MSPA Forums
Page 46 of 101 FirstFirst ... 36434445464748495696 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 2501

Thread: MSPA Fanfiction IV

Re: MSPA Fanfiction IV

Quote Originally Posted by SkaianRedeemer View Post

A Hand in Holding Hands
    Part 10 (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, recap1, 7, 8, 9)

Post threeeeeee huuuuuuuuundred.
    Yesssssss. I'm so excited that Rose and Kanaya are together!!!!!!!!
    Love this fic, Skaian! I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
    Malae Kalist: appleTree (always IC on Pesterchum) // this tumblr here // Ask Nepeta some questions!!

Thank you, AppleTree!
    My Fanfiction:
    A Hand in Holding Hands, Аn Аshen Fanfic - Completed, several chapters of content and the rest of commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by MayorSillyBiscuits View Post
    Diamonds Droog = Draco Devito
    Clubs Deuce = Clarence Dee
    Hearts Boxcars = Henry Beatnik

Off the top of my head.
    I thought about doing something similar, but I eventually decided that they shouldn't have those initials. After all, Jack Noir shares no initials with Spades Slick, which I think may have been part of the joke at the time when we were all "OMG IT'S SPADES SLICK" and Andrew was like "nope."
    I can see their MC names being pesterchum handles, but not having anything to do with their actual names.

On the other hand, I am kind of tempted to make Snowman's real name Beatrice. Don't know why.

EDIT: New thought: four letter first name, four letter last name. Restrictive naming conventions go go go.
    Last edited by Layra; 01-10-2011 at 10:47 PM. Reason: New thought

Quote Originally Posted by Wigmund View Post
    Good! Because the more fics people write, the more willing I'll be to start writing again.

It's kinda like that whole 'clap your hands if you believe in fairies' thing from Peter Pan, except it involves fanfics and me learning to catch my grammar mistakes before I hit the 'post' button.

I'm just sad that it'll be two days after my 27th birthday when I'm unjailed :P But hey, I guess it's a late birthday present from the forums.
    You could always use an external editor and then copy/paste. Also preview function.

And more generally if someone write something too "risque" for this forum standards there are other outlets: archive of our own, captchalogue livejournal, mspachan.net, etc. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sionnan View Post
    I've definitely pushed the excessive detail re: violence with the Bro death fic, I think? Maybe? I dunno. Hopefully not.
    What I did was way worse anyway =P

But circumstances may have excused it. I mean, everyone in the art thread was posting dead Johns in light of that update.

Troubadour of Can Town X15lm204's Avatar

@spacetimeCounselor: yeeessssss, more awesome crossovers is always good. Especially with another two of my top five webcomics. I love the idea of Kat reacting to the weirdness of the Spark - and for whatever reason I'd love to see how Annie deals with Da Boyz antics.

also It sounds like Coyote got prototyped please tell me Coyote got prototyped yeeeeeeeessssssssss

Hmm, on the note of wacky crossover antics, I think I'll work some more on Derse Effect.

@Layra: If you're not totally set against matching initials, how about Beatrice Quickley? I also have to second MSB's suggestions; I don't think I'll ever get the names Clanrence and Henry for CD and HB out of my head now that they're there.

*goes back to excessively large pile of cushions for the night*
    I lurk in the dark, and am likely to be eaten by a grue.
    Fanfics: (AO3!)

Semixenoan graphilexigenerator Isoraqathedh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeDeadd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoraqathedh View Post
    No. 4.13.06: Hilarious (?) Outtakes: Homestuck

Contains high levels of tables, so linked.
    Haha, I want moar. Now someone's got to make them graphically. Iso, we are lucky to have someone as creative as you around here.

(though I didn't get the one about coughing, is this a Chinese joke)
    Aw, thanks. I almost thought that no one thought about my work. There is a competitive atmosphere here after all!

And yes, it's a Cantonese joke that made its rounds across the commercials for a while. Wiktionary link. I always thought Aradia's dead voice is dry and raspy, and when I try to do that I cough a lot. Sometimes.

Huh.....
    Sad to hear you got jailed Wigmund. I think I speak for all of us when I say we look forward to your return.

Quote Originally Posted by Layra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MayorSillyBiscuits View Post
    Diamonds Droog = Draco Devito
    Clubs Deuce = Clarence Dee
    Hearts Boxcars = Henry Beatnik

Off the top of my head.
    I thought about doing something similar, but I eventually decided that they shouldn't have those initials. After all, Jack Noir shares no initials with Spades Slick, which I think may have been part of the joke at the time when we were all "OMG IT'S SPADES SLICK" and Andrew was like "nope."
    I can see their MC names being pesterchum handles, but not having anything to do with their actual names.

On the other hand, I am kind of tempted to make Snowman's real name Beatrice. Don't know why.

EDIT: New thought: four letter first name, four letter last name. Restrictive naming conventions go go go.
    Oh hey a naming game.

So, after a quick search I found out the name Jack means 'man' and Noir is obviously black.
    So maybe the same should be done with the rest?
    Give them a four letter name that somehow has something to do with them and then a colour.

Lets try that with HB:

Now HB is the brawns of the Midnight Crew so I expect him to have a strong name, such as, Olaf.
    Since we have given him a norse name will try a name for a colour in one of the scandinavian languages.
    HB is fierce so red would probably suit him.
    So Olaf Rött

Olaf actually means 'ancestor's descendent' so I guess it doesn't fit terribly well
    MOVE ALONG, PEOPLE! NOTHING TO SEE HERE!
    Pesterchum: paperConsumer (deviceJuggler is my troll account)
    Stuff:

Bested.

Edit:
    Also Jack is named after Jack Black so I guess the rest should be named after actors/musicians as well?
    Last edited by Ganato; 01-11-2011 at 01:41 PM.
    Stuff:

Also I wanted to point out there's a game related aspect to each of the names. Jack Noir= Jack Black, but translated properly, it's blackjack. And Spades Slick has the rules of blackjack in his inventory.

Droog may be friend in clockwork orange, but it also means a young ganger or a hood. Deuce is pretty much universal term for two, you get the picture.

As an alternate to musicians, you can find famous conmen or gamblers.
    Strider brothers fics (many thanks go to egregiousBass for compiling them):

Sionnan @ AoOO | Years in the Past (but not many)- A Homestuck RP

DD's first name should be Alex as a Clockwork Orange homage. Or Alexander for classiness.

Naughty Wig! Very naughty! *shakes finger*

I kinda wish I'd gotten to see the offending fic before it was snipped

Small concern re:Bright Eyes - Damn Karkat and his damn Crabdad being so interesting. I started this fic with the intention of just writing Terezi/Dave shippy shenanigans, and he had to come make it all big and angsty and INVOLVED. Does anyone mind if it becomes a big huge AU thing, with the Dave/Terezi as just a sidenote to BIGGER THINGS?

I don't, but I'm biased. Also this means HURP DURP MORE WORKLOAD FOR RAE. I will never sleep again.
    I'm the same person here as I am on AO3 and Deviantart, and pretty much everywhere else. Check out my fics and arts and stuff!

See this is why I should never name stuff.

@Rae:
    I certainly wouldn't mind.
    I love AUs.
    Stuff:

@SC: Yes. More of this please. I don't even read GC, but you may have convinced me to do so.

@Wigmund's jailing: It's a tragedy, to be sure. But hey! At least you still have me!

*crickets*

Yeah, well, here you go.

Indystuck

Chapter 7

Last edited by Graven_Image; 01-11-2011 at 02:46 PM.
    Fanfics (There's a bunch):

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Hm, four letter first-and-last names for MC variants?
    Well, "Jack" actually has an additional meaning of "One who Supplants" depending on which variation you use. That basically means "Traitorous one."
    So he's "Traitorous man of black/darkness."

Fitting with the pattern of what Ganato said, I'd have to suggest:

Hearts Boxcars: Herz Coch - German first name meaning "Hardy, brave, and strong." And the Welsh word for red.
    Diamonds Droog: Raul Roux - Italian first name meaning "Counsel of the Wolf" or "Fearless advisor." Considering he's Jack's right hand... Last is a variation of the French word "Rouge."
    Clubs Deuce: Fane Sort - Old English first name meaning "Eager." Last name is Danish "black."

So there's my two cents!
    Better stretch my legs... Sure has been a while.
    twigwise.tumblr
    Steam Powered Fanmily Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sionnan View Post
    Droog may be friend in clockwork orange, but it also means a young ganger or a hood.
    I'm not sure I see the cards reference there, actually. I think the reference in Droogs is that diamonds are a girl's best friend. Clubs Deuce is the 2 of Clubs, Hearts Boxcars is the 6 of Hearts, Jack Noir is the Jack of Spades, but do we ever get a reference to what card Droogs is supposed to be? Maybe it would be hidden in the other part of his name, like Jack.

On the other hand, Droog is from the Nadsat argot; -nadsat is Russian for -teen, more or less, so maybe he's the 10 of Diamonds. Dean or Deacon both mean ten.

EDIT: A two of clubs is an opening bid to use when you have a strong hand in bridge, for what that's worth.

Thief of Lost Updates Douhneill's Avatar
    Wasting time 'till the inevitable happens

Whoo! more indystuck! Silly the kid (the guy?) - it's not GONNA BE the greatest game ever, it IS.
    If you feel that there's no way things could get any worse, that means things will only get better!
    ...That, or you're possibly being fed on by a dementor. Eat some chocolate, stat.

THANKS!
    Glad I didn't waste too much time with that.

Also fuck yeah, danish
    Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by raequiem View Post
    Naughty Wig! Very naughty! *shakes finger*

I kinda wish I'd gotten to see the offending fic before it was snipped

Small concern re:Bright Eyes - Damn Karkat and his damn Crabdad being so interesting. I started this fic with the intention of just writing Terezi/Dave shippy shenanigans, and he had to come make it all big and angsty and INVOLVED. Does anyone mind if it becomes a big huge AU thing, with the Dave/Terezi as just a sidenote to BIGGER THINGS?

I don't, but I'm biased. Also this means HURP DURP MORE WORKLOAD FOR RAE. I will never sleep again.
    In my experience, the way to write your best is to write what you want to write, not what everyone else wants you to write.
    Last edited by Decker; 01-11-2011 at 03:16 PM.
    I was angry with my friend. I told my wrath. My wrath did end.
    I was angry with my foe. I told it not. My wrath did grow.

AO3

Watches you and hungers Wigmund's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

I'm not banned dead yet. I'm just going to be careful with what I post. So you all can look forward to my 'jailed' title for the next month p
    Thanks to everyone who has lamented my stupidity, I appreciate that you all enjoy the drivel I've put here. It makes me feel great

I pushed the envelope with my last couple of fics. And the one that got me slapped violated the rules about not having the kids/trolls show up pregnant and it mentioned puberty.
    I should have realized what I was doing violated a rule that I was responsible for in the first place, but I'm not one who has a lot of common sense. X(

I'm going to keep posting fics, but I need to spend some time getting ready for the spring semester of college and this jailing provides a good reason to pull my fat ass out of my chair and do just that.
    Looking back, I've posted what seems like a fic a day for quite some time between this thread and the Troll!Cops thread...where I'm in the process of posting something right now X(

In other news - I'm signing up for a AO3 account (Jan 18th is when my invitation should show up) and once I get that I'm going to copy the fics I have here over to that, especially the series of post-game fics I have going.

More crossover stuff with Smitty and the best character. Kind of short, since I decided it would be more hilarious to write Parley halfway through. Smit's just kind of a straight man- there's little dynamic besides him being a straight man to the antics contained herein.

Homekrigg Geniusstuck: Part II

Last edited by Avi; 01-31-2011 at 10:14 PM. Reason: by request
    Here is my Tumblr and here is my Dangan Ronpa forum adventure and honestly both of those are pretty interesting you should check them out.

Wig, if you don't want to wait a week, PM me your email and I'll give you an invite.

Also I think it's cool how well you're taking this jailing. More proof that this is the best fandom ever. Good luck with college stuff!

Ninja'd by SC. I'm loving this GC/GG fic (oh god just got an awful idea for Jade/Terezi femslash no no no no no no no no)
    I'm the same person here as I am on AO3 and Deviantart, and pretty much everywhere else. Check out my fics and arts and stuff!

The Random Number God Dermonster's Avatar

I don't get the whole waiting thing. for AO3.

I basically just put in my info thing, got an email 3 seconds later, and put my stuff up.

Oh well. Also Goddammit I have Biscuits all planned out but I can't bring myself to write it.

As a side node: Any and all femslash is greatly appreciated and anticipated.
    Last edited by Dermonster; 01-11-2011 at 03:36 PM.
    Ask me a question Here!
    My FanFics: