MSPA Forums
Page 35 of 94 FirstFirst ... 25323334353637384585 ... LastLast

Thread: TROLL!COPS: The AU

Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

Quote Originally Posted by FieryBlacksmith View Post
    Pro tip: dropping the word "klutz" is pretty much cruise control for Mary Sue.
    I preemptively solved the problem!!

Edit: Maybe I didn't! I brought the character into the world inadvertently so I will work on making her well-rounded.
    Last edited by frostedWarlock; 01-06-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Pronouns
    [any]

Sue this and that.. Oh for gog's sake, you guys. They're all superheroes and overpowered and always come out on top. All of them. Stop thinking about it too deeply and just have fun with it. It's only a fanmade AU, guys, you should just relax. Her personality will be built over time through fics.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerale View Post
    Sue this and that.. Oh for gog's sake, you guys. They're all superheroes and overpowered and always come out on top. All of them. Stop thinking about it too deeply and just have fun with it. It's only a fanmade AU, guys, you should just relax. Her personality will be built over time through fics.
    NO EVERYTHING MUST BE PERFECT ON THE INTERNET Yeah. I still like my idea of giving her hiltKind because she was too scatterbrained to remember to bring batteries, though. Regardless of if she's a Mary Sue or not, it's still an interesting idea!

Quote Originally Posted by frostedWarlock View Post

Techwise, how about she just has the glider and the beamsword, and she totally derped and forgot to bring future batteries for the sword so she is forced to have a hiltKind specibus.
    Also, I thought she only TRIED to be badass, but whenever showed any discipline it completely throws her off her game and has no idea what to do. That's what the story showed me.
    And of course we wouldn't overdo the klutziness. Just enough to make it obvious that she has flaws.

EDIT: ...in retrospect, we just give her Dave's forgetfulness and Jade's occasional derpyness and we're good. We don't need the klutziness.
    I also would like to think that she really has no idea what it's like in the 'modern time.' Possibly she comes from a very black and white time (what with the destruction of reality itself), where right now there are many shades of gray spanning the whole spectrum from white (Egbertman) to the middle of the road (Strider Mafia and the Bandit Trio on a good day) to black (Mr. Pupa).

Quote Originally Posted by gingerale View Post
    point taken.
    Last edited by Redikalus; 01-06-2011 at 03:25 PM. Reason: ninja'd by a good point

Watches you and hungers Wigmund's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

The Magpie meets Mr Pupa. Shit gets real.
    Silken Net

Notes because Preview showed a conversation going on while I wrote this:
    Last edited by Wigmund; 01-06-2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Trying to make it easier to tell their dialogues apart

durr where did my post go

anyway, does anyone think the major and minor characters are already seen? it's obvious that that nepeta, karkat, tavros, sollux, terezi, dave and eridan are the main stars of the AU. i don't think the rest are really that developed, especially aradia, kanaya, vriska (of all people), the rest of the kids, and equius. and even then, i still think the cops are kind of underdeveloped...i mean, i like that the villians/antagonists are all established and developed to the point it's genius but the protagonists/"hero group" still need some fleshing out.

i was thinking of drawing more aradia and kanaya later, so i'll contribute properly later.
    my deviantart account || the homestuck art/vriska rp account || tumblr account

i never go here pm me for skype/steam account :33?

Quote Originally Posted by Stafykune View Post
    durr where did my post go

anyway, does anyone think the major and minor characters are already seen? it's obvious that that nepeta, karkat, tavros, sollux, terezi, dave and eridan are the main stars of the AU. i don't think the rest are really that developed, especially aradia, kanaya, vriska (of all people), the rest of the kids, and equius. and even then, i still think the cops are kind of underdeveloped...i mean, i like that the villians/antagonists are all established and developed to the point it's genius but the protagonists/"hero group" still need some fleshing out.

i was thinking of drawing more aradia and kanaya later, so i'll contribute properly later.
    Interestingly enough, in the dA RP, Dave, Tavros, Nepeta, Terezi, and Kanaya are the most developed while Eridan, Jade, Karkat and Vriska are secondary and everyone else is minor/nonexistant. And Kanaya doesn't even have an RPer yet.
    Last edited by frostedWarlock; 01-06-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Universe 1A, Milkyway Galaxy, Sol system, Earth

Ok, so this is my first post, and I just want to say that you guys are awesome in all of the ways. All of them.

On the subject of Magpie(AKA my head canon):

My Head canon regarding other things:

Wow, Thats a long post. Sorry for any spelling errors.

@Wigmund: Wow, it's hard to tell the difference between Magpie and Tavros. Otherwise, good stuff.
    @Metana: Your head canon is quite similar to mine. I like your idea of Terezi being She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

Watches you and hungers Wigmund's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Redikalus View Post
    @Wigmund: Wow, it's hard to tell the difference between Magpie and Tavros. Otherwise, good stuff.
    I know :\ I'm going to edit it so Tavros uses his quirks along with uhs and umms. I wanted to avoid all capping sentences like I have so far with Terezi and Karkat.

No, I don't think we should make her klutzy.
    If she was a klutz, she would screw up and still be powerful, but then she would need to be rescued.
    MARY SUE
    She would have to not be a Mary Sue the same way Dave isn't a Gary Drew.
    He's just too cool to be one.

Troll!CopsdARP Recap 1

A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Dual-Backstory of the Pupa and Dave (according to the Troll!CopsdARP)

And that's all there is so far. Originally there was a minor subplot where the Pupa framed Mindfang for framing Dave, but it never really panned out and was swiftly retconned away by me twenty minutes ago.

Edit: I just realized that this basically sums up everything that happened in the RP group so far. My impulsive idea to put Dave in a coma was a lot smarter than I initially thought.
    Last edited by frostedWarlock; 01-06-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Wow these are horribly late but here are the title cards for As Luck Would Have It and Monoculler.

@Mp3ii Oh That is just awesome, I really like it.
    @frostedWarlock I'm a bit confused by the whole Don Strider thing, was their a Strider mafia before the timeclones or were they Bro time clones? If the former what happened to them? If the latter then I guess that makes sense.

Someone should probably make a timeline of all the RP and Writing/Drawing stuff, Like when superheroes appeared and when the teapot mysteries took place in relation to all the other stuff.

Also I think Tavros/Pupa should probably have a villainous breakdown at some point because it would just be so good, I have no idea why though(maybe there is a damned army of Crowboobs in the lost district and he realises he had not planned for this?)
    Last edited by Metana; 01-06-2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: I said "I guess" Twice

In the dA Group, the Strider Mafia is not made of timeclones. I realized that having a character who is literally in multiple places at once would be impossible to play without either godmodding or suffering from plot-induced stupidity.

These are awesome. I love the color schemes on the title things.

Quote Originally Posted by KOACD View Post
    Fix'd.

Ah, that makes sense, besides I doubt the Smafia could survive only on Timeclones for obvious reasons, I was just a bit confused about the Smafia existing before the whole time-clones buisness, but I think that can be explained with time shenanigans(I.E. some timeclones went further back and told Bro to form the mafia in the first place)

What if Pupa had multiple personalities and that's how he's been able to pull of the Tavros thing so well.

Thanks, FW! :0 How did you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by KOACD View Post
    Thanks, FW! :0 How did you do that?
    Copy Image Location.

Oh.
    Sweet.

@Mp3ii: I love your style for the title cards! Keep em up.
    @KOACD: Dapper and Evil indeed! Also a nice Gamzee.
    @FrostedWarlock: I understand the need for an the RP's background for the Strider Mafia, but I still prefer the paradox clone origin because it's more fun to imagine and write fics about.

Speaking of fics, here's part 3 (part 1, part 2)

S.E.E.ing Double; part 3

Ugh, so long. This is alread about twice the size of my next biggest fic and it isn't even finished!
    Last edited by Redikalus; 01-06-2011 at 10:37 PM. Reason: comments

Whoa KOACD, I really like your sketches! Your style is really great and I will always love more pictures of Gamzee.

Okay so I really don't care if Maggie Magpie is a Mary Sue or whatever, but cD, I think you made her look really tacky. Like, I can get you're trying to factor in the Jade derpiness/Terezi color-loving, but I really don't see any relative of Dave's dressing like that, ironically or not, so I did a sketch of how I see her: