MSPA Forums
Page 78 of 94 FirstFirst ... 28687576777879808188 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2330

Thread: TROLL!COPS: The AU

  1. #1926
    Cheers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Land of black suits and expensive coffee.
    Posts
    438

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    Thanks to you guys, my head canon is HHT the angry bus driver.


  2. #1927
    Regular Dude tectonicRobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    America
    Pronouns
    he/him/his
    Posts
    809

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    It's still awesome.

  3. #1928
    NEVUR ENUF DAKKA mythmonster2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    930

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    This AU is the best. A new character is introduced and in one day we've made him a bus driver/ garbage collector.

  4. #1929
    secretly a robot One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Land of Spite and Despair
    Posts
    1,116

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    Why can't it be both.

  5. #1930
    NEVUR ENUF DAKKA mythmonster2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    930

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    By day, he's an inconspicuous bus driver, collecting fares, and moving Alternia City. But by night.... HE IS A trash collector. Not a gang in the city would dare mess with his garbage, and since he's started working, the amount of corruption in both departments has reduced to zero.

  6. #1931
    Regular Dude tectonicRobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    America
    Pronouns
    he/him/his
    Posts
    809

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    Are you planning on writing a fic about it? Because that would be amazing.

  7. #1932
    NEVUR ENUF DAKKA mythmonster2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    930

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    Nah, you can go ahead and write it if you want to. I've already got like 5 other ideas in my head, plus the Demon!Deuce series, and I really need to start writing them.

  8. #1933
    Dust In My Eyes Huanir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    112

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    Guys, I'm too lazy to search the entire thread right now, and the OP has had some info removed. What are the names by which WV and AR go in this AU?

  9. #1934
    I have a Snuggie. Khadyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Land of Mist and Tea
    Posts
    91

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    Gahhh I love this AU so much I can't stand it

    SO HERE IS ARTSIES

    Last edited by Khadyah; 05-02-2011 at 07:40 AM.

  10. #1935
    Regular Dude tectonicRobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    America
    Pronouns
    he/him/his
    Posts
    809

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    Quote Originally Posted by Huanir View Post
    Guys, I'm too lazy to search the entire thread right now, and the OP has had some info removed. What are the names by which WV and AR go in this AU?
    I don't think they have names as of right now. I'm pretty sure WV was a superhero called the watchful vigilante back in the day, though.

  11. #1936
    Dust In My Eyes Huanir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    112

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    Isn't WV the mayor now, though? O.o

  12. #1937
    NEVUR ENUF DAKKA mythmonster2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    930

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    Yeah, and Feferi's his daughter. AR is the Head of Chief for the police, or whatever that title is. PM hasn't gotten much focus, ditto with WQ and WK.

  13. #1938
    Regular Dude tectonicRobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    America
    Pronouns
    he/him/his
    Posts
    809

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    Before he was the mayor he was arch enemies with the felt and is the reason they aren't the dominant gang today. At least I think I read that on like page 40 or something.

  14. #1939
    Ranger of Relative Dimentions pimudragonfeline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Land of Mist and Origami
    Posts
    962

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    [PM] She's probably Post Master Mistress.
    Quips for (WK and WQ) in three two one...
    [WK] Wise Key-note speaker.
    [WQ] Wiley quadricyclist.
    Meh.
    Last edited by pimudragonfeline; 05-02-2011 at 08:52 PM.

    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52885142/FOR...bannerporn.png

  15. #1940

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    I like to think Terezi's AR adopted daughter personally. Explains why she loves the law so much, anyway. xD
    AR- Authoritative Rector?
    WV- Wise Vanquisher? I don't really know, WV's hard to find names for.
    PM- Yes, Post Mistress!
    WQ- Can't really think/find any.
    WK- Still Writ Keeper? He could maybe be the head librarian of the Alternian Library. After all, every city needs a big library with good sources, and the Alternian Library is one of the best places to find information on a variety of sources. I could imagine him having helped to have solved many a case with this vast Archive of books and information. Maybe he even helps Seer from time to time, if Rose needs information, but doesn't have enough time to find it herself?

  16. #1941
    Regular Dude tectonicRobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    America
    Pronouns
    he/him/his
    Posts
    809

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    Terezi is AR's adopted child?...........

    Redbird, why are you a genius?

    You have a freakin' awesome headcanon dude.

  17. #1942
    Dust In My Eyes Huanir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    112

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    Genetics - Chapter 4



    Chapter 3
    Chapter 5

    A/N:

    Last edited by Huanir; 05-03-2011 at 10:37 PM.

  18. #1943
    Dust In My Eyes Huanir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    112

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    Genetics - Chapter 5



    Chapter 4

    Extended A/N:

    Last edited by Huanir; 05-04-2011 at 08:27 PM. Reason: grammar

  19. #1944
    Regular Dude tectonicRobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    America
    Pronouns
    he/him/his
    Posts
    809

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    Well, that's a very different take on Karkat's backstory then usual. Your writing style is great. Do you read those Dresden file books?

  20. #1945
    Rational Absurdity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lynnwood, Washington
    Posts
    1,201

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    I just spent the past 4 days reading through this thread, one page after another. Not once did I to feel it start to drag. Nor was I compelled to skip to the end. I wanted to read every fanfic, and see every piece of art that was made. I slapped myself pretty hard for not looking through the Art Forum when I first joined, so that I could have stumbled upon this thread earlier! Good God, I think I need another slap.
    Thank you to everyone who contributed to make this AU such a fun read! Now that I've got myself settled in, I'd like to perhaps give a bit of headcanon of my own.

    I do have a question, though.
    Was there ever a fanfic made on Karkat's week spent in The Veil? It was in the description on the map, but I didn't come across a fanfic entry of it.


    Warning. This is my first fic, and may cause drowsiness.
    Anyway, I noticed that there is a lack of development on some of the characters, namely the exiles. I was hoping to establish another character, BK, who unexpectedly has not been mentioned in the AU.

    A Happy Reunion, Part 1 of 2

    A/N

    If people liked this, I'll probably make a followup to this to follow through as Brennus takes the helm of Nightwatch.
    Last edited by Rational Absurdity; 05-05-2011 at 11:21 PM.

  21. #1946
    Dust In My Eyes Huanir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    112

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    Quote Originally Posted by tectonicRobot View Post
    Well, that's a very different take on Karkat's backstory then usual. Your writing style is great. Do you read those Dresden file books?
    Sadly, I've never read them, though they've been recommended to me many times. I'm currently reading somewhere between four and seven books, though, so it might be a bit before I can start something new. Perhaps this summer?

    Still, it feels good to have been compared to so popular a series, unfamiliar with it though I am. My writing style is largely a product of lots of reading.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rational Absurdity View Post
    I just spent the past 4 days reading through this thread, one page after another. Not once did I to feel it start to drag. Nor was I compelled to skip to the end. I wanted to read every fanfic, and see every piece of art that was made. I slapped myself pretty hard for not looking through the Art Forum when I first joined, so that I could have stumbled upon this thread earlier! Good God, I think I need another slap.
    Thank you to everyone who contributed to make this AU such a fun read! Now that I've got myself settled in, I'd like to perhaps give a bit of headcanon of my own.
    Read A Happy Reunion and enjoyed it. I think your take on WV is a great combination of the duty-weary mayor and the hilariously self-deprecating WV we see in the canon. I don't know if you're looking for advice or anything, and if not, I can just delete this part, but I suggest paying careful attention to the tense of your verbs. You're mostly consistent throughout, but you revert into present tense in a couple of sentences near the end. I make this mistake a lot (and don't get me started on the stupid "past perfect" tense), so I'm quick to look for it.

    But anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this. Your BK looks to me not to be evil, in the strictest sense, but rather willing to sacrifice perhaps more than he should for an ultimate good.

    ---

    I've outlined two short stories that should be coming out in the next couple days. One is called Setting Up the Board, and the other is Sopor Somnolence. Pupa and Gamzee! Fuuuun! ^_^

  22. #1947
    cloudKukulkander Aquila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    114

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    Karkat in the Veil? Was the Veil even mentioned? :I

    Well currently I think that the AU doesn't actually have SGRUB in it, so there is no alchemizing or sprites or Veil, but the characters are still in the world as citizens.

    Of course I'm not too keen on the various fanfic headcanons, I'm just going by the RP canon.

  23. #1948
    Dust In My Eyes Huanir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    112

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
    Karkat in the Veil? Was the Veil even mentioned? :I

    Well currently I think that the AU doesn't actually have SGRUB in it, so there is no alchemizing or sprites or Veil, but the characters are still in the world as citizens.

    Of course I'm not too keen on the various fanfic headcanons, I'm just going by the RP canon.
    The Veil here refers to a maximum-security prison. That Karkat was incarcerated therein is mentioned on the map page by Wigmund who proceeds to suggest that it was a fic idea he threw out there for the taking. Not sure if it's been taken, though.

  24. #1949
    Rational Absurdity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lynnwood, Washington
    Posts
    1,201

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    Quote Originally Posted by Huanir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rational Absurdity View Post
    I just spent the past 4 days reading through this thread, one page after another. Not once did I to feel it start to drag. Nor was I compelled to skip to the end. I wanted to read every fanfic, and see every piece of art that was made. I slapped myself pretty hard for not looking through the Art Forum when I first joined, so that I could have stumbled upon this thread earlier! Good God, I think I need another slap.
    Thank you to everyone who contributed to make this AU such a fun read! Now that I've got myself settled in, I'd like to perhaps give a bit of headcanon of my own.
    Read A Happy Reunion and enjoyed it. I think your take on WV is a great combination of the duty-weary mayor and the hilariously self-deprecating WV we see in the canon. I don't know if you're looking for advice or anything, and if not, I can just delete this part, but I suggest paying careful attention to the tense of your verbs. You're mostly consistent throughout, but you revert into present tense in a couple of sentences near the end. I make this mistake a lot (and don't get me started on the stupid "past perfect" tense), so I'm quick to look for it.

    But anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this. Your BK looks to me not to be evil, in the strictest sense, but rather willing to sacrifice perhaps more than he should for an ultimate good.

    ---
    Your criticism is quite valuable to me. I'm aspiring for a career in writing, and I want to start practicing as soon as I can. So, thanks for the tip! I'm glad to have a fan wanting to see more, so I'll get to work on the next entry!
    I also look forward to see your entries on Gamzee and Pupa! I can't get enough of either of those characters.

  25. #1950
    cloudKukulkander Aquila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    114

    Re: TROLL!COPS: The AU

    A maximum-security prison? Sounds awesome. :O Can't believe I never knew about it til now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •