MSPA Forums
Page 13 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363 ... LastLast

Thread: MSPA Fanfiction IV

Re: MSPA Fanfiction IV

Video games kept me away from the thread for a couple days, but then I came back and read all of it. All of the fics are awesome, ALL OF THEM. I would give specific shoutouts, but this is like the fourth time I'm trying to write this comment and all the previous times the stupid page has refreshed on me because my keyboard is dumb, so I will just say that they are all awesome.

@Ganato: I know you asked this a while ago, but my input on the Little Sisters (I forget what you're calling them in the fic) is that Karkat wouldn't kill them all. He might kill the first one, regret it, and save the rest, as I think you suggested; or he might simply save them all; but he wouldn't kill them all. He's an asshole, but he's not evil. He'd probably be a dick about it, being all "YOU BETTER BE GRATEFUL AS S*** FOR MY F***ING BENEVOLENCE" or something, but he wouldn't murder little girls who can't fight back. That's Vriska territory. So that is my two cents, and I am loving the fic!
    Chumhandle: ceruleanTresses

Stuff I done wrote

Quote Originally Posted by Wigmund View Post
    @Skaian: I didn't lose any drive, it's just that I'm paranoid....and rather ill...which don't work well together.
    Bluh, well, that's certainly not going to help! Glad you got it out!
    My Fanfiction:
    A Hand in Holding Hands, Аn Аshen Fanfic - Completed, several chapters of content and the rest of commentary.

Re: Flip it Four Ways - Violet

Quote Originally Posted by lucidSeraph View Post
    HOLY HELL YOU GUYS I am the slowest writer, it is me. Sorry this took so long. HUGE THANKS to Decker for advice and writer's block removal services.

Flip it Four Ways

Violet

A/N
    This is just, completely awesome to read oh my god You wrote all the Daves wonderfully - I especially loved this chapter. There's something just so, unsettling about Lalonde!Dave that makes him really fascinating to read.

A Davesprite chapter would be pretty interesting (and undoubtedly sad), and I would definitely read it, but I don't think it needs to be done or anything, this feels like a pretty good place to end it.

This is not for you. lucidSeraph's Avatar

Noticed some minor formatting errors and open BB tags; hopefully I've caught all of them this time.

@villainsocks: Thanks! Purple Dave is by far my favorite to write - I've got massive backstory in my head for him (down to how he alchemized everything on his person, whoops) and if he came off as vaguely unsettling, then I was doing it right Ah, Laldones, y so cray-cray?

@bass: eeeeee I think I will then. I have some Fo Realz Serious Business Non Fanfic writing to take care of for a while, and I think I might do the next chapter of reVisions first, but yeah, Davesprite wants his own chapter of extreem angst.

@Lucid- CHILLS MAN. I GOT MOTHERFUCKIN' CHILLS READIN' THAT. Also damn you for slipping in the house like that. Playing the the text format like that wad phenomenal, and really worked for me. And sadface whitetext. Poor kid. Great Dave!voices, as always.
    Strider brothers fics (many thanks go to egregiousBass for compiling them):

Sionnan @ AoOO | Years in the Past (but not many)- A Homestuck RP

hass the charts Music Team Tenebrais's Avatar

Hey look, I finally got some of this done! Or, as some would say, fuckin finally.
    Eridan's story was last chapter, though.

Windows: Chapter 11
    Read the rest on AO3

Bec

Katrika- possibly the best free form representation of a dog's line of thought ever. In my head, I'd always pictured him thinking in some dry, emotionless voice like a regular human, but this is too cute to say no to.

@everybody: would you guy mind giving me a little critique on the Bro-Dave relationship I've been portraying in my Strider!fics? Because with this new update, I'm seriously considering that I've been making them too lovey/chummy/nice towards each other.

Seraph: That was a work of fuckin' art. Lalonde does not seem like the sort of person I'd want to play any sort of game with.
    Ten: Yaaaaay more Windows! I was a bit confused there at the end - was she being manipul8ed, or was it just a "ohey" moment?

@Sionnan
    I think Dave might be hiding how he really feels about his brother's death. Because he has to seem chill no matter what.
    Honestly, I love your portrayal of the Strider Bro's.
    You're doing a great job.
    Don't change a thing.

@Sionnan

Quote Originally Posted by MayorSillyBiscuits View Post
    @Sionnan
    I think Dave might be hiding how he really feels about his brother's death. Because he has to seem chill no matter what.
    Honestly, I love your portrayal of the Strider Bro's.
    You're doing a great job.
    Don't change a thing.
    This. Thisthisthis.

A coolkid would never admit how much he's hurting.

Please keep doing what you do, as every time I see you post it's like getting a hug (or a punch in the gut for the sadfics, but you know)
    I'm the same person here as I am on AO3 and Deviantart, and pretty much everywhere else. Check out my fics and arts and stuff!

@Sionnan - I may be biased, but I'm going to agree with everyone else. Let's look at the facts of the update: this is several hours (possibly even weeks, for Dave) after he's seen his Bro's body; he's talking to someone who he constantly tries to impress / be the cool kid towards, to whom he tries to seem totally unflappable. Regardless of shippiness, he has an interest in not letting Jade see him as the kind of guy to be phased by anything. He's gotta be cool. Smooth. Also, think about the way the other kids react to their parents - Rose interprets her mother's genuinely loving gestures as passive-agressive, John is irked by his dad's constant encouragement and cakes. While Bro is undoubtedly the most trollish/dickish of the Guardians, I think it's safe to assume that Dave might also do the same thing.

Bro just does the tough love thing. And if you want any evidence, go back and look at the sequence with Bro raising Dave. Weird, but come on, it's adoribl.

*e* ALSO YES YOU CAUGHT THE HOUSE reference >3 PurpleDave is all about Houses (as opposed to Rose's tentacle beasties)

hass the charts Music Team Tenebrais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KilroyWasHere View Post
    Ten: Yaaaaay more Windows! I was a bit confused there at the end - was she being manipul8ed, or was it just a "ohey" moment?
    Yes.

The Random Number God Dermonster's Avatar

Wasn't there a fic a while ago that predicted dreamjadesprite?

It was like jade on powerthrist.

Where was that?

As soon as I saw the update my mind flashed to that fic and all I could think about was SO FUCKIN' HYPER.
    Ask me a question Here!
    My FanFics:

Dermonster, is this the fic you're after?

While Bro is undoubtedly the most trollish/dickish of the Guardians, I think it's safe to assume that Dave might also do the same thing.
    I'm going a step further and say that Bro's constant challenging has given Dave a dependancy complex. Whereas Mom and Dad have given their respective kids the freedom to work out their interests, Dave got everything shoved onto him since birth. As a result, he has no will of his own; pretty much everything he's done in Sburb so far is taking commands from others (ironic considering no exile has fussed with him yet). He's lost his role model now, and when/if the streamlined environment of the game ends, he'll either cling onto the other kids while they try to find a new walk of life, or do like a motherfucking pirouette off the existential handle. Like in Character, as if anyone even knows that book/film except when it's part of the high school curriculum.

I also watched a documentary about Metallica yesterday. It really shows what happens when you don't deal with dead people well =P

Troubadour of Can Town X15lm204's Avatar

Note to self:

When getting up in the morning afternoon, check Homestuck, then check Homestuck fanart/fiction.

seriously it took me like half an hour to figure out that all the suddenly jadesprite was not a new meme i'd missed the beginning of but something that had actually happened
    I lurk in the dark, and am likely to be eaten by a grue.
    Fanfics: (AO3!)

Quote Originally Posted by egregiousBass View Post
    While Bro is undoubtedly the most trollish/dickish of the Guardians, I think it's safe to assume that Dave might also do the same thing.
    I'm going a step further and say that Bro's constant challenging has given Dave a dependancy complex. Whereas Mom and Dad have given their respective kids the freedom to work out their interests, Dave got everything shoved onto him since birth. As a result, he has no will of his own; pretty much everything he's done in Sburb so far is taking commands from others (ironic considering no exile has fussed with him yet). He's lost his role model now, and when/if the streamlined environment of the game ends, he'll either cling onto the other kids while they try to find a new walk of life, or do like a motherfucking pirouette off the existential handle. Like in Character, as if anyone even knows that book/film except when it's part of the high school curriculum.

I also watched a documentary about Metallica yesterday. It really shows what happens when you don't deal with dead people well =P
    Yeah, I agree with this; though I also think part of Dave's plot arc is moving beyond his dependency complex and becoming more his own person. Davesprite (I think) even said as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawa View Post
    Dermonster, is this the fic you're after?
    I think it is this.

Quote Originally Posted by sebastian View Post
    I think it is this.
    I don't think so. It's not powerthirsty enough.

I like Dave lalonde, I like the idea that there is a essential core of Dave-ness that is modified by whom riased him, I'd like to see the same concept applied to the other kids, It is especially hard to imagine how John Strider could be,can John be cool and still be John? I think 'irony' and John are antithetical.

I got a John Strider in my archives. Bufu wrote something about it.

@EB & LS: The points you're bringing up are also ones I've come to determine about Dave, so I'm glad I'm not misinterpreting him. Given these kinds of behavioral patterns, I always kind of figured he'd have bit of resentment for Bro, but there's the obvious admiration, and as lots of people in the series have pointed out, as skilled as he is, he's heavily dependent on Bro. These are all things that go through my head as I'm writing them, so...

I'm glad that I haven't been taking liberties.

And Mayor, Rae, thanks as well, I'm always glad to hear that it doesn't feel off.