MSPA Forums
Page 72 of 100 FirstFirst ... 22626970717273747582 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2482

Thread: MSPA Fanfiction III

Re: MSPA Fanfiction III

HOLY WALL OF TEXT GET

Okay, so here's the deal. This installment takes off after the last bathroom-fic, during the party that Bro was prepping for.

I'm... a little wary about this one. It's long, and while I was aiming toward exploring what life might be like for a pair of brothers in the city with their kind of lifestyle, and everything that may imply, I have a bad feeling it might be overdone in this.

So if you're "meh" about this, it's cool. Just please let me know, so I know what I can avoid next time around.

Last edited by Sionnan; 12-18-2010 at 09:29 AM.
    Strider brothers fics (many thanks go to egregiousBass for compiling them):

Sionnan @ AoOO | Years in the Past (but not many)- A Homestuck RP

This is not for you. lucidSeraph's Avatar

Well... good. Because I then immediately vomited up a prose-poem because JOHN IS IN MY BRAINS and WON'T LET GO

I wrote this in ten minutes I don't even

and it's all because I have this song on loop which is now the song for this update :|

Sionnan.

SIONNAN.

Marry me.

(Or just keep writing Striders forever, whichever floats your boat.)

Lucid your thing is also cool and shiny and I love it and you as well. I love everyone.

I WANT TO MARRY THIS THREAD.

I'm the same person here as I am on AO3 and Deviantart, and pretty much everywhere else. Check out my fics and arts and stuff!

Land of this shit and also all that other shit as well

honestly sionnan
    ....i live for this shit

amazing

Ninja'd by ninja bros being fucking awesome and sweet and derpy and Sinnonan you write the Striders of my heart.

QuetzaDrake ♥ Bec Noir QuetzaDrake's Avatar
    The Magical Land of Furry Webcomic Artists

@Sionnan Doing Sburb at all was just a masterplan orchestrated by Dave at getting ultimate vengeance upon Mike.

And he certainly got it.

But seriously, awesome work. I never really thought about any of the HS characters interacting with non HS characters in the past (for some reason I always pictured the Striders as being rather hermit-like), it sheds a lot of light on relationships and personality and stuff.

@LS Ah, a little surprising to see you write about how John should forgive Vriska "twice or a thousand times" considering your feelings on her. :P But no, I liked it, nice use of 'breathe' as the magic word.

Also, yes, that song fits way too well to the flash, it's ridiculous.
    Your chumhandle is quizzicalDraconian. You don't like to talk much because you're often busy, or maybe that's just how you troll people. Also you are sorta kinda indecisive about some stuff sometimes and use way too many weird emoticons. :B :V :'
    Check out my Forum Adventure Jumpcat!
    Link to webcomic and unnatural Bec Noir love under spoilers:

Quote Originally Posted by QuetzaDrake View Post
    @LS Ah, a little surprising to see you write about how John should forgive Vriska "twice or a thousand times" considering your feelings on her. :P But no, I liked it, nice use of 'breathe' as the magic word.

Also, yes, that song fits way too well to the flash, it's ridiculous.
    Just because I personally cannot and will not forgive her doesn't mean I don't think that (from a narrative standpoint) John shouldn't or isn't capable of it. John is Teh Hero, it is his job to do that sort of thing.

Me, I am grumpy, jaded, and at best anti-heroic. I don't get shit like quest beds. I get a skull t-shirt some guns and a bad attitude.

Hello again fanfiction thread.
    It seems I have never quite been able to feel my fanfics were as good as the rest of yours, honestly, I really feel so humbled among you guys.

That being said, I proudly humbly present

1-up, down-1 the horrorterrors emissary arises

Author's notes

Horrorterror translations
    Last edited by DJ-P0N3; 12-27-2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Horrorterror text bolded.

The Random Number God Dermonster's Avatar

That strider fic.

Is the best strider fic.

This thread. <3

Also seriously why do I get radio silence whenever I post Creepy!felt? First it was snowman and now people ignore sawbuck.
    Ask me a question Here!
    My FanFics:

Quote Originally Posted by Dermonster View Post

Also seriously why do I get radio silence whenever I post Creepy!felt? First it was snowman and now people ignore sawbuck.
    Dude, it happens.

I know but it just makes me feel like people just don't care, and I'm just really paranoid about these things.

[/rant]

Oh hey look I'm being conceited again. Why does this keep happening. Text is not good for intricacies of language.
    Ask me a question Here!
    My FanFics:

Jumping on freeverse Johnfic. Even though I should be working on the Dave/Terezi AU I've been writing for the past three days inbetween shitting bricks at updates.

ANYWAY.

Derm: I liked Sawbuck. You just happened to post at a point where the Hivemind was feeling ADD and for some reason didn't notice your fic.
    Last edited by raequiem; 12-17-2010 at 11:41 PM. Reason: tagfix
    I'm the same person here as I am on AO3 and Deviantart, and pretty much everywhere else. Check out my fics and arts and stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Dermonster View Post
    I know but it just makes me feel like people just don't care, and I'm just really paranoid about these things.

[/rant]

Oh hey look I'm being conceited again. Why does this keep happening. Text is not good for intricacies of language.
    I've kind of been deliberately not commenting on your stuff because I find it really annoying when you complain about people not commenting.

Which is countrintuitive and perpetuates a vicious cycle, but dude chill.

