time here is a thing that I wrote. It was, I confess, done to procrastinate translating Plato, so its quality may be debatable. Also: I've never written fanfiction before. WHAT HAS THIS COMIC DONE TO ME. In any case: it's Rose's perspective on meeting the trolls IRL for the first time.

Contact
    Solid! Also I can relate on the spontaneous Homestuck-induced fanfic writing.
    It is in the middle of some sort of outbreak and I would not for one minute discourage it.
    My Fanfiction:
    A Hand in Holding Hands, Аn Аshen Fanfic - Completed, several chapters of content and the rest of commentary.

You guys, you guuuuuys. You are all unbearably sweet. (Rose is drawn mostly from my own experience of having a far larger written than spoken vocabulary when I was littler - so it's nice to see that struck a chord.)
    (also I am even now working on another thing, oh god. It is going to be longer and nastier. We shall see whether it makes it up here.)

Kassie, everything you create is pure splendor. Each and every thing. I too, know of having a wider written vocabulary - I still pronounce unison as unision, from when I thought that I was there.

Oh man, I'm the same way. It used to be a running joke in my family that I had trouble pronouncing (or pro-nunc-ing) words right because I only ever read them. But I knew what they meant!

I'm going to leave off on Backfire for a while. That incident left kind of a bad taste in my mouth. Sorry.

I'm still having trouple pronouncing words i've only ever read.

"Hey Zach, how do you say this word?" *writes out psuedo*
    "puh-sway-doh"
    "WRONG."

This was four months ago.

Hahaha. I still have SOME trouble, but my family will correct me kindly and I try to remember.

...oh god.

Now I'm paranoid.

What if there's words that I use and I'm saying them wrong but they're so uncommon that people don't know to correct me? THIS GREATLY DISTRESSES ME.

Woah woah Meta. We are both Zacks. This is distressing, as I assumed you to be female.

I used to think "hitherto" was pronounced "hith-ER-toe". Also, when I read the Worst Witch series, aged six, I thought the main characters were called Ennid, Eethel and, uh, Mewed (Enid, Ethel and Maud). My family still think this is so hilarious they still remember it 13 years later...

Quote Originally Posted by KilroyWasHere View Post
    Woah woah Meta. We are both Zacks. This is distressing, as I assumed you to be female.
    Internet identities: more confusing than homestuck.

I used to think detritus was spelled detrius and pronounced as such. That's right, for years, I consistantly skipped a letter. I read so fast, see. 400 pages in maybe 2 and a half hours if it's a good book. And that's my natural rate. I don't know how to slow it down, even though sometimes I want to so I can burn more time, but then I get drawn into the plot and wanna see what happens next so I go fast again, and finish too early.

Meta, up until a couple years ago I pronounced "psuedo" as sweh-doh. I think the only reason I knew better than to try to pronounce the p was my familiarity with words with the "psych" root.

Also it occurs to me that while Rose may very well have read the word "rendezvous" many times and only ever heard it once or twice, for John with all his action movies it would be the exact opposite. She's in for a lot of teasing if he figures out what she's trying to say before she figures out how to say it.

It's all the fault of that damn 'z'. I'm sure she could figure out the frenchish 'vous' without it. =P

Anyway, that part of the fic TOTALLY resonated with me.

Bwaaah, more alive!Aradia. Clearly this is too adorable. It is also related to what I have a snippet of which I'm going to rewrite because blurg OOC? It's not even colourtagged.

derp sucky

D'awww, so many great fics recently! Am LOVING all the alive!Aradia!

On the subject of mispronunciations, I have plenty, but I will always remember how long it took me to stop saying "metabolism". For some reason I was saying "meta-blasm". I... don't really even know. Also, minutiae as "minu-tay". Luckily, no one had any idea what word I was trying to pronounce when I did that one. This is why I have Dictionary.com in my Firefox search bar: audio pronunciation button.

@Summergale: An alive Aradia ORIGIN STORY! I really wish I had some sort of famous comic book cover to pastiche here in this comment but I really wouldn't even know where to begin. Just keep writing it!
    My Fanfiction:
    A Hand in Holding Hands, Аn Аshen Fanfic - Completed, several chapters of content and the rest of commentary.

Thief of Lost Updates Douhneill's Avatar
    Wasting time 'till the inevitable happens

Quote Originally Posted by Katrika View Post
    It's all the fault of that damn 'z'. I'm sure she could figure out the frenchish 'vous' without it. =P

Anyway, that part of the fic TOTALLY resonated with me.
    Aha! my French upbringing wins again!

Although I totally understand what you guys are saying.
    If you feel that there's no way things could get any worse, that means things will only get better!
    ...That, or you're possibly being fed on by a dementor. Eat some chocolate, stat.

Alive!Aradia is the new Dead!Aradia.
    Conquest: Future-fic. Four sweeps after Sgurb, the trolls have been recruited into various facets of the Alternian imperial army. Assassination attempts, black romance, and political unheavals. Captain Vantas's day just keeps getting worse. (In Progress.)

[formSpring] [deviantARTs] [uncannyArtisan]

All this talk of pronouncing things and alive!Aradia, you do know that you're forgetting something important, right guys? Guys?

Sigh... What Day Is It?

Part 2
    Last edited by raequiem; 12-03-2010 at 09:43 PM. Reason: adurrdurr
    I'm the same person here as I am on AO3 and Deviantart, and pretty much everywhere else. Check out my fics and arts and stuff!

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by raequiem View Post
    He felt like exploding. "What do you mean, 'n0'?! We're the 'of Time's! We're supposed to look out for each other!"
    I love how Dave and Aradia always seem to have a teamwork thing going on in fanfics (the 'of time's) but Dave and Karkat (the knights) are always at each others' throats.

But yeah please continue! I'm pretty sure I know what the whispering is about but I want to see what exactly they've got planned for it.