MSPA Forums
Page 61 of 100 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2480

Thread: IDE/Theory Thread 18: John's fraymotif is a pie banjo. Pass it on.

Re: IDE/Theory Thread 18: Armpit Lazers for Everyone!!!

IDE/Theory: CD, like Gamzee, is HIGH ALL THE TIME. That's why he's such a doofus.

Aw fuck. Aw, fuck! catchTwentythree's Avatar

IDE/Theory: The most important character in Homestuck was not, in fact, Gamzee, but Kanaya wearing Gamzee's head as a hat.

An extremely fashionable hat.

Theory: Gamzee turns out to be one of the strongest trolls for one reason: His Title.

He is known as the Bard of Rage. Bards are singers, and thus, he is a Singer of Rage.

What are Fraymotifs?

From what we can tell, they seem to be musically related attacks, seeing the fraymotif shop.

Clearly a singer of fraymotifs can exploit them better, one would assume.
    ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cervos View Post
    Theory: Gamzee turns out to be one of the strongest trolls for one reason: His Title.

He is known as the Bard of Rage. Bards are singers, and thus, he is a Singer of Rage.

What are Fraymotifs?

From what we can tell, they seem to be musically related attacks, seeing the fraymotif shop.

Clearly a singer of fraymotifs can exploit them better, one would assume.
    That would mean... Oh god. Not only can he have every weapon... HE CAN HAVE EVERY SESSION GIVEN POWER!

Pronouns
    he/him/his

We get to command JackNoir!!!!!! AND HE JUST FUCKING KILLED DAD AND MOM!!!!!

that motherfucking bastard!
    THAT MOTHERFUCKING BASTARD!

Enough hate-out...

IDE//Theory:
    We'll get a new look at how Jack thinks for a few panels, then go back to Dave for a long time, finally going to John finding his dad dead, and inmediately jump to the moment Rose begins her way to the GreenSun...

crustaceousCanine SwariSexualPosition's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhantom View Post

It's like I read 6 pages of MSPA Chat in one post.

IDE/Theory: The candy corn shrimp from the Squiddles cartoon are subliminal representations of the Homestuck version of the Mi-go of Lovecraftian literature.

They are defined as a race of crustacean aliens that praise the Lovecraftian gods.

In case anyone's interested in watching the full Squiddles opening if they haven't yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD9DO7P2vbU

The book the old squiddle at the end reads must be a reference to the necronomicon or something.

EDIT: And what do you know, i found the "time god" Aradia referred to.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    [edit] Aforgomon

Aforgomon is an obscure avatar of Yog-Sothoth invented by Clark Ashton Smith. He was revered by many cultures past, present, and future as the God of Time because of his preternatural ability to manipulate time and space. Little is known of this being's appearance because he only reveals himself to those who have angered him. However, it is known that he is accompanied by a blinding light. He is the mortal enemy of Xexanoth.
    EDIT 2: And wait i found more:

The Lurker at the Threshold

This is the name given to Yog-Sothoth in August Derleth and H. P. Lovecraft's novel The Lurker at the Threshold. In the story, Alijah Billington describes Yog-Sothoth's appearance as

...great globes of light massing toward the opening, and not alone these, but the breaking apart of the nearest globes, and the protoplasmic flesh that flowed blackly outward to join together and form that eldritch, hideous horror from outer space, that spawn of the blankness of primal time, that tentacled amorphous monster which was the lurker at the threshold, whose mask was as a congeries of iridescent globes, the noxious Yog-Sothoth, who froths as primal slime in nuclear chaos beyond the nethermost outposts of space and time!
    Looks like we already saw Homestuck's version of Yog-Sothoth, in Jade's dream.

[edit] 'Umr at-Tawil

'Umr at-Tawil (Arabic عمر الطويل) The [Most Ancient and] Prolonged of Life), also spelled Tawil At-U'mr or Tawil-at'Umr,[2] is described as an avatar of Yog-Sothoth in the story "Through the Gates of the Silver Key", by Lovecraft and E. Hoffman Price. In the story, he presides over the timeless halls beyond the Gate of the Silver Key and the strange, near-omnipotent Ancient Ones that dwell there. He is described as the silhouette of a man behind a strange, shimmering veil. He is one of very few apparently benign Lovecraftian Great Old Ones who does not cause insanity in those who view him.
    Doc Scratch?!

Or perhaps Lord English? The veil being...his cairo overcoat.

So the time god, Lord English (or Doc Scratch), and the enormous horrorterror at the end of Jade's dream are actually manifestations of the same creature?
    Last edited by BL1ND PR0PH3T; 02-19-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by SWari69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhantom View Post

It's like I read 6 pages of MSPA Chat in one post.
    I really don't see what you're talking about...

Unless the DEAD. onomatopoeia is used no character is truly or otherwise dead. Therefore bec nore has yet to kill mom or dad or dave sprite or bro that is all strawberry filling.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelo View Post
    Unless the DEAD. onomatopoeia is used no character is truly or otherwise dead. Therefore bec nore has yet to kill mom or dad or dave sprite or bro that is all strawberry filling.
    Explain Doomed Dave

I'm sure the "DEAD." posts are only relevant to the troll session.

Question: How many ridiculous accessories can Jack Noir wear before he is so funny-looking that he ceases to be frightening?

Answer: For Jack Noir, funny-looking and frightening are orthogonal.

Jack Noir in sunglasses is as scary as Jack Noir in sunglasses with a pipe and a pink scarf. And scarf-pipe Noir is just as scary as Jack Noir with all of the above, a tutu, and bunny ears.

So, how long before a Haters Gonna Hate Bec Noir comes about?

Only person with a Bec Persona Randomizer's Avatar

CROSSPOSTING FROM CHAT 95 thread:

Guys if you think about the Zodiac,

Back when the deaths started (chronologically) it was near the end of Capricorn and the beginning of Aquarius,

Eridan (Aquarius) killed Feferi (Aquarius's successor, Pisces) and Kanaya (Sign not anywhere near Aquarius so she got revived)

Karkat (Cancer) messages Gamzee (Capricorn, the sign nearing its own end) and Gamzee just turned into a mindfuck murderer.

Karkat drags Sollux to safety (Gemini, the survivor of Aquarius's attack, and is Cancer's precessor)
    and Terezi pesters him (Libra, the sign between Virgo and Scorpio)
    and her log ends with a honk, freaking Karkat out.

(Eridan is nowhere to be seen during Aquarius's age)

Terezi is alive, and is inspecting dead Tavros (Taurus, after being stabbed by Vriska, Scorpio, Libra's successor.)
    (Taurus is nowhere near Scorpio.)

Terezi enters the computer lab, and sees Feferi dead (Pisces, nowhere near Libra) and Kanaya's blood (Virgo, Libra's precessor) and also sees two bite marks on Feferi's neck. (Virgo may be alive)

Then Karkat (Cancer) messages Equius (Sagittaurus) with Nepeta nearby (Leo, Cancer's successor).
    Then Nepeta goes seperate ways with Equius, and reveals than she's in love with Karkat (Cancer, precessor of Leo)
    And Nepeta sees Kanaya (Virgo, Leo's successor) 's blood on the floor.
    Then she sees Equius strangled to death by Gamzee (Capricorn, Sagittaurus's successor in the Zodiac)
    And then she fights gamzee to a unknown end (Leo is nowhere near Capricorn)

And then 3x showdown combo at the ENDING of Aquarius and the begining of Pisces (whose its representative is dead.) And Vriska, Eridan and Gamzee faces off, only to get a serving of VIRGO KICKASS, and Eridan (Aquarius, the sign approaching its own end) gets slashed in half by Kanaya (Virgo), and Gamzee (Capricorn, Aquarius's precessor) got his crotch shot and flew off a cliff. Vriska (Scorpio) only got PAWNCHED in the face by Kanaya. and Vriska falls in love with her. (their signs are very similar with the green "M" (Virgo) having a curving fourth appendage, while blue "M" (Scorpio) having a devil's tail. and they're only seperated by Libra.)

Did you notice that people whose zodiac sign are not close to another's are intended to be forgotten or brought back in a epic way, while people zodiacs are close together, they kind of connect events and relationships and are kind of symbolic and tends to be kept staying in your mind and the status of the age of a sign affects the person whose holds that sign in a major way?

Ladies and gentlemen, a pattern had been found.
    http://i54.tinypic.com/t6f4w6.png

...well.

Jack's still missing his bloodied hand. Someone in the Human Session is screwed.

Of course, Prospitians and Dersites share human/Karkat-like blood, so it's not...necessarily one of the kids.

It probably isn't John, considering we see him immediately pre-Scratch.
    Rose, Dave, and Jade are kinda up in the air.
    Grandpa Harley has invincible plot armor by virtue of having to go back to Earth and die later.
    DD and CD are presumably around, but I doubt he'd kill them.
    There are presumably random Dersite civilians he could massacre while planning on destroying Derse like he later does Troll Derse, but he'd probably just cut to the chase and obliterate it to eliminate Dream Dave and Dream Rose. And I'm not sure he'd destroy a Derse that's basically under his control, anyway.
    Silly thing: I think Dave's blender with the fake blood capsules blended in it is still around???
    The Exiles seem to be planning on confronting Jack. Perhaps Jack and Bec WV get into a battle???

WHO IS FUCKED SPECULATION, GO.

Buckminster Gruntfuttock digeridude's Avatar

If you want to get your Lovecraft on, read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyarlathotep

"...he is described as a 'tall, swarthy man' who resembles an ancient Egyptian pharaoh."

"...he wanders the earth, seemingly gathering legions of followers, the narrator of the story among them, through his demonstrations of strange and seemingly magical instruments."

"Appears as a haughty Egyptian pharaoh wearing a brightly colored robe."

Cairo overcoat. Yeah.

Your Freedom For THIS Beef The_Codfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BL1ND PR0PH3T View Post
    There was a goat-fish thing trying to kill the Squiddles. The goat-fish thing is otherwise known as a Capricorn. Gamzee represents the Capricorn constellation.

Here until the end of time Blaperile's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

I can't shrug it off that there's something special about Dad because he wasn't created by SBURB. I think that only the humans constructed by SBURB are supposed to die during the game (which is everyone except Nannasprite for the moment as she's still kind of 'alive'). That's why I think that the following is going to happen.

IDE/Theory: When John finds out about his Dad's death, he'll go talk about it with Nannasprite. She'll be sad too and give John the chance to be with his Dad by sacrificing herself. We know out of experience with Davesprite and Jadesprite that apparently when 2 intelligent creatures get prototyped that the second overwrites the first. So, I think it might be possible that Nannasprite will let John prototype her with Dad. I think she would do this and that she would say how she has already had a long life and got old while Dad was still quite young.

This way, John loses Nanna but gets Dad back. Then, all created guardians will have died. Dad, as a non-created guardian, lives.

Deathwatch Grand Master HarMegidon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blaperile View Post
    I can't shrug it off that there's something special about Dad because he wasn't created by SBURB. I think that only the humans constructed by SBURB are supposed to die during the game (which is everyone except Nannasprite for the moment as she's still kind of 'alive'). That's why I think that the following is going to happen.

IDE/Theory: When John finds out about his Dad's death, he'll go talk about it with Nannasprite. She'll be sad too and give John the chance to be with his Dad by sacrificing herself. We know out of experience with Davesprite and Jadesprite that apparently when 2 intelligent creatures get prototyped that the second overwrites the first. So, I think it might be possible that Nannasprite will let John prototype her with Dad. I think she would do this and that she would say how she has already had a long life and got old while Dad was still quite young.

This way, John loses Nanna but gets Dad back. Then, all created guardians will have died. Dad, as a non-created guardian, lives.
    Sprites can't be triple prototyped!
    There could be a way to unprototype the Nanna part, though...

Here until the end of time Blaperile's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Has that been said somewhere? I can't recall that.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraNOVA View Post
    Explain Doomed Dave

I'm sure the "DEAD." posts are only relevant to the troll session.
    Dead. came out for john and i was joking I don't think bro survived being impaled in the heart with his own golden glowy sword.

Your Freedom For THIS Beef The_Codfish's Avatar

DEAD sounds seem to only come out when it's a silly death. Also, so you guys don't get any false hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Codfish View Post
    DEAD sounds seem to only come out when it's a silly death. Also, so you guys don't get any false hopes.
    How is being sacrificed on an alter, quest bed, by the current main antagonist a silly death.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Codfish View Post
    How is being sacrificed on an alter, quest bed, by the current main antagonist a silly death.

I'm not seeing the DEAD
    I am no longer active on MSPAF.

I can probably be found at Hidden Level.

darn my brain is te fail

IDE: Mom and dad have dream selves.

I will never except their deaths