Hare Force One - Rainbow Road Line FULL

updoot: this was copied from page 54!

Links:
    Map
    Schedule This is an approximation, and NOT exact
    @Bunluminati on Twitter
    Hare Force One Blog

---

HEADLINE: New Hare Force One Line Opens!

By WATER BOTTLES
    MSPA Forum Member

WASHINGTON D.C. — On Sunday, June 12th of this year, Hare Force One officially ended its year long run. Several of the projects members gathered in Washington to not only celebrate their triumphant achievement, but the friendships forged during the project.

To continue the spirit of friendship, we at the Bunluminati have decided to open up one last line, the Rainbow Road Line! The final recipient will be kept secret for now, so they are hopefully surprised at their gift of one bunny!

For this line, we are looking for ten forum users. The project will start in December.

In order to participate, one must follow

THE RULES:

• North America only - Apologies, but shipping costs are outrageous for overseas, and take a long time. We are looking to keep this project relatively short (have it end before June 2012)
    • You must get a tracking number - when you get your tracking number YOU MUST POST IT HERE IN THE THREAD; from previous experience, this makes life a whole lot easier.
    • Keep the bunny for ONE WEEK - if you don't think you can send it out in a timely manner, don't sign up. Sorry if this seems harsh, but last time people would hold onto a bunny for a month plus, which is not acceptable. We are looking to keep this project short.
    • Active Members of the community only - sorry, no Wigglers. We want to make sure that we will be able to contact the people signing up, so if you have a habit of forgetting about the forum for lengthy periods of time, please, do not sign up.
    • When you sign up, please include your location
    • Please, PM waterbottles your active e-mail address - once the list is finalized, please PM me your e-mail as an alternative way of contacting you.
    • *NEW*If you receive communication right before you are about to get the bunny, and do not respond in three days, you will be kicked off the line. You will not be contacted by e-mail, but rather by forum PM; the e-mail is just a safety net for contact needed while you have the bunny.

That's it, but here are some suggestions of what to do once you get the bunny/additional notes:

• Prepare a mod for it! Check out the Hare Force One blog to see what sort of crazy mods that bunnies past were adorned with.
    • Take pictures with it at various places around your town! again, the Hare Force One blog holds crazy inspiration.
    • Hold an MSPA meet up, so that other users can mod/meet/take pictures with the bunny
    • There will be a rough schedule of where the bunny should be, but if you are unable to receive it for certain dates, see if you can trade places with someone else on the line. I know holidays might be rough and personal things do come up. It's understandable.
    • Have fun. Or else. Seriously, do it.

LINE
    1. waterbottles
    2. nyankokimi
    3. ndoto
    4. Lcheeseboy
    5. Blueberry
    6. SpyPoet flutterShy
    7. Gordon
    8. Shadolith
    9. Tamaratan
    10. KTJayne
    11. Dr. Hurt
    12. That_Scratch_Cosplayer
    13. Crazy-8
    14. Een
    15. Esrever
    16. Liza
    17. Blueamber10210
    Last edited by Avi; 01-11-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Re: Hare Force One - Episode III: Revenge of the Stitch

Old OP from the 2010-11 project

here is waterbottles' speadsheet

This is a collaborative project in which stuffed rabbits travel between forum members, inspired by the Con Air bunny's journey in Homestuck. Each participant will have an opportunity to perform their own grisly modifications on the bunny, and write their own heartfelt, sentimental letter to be sent with it. It has provided great opportunities for members of the community to work together, and enjoy friendly good times by meeting in person.

FAQ: How can I join?

A: Check out the map. Anyone close to you and going to get a bunny? Meet them in person! That's all you can do at this point. I guarantee you will have fun.
    The project has grown to over 150 people, so we can no longer add new ones to the routes. Sorry.

Helpful links:

The original thread, from June. Kazerad was the one to get this whole thing started.

The second thread. Rainbow Bunny Blast!

Check out the Map.

Bowman maintains an awesome blog, with help from a handful of folks(Slightly behind, but worth reading.)

Bishop1387 wrote a summary sheet of the rules. (PDF)

Some of us are organizing a MASSIVE MEETUP, to take place June 10-12 in Washington, DC. Everybody is invited and welcome!

Once you have a bunny, you are more or less expected to...
    • Write a letter to the next recipient. This can be addressed to them personally, and they will get to keep it as a souvenir of their participation in Hare Force One. (Ask for their address in Private Message)
    • Write a general letter to "all future bunny recipients", or something similar. This letter will stay in the box and travel with the rabbit on its journey. By the end of his trip, the bunny's box should ideally have a letter from everyone who had him.
    • If you have a camera, take pictures of the bunny, yourself with the bunny, yourself chaos dunking the bunny, or re-enacting other MSPA shenanigans.
    • If you feel so inclined, make some modification to the bunny. In Homestuck this involved adding knitted parts, robot limbs, and overpowered weapons. You probably have your own crazy ideas for this, but make sure they are legal to own/mail, not horribly inappropriate,, and not too heavy without good reason (because of shipping costs)
    • Once you have written your letters, taken photos, and given the bunny your desired modifications, mail it off to the next planned recipient. It's recommended you don't post pictures of your post-modification bunny so it is more of a surprise when it is received, though you may want to take the pictures anyway in case your modifications are damaged in-transit and you still want to show them off.
    • Try not to keep the bunny for more than a week, 2 at the most if something happens. This thing needs to keep moving it it's going to reach everyone, and we don't want anyone forgetting about it. Sending to the next recipient as soon as possible is preferred.
      The most important thing is to be considerate of people waiting patiently to receive the bunny after you.

The current plan is for the bunnies to ultimately be sent to leading figures of our community.

Further details
    There are eight bunnies, and they have unofficial theme songs. When one is scheduled to arrive in your general area, organize with the other people in the area. Confirm who is sending to who, and then PM your address or postbox to the person who will send the bunny to you. Depending on your proximity to other forumites (and your willingness to meet internet strangers pen pals), the bunny can either be mailed to the next recipient or exchanged in person.

Itineraries as of 5/10/11:
    ? is removed by request

PINK

TEAL

RED

GREEN

PURPLE

YELLOW

BLUE

VIOLET

---

here is waterbottles' speadsheet

Our project has past the half year point - that's awesome! I have suggestions for when people send out bunnies in the future:

Please get a tracking number when you send your package, it only costs 70 cents.

Post in this thread when you receive a bunny, and when you send it, so we know what's going on. Obviously you don't have to be online all day, every day but please communicate!

Try to keep it for only a week, 2 at the most if something happens. If you have the bunny during a major holiday like Thanksgiving, or Christmas, no one will be mad if you have to keep it a little longer, but please keep communicating.

It is very difficult for the project organizers if you don't let us know what's going on - we don't want anyone forgetting about the project or bunnies getting lost.

Timeliness is important because many folks have been patiently waiting a long time to get a bunny. We want the bunnies to get to everyone before June (aka full year point), as we are planning a Massive Bunny Meetup as a finale.
    Last edited by Avi; 01-11-2012 at 10:16 PM.

wooooo

This is cool and you guys should feel cool. If there was ever to be Hare Force Two I'd sign up for the Europe route immediately.

Hint. :P
    oh

Duuuuude.. we weren't even near the end of the second thread.. Now I have to check two Hare Force One threads. XD

super baller butt pirate Admin Blueberry's Avatar
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

We were on page 97, nyankokimi. And we can ask the mods to close that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    We were on page 97, nyankokimi. And we can ask the mods to close that one.
    Eh, I think we could have waited until page 99.
    Also, I was just hassling Avi. Cause he's a cool guy like that. ;3

thinkin' about Football Lieutenant Fish's Avatar
    Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

awesome, we're under new and probably better management.

A note on the state of the old thread:

The method for creating blog posts that I ended up getting used to revolved around quoting posts so I could preview them and remove quote and spoiler tags. This was so I could copy and paste things like complicated formatting and font changes, but anyone who's good at HTML probably doesn't need to worry about that. The blog seems to be pretty much caught up anyway, but otherwise I'd advocate leaving the old thread unlocked.

Edit: perhaps it would be a good idea for me to turn ownership of the Sectet Map over to Avi as well?
    Last edited by Lieutenant Fish; 12-03-2010 at 06:58 PM.
    FORUM INBOX CURRENTLY FULL. Maybe some day I will bother to clean it out? For now, I can be reached here.
    http://www.majhost.com/gallery/LtFis...invocation.png

I. Hate. Star Wars.

Oh hey, this is sort of relevant, but I have an excel spreadsheet of the bunny schedule, that lists who the bunny has been with on each line with dates. I uses Avi's notes posted in the last thread, combined with blog help, and forum searching. I included people that I knew attended meet ups.
    In making it, I realized that the pink bunny is really confusing to follow. I don't who it's really been with at all.

Oh, and I'm going to re-post this, because Bowman asked for bunny statuses last thread:

Quote Originally Posted by waterbottles View Post
    Here are the bunny locations:

Red Bunny Bowman (recieved 11/27/10)
    Purple Bunny Sir Fuzzy (received on 11/30/10)
    Green Bunny In transit to ubertenorman (sent on 11/29/10 by MillionSandwiches)
    Viole[n]t Bunny In transit to Steev (sent on 12/2/10)
    Blue Bunny In transit to ???? (Doran received PM from Polymeron 12/2/10)
    Yellow Bunny paperandpencil (been with since at least NYCC 10/10/10)
    Pink Bunny NoobofLore (sent by Arcana on 11/15/10; status on 11/30/10)
    Teal Bunny in transit to Spellingchek (sent by toader on 11/26/10)

Awesome, the saga continues! I'm still waiting patiently for the purple bunny :P

Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

You'd better be talking about every Star Wars media item except IV, V, and VI, waterbottles. Or I might have to become slighly angry or sometthing.
    FORUM INBOX CURRENTLY FULL. Maybe some day I will bother to clean it out? For now, I can be reached here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant Fish View Post
    You'd better be talking about every Star Wars media item except IV, V, and VI, waterbottles. Or I might have to become slighly angry or sometthing.
    Yes. However, I've never seen V or VI, and I saw IV my sophomore year of high school, so it's been a while.
    But damn, those new movies, and all this cartoon nonsense is awful.

Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

Cool it looks like there will be no confrontation on the opening page.
    I'm not even like a huge Star Wars fan or anything I just don'tlike it when people let remakes and sequels ruin the original thing for them. Like, how dudes in the future will read this thread and not even know about all the fun times that went down when I was in charge (and actually did stuff. (this is mostly a joke.))

Cool it looks like there will be no confrontation on the opening page.
    I'm not even like a huge Star Wars fan or anything I just don'tlike it when people let remakes and sequels ruin the original thing for them. Like, how dudes in the future will read this thread and not even know about all the fun times that went down when I was in charge (and actually did stuff. (this is mostly a joke.))
    XD Agreed wholeheartedly.
    Man, i miss those days where you were on top of things, Fish. What happened to those good times when i could count on you for a jib to my jab?
    Where's that go-getter blog updater that we saw around Thread 2, page 20-something?

Pronouns
    [other] (see signature)

I got bored waiting for the Pink bunny and it stopped being fun. That's what happened and I'm sorry it ended up that way.

PART 1: OPENING THE BOX
    Note: The first and last images are unusually large. They don't seem to go beyond the screen, so I won't bother with them unless it becomes apparent that it's too big, and some people are having problems, in which case, I will gladly scale them down manually. I don't know why these pictures are particularly large, but, luckily, they are both pictures in which are meant to give detail, so it works out. All other images are normal sized.

*I have had a teensy bit of trouble following along, but I'm fairly certain I don't remember seeing these. If someone has already discovered these, and they WEREN'T just added, then here's me rediscovering them, and if they ARE old news, please tell me, and I'll edit it out/whatever.
    Last edited by Sir Fuzzy; 12-04-2010 at 03:05 AM.

Not A Troll terminallyCapricious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Fuzzy View Post
    *I have had a teensy bit of trouble following along, but I'm fairly certain I don't remember seeing these. If someone has already discovered these, and they WEREN'T just added, then here's me rediscovering them, and if they ARE old news, please tell me, and I'll edit it out/whatever.
    Avi put them in there.

They're scotty dogs!
    Spades Slick has two in his hat.
    capricious to the end.

Oh man, that first picture -- so adorable!

Awesome pictures, Sir Fuzzy!

I got bored waiting for the Pink bunny and it stopped being fun. That's what happened and I'm sorry it ended up that way.
    Stop being hard on yourself. Without you taking initiative and helping out, this project wouldn't have been so successful.
    I also feel that you are the only one that can truly keep the bunny on track. For one, you're a Lieutenant, and another thing, you're the only person with access to the HF1 missile launchers/red button thingy.

So there.

----------------------------------------------------

Yo, Sir Fuzz, those look like fun cool times. I'm happy the purple bunny is moving along, and having said cool fun times.
    I also don't remember the bunny being over 5 feet tall. But to be fair, I've never seen the purple bunny in real life.

@tC
    Yeah, I recognized them. I just wasn't entirely sure whether you or him put them in there.
    @goggleman64
    Thanks
    @waterbottles
    CLEARLY tC's modification was Pinocchio voodoo magic.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

It has wings now!

Oh gosh the scotty dogs! I only included them for the novelty. You can throw them out if you want - they are six months old. XD

Part Two: Food and Holidays!
    Last edited by Sir Fuzzy; 12-04-2010 at 11:39 PM. Reason: We did nothing of note.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Re: Hanukah Force One

Happy Chanukah, and of course happy birthday to Jade, Rose and Dave!

Nice photos Sir Fuzzy!

Yellow Bunny Status Update: I just gave paperandpencil a call. She says she's done with the bunny, and she'll try to get it sent off in the coming week!

Quote Originally Posted by Lcheeseboy View Post
    Nice photos Sir Fuzzy!

Yellow Bunny Status Update: I just gave paperandpencil a call. She says she's done with the bunny, and she'll try to get it sent off in the coming week!
    Well that sounds like a relief for you yellow-liners! Good to hear that it's about to be on the move.

Page 1 of 67 12341151 ... LastLast