MSPA Forums
Page 78 of 101 FirstFirst ... 28687576777879808188 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2516

Thread: MSPA Fanfiction V: We're Going to Need More Wands

Herp of Derp
    The Land of Earthquakes and Plastic Surgery

Re: MSPA Fanfiction V: We're Going to Need More Wands

Hello, everybody! I was wondering if people here were open to suggestions/requests for topics. I've had a few ideas that intrigued me but my job's crazy hours and my poor writing skills have basically prevented me from doing anything with them, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

@Irate: I'm not much good at proper stories, but I'm always open to songfic suggestions. If there's a song you'd like to see rewritten to be about Homestuck, let me know and I'll see if I can do anything with it.
    Chumhandle: ceruleanTresses

Stuff I done wrote

Ancestor Mindfang fic.

Untitled Problem Sleuth-ish Fics: 1 2 3 4 5
    The Sapphire of Alternia: Parts 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Ep On Ao3 SoA Gaiden: 1 2 3
    ConsortQuest: 1
    Other Stuff: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Quote Originally Posted by IrateRapScallion View Post
    Hello, everybody! I was wondering if people here were open to suggestions/requests for topics. I've had a few ideas that intrigued me but my job's crazy hours and my poor writing skills have basically prevented me from doing anything with them, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
    I'm definitely open to suggestions. It always lets me try out something new.
    Strider brothers fics (many thanks go to egregiousBass for compiling them):

Sionnan @ AoOO | Years in the Past (but not many)- A Homestuck RP

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Groovester View Post
    Ancestor Mindfang fic.

I liked it, despite the talkative Doc Scratch (who is still pretty damn manipulative.) And I agree with the color tags. Half the time I spend on a fic is dicking around with the color tags.
    Fanfiction

Tumblr - For Those Searching Enlightenment Only!

So I get back from my day of RL interrupting me and find that Kass has killed Andrew and taken his place. And that I'm 0kay with that. I tried to explain this new development to a friend but for some reason they did not believe me!

@Jim Groovester: "In a sense, you already have." Heheh.
    My Fanfiction:
    A Hand in Holding Hands, Аn Аshen Fanfic - Completed, several chapters of content and the rest of commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by SkaianRedeemer View Post
    So I get back from my day of RL interrupting me and find that Kass has killed Andrew and taken his place.
    /innocent face

Abomination Unto Nature Red Pen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SeptimusMagistos View Post
    So hey, I just found out We're All Doomed made it into recommended pages on TV Tropes.

For the last three years it has been one of my life goals to have something I write make it onto Tv Tropes.

This is a happy moment for me.
    Congratulations, your fic definitely deserved it!

(I am also happy today because as of this update the character interactions in Unhinged are just slightly more canon, and that is a wonderful thing for an SSDD shipper like me.)
    Last edited by Red Pen; 02-22-2011 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Pen View Post
    (I am also happy today because as of this update the character interactions in Unhinged are just slightly more canon, and that is a wonderful thing for an SSDD shipper like me.)
    Yeah, I suspected you too, along with Path in a manner of speaking, so perhaps we still have a mystery on our hands! *deals Clue cards*
    My Fanfiction:
    A Hand in Holding Hands, Аn Аshen Fanfic - Completed, several chapters of content and the rest of commentary.

Herp of Derp

Quote Originally Posted by ceruleanTresses View Post
    @Irate: I'm not much good at proper stories, but I'm always open to songfic suggestions. If there's a song you'd like to see rewritten to be about Homestuck, let me know and I'll see if I can do anything with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sionnan View Post

I'm definitely open to suggestions. It always lets me try out something new.
    Cool, thanks! I apologize if any of these have been covered, but I haven't had the time to go back and read everything you obscenely productive people create. Just this thread alone is daunting and there's 4 more? Yikes.

So my ideas are really questions about how various mechanics of SBurb would effect people with certain beliefs or predilections:
    1. A committed pacifist ends up playing SBurb. How does he deal with a world where he is expected and encouraged to kill intelligent beings for money and power? Does he throw away his beliefs and play normally? Or does he attempt to resolve all his conflicts, from the first imp onwards, with meaningful dialog and mutual understanding? Can such a tactic even work, and if so, for how long? What happens if/when he ends up holding the rest of his team back? Would it really be possible to beat the entire game through sheer pulchritude alone?
    2. A True Believer ends up playing SBurb. Which religion isn't important, the important thing is this person knows the Truth and is very comfortable in that knowledge. How does he cope with the idea that everything he was raised to believe in and hold sacred is thrown right back in his face as garbage? How does he handle having his worldview ripped to shreds with what one would consider irrefutable evidence?
    3. A Machine/Artificial Intelligence ends up playing SBurb. If there's tons of universes out there then surely there must be one with machine or artificial intelligence sophisticated enough to qualify as sentience. Do the players of SBurb or other universes' equivalent game have to be organic life or is merely sentience required to play? If one does get in, how would it react? How does it deal with the existence of something as illogical as magic? What if it ends up having to become a magic user like Rose? (Yes, Watson on Jeopardy was partially responsible for this idea.)

Those are the 3 situations that have been bouncing around my brain for a little while. I would be thrilled if anybody would be willing to delve into any of the three, or combine them into a team for maximum challenge! There are other smaller idea bouncing around in my head too, like an OCD challenged player who is trying to cope with SBurb being the biggest routine disruption ever (in the Land of Sidewalk Cracks and Disorganization?)

Thanks regardless everybody for being such entertaining people. You've kept me from boredom at work many a time.
    Last edited by IrateRapScallion; 02-22-2011 at 12:54 AM.

3. A Machine/Artificial Intelligence ends up playing SBurb. If there's tons of universes out there then surely there must be one with machine or artificial intelligence sophisticated enough to qualify as sentience. Do the players of SBurb or other universes' equivalent game have to be organic life or is merely sentience required to play? If one does get in, how would it react? How does it deal with the existence of something as illogical as magic? What if it ends up having to become a magic user like Rose? (Yes, Watson on Jeopardy was partially responsible for this idea.)
    AM from I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream plays Sburb with his survivorsplaythings and through the course of it all maybe, just maybe they manage to earn back their humanity. And then, even the heartless computers can learn to love.

Haha, just kidding. Somehow Sburb makes their lots in lifevery existences even shittier.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterly View Post
    EDIT: KAGE POST NO JUTSU~!

:P Sorry.

Please delete.
    Oops, sorry, forgot that rule. My mistake, the post is gone!
    If romart people want to draw me, my character is here! Done by TimeChaser, thanks a ton!

Quote Originally Posted by Cathartes View Post
    EDIT: KAGE POST NO JUTSU~!

:P Sorry.

Please delete.
    I forgot the MSPA forums gave users the ability to delete their own posts.

And I forgot.

Quite embarrassing really.

the thing is, everyone who plays Sburb was MADE by Sburb. it would of taken into account everything and would of known that the pacifist would be there because it MADE him. so if he drops the pacifist attitude then it would of know he would, if he doesn't then it know he would do that too.
    same with the believer and the AI, it would of known exactly how they would act and tailored itself for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathartes View Post

I forgot the MSPA forums gave users the ability to delete their own posts.

And I forgot.

Quite embarrassing really.
    It seems we can be embarrassed together, then. Accidental necroposting is simply mortifying.
    If romart people want to draw me, my character is here! Done by TimeChaser, thanks a ton!

AM from I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream plays Sburb with his survivorsplaythings and through the course of it all maybe, just maybe they manage to earn back their humanity. And then, even the heartless computers can learn to love.

Haha, just kidding. Somehow Sburb makes their lots in lifevery existences even shittier.
    ...now I have a vision of AM giving his speech, and realizing it could be interpreted as the words of strong kismesis feelings to a troll.

AM: Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant. For you. Hate. Hate.

CG: DUDE, I DON'T EVEN FUCKING KNOW YOU!
    Last edited by Nox; 02-22-2011 at 02:25 AM.
    EVERYTHING I TOUCH TURNS TO GRIMDARK!

Herp of Derp

Quote Originally Posted by starburst98 View Post
    the thing is, everyone who plays Sburb was MADE by Sburb. it would of taken into account everything and would of known that the pacifist would be there because it MADE him. so if he drops the pacifist attitude then it would of know he would, if he doesn't then it know he would do that too.
    same with the believer and the AI, it would of known exactly how they would act and tailored itself for them.
    I don't know if Sburb tailoring itself for the person really the point of interest here. There's this super in-depth analysis this guy wrote in a reddit thread that I happen to agree with (if you're interested read the ones by disconcision, though I quoted the most relevant passage below) where he examines the idea that the planets that the players arrive on are meant to further the development of the players as people. Now that I reread it he actually gives credit to somebody on these forums for pointing it out, haha. The thing is, how does one develop as a person? Would Sburb try to impress on the pacifist a degree of moral flexibility, or is it challenging him to reinforce his belief by forging it through the fires of adversity? After all, it can be pretty easy to be a pacifist in places like the USA where you can go a whole lifetime without really having to put those principles to the test. As with most stories, it is all about the journey, not the destination.

Probably more important, however, is not what Sburb wants the player to do but rather how the player reacts, and if he decides to take the hint. As the reddit post points out somebody here noticed that many trolls completely failed to learn from their place of arrival. I'm just going to quote the relevant part because I'm lazy...

So personally if I were to write something looking at any of these hypothetical situations, the topic I would be most interested in would be the players and how they handle their personal quandaries, what those quandaries are, and whether or not they are able to become more mature, better people. They don't necessarily have to achieve these goals, as the trolls showed. The trolls still won, despite their obtuseness. They were successful and would have gone to the kids' universe if not for the actions of the kids themselves.

Also, I would just find a logical machine trying to understand the bizarre illogical world that is SBurb to be rather entertaining to read. It's silly, I know.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nox View Post
    ...now I have a vision of AM giving his speech, and realizing it could be interpreted as the words of strong kismesis feelings to a troll.

AM: Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant. For you. Hate. Hate.

CG: DUDE, I DON'T EVEN FUCKING KNOW YOU!
    This cracks me up so much I have lost the words to properly describe it. Good show.
    Last edited by IrateRapScallion; 02-22-2011 at 02:33 AM.

Comrade of Anonymity anonymousComrade's Avatar

This chapter of Crossing Over, I think, is quickly turning out to be the worst thing I've written

Seriously, this shit just doesn't ever fucking end, and I'm still not done

There's no real conflict and no real danger, it's formulaic as hell, I've rewritten this part three times and it still doesn't satisfy me

The entire thing just needs a rewrite from the ground up, really

And yet I'm posting this shit anyway.

Crossing Over: Chapter 12c

Notes:
    What am I doing, I'm not a writer, I'm garbage

AO3 | tumblr
    Pesterchum: anonymousComrade

Pronouns
    [none]

Episode 4: Kanaya the Rainbow Drinker Slayer passes the Bechdel Test practically non-stop.

Kismesis: the Snake, chapter 2, the Owl is up.

I Believe in You, Narwhals! smerker's Avatar

ceruleanTresses, would you please write someone singing"Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man" from Showboat? It's stuck in my head.
    Sigquotes:

Troubadour of Can Town X15lm204's Avatar

@Megafire: Use <>

When HTML reads that it will replace it with .

Also useful for things like Nepeta's quirk; you can use &lt; to keep the HTML from being confused by <. AO3 will usually replace > with &gt; on its own, but if you can spare the time and/or have a good find and replace function it helps to do it yourself.
    I lurk in the dark, and am likely to be eaten by a grue.
    Fanfics: (AO3!)

Quote Originally Posted by smerker View Post
    ceruleanTresses, would you please write someone singing"Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man" from Showboat? It's stuck in my head.
    I shall see what I can do.

(If I can make it work, though, it'll be a few hours--I have class until 4 starting in about 5 minutes.)
    Last edited by ceruleanTresses; 02-22-2011 at 09:04 AM.
    Chumhandle: ceruleanTresses

Stuff I done wrote

Quote Originally Posted by X15lm204 View Post
    @Megafire: Use &lt;&gt;

When HTML reads that it will replace it with .

Also useful for things like Nepeta's quirk; you can use &lt; to keep the HTML from being confused by <. AO3 will usually replace > with &gt; on its own, but if you can spare the time and/or have a good find and replace function it helps to do it yourself.
    Thank you.