Okay then. We'll see if Frost is okay with me making OP when he gets on, then.
So how much overflow do we get on this thread, Drillgorg?
Anyway I get the feeling I'm sort of spamming here, are these contributions of any value? Once again I'm happy to volunteer to animate all the alternate fursuits.
OH GOD, HERE'S SOME MORE:
Uh, I think the same suit for start and end works. It seems good to me.
Okay, just want to clear up the fursuits argument before we move to the next thread. It'll be nice to have a "we've already had this conversation, look at the last page of the last thread" to fall back on.
The following things are non-negotiable; or rather, you can of course ignore my advice and go with them, but I think it'd be incredibly and profoundly stupid to do so.
- It will never be possible to resprite Nepeta based on which fursuit she has equipped. The only thing that can change between fursuits is a simple palette swap. Even a single resprite would be an unreasonable amount of spritework for not nearly enough of a positive effect.
- If you want one fursuit to be "special", we have one thing to fall back on: transparency. One of Nepeta's fursuits could be rendered as wholly or slightly transparent. For instance, a 50% opacity black suit with white eyes could be called the Sn8wman Suit.
The following things are gameplay ideas which were derived by discussion. I'd therefore advise that we use them, but development by further discussion would also be sensible.
- Fursuits can be crafted by speaking to Kanaya, who appears once in each level.
- Fursuits are crafted by using up items. Each fursuit requires at least one "Animal Hide", which is dropped by bosses and found in difficult-to-reach chests.
- The other items used to craft each fursuit could be any combination of common and unique items. I'd strongly advise against making heavy use of unique items (that is, items dropped by specific bosses), since that takes freedom of choice away from the player.
8oy Skylark, are you fine with me making the next thread? I've been making constant small changes to the OP every day, and not to wave my ego around or anything, but I'm definitely the person who's most involved in the project. I'm busy for the next three hours or so, by the way, so please stick with this thread until I come back.
Thread title suggestions, anybody?
Last edited by Frost; 01-10-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Nepetaquest 2011: It really is happening.
Go with GEM's idea.
Last edited by orderboundChaotic; 01-10-2011 at 02:41 AM.
-Nature of Sig-
Moving onto another thread already. The time's flown by pretty fast.
Thread title: NEPETAQUEST 2011 Mk 2: Still incredibly serious business.
Edit: Nope, I like Gem's title better. Also Ninja'd.
This is actually the third thread though.
The "first" thread didn't really count. The first half of it was just BSing about stuff before this started coming together, and the thread never even reached page 50. This was the first "real" thread. Like, the other thread was the pregnancy that gave birth to this thread, and now that this thread is having its first birthday it has outgrown its clothes and needs some new "threads". OH SNAP what YEAH.
What type of file do you want the finished sprites as? So far I've been saving them as .gif files, but I suppose that's not actually any use to the programmers.
Last edited by RotationalBasis; 01-10-2011 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Suprise Noodles
So I'm sitting here, waiting for the new thread to be made, and suddenly I realize something.
It's 5AM right now. And nothing is going on.
What am I doing waiting for this thread. It'll be here when I get back up.
Why not get some sort of sleep? Because I'm an insomniac, that's why. I'll probably just BS some video games while I'm up in bed.
So I believe I shall.
I lack the time or the ability to do anything, but I guess I can cheer you guys on. Can't wait for the finished product.
Your regularly-scheduled new thread can be found here.
If it was just a matter of getting one large lump of gruntwork done, it wouldn't be a problem and I'd happily put it to a vote. The main problems are:And I know you just stated it as unfeasible, but I'm happy to do the gruntwork and animate different suits if you want to include them.
- Organisation. Thank you for volunteering, but I can't trust that you'll be around forever, and I don't want to defer that kind of work to an unwilling and already-overburdened art team.
- Multiplication of future work. I don't want to be reluctant to bring in a new attack animation for Nepeta because we'd have to animate twelve different sprites to do it, and I don't want to put ten times as much work into Nepeta's sprite compared to the others trolls'. Got to keep this shit streamlined.