Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2501

Thread: MSPA Fanfiction IV

Esabelle is awesome c: Metaflare's Avatar

Re: MSPA Fanfiction IV

Quote Originally Posted by Kerensky287 View Post
    SBURB FORTRESS 2

Chapter 2

Commentary:
    You're doing really good with this! You've gotten their personalities down pretty well. And the Heavy is comedy gold as always

Quote Originally Posted by Graven_Image View Post
    It's not Indystuck. But it's not bad.

It's also an AU. In what way, you ask? I'll let yooouuu find out...

The Brother Striders

OH SHIT
    http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9202/littlebanner.png
    TROLLS IN SPOILER|TUMBLR HERE|IN WHICH ME AND MY FRIENDS PLAY GAMES

He seems to be stuck in an endless recursion of time.

Secretly a dragon catharticCarnifex's Avatar

@Rimbaum: Aw thank you! I was really worried about sticking to canon, so some parts I had to rewrite since either of those two were reacting weirdly. Glad you like it!

@Kassiopeia: Heeeeh, thanks. Yeah, he seems like the kind of guy who knows exactly what to say except when he really needs it... and it's in spoken form.

@Kerensky: Haha, wow, I think I need to read the first part of this. This is a pretty damn cool take on the whole SBURB thing, love it!

@Graven_Image: Whoah, wait, hold on. Bro = Dave? That's fuckin' awesome.

-} DevArt - Tumblr - Twitter - Pail Day 2011 - Lodgetrenched the RP - My Blarg {-
    Favorite songs and remixes

Esabelle is awesome c: Metaflare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kawa View Post
    Oh don't you even start with this i know what you're thinking
    http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9202/littlebanner.png
    TROLLS IN SPOILER|TUMBLR HERE|IN WHICH ME AND MY FRIENDS PLAY GAMES

@Graven_Image: So Dave is Bro.

Mindfuck, ahoy.
    http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1041/mementobar.png

I stop now

Here is my Tumblr and here is my Dangan Ronpa forum adventure and honestly both of those are pretty interesting you should check them out.

Thanks for the kudos, guys! It's just another one of those ideas that supercollided into existence in my brain and had to be put to digital paper.

Sort of.

Not really.
    Fanfics (There's a bunch):

Bit late, but Lantadyme, that is fucking excellent. God I miss Davesprite.

Welcome to the thread. I cant' wait to see what else you come up with.

@Graven:
    And with a frustrated yell, you curse paradox space and all its minions for dooming you to this fate.
    I just remembered that line. This was a good line.

It's not a time loop though- Dave finds his way out after two turns of the timeline, one as Dave and one as Bro. And as Bro he gets out of the cycle and rejoins his friends, right?

Or am I just missing the joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Zerovirus View Post
    It's not a time loop though- Dave finds his way out after two turns of the timeline, one as Dave and one as Bro. And as Bro he gets out of the cycle and rejoins his friends, right?
    It's still a time loop, just not an endless recursion, but your summary is correct. A real inescapable time loop would be Dave getting captured by Lord English, being rejuvenated and memory-wiped before being injected back into a previous moment.

Also damn, that was a great fic.

You two are correct.

Dave is sent to earth as an ectobiolobaby, is found by Bro, goes into the game, gets god-moded by Bro, and is sent back in time by Bro. On Earth again, he finds his past self and takes up the title of Bro. He then goes into the game again, god-modes himself, sends himself back in time, and finally joins up with his friends.

A few minutes from their perspective, but 13 years from his.
    Fanfics (There's a bunch):

Watches you and hungers Wigmund's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quadrantic Equation

A/N:

I came here to write another Trial by Void but it was supposed to be a action sequence and that fic just completely changed my mood.

You lucky fucking bastard. XD

Thief of Lost Updates Douhneill's Avatar
    Wasting time 'till the inevitable happens

My god, is everyone making Dave into a shipping Jedi?
    If you feel that there's no way things could get any worse, that means things will only get better!
    ...That, or you're possibly being fed on by a dementor. Eat some chocolate, stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Douhneill View Post
    Does that make Nepeta Yoda?

Is someone going to draw fanart of that?

Thief of Lost Updates Douhneill's Avatar
    Wasting time 'till the inevitable happens

Quote Originally Posted by KarneWarrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Douhneill View Post
    Does that make Nepeta Yoda?

Is someone going to draw fanart of that?
    I totally would, except my regular art is crappier than a sewer.
    If you feel that there's no way things could get any worse, that means things will only get better!
    ...That, or you're possibly being fed on by a dementor. Eat some chocolate, stat.

Watches you and hungers Wigmund's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

It was a disturbance in the cool/ironic force that Dave sensed - John just got into a relationship (of sorts) with two girls (kinda) at once, surpassing Dave.
    Nepeta's in a squee-induced coma from the disturbance in the shipping force caused by the multi-part relationship that just happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Wigmund View Post
    John and Kanaya glanced at each other and blushed.
    "You mean..."
    "...We Shall Share You?"
    Rose smiled at them, wrapped her arms around their necks and brought them in close to her.
    "Exactly. I want both of you to be happy."
    Now I have to follow that up with a horrorfic about how dysfunctional that is.

Maybe never.

Why would it be dysfunctional?

Here, have some five minute stupidity: http://helmet.kafuka.org/trollslum/shippingjedi.png

Quote Originally Posted by Kawa View Post
    Why would it be dysfunctional?
    I really never plan to explain myself whenever I overthink something that's supposed to be just fluff, but okay =P

It's not really a big deal to me. I just find it jarring when there's a semblence of toying with people's feelings.

Being in a successful relationship entails both giving and taking, of which the taking is being ignored here. Her reason to include John is "I want you to be happy" and not "I want you to make me happy", or even "I like you." That's never said, there's only the absurd amount of stress on altruism. If you don't get satisfaction from your partner, then you're just not able to return them the kind of attention they need to have theirs. How would you feel if your girlfriend were only that as a kind of favor?

And besides, as good as it feels to be able to discharge your affection, it may not be worth it by a long shot. Love is a drug: If Rose leaves John aside, he'll eventually put her behind him and gets the chance to find a fulfilling, focused engagement elsewhere. But if she humors him with a half-spirited effort and he'll keep wanting her affection even if it's wishy-washy and strained in between maintaining her far more exciting affair with Kanaya.

It's also quite doubtful how a thing like this would work to begin with, especially for these three. I acknowledge that polygamy is possible, and that there are many societies that have it (or, more specifically, polygyny), but actual polygamous relationships are still far outnumbered because there aren't enough women, obviously. The ones that exist are exclusive to the economically priviledged, which is very similar to how marriage was an issue of business in our pre-industrial societies. Romantic affection was for the upper aristocracy and/or extramarital affairs and that was fine.

But this is nothing like that. These are real, vulnerable sentiments that are being dealt with, and just declaring yourself shared goods just to appease a second person is very naïve and careless IMO. Add that there can be a lot of animosity between co-partners (in one African language, "co-wife" and "jealousy" are the same word), and also that neither John nor Kanaya are accustomed to the concept, in Kanaya's case even strongly deterred, and I can't help but feel this arrangement going to shit faster than you can say "chainsaw".

But don't take offense; rather, be proud that the fic made me think about all of this =P

Also Karkat was very cute in this one.

@apocalypticCritic: INDEED!

@crash: "written something the length of a college thesis about some kids and aliens watching Squiddles." My lifelong secret dream! :33 But seriously, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

@Sionnan: Same! And like Rose said, being involved in the storyline over multiple episodes only made things worse... or better. My best friend's niece just picked up a surprise love of Batman: TAS independent of anyone from the 90's generation, which may have been what inspired me writing this the way I did.

@Graven: Have we already made a series of endless recursion jokes? Damn.

@catharticCarnifex: Really enjoyed this! Karkat's point of view had some wonderful touches to it!

@Graven: Have we already made a series of endless recursion jokes? Damn.

@Wigmund: I can definitely see where egregious is coming from, though I personally made the assumption that Rose was referring to some sort of quadrant balancing. I suppose given the discussion kerfuffle that I was mistaken? Either way, I thought John's feelings on this were sweet, however you read the outcome.

@Graven: Have we already made a mention about how there are an incredibly large number of possible pairings thanks to the quadrants but I remain surprised every time someone unearths a new one?
    My Fanfiction:
    A Hand in Holding Hands, Аn Аshen Fanfic - Completed, several chapters of content and the rest of commentary.

@Bass polyamory (as opposed to polygamy) isn't *that* uncommon. Without wanting to go into a massive amount of detail - not my area of expertise by any means, I just have a few poly friends - there are people who would say that being polyamorous is part of their sexual orientation as much as what gender they're attracted to.

Though I do take your point wrt the fragility of emotions going on here and the fact that they're probably all too young to handle that kind of situation.

e: sorry if this sounded kind of snappy ;3; I didn't mean to come across that way.
    Last edited by Kassiopeia; 01-13-2011 at 07:14 PM.