Derm, you have no idea how much I can relate.

I usually worry my work isn't very good if I don't get a positive remark, but I figure it also means I need to try harder.
    Do better.
    So put more effort into these.
    Thats all.

Land of Pine Trees and Car Dealerships (Alabama)

Oh man Derm, you should look at the response I get on most of my pesterlog fics.
    It's like all the crickets just up and die, so you're not the only one here that has that problem.

And uh... I don't really read felt fic because I don't really like the felt that much so... I can't comment

Psh guys, conundrum. I am strapped for ideas for the next part of wwhite magic Black magic.

Like... how do you even write a training montage?
    ----tumblr----Devian-Tart

Quote Originally Posted by Domoz View Post

Like... how do you even write a training montage?
    My guess would be one line at a time, describing various activities.
    Maybe a space between each.

Quote Originally Posted by MayorSillyBiscuits View Post
    Derm, you have no idea how much I can relate.

I usually worry my work isn't very good if I don't get a positive remark, but I figure it also means I need to try harder.
    Do better.
    So put more effort into these.
    Thats all.
    Yeah, pretty much this. I pretty much get no comments on my art when I post in the art threads, which to me just means that I must become harder better faster stronger at art until people DO take notice. Bitching about people not noticing is just going to make them not give a damn even harder.

sporadic lurker neuroticIndecision's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lucidSeraph View Post
    I've kind of been deliberately not commenting on your stuff because I find it really annoying when you complain about people not commenting.

Which is countrintuitive and perpetuates a vicious cycle, but dude chill.
    I-I feel really bad, but... I can't say I disagree with this.

I know it's really frustrating when you work really hard on something, step out of your comfort zone and try to share something you tried to polish up for everyone and it winds up not being noticed, but... it happens to most people, and it will happen in the future, too.

I'm really really sorry that your fics not being commented on hurts, but sometimes it's best to just sit back and let it go, I think? You created something, and even if it didn't get comments or anything, that's gotta be worth something, right?

Mayor is right, I think. Maybe you could try to use it as motivation to make the next piece even better!

[edit] FFJKSD MY POINT HAS BEEN MADE ALREADY just ignore me orz
    Last edited by neuroticIndecision; 12-17-2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: SO SLOW AT EVERYTHING

^ What they said.

I try to comment on everyone's fics, but sometimes they get away from me a bit. Especially Feltfics, as I am just not a Felt person.

But dude. DUDE. Go here. Scroll down.

That's YOU. Your fics have been recc'd on TVTROPES.

So every chapter doesn't get three pages of praise. That's still pretty damn cool.

(and bluh bluh all this discussion is derailing people from commenting on MY fic. BLUH BLUH HYPOCRISY)

Everyone get back on subject, there have been new fics posted that must be commented/loved/adored/critiqued!

Derm Induced stupidity time is over. Go back to your regularly scheduled sad/awesome fic.
    Ask me a question Here!
    My FanFics:

Watches you and hungers Wigmund's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

I just retaliate against everyone for not commenting about my fics by adding more TerrorCal and other horrifying tales.

Quote Originally Posted by Domoz View Post
    how do you even write a training montage?
    You do the following:
    * write this: !!!!TRAINING MONTAGE!!!! (It's awesome, just imagine it yourself, my words will only spoil the glory)
    * then link this to words 'Training Montage'.

sporadic lurker neuroticIndecision's Avatar

I'm
    I'm terrible at making good or interesting comments so I will uh
    I'll sit over here and watch you all in a totally non-creepy way. |8I;;

but all these John!fics are making me want to hug that little dork ghdfskaldfgg ;_____; You guys get all the hearts from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wigmund View Post
    I just retaliate against everyone for not commenting about my fics by adding more TerrorCal and other horrifying tales.
    I hate you. So much. I just read a terror!Cal.

And I hate you. My terror for puppets is sealed forever.

(It was amazing. :])
    Strider brothers fics (many thanks go to egregiousBass for compiling them):

Sionnan @ AoOO | Years in the Past (but not many)- A Homestuck RP

QuetzaDrake ♥ Bec Noir QuetzaDrake's Avatar
    The Magical Land of Furry Webcomic Artists

It's tough getting noticed around here, it's just a really high concentration of brilliant writers and artists, and even if you're pretty darn decent, you can still get overlooked and overshadowed. I mean, I think I'm pretty decent at art, but of course I'm not gonna hold a wet match to the art team or other great artists, so they're gonna get more comments. Just happens sometimes. *shrug* Try to remember that we all make Homestuck fanstuff because (or should be because) we like the universe and characters and enjoy writing and drawing stuff, not for comments. S'tough, but the only person you should strive to impress and make happy with your work is yourself.

</cornyspeech>

@MayorSillyBiscuits Aw, sad... I think it's a little odd that Gamzee would step up to Vriska in anger/teary-mode like that, he's kinda afraid of her if I remember, but still, nicely done. I hope this is just Vriska not seeing him actually ascend and he comes back later, but I look forward to it even if this is a scenario where John really died for good.
    Your chumhandle is quizzicalDraconian. You don't like to talk much because you're often busy, or maybe that's just how you troll people. Also you are sorta kinda indecisive about some stuff sometimes and use way too many weird emoticons. :B :V :'
    Check out my Forum Adventure Jumpcat!
    Link to webcomic and unnatural Bec Noir love under spoilers: