MSPA Forums
Page 39 of 101 FirstFirst ... 29363738394041424989 ... LastLast

Thread: MSPA Fanfiction V: We're Going to Need More Wands

Re: MSPA Fanfiction V: We're Going to Need More Wands

@Path: Oh, damn. Some of those errors are pretty awful. 'Shaked'? Nice going, Jim. Once I finished writing it I decided to switch the tense from present to past (since I've gotten in the habit of writing in the present from Sapphire of Alternia), and apparently I did a terrible job of proofreading.

Thanks for pointing those out. It's not rude at all; in fact, I appreciate it.
    Untitled Problem Sleuth-ish Fics: 1 2 3 4 5
    The Sapphire of Alternia: Parts 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Ep On Ao3 SoA Gaiden: 1 2 3
    ConsortQuest: 1
    Other Stuff: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Quote Originally Posted by X15lm204 View Post
    @cT: I didn't mean that I'd done a bad job - I'm rather proud of it, really - just that I feel like I need to shower just from the concept alone, let alone the actual act of writing it.
    You HAVE to put it in the Voice Acting thread. I have never wanted anything quite as much as I want to hear that voiced.

Also, Erifantine's "i hoped a hope" is incoming. Finishing that is my project for tomorrow, since I got sidetracked by "Spider8itch" today.
    Last edited by ceruleanTresses; 02-11-2011 at 12:10 AM.
    Chumhandle: ceruleanTresses

Stuff I done wrote

Quote Originally Posted by ceruleanTresses View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerodactylus View Post
    So...I'm just gonna leave this here. Jumping on the crossover bandwagon.

At the "meeeem" part, I realized what this was, and I flipped. SO AWESOME.

Edit: Oh god the chumhandles are so perfect. I am pretty sure that you selected literally the best possible chumhandles out of the entire English language.
    Oh man, I'm glad you like it. The handles were actually pretty easy, although reluctantPrince was kind of a stroke of genius.

Rooted Drifter/Prince of Void PumpkinMan's Avatar
    Right behind you... no, a bit to the left.

Animorphs? Hope you continue this, it looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinMan View Post
    Animorphs? Hope you continue this, it looks good.
    I'm glad you liked it, but it was a one time thing. If I was going to write it, I would want it to be funny, and I am terrible at writing funny things.

So hey, I tried to write something. I hope it isn't complete fail.

Shooterstuck: Chapter 1: WHAT IT MEANS

Quote Originally Posted by SkaianRedeemer View Post
    Thanks Miss Prince, that does help. Kanaya's line should probably be... let's think here... I'll go more direct. Reformatting the lines there and about:

GA: I Suppose If Genuine They Would Have Made Useful Allies Since They Would Have Been Able To Infiltrate The Fleet Ahead Of Us
    GA: But The Princess Was Willing To Account For Our Feelings When It Came To Our Personal Lives
    GA: Highly Unusual Of Her But
    GA: Appreciated
    Yeah, that's much clearer. Thumbs up!

@pretty much everyone - You are all amazing and I wish I had time to actually go back and respond to everything individually. Alas, free time is at a premium, so I'll have to settle for generalized "HEY GUYS YOU'RE AWESOME".

Also, I bring storeez. Chapter 3 of Candlelight and Clockwork ahoy.

Previous Chapters:

Chapter 1: Rose
    Chapter 2: Dave

Candlelight, Clockwork & the Evening Breeze

Notes
    Last edited by PingZing; 02-11-2011 at 01:28 AM.
    Fanfiction (Or visit my Ao3 Account.)
    Candlelight and Clockwork: Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4 | Epilogue
    Hot Blooded: 01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19
    grafted to machines your creators did not understand

Yeah, just going to echo what X15 hinted at by reminding everyone that A03's down for six hours minimum tomorrow, so don't nobody go rolling out any big plans for the place from six to midnight UTC.

PingZing: Still adorable, still in character, and of course, you get the gold star for being the first person I've seen in four threads actually give Dave a southern accent, or at least the first person after I forgot. By the way, "I owe you one." is missing its colour tag, I know they're pests to find.
    My Fanfiction:
    A Hand in Holding Hands, Аn Аshen Fanfic - Completed, several chapters of content and the rest of commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by SkaianRedeemer View Post
    PingZing: Still adorable, still in character, and of course, you get the gold star for being the first person I've seen in four threads actually give Dave a southern accent, or at least the first person after I forgot. By the way, "I owe you one." is missing its colour tag, I know they're pests to find.
    Argh, thank you. Fixed. And yeah, virtually my entire family is from Texas. Made it hard not to include, really.

Oh, also, since it's on my mind! I intended to read your HiHH preview critically, got sucked into the story and wound up just enjoying it. So uh, take from that what you will. I didn't have a hard time following the WAS, but I actually enjoy that whenever it crops up with regards to the trolls, so there you go.

Which is, incidentally, the primary reason I've been so reluctant to write them. Hm.
    Fanfiction (Or visit my Ao3 Account.)
    Candlelight and Clockwork: Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4 | Epilogue
    Hot Blooded: 01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19
    grafted to machines your creators did not understand

@Jim Groovester I am loving the Sapphire of Alternia. It's one of the best fics I've read in a while, and it has Problem Sleuth!

I'm hoping for a cameo of everyone's beloved unkillable final boss. Hope he'll make an apperance.

And now here's another short fanfic, this time with the kids.

Fridays

MY CHILDHOOD ALSO

Quote Originally Posted by Portalboat View Post
    So hey, I tried to write something. I hope it isn't complete fail.

Shooterstuck: Chapter 1: WHAT IT MEANS
    This is not fail at all. This is complete win, and I am happy to be a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by PingZing View Post
    Candlelight, Clockwork & the Evening Breeze
    Business as usual for you, PZ. Cute, in-character, and downright hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by battlerek View Post
    Fridays

Hah! I love how this one starts to fold in on itself after the first few paragraphs. You read it, and it sloooowly gets more and more complex. Nice job.
    Fanfics (There's a bunch):

On a mudball in the unfashionable arm of the milky way

I've got this idea rattling about in my skull for Battletech/homestuck crossover. I'm not quite sure that I'm able to write Clan characters convincingly (I really need to get those source books) but I have a reasonably good idea of them, and a few character ideas.

ViridianEyas (A Truebirth of Clan Jade Falcon, of the Mechwarrior phenotype,from a Buhallin-Hazen sibko. He still hasn't had his Trial of Position, like everyone else here, but you wouldn't guess it by how he postures. I'm thinking he'd butt heads with a haemospectrum obsessed aristocrat troll, who'd treat him like, well, someone lower on the blood ladder than him; having not figured out that he's not dealing with a troll. Crusader and very truebirth supremacist. In other words, a massive jerk, like, well.. the rest of his clan. His SBurb title is Hero of Caste.)

AbyssalEquine (Freebirth of Clan Hells Horses, Elemental Phenotype. Chats from his Freebirth Sibko, bit more of a pleasant person to talk to than the previous guy. Politically, he's a Warden, like much of the lower echelons of that clan. He gets along surprisingly well with VE, given their differences. SBurb title: Foe of Chaos)

ParahMongrel (Truebirth Mechwarrior of Clan Wolf-In-Exile. Better known as the girl who VE hates almost as much as Haemospectrum troll. Warden, like her clan. Something of a snarker, at least by clan reckoning. Likes stirring VE into a frothing rage and does so regularly and with great skill.)

FacetedCartilaginous (Technician Caste of Clan Diamond Shark, AKA L33T Chatterweb skills guy. He's already shown great prowess in making the Chatterweb [Clanner internet] do exactly what he wants. Hated by VE, especially after an incident where, after being insulted by him, VE's entire sibkos' Chatterweb access went down for a week. No one can pin anything on him for that incident. But everyone's fairly certain who's responsible. The time player in their session.)

SpectralUrsine (Clan Ghost Bear, Truebirth Warrior Caste, Elemental phenotype. Better known as the Inner Sphere nerd. Spends as much time possible finding out everything about the Inner sphere that he can [read "Is allowed".] Doesn't get along well with VE.)

FlaringNeko (Clan Nova Cat, Aerospace phenotype. Aka, the wierdo. Not many of this group like her. VE because she's from a abjured clan and a traitor to the clans in his eyes, everyone else because she's... wellll...out there. Always trying to relate some vision to everyone else. SU and PM humor her. Everyone else tries to block her. Ironically, Haemo-troll treats her and FC with the most respect, much to VE's fury.
    Last edited by Jeep-Eep; 02-11-2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Noob flailing
    No gods! No kings!
    Freedom Though Technology!

I am not a libertarian. Nor am I an objectivist. Just to make that matter clear.

standing around being psionic Path's Avatar

@battlerek - I like this on the condition that I block out the idea of Jade having a "local community". :P
    (Oh Rose, I think you're wonderful.)
    Midnight City Stories (Problem Sleuth/Midnight Crew/Felt crossovers on AO3)
    =DeviantArt=

Path C20710

I got ideas for continuation of my SlickFic that I wrote the other day. And I think I've settled on a title for what I hope to be an on going AU. "White Pin"

So without further bullshitting from me:

White Pin Chapter 2: Antlion

Notes:

Comrade of Anonymity anonymousComrade's Avatar

Welp, I've got the itch to write again

I don't want to give away the whole idea but I guess I could say it's being vaguely inspired by a bit of copypasta that goes around on /v/ occasionally, a series of posts made in a Homestuck thread on /co/ last night, and also a thought I had on how getting the trolls or kids to the other group's session could either work or fail spectacularly

Also it's kind of an excuse to write yet another sappy Karkat/Terezi scene! I think it's time I admitted I have a problem

Also also I kind of hope it doesn't become canon in the way it's unfolding in my head, but certain bits of recent updates could foreshadow it I suppose? It would be kind of a cop-out! But I think I would be okay with it, in the end

Enough about my rambling, I probably ought to start actually writing the damn thing

Stay tuned
    What am I doing, I'm not a writer, I'm garbage

AO3 | tumblr
    Pesterchum: anonymousComrade

Pronouns
    ey/em/eirs

Oh jegus some ideas... I'm gonna toss a few out there and see what people think/if anyone even recognizes what I'm talking about. Nothing's done yet, just... I have ideas, okay?

EDIT:

*cough*

ii diidn't know ii'd love you 2o muc)(
    Last edited by Rimbaum; 02-11-2011 at 02:14 PM. Reason: oh sweet jegus what did I do?

I know I haven't been in here much, but I'm hankering to do some writing. If anybody wants to throw out some ideas for fic's they'd like to see written, I'd like to give writing them a shot. 8D
    Strider brothers fics (many thanks go to egregiousBass for compiling them):

Sionnan @ AoOO | Years in the Past (but not many)- A Homestuck RP

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep-Eep View Post
    Battletech crossover

Quote Originally Posted by Sionnan View Post
    I know I haven't been in here much, but I'm hankering to do some writing. If anybody wants to throw out some ideas for fic's they'd like to see written, I'd like to give writing them a shot. 8D
    I always though it'd be good to see a fic where Jack Noir finally gets a decent one-liner.
    "Just killing some Time."
    (show him your stabs, Jack!)
    And then reactions.
    Am I a terrible person?

(I dunno, is this fic material??? I'm gonna go lurk forever now.)
    Awesome signature load failed. Loading backup signature instead.

3000 punches of NaP!

Do something horrifying with Karkat and Jack.

Alternatively, something with Nepeta and her John?Dersite ship...

Quote Originally Posted by NotAPumpkin View Post
    I always though it'd be good to see a fic where Jack Noir finally gets a decent one-liner.
    "Just killing some Time."
    (show him your stabs, Jack!)
    And then reactions.
    Am I a terrible person?

(I dunno, is this fic material??? I'm gonna go lurk forever now.)
    I did a fic like that back in thread IV, where he shot one off at Bro right before he took off. Here it is.

Edit: also, hmmm. Karkat and Jack. Well, define horrifying, I guess? Though I wouldn't mind doing some examination of Jack's stabbity stab stab tendencies hanging around Karkat.
    Strider brothers fics (many thanks go to egregiousBass for compiling them):

Sionnan @ AoOO | Years in the Past (but not many)- A Homestuck RP

This is not for you. lucidSeraph's Avatar

HYPOTHETICAL TROLL GUARDIAN SHENANIGANS

STARRING ORPHANER DUALSCAR, WHO HAS ALL THE ROMANCE, ALL OF IT, ALSO ALL THE CONQUERING AND PLANETARY GENOCIDE, and couldn't be more embarrassed by his idiot grandson.

and this is why Eridan didn't get a letter, and also only got a copy of the Crosshairs rather than the real deal. Because damn son, you a disappointment.

I like to think that Orphaner Dualscar was kind of... a combination of Tony Stark and Old Spice Guy? With a dash of Captain Jack Sparrow in there for PIRACY.

Eridan of course can simply not compete.

@Rimbaum: Rimbaum...RIMBAUM. OH MY GOD. YEEEESSSSSS. You need to do Zydrate Anatomy, PLEASE. I'm BEGGING you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kassiopeia View Post
    I like to think that Orphaner Dualscar was kind of... a combination of Tony Stark and Old Spice Guy? With a dash of Captain Jack Sparrow in there for PIRACY.

Eridan of course can simply not compete.
    No, no he doesn't. In fact, I find it hard to believe ANYONE could.