MSPA Forums
Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262 ... LastLast

Thread: MSPA Fanfiction V: We're Going to Need More Wands

Re: MSPA Fanfiction V: We're Going to Need More Wands

Quote Originally Posted by SeptimusMagistos View Post
    CAT: i ALSO AGREE, aCTUALLY,
    CAC: :33 < *ac would also like to take a moment to compliment tavros’s handle*
    [B]
    Oh, god, that one killed me

Oh looky here
    is this?

GENDERBENT - part 2

Author's notes

Quote Originally Posted by MayorSillyBiscuits View Post
    Oh looky here
    is this?

GENDERBENT - part 2

Author's notes
    OH MY JOB YOU HORRIBLE WRITER WITH YOUR NEFARIOUS SELF-INSERTION YOU
    HOW COULD YOU
    But yeah, this is going great. I like how the the dynamic shift between between Sollux and Aradia (or, uh, Geddon and whatever twotimedAngel's name was) results in less of a FLIP THE FUCK OUT like it did in Hivebent.

BUT WAIT
    THERE'S CRITICISM!
    From what we've heard from Karkat (CG: HOW IS THAT EVEN A THING), sexual orientation is a complete non-concept in troll society- so much that there are no words to describe it and the notion that gender would have any effect on the possibility of a romantic relationship in any quadrant is alien and shocking to them. In that light, the conversation between Drakon and *the fierce lion* male AC sort of doesn't make any sense.

But the fact that Vriska is now named Vizzini's a Bitch makes up for everything forever. I am giving you so many thumbs up right now. All the thumbs. All of them. Which. Uh.
    Okay that's just two thumbs, so it's more of a "both of them" thing. BUT REMEMBER HOW TWO THUMBS UP IS SUPER GOOD? It is, it is.
    Here is my Tumblr and here is my Dangan Ronpa forum adventure and honestly both of those are pretty interesting you should check them out.

@SpacetimeCounselor
    The thing is if I had only changed genders it wouldn't change too much really.
    So I made sexuality actually matter in this, as to provide decent drama.

Watches you and hungers Wigmund's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by morpheoMancer View Post
    I can't believe no one's commented on this one yet. All of the characters sound in-character for the most part, and the rest of the time they're so cute I don't care :3 . You're turning me into a polyamorous shipper, Wigmund.
    Sorry I missed this compliment earlier. But thank you, I have a hard time writing people 'in-character' because I take an aspect of their personality and act it out in my head, so I end up corrupting it

If people feel like pointing out where I go horribly off, feel free to. Can't improve unless I told what I screwed up on.

To make this post not just a question I could have PM'd, I will do something stutid like some kind of attention-whoring fuckass or such and complain that the latest Homekrigg Geniusstuck got pagebottom'd on page 9 and ignored.

COMPLAAAAAAAAIIINT

EDIT: Oh or to be more on-topic, Wigmund I have been waiting for a fic that explores what happens in paradoxical doomed timelines for a while. I know you have lots of experience in killing off trolls, so I can't wait to see where this goes.
    Last edited by -Benedict; 02-02-2011 at 03:44 PM.
    Here is my Tumblr and here is my Dangan Ronpa forum adventure and honestly both of those are pretty interesting you should check them out.

@spacetimeCounselor
    It will affect kismesistude barely at all.
    Because it is more based on hatred, so same sex kismesisitude is actually quite common, like rivals are often the same gender.
    Moirails gender doesn't matter too much because again, no real romance in that besides keeping the other from endangering others or themselves.
    Auspistice is something I have never really understood, so I am still winging it.

Quote Originally Posted by sebastian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SeptimusMagistos View Post
    CAT: i ALSO AGREE, aCTUALLY,
    CAC: :33 < *ac would also like to take a moment to compliment tavros’s handle*
    [B]
    Oh, god, that one killed me
    In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, I saw a variation of that joke in the chat thread a long while back.

However, I do take full credit for bringing it back to the masses.
    Fan Fiction:

@SC: You attention-whoring fuckass. For the record though, Homekrigg Genisstuck is one of my favorites. Keep it up!
    Last edited by apocalypticCritic; 02-02-2011 at 03:47 PM.
    Quotes

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by spacetimeCounselor View Post
    EDIT: Oh or to be more on-topic, Wigmund I have been waiting for a fic that explores what happens in paradoxical doomed timelines for a while. I know you have lots of experience in killing off trolls, so I can't wait to see where this goes.
    Wuh? Septimus wrote the fic with the doomed timeline. I wrote the cutesy Jade-Karkat pesterlog.

Pronouns
    [none]

on the subject of attention-whoring fuckasses

Hey all, not to distract from the genderswapping, but concerning the earlier bout of rainbow drinkers, I thought I'd crosspost my own take on the theme, Kanaya the Rainbow Drinker Slayer, since it's pretty quiet in its own thread at the moment. Episode 3 should probably be up sometime later today, perhaps followed by some oneshots for practicing my Terezi.

Quote Originally Posted by Wigmund View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spacetimeCounselor View Post
    Wuh? Septimus wrote the fic with the doomed timeline. I wrote the cutesy Jade-Karkat pesterlog.
    guh?

*facepalm*
    MORON MORON MORON

brb gotta read your thing

EDIT: FURGLGOORGLGLUH HOW DID I MISS THAT
    That is completely adorable in all the ways. You win.
    CG: WHAT...I...OH MY...

Also SeptimusMagistos I am sorry for failing to properly accredit you when commenting on your fic. Hopefully you're at least half as good as Wigmund at hilariously killing off trolls. Given your track record though I still expect super awesomes.
    Last edited by -Benedict; 02-02-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Eventually I think there will be proper narration. For now, have another pesterlogue:

Last edited by SeptimusMagistos; 02-02-2011 at 06:24 PM.
    Fan Fiction:

Absolutely yes wonderful. AND THEN PRESUMABLY DIE FROM INHALING SOME CHEMICALS OR SOMETHING BECAUSE COME ON HE MIGHT BE THE BARD OF RAGE BUT HE’S STILL GAMZEE FOR FUCK’S SAKE. And multiple altcolored future Daves tripping all over the wicked sweet progress. Septimus, if I have not made clear that pesterlogs are my favorite fics, I should do that now, because they are. And Equius Zahhak rapping is always one of the many best things in the category of best things associated with Homestuck.

Man, good job everyone! I would submit some of my own stuff, but I put a hold on MSPA-Fanfics to start working on a few other writing projects. I'm hoping to join the party once we get some more plot across and I actually find some idea I'd like to work on.

Anyway, keep up the great work guys. Or just keep on keepin' on, if that's your cup of tea.
    Fanfiction

Tumblr - For Those Searching Enlightenment Only!

See you later, Embargo!
    My Fanfiction:
    A Hand in Holding Hands, Аn Аshen Fanfic - Completed, several chapters of content and the rest of commentary.

Stuckhome
    Chapter 1-In Which Twelve Kids Plan to Play a Game

Last edited by penguinbound; 02-02-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Cry for the Cat's Eye Stormrunner's Avatar

Second fiction I've written about Homestuck. Linking offsite due to blood and the length...oh god the length.
    I plan to write this in a few parts to fill in the blank on a few things. Writing it in both John and Karkat's perspective should do it, but I may throw in some points from others as well.

Takes place in the Troll session not long after Terezi tried to revive Tavros.
    A bit of a surprise from Gamzee, Eridan causing some havoc, and learning where Vriska gets the material to make her webs (seriously how does she do that?).

This one is Vriska centric, and for now the title is Deserve until I think of something better.

I hope if you take the time to read this you will enjoy. Thank you .

So I've come up with another chapter. Obviously this one takes place a little later in the timeline.

Chapter 3: Fearful Symmetry

Last edited by SeptimusMagistos; 02-02-2011 at 09:31 PM.
    Fan Fiction:

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrunner View Post
    I hope if you take the time to read this you will enjoy. Thank you .
    I have never felt more fulfilled reading a really long fic.

That was awesome.

@Kerensky: Sorry about all the "un-twists." It just seemed that, to me, each of the characters that did the accusing would've wanted to pursue their lines of thinking for as long as they did. :P

But whatever. Thanks for even bothering with my bull-crap.
    In dedication to Nepeta Leijon: The best meowrail anyone could ask for
    AO3 Tindeck Tumblr

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Stormrunner, you've set my headcanon on how Vriska will be redeemed. And you made me sniffly.

Septimus, you're awesome. HoNk )

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Doodled View Post
    @Kerensky: Sorry about all the "un-twists." It just seemed that, to me, each of the characters that did the accusing would've wanted to pursue their lines of thinking for as long as they did. :P

Your writing isn't bullcrap at all! My point about the untwists is twofold:

1) People don't like being dicked around. Imagine if, in recent Homestuck updates, Karkat had successfully revived Kanaya for some reason, and then a day or two later Andrew returned to that point and had Eridan come back and kill her again before she even did anything. People would be pissed, and not in a good way. Changing the tone is good, especially if it adds tension, but changing it right back makes it feel a little pointless.
    2) People don't actually THINK that way in real life. Quick example, using your fic: a murderer's on the loose, Terezi captures Nepeta in a web and pulls a knife on her... and then goes haha, jokes. Nepeta's not going to just go "Thank goodness!" She's just going to fucking suspect Terezi, either of being the murderer or of just being unstable. Likewise, when Nep sees Karkat in a pool of red and then discovers that he was just crying, she's going to still be in the "Karkat's in danger" mindset and overreact a little, one way or another.

As usual, don't take my criticism as a sign that I don't like the fic! If anything, take it as a good sign. Would I really spend this much time responding if I thought your fic had no potential?

Side note: the reason I was originally going to post here was just to say that I don't have time to post tonight, but I'll do an extra-long one tomorrow because I've got a day off of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerensky287 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodled View Post

1) People don't like being dicked around. Imagine if, in recent Homestuck updates, Karkat had successfully revived Kanaya for some reason, and then a day or two later Andrew returned to that point and had Eridan come back and kill her again before she even did anything. People would be pissed, and not in a good way. Changing the tone is good, especially if it adds tension, but changing it right back makes it feel a little pointless.
    2) People don't actually THINK that way in real life. Quick example, using your fic: a murderer's on the loose, Terezi captures Nepeta in a web and pulls a knife on her... and then goes haha, jokes. Nepeta's not going to just go "Thank goodness!" She's just going to fucking suspect Terezi, either of being the murderer or of just being unstable. Likewise, when Nep sees Karkat in a pool of red and then discovers that he was just crying, she's going to still be in the "Karkat's in danger" mindset and overreact a little, one way or another.

As usual, don't take my criticism as a sign that I don't like the fic! If anything, take it as a good sign. Would I really spend this much time responding if I thought your fic had no potential?
    1. Thanks for pointing that out. I never even noticed it, since the mood swings sorta felt right, or something derp-headed like that. :P

2. Yeah... I guess hesitation and guilt over the sudden switch of feelings wasn't exactly the same as what moods should've been maintained...

Ah well. Thanks for the comments and criticism!

Also,

@Septimus: YES! HELL YE- *continues*
    Last edited by Doodled; 02-03-2011 at 12:08 AM.
    In dedication to Nepeta Leijon: The best meowrail anyone could ask for
    AO3 Tindeck Tumblr

Septimus, that was great! It gives me hope for the future.