MSPA Forums
Page 38 of 100 FirstFirst ... 28353637383940414888 ... LastLast

Thread: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

I like this idea; the problem would just be to make sure it's in a vaguely defined enough location that we can pop anybody in. Hivestems are cool as contained, realish communities where there are specific insiders, but this would be more of a casual social RP location, if I'm reading the mood right? We don't want anyone to feel like they can't have their trolls drop in.

EDIT: A virtual location might be a good idea, actually... like the GenChat here except on a troll forum. But interaction is fun too. *big shrug*

EDITEDIT: What about a realistic VR-type chat location, Second Life-style, but more solid? We know from FLARP that they have that kind of technology... we could handwave the details.
    Last edited by Altum; 02-05-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFrogSlash View Post
    Oh, but meany friend doesn't get to LEAVE! Thats a ridiculous idea!
    fffFUCKfs

Introvert of the Year SumiumOxide's Avatar

...I like designing trolls.
    This is getting a rewrite soon. Pay not attention to it.

Is that a robotic plant-troll?

Pronouns
    he/him/his

To steal from Marshmellow.... Troll Starbucks?

But it wouldn't take too much ingenuity to imagine some place like a bar or coffee shop or video-game arcade or what have you that's large enough to hold a bunch of trolls and public enough that comings and goings wouldn't be odd. Maybe it's just some big Troll Convention Center for the... Troll Convention. *shrugs*

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by SumiumOxide View Post

...I like designing trolls.
    But do your trolls like you designing them? Is this like, a plant-cyborg troll? Looks pretty interesting, if frightening.

And the other thing about a virtual location (sorry, my thoughts are coming out little by little today) is that it means trolls locked into other plots could drop by as long as they have a computer, and nobody could get too killed, which would keep things from getting too plotty. If people want to kill each other in real life they would need to meet up for real, and that would be a real plot with assumably its own thread or logs, so the casual social location could stay casual and social.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

So, like, Enter the Troll Matrix or something?

Sort of yeah! Maybe it should be a real outside-the-hive location people go to, but then all of them are virtually connected... every Trollbucks is REALLY the same Trollbucks. Either holograms moving around, or you go there, get into a sopor cocoon, and are connected by some kind of psionic organic technology to a big psychic network.

It wouldn't be an exclusive place to begin with. Something that operates in a very 'daytime' sort of fashion is what I'm thinking of. Troll Starbucks is a maybe...but it should definitely be a place like that. I was thinking something similar to a cafe-ish place that has some bar-like attributes from the start anyway.

A virtual location would be good, yes, but it lacks a little more of the direct troll-to-troll contact that would be more useful in figuring out how a character acts away from the screen. I want the point of this place to be the interaction, the getting to know people or having friends meet up without the worries of other stories to squish in on them.

I don't really see how a person troll be 'locked into' a certain story that would prevent them from coming in, unless the person is dead-set on keeping their character on a linear storyline. If that's the case...then it could be an internet cafe' sort of thing.

Forgive me if that makes little sense. I may be a little sporadic today.
    ♉ ♥ ♑ , ♊ ♥ ♋ . (♐ ♥ ♒?) ♈ ♥ ♊ .
    ♌ ♢ ♐.

Do you mean daytime in the human sense or the troll sense?

The interpersonal/physical interaction thing is why I suggested a VR/Matrix type deal, so they can interact even from a distance. The issue I see really is that if one person has a troll who lives in the middle of the desert and another troll lives underwater and another lives on top of a mountain, it's hard to come up with why they're in the same place.

EDIT: In any case, I think we probably don't want to make a big deal about either the technology or the rationale for being there, just handwave it and cut to the chase. Maybe it doesn't really need to be explicit and we can all make up our own explanations.
    Last edited by Altum; 02-05-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Well, I guess this begs the question: Does it really matter if there's a reason for any given character to be in this place? I mean, the Party thread isn't anywhere in particular but a bunch of characters just keep showing up, anyway. I kind of feel like in the land of, well, I guess OoC wouldn't be right, but a place meant to just develop characters and stuff probably doesn't need a huge grounding in reality. I guess the virtual thing is only important if some people really want to go on a murderous rampage? But that could really kill the kind of thread, anyway. I just don't think you have to think so hard about this.

Points I was going to raise myself.

It's not meant to be serious! Like the party thread, the 'how' of it's not what's important. It's the 'who' 's that are supposed to make the thing what it is. And if seriousness evolves from it, so be it, but it's not the purpose.

I say some of us get up and do this thing before we overthink this to death. All I'm puzzling over is the location itself and what it should be. Or, at the very least, a name.
    ♉ ♥ ♑ , ♊ ♥ ♋ . (♐ ♥ ♒?) ♈ ♥ ♊ .
    ♌ ♢ ♐.

Caustic When Disturbed inexplicableSigns's Avatar

I put my name vote for "TROLLSLUM: ENTER THE TROLLMATRIX." personally.
    Trolls
    [magneticKobold]-[facetiousDuality]-[sweetmeatSweetheart]

I have too many trolls to bother profiling and listing them all sorry.

Trollbucks: Cause Even Trolls Need Chatting and Coffee

That's my name suggestion
    Guess I'mma Spoiler Everything :T

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I think I'd have to vote for the Trollbucks, too. But maybe like "You cannot escape" or "El Grande Chat" or whatever sizes they have. I do not know.

TROLLSLUM CAFE: What the hell is a Venti

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellow View Post
    TROLLSLUM CAFE: What the hell is a Venti
    O_O
    it....it Rhymes...
    Thats so awesome....

I think the clearer the better--sometimes I think we focus on cool threads names over clarity of what the thread is for and where to post.

EDIT: I like Trollslum Cafe, it seems like it gets the idea across.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

If a noob can contribute, I think Trollbucks, "Venti Chattino" sounds