MSPA Forums
Page 54 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4445152535455565764 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2501

Thread: MSPA Fanfiction IV

Re: MSPA Fanfiction IV

I remind myself of that one person who did an epic rant on Bro when he died. I found it again by searching "personal bullshit".

Andrew: Your short presentation has managed to convey how truly awesome bro is in a way that not even I could pull off in 3000 pages of Homestuck.

But that's beside the point. Although I could flesh this out in a fanfic but then I'd get jailed.

Trail by Void
    The Orchestra of Desolation

A/N

has no memory of this place Wigmund's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

I didn't intend to start a discussion about anything, they're 13 years/6 sweeps old and trying to figure stuff out. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't, but right now they've found something that sorta works.

Since I've never been in a relationship, I have no idea what I'm writing/talking about. It's all by-the-seat-of-my-pants, "this feels kinda right/works in my head" stuff and what I imagine I'd do if I was in similar circumstances.
    Tumblr | Deviantart | AO3

It's been a while since I poked around here...

Quote Originally Posted by egregiousBass View Post
    I remind myself of that one person who did an epic rant on Bro when he died. I found it again by searching "personal bullshit".
    Oh my god XD Maybe I just like Bro too much, but there is taking the comic seriously and then there's taking the comic seriously. That guy... wow.

@Karne: I'm still really enjoying this! I'm mildly curious as to whether Iksti had to pupate irregularly or what (since Azla does not yet feel the same urge) but I'm prepared to wait if that's upcoming. I'm not sure what to say about what I want to see "more of" without knowing what kind of time span you want to cover (just infancy? Beyond?), though I guess I'd like both, if and how possible.
    My Fanfiction:
    A Hand in Holding Hands, Аn Аshen Fanfic - Completed, several chapters of content and the rest of commentary.

No, Iksti just is doing it first. Azla is going under before she hatches, and then she has to watch his cocoon like he is hers. And I'm covering their whole lives, although the trials will be a big part, only skipping months instead of years. After they get out to the surface with their lusii I'll skip from important event to important event.

I may kind of gloss over the bit with the drone, maybe? At least for the Matespiritships, Kismessii I don't see as having anything we would see as dirty, just a very vicious duel or something. Serrated knives, bloodshed, that sort of thing. Finally something gets lopped off and that's wrung out over the bucket and the drone wanders off to the neighbors.

But yeah I'm following Azla through his whole life, with Iksti as a very, very major character.

This is not for you. lucidSeraph's Avatar

Derailing talk of things to give you moar AU!Dave fic.

The formatting in this is WAY too intense for me to bother re-posting it here, so instead, EXTERNAL LINK TO AO3 TIME! NOW PART OF A SERIES.

Violetesence Part 2: Convergent Recombination

Quote Originally Posted by egregiousBass View Post

Andrew: Your short presentation has managed to convey how truly awesome bro is in a way that not even I could pull off in 3000 pages of Homestuck.

But that's beside the point. Although I could flesh this out in a fanfic but then I'd get jailed.
    Wow. Haha, I mean... just wow. Maybe this says a lot about how I grew up, but did no one have significantly older siblings? Or, like, siblings in general? Half of how I write Bro comes from the stuff my older brother would have done to me.

@lucidSeraph: this part felt a little more jumbled, a little more rushed than your other installments, but I honestly think that it works in favor of the piece. Everything's crazy and tumultuous, and it works to translate what the kids are feeling. All the same, you had some great turns of phrases, and you've got a great grasp of characterization, given that you believably mesh personalities and typing and thinking quirks. Good work.
    Last edited by Sionnan; 01-13-2011 at 09:17 PM.
    Strider brothers fics (many thanks go to egregiousBass for compiling them):

Sionnan @ AoOO | Years in the Past (but not many)- A Homestuck RP

Quote Originally Posted by KarneWarrior View Post
    No, Iksti just is doing it first. Azla is going under before she hatches, and then she has to watch his cocoon like he is hers. And I'm covering their whole lives, although the trials will be a big part, only skipping months instead of years. After they get out to the surface with their lusii I'll skip from important event to important event.

I may kind of gloss over the bit with the drone, maybe? At least for the Matespiritships, Kismessii I don't see as having anything we would see as dirty, just a very vicious duel or something. Serrated knives, bloodshed, that sort of thing. Finally something gets lopped off and that's wrung out over the bucket and the drone wanders off to the neighbors.

But yeah I'm following Azla through his whole life, with Iksti as a very, very major character.
    Sounds good to me! Just continue at your own pace, then, and it should be good!

I've got a different take on Drones and Kismeses but that's a different fic for another time, surreptitiously placed off-forum. *shifty*
    My Fanfiction:
    A Hand in Holding Hands, Аn Аshen Fanfic - Completed, several chapters of content and the rest of commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sionnan View Post
    @lucidSeraph: this part felt a little more jumbled, a little more rushed than your other installments, but I honestly think that it works in favor of the piece. Everything's crazy and tumultuous, and it works to translate what the kids are feeling. All the same, you had some great turns of phrases, and you've got a great grasp of characterization, given that you believably mesh personalities and typing and thinking quirks. Good work.
    Yeah, I kind of whacked it together today during work, and I had a ridiculously hectic day, so I was jumping up every five minutes to answer phones and solve various crises x_X; That said, part of the craziness is that David's getting all these fragmented memories quite suddenly shoved into his brain as he merges with his dreamself, so part of the crazy is intentional. I just hope it doesn't detract too much from the piece x_X;;;

Wow. Haha, I mean... just wow. Maybe this says a lot about how I grew up, but did no one have significantly older siblings? Or, like, siblings in general? Half of how I write Bro comes from the stuff my older brother would have done to me.
    It makes me sad that the guy said his feelings re: Bro were influenced by his personal experiences. Because... yeah. >:

@Seraph that was delicious as ever. The formatting was actually really helpful in understanding what was going on, which I approve of, and your prose is fantastic. (Also, greenJohn's last words? SOB)

wheels within wheels horosphere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lucidSeraph View Post
    Derailing talk of things to give you moar AU!Dave fic.

The formatting in this is WAY too intense for me to bother re-posting it here, so instead, EXTERNAL LINK TO AO3 TIME! NOW PART OF A SERIES.
    I haven't even read this yet but the phrase "intense formatting" is already making me nervous.

A brief anecdote that you may find... gratifying, perhaps? I was happily reading through the Flip It Four Ways stories on AO3 yesterday. I thought the music links were a nice thematic touch to set the mood, was amused by the first two songs... then saw what the third song was and kinda laughed a bit. Was kinda thinking something like "Yeah, that fits... especially given the background behind the song. I wonder if the author knows about that, or just liked the song? Either way, I bet that'll make a nice subtle undertone for creepy purple Dave!"

...it wasn't subtle.

Oh hey, I actually wrote something other than fantroll shit.

Graveside Visit

A/N

Pronouns
    he/him/his

That was lovely MrTeebert...

@Kass: OH GOOD I was afraid it might be a little hard to read x_X; Glad to know that it helps to make things more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by horosphere View Post
    I haven't even read this yet but the phrase "intense formatting" is already making me nervous.

A brief anecdote that you may find... gratifying, perhaps? I was happily reading through the Flip It Four Ways stories on AO3 yesterday. I thought the music links were a nice thematic touch to set the mood, was amused by the first two songs... then saw what the third song was and kinda laughed a bit. Was kinda thinking something like "Yeah, that fits... especially given the background behind the song. I wonder if the author knows about that, or just liked the song? Either way, I bet that'll make a nice subtle undertone for creepy purple Dave!"

...it wasn't subtle.
    Haha, my senior thesis in college was actually about House of Leaves, so I am more than well aware of the background behind Haunted. I am occasionally subtle. That was not one of those times.

don't worry, this one isn't so much NNNNRGHL MY BRAINS as it is terribly sad. Dave's a bit less creepy and more human in this one.

... well there's a little MY BRAINS here too but less so.

*e* SHIT! Just realized that the last of John's sentences in that pesterlog got cut off. It has since been fixed.
    Last edited by lucidSeraph; 01-13-2011 at 09:47 PM.

@MrTeebert: Aw, nuts to your logic and bacteria. *sniff*
    My Fanfiction:

Here, have that terrible crack fic I was telling you guys about. You know, the one where I make a really terrible Strider fic.

Strider brothers fics (many thanks go to egregiousBass for compiling them):

Sionnan @ AoOO | Years in the Past (but not many)- A Homestuck RP

..........."astringent, itchy blankets." Someone get that girl a medal.
    My Fanfiction:

Pronouns
    ey/em/eirs

A fanfic about a fanfic...

That was so awesome...

Pronouns
    he/him/his

@Sionnan: lol, Vriska writing StriderxStrider fics that's hilarious.

@Sionnan: ... PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

have you been stalking my roleplay or something

bluh bluh cute kitten draconicAlgorithm's Avatar

@Sionnan: I've been mostly lurking lately because, although I've been reading, I haven't had much to say aside from "oh gog that was so good". But that... Oh man. xD The description. It was so great.

Oh, Vriska.

Is it bad that I thought it was real at first?
    Fanfics (There's a bunch):

Quote Originally Posted by Rimbaum View Post
    A fanfic about a fanfic...
    Oh Rimbaum, how I wish I could link you to Karkat's Diary. Does anyone have a link to those?

Also, there was this one time when I wrote a fic by Nepeta, and if she does say so, it was a masterpiece.
    My Fanfiction:

killed her dinner with karate c_rowles's Avatar

Here, have that terrible crack fic I was telling you guys about. You know, the one where I make a really terrible Strider fic.

I was sipping purple Gatorade from a wine glass as I read this. Somehow, it just felt right.

I was careful to only sip in-between giggles, so as not to splatter my new computer with prodigiously-sweetened sports beverage. What I mean to say is, this is hysterically funny, and we need to see glimpses of Vriska's private writing projects more often.
    if you be brave and stout of heart:
    'neath this link lurks my DeviantART.