MSPA Forums
Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast

Thread: MSPA Fanfiction V: We're Going to Need More Wands

Re: MSPA Fanfiction V: We're Going to Need More Wands

@zebtrestalala: Looks like it should be good! Looks like you've got most of the Trolls covered too! Looking forward to more!
    My Fanfiction:
    A Hand in Holding Hands, Аn Аshen Fanfic - Completed, several chapters of content and the rest of commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sionnan View Post
    Yaaay my first fic on thread no. 5!

Karkat and Sollux have a moment while on the meteor.

Daaamn, that is some fine Sollux and Karkat banter.
    Dragons vs. Unicorns - a fan adventure.

Kassie - Rose is gonna tear him to shreds.

...right?

Seraph - I adored this chapter. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed all the previous, but I wasn't really sold until this one. David's interactions with Yggdrasil were brilliant. I've never read House of Leaves, but now I'm pretty sure I'm going to. (My friends have been recommending it to me for a while anyway, but I keep being too lazy to go and actually buy it, and the eBook probably just isn't the same)

Sionnan - Oh wow, I feel like you nailed the Karkat/Sollux dynamic. I liked that you worked in how uncomfortable they were with actually being in each other's presence, that's something I don't see much, but like whenever I do.

draconicAlgorithm - That was simply adorable. Even though you referred to him as "Father Boxcars" in your notes, I can't help but think of him as "Pop Boxcars". He's a Pop kinda guy.

And now, for a continuation of my previously posted Candlelight and Clockwork
    Chapter 1: Rose

Candlelight and Clockwork: Dave

Notes
    Last edited by PingZing; 01-30-2011 at 05:10 PM.
    Fanfiction (Or visit my Ao3 Account.)
    Candlelight and Clockwork: Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4 | Epilogue
    Hot Blooded: 01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19
    grafted to machines your creators did not understand

PingZing that is adorably awesome and I am offering you one (1) unironic fistbunp.

Quote Originally Posted by draconicAlgorithm View Post
    NEW THREAD WUT

No internet means I miss things. I'll probably go around reading this thread once I post this.

ANYWAY. I got this idea from reading Daddy Droog fics + finding fanart of of Daddy Droog and Papa Slick. (I have no idea if anyone actually calls him Papa Slick but I'm rolling with it.) They made me think "Hey, what about Boxcars and Deuce?" So here's Boxcars. I'll probably do Deuce later, too. :I

Kitten

EDIT: Okay, responses to stuff on this page.

@MSB: Oh god, I love this so far. It was only made better by your avatar. I only just stopped myself from laughing hysterically.

@TT: That was so good! I think you really hit Rose's personality. I always felt like the passive/aggressive duels she had with her mother were one-sided, and that she was just, in a way, overreacting. But you hit the nail on the head. Great job.

@Path: Oh jegus Slick and Sleuth. I love those two interacting, even though that's the first actual fanfic I've read of the two of them.

@Sionnan: Those two just don't interact enough in canon. I think you got them down perfectly.

@zebtrestalala: That was not very bad. Shut up. D< I really liked how you portrayed them all. To be honest, I'd like to see more of this. Although, I can't for the life of me guess who Candice is. :x Nepeta maybe?
    I like it. Now the only thing missing is for Deuce to adopt Gamzee.

Which would make a weird kind of sense, if you think about it, who else but Deuce would let a child eat sopor slime?

is not actually a Lotus Exige lantadyme's Avatar

@Sionnan: I find it hilarious that the leader is hiding under a table and not dealing with anyone. Karkat is obviously the best at his job. His interactions with Sollux are some of my favorite, not gonna lie. Thanks for sharing.
    @PingZing: Your dialogue is so snappy, man. They are all so in character, and I love how Dave and Rose don't even have to speak to argue with each other. John is the best bro.

Here's some weird Terezi fic featuring Sollux.

Mind Your Manners

Fantastic. Having Sollux there instead of Karkat made for a refreshing twist, and you made it work very well.
    In reply to your note, there seems to be no set standard for colored text or quirks in dialogue.
    I don't use them personally, just in persterlogs. But I don't think it's "too much" in this case, like you said.
    Last edited by Decker; 01-30-2011 at 06:13 PM.
    I was angry with my friend. I told my wrath. My wrath did end.
    I was angry with my foe. I told it not. My wrath did grow.

AO3

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneCalligramancer View Post
    PingZing that is adorably awesome and I am offering you one (1) unironic fistbunp.
    Oh, I'm all over this.

*bunp*

Quote Originally Posted by lantadyme View Post
    @PingZing: Your dialogue is so snappy, man. They are all so in character, and I love how Dave and Rose don't even have to speak to argue with each other. John is the best bro.
    Funny that you mention that, I was worried that my Dave voice was way off. Glad to see you think it wasn't!

Re: Mind Your Manners - Oh yes more Terezi is always good. She's the perfect mix of manic and terrified and enraged, and her interactions with Sollux are perfectly awkward and sort of bittersweet.
    As to the colored text thing, it's never bothered me reading it, but I'm still not sure if I like using it in my writing...I sort of feel like it's a cheap shortcut for me to avoid making sure it's clear who's speaking. I don't feel that way when other people do it though, so take from that what you will.
    Fanfiction (Or visit my Ao3 Account.)
    Candlelight and Clockwork: Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4 | Epilogue
    Hot Blooded: 01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19
    grafted to machines your creators did not understand

has no memory of this place Wigmund's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by lantadyme View Post
    Is the colored text too much? Half the time I think it is, but I can never decide.
    No, I personally use it to avoid having to write XXX says/whispers/yells/whatever over and over when I write dialogue, I feel odd and overly repetitive otherwise.

But I like using the text colors and some of the typing quirks because I view that as part of the kids and trolls' voices.
    Tumblr | Deviantart | AO3

It's been a while since I poked around here...

@PingZing- Holy mittens, never stop writing! So much cute!

@Sionnan- How is it even possible to be that good at writing ;_; (seriously you are amazing)

Oh my God I don't have time to read all these right now, but this stuff is just too good to ignore >.<

NOTE: Trial by Void is completed, but it's only the first book in a series.

I...

I don't as of yet havew a name for the series BUT I'M SURE IT WILL COME TO ME IN DUE TIME.

For now, let's begin book Two.

Homeworld
    My Dear, Bloodstained Diary

This is not for you. lucidSeraph's Avatar

TOO MUCH GOOD, NO TIME TO COMMENT AS I HAVE TOO MUCH SHIT TO DO TONIGHT. I LOVE YOU ALL YOU ALL ROCK. I will respond to one thing though:

Quote Originally Posted by PingZing View Post
    Seraph - I adored this chapter. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed all the previous, but I wasn't really sold until this one. David's interactions with Yggdrasil were brilliant. I've never read House of Leaves, but now I'm pretty sure I'm going to. (My friends have been recommending it to me for a while anyway, but I keep being too lazy to go and actually buy it, and the eBook probably just isn't the same)
    I'm glad you liked! Re: House of Leaves - I'm warning you RIGHT NOW, it is NOT to everyone's tastes, it is EXTREMELY pretentious and overwrought, and it IS very difficult to get through. That said, it's quite rewarding and I am somewhat of an expert on the text (I wrote fifty pages of literary criticism on it once, after four months of ripping it apart word by word) so if you start reading it and go AGH WTF!? I am more than willing to shed light on things.

KarneWarrior, it's time for me to prod you with this, uh... official Internet Writing Stick. That I have right here. It's about your backlinks. You don't have any. These threads move so fast that I'm not sure I'm even caught up with Trial by Void! I... think so? Was the last chapter the one with the construction bots?
    My Fanfiction:
    A Hand in Holding Hands, Аn Аshen Fanfic - Completed, several chapters of content and the rest of commentary.

Yeah, it was. I'm waiting for someone to put them in the archive so I can just tear the links all at once.

Idiosyncratic Rats slakensColin's Avatar

@Graven_Image:
    I honestly love your Indystuck fic so far. Its amazing. I especially love Tim and Steve.

Just a question: will Steve ever mention Herobrine? ( or maybe you already have and i just missed it :/ )
    looking through a diamond back in time
    i still remember we were lovers then
    before the meeting of the minds
    i still remember we were lover then
    (I am going to get this album the moment it is released)

Quote Originally Posted by slakensColin View Post
    @Graven_Image:
    I honestly love your Indystuck fic so far. Its amazing. I especially love Tim and Steve.

Just a question: will Steve ever mention Herobrine? ( or maybe you already have and i just missed it :/ )
    Well.

Steve hasn't spoken of him before, but now that you mention it, Herobrine might just have a place in the story. I wasn't thinking about it before now, but it's a piece that fits nicely into the puzzle. Thanks!

Indystuck

Chapter 25

Fanfics (There's a bunch):

Quote Originally Posted by KarneWarrior View Post
    Yeah, it was. I'm waiting for someone to put them in the archive so I can just tear the links all at once.
    Ah, okay, that makes sense then! Thanks. That was a great official notice, btw, especially "Authored [...] without quirk by order of [the] Empress".

@Graven: I feel like I'm missing this pixel thing without having played Bit.Trip... oh well. Nice to see him screwing up the SBaHJ line, of course.
    Last edited by SkaianRedeemer; 01-30-2011 at 08:24 PM.
    My Fanfiction:

Pronouns
    ey/em/eirs

Karne: I'm so sorry I haven't mentioned this earlier, but EEEE new Trial by Void! I have been hanging on to this series right from the start! So happy each time I see an update.

Lastly: "GOG DAMNIT PEOPLE IF ONE MORE PERSON UPDATES THEIR SHIPPING WALL WHILE ON DUTY I SWEAR I'LL GAS YOU WHILE YOU SLEEP."

BEST LINE EVER

Quote Originally Posted by SkaianRedeemer View Post
    @Graven: I feel like I'm missing this pixel thing without having played Bit.Trip... oh well.
    It's not much. Bit.Trip is full of pixels, and brainy symbolism. Pixel + Brain = Video can make a Pixel from his brain.

It's just something I made up.
    Fanfics (There's a bunch):

@PingZing - oh Daaaaave. oh John. You have a really nice handle on the way the kids relate to each other. It's really adorable.

@Lantadyme - that was fantastic as ever. I look forward to going back and mulling it over properly. Lovely to see some Terezi-fic, she doesn't seem to make much of an appearance around these parts!

Oh and I finished this thing. Be aware, there is a little violence. I think it's still forum-appropriate, but I'm going to get the whole story up on AO3 soonish, so if this bothers anyone I can replace with a link pretty easily.

Vindicatrix

Part One
    Part Two
    Part Three

A/N

e: also I would recommend this as listening material.
    Last edited by Kassiopeia; 01-30-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Idiosyncratic Rats slakensColin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graven_Image View Post
    Well.

Steve hasn't spoken of him before, but now that you mention it, Herobrine might just have a place in the story. I wasn't thinking about it before now, but it's a piece that fits nicely into the puzzle. Thanks!
    Hurrah! Im glad i could help

Also; Oh Tim and your arbitrary skepticism.

Edit//
    @Kassiopeia
    I dont know if i should feel bad for Eridan or hate him.
    Wonderful story though!
    Last edited by slakensColin; 01-30-2011 at 08:42 PM.
    looking through a diamond back in time
    i still remember we were lovers then
    before the meeting of the minds
    i still remember we were lover then
    (I am going to get this album the moment it is released)

has no memory of this place Wigmund's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Kass...that was amazing!
    Tumblr | Deviantart | AO3

It's been a while since I poked around here...

Screw: LPOS

On the subject of text colors: I agree that you generally shouldn't need it. I've used it when I wanted to do specific 4th-wall painting, like in Born From Madness, and during some times when I wanted rapid dialog without any tags. But keep in mind that some of the colors are actually kind of hard to read (coughDocScratchcough); same with typing quirks.

Get the cool shoe shine. ToreaderTornado's Avatar

More collaborative shenanigans!

Thanks to Katrika (Sollux, Equius and Nepeta), WhichDoctor (Kanaya), and MayorSillyBiscuits (Karkat and Vriska). I was Eridan.

Eridan's Diary: Entry 3541

My sig-quotes:

Took me about a year to notice the typo. How long did it take you?

I just don't understand how you people are so good when it comes to writing dialogue for all these trolls. I'm currently working on my own homestuck fic but can't write dialogue at all. Do any of you have any tips for writing for a semi-new fic writer?

Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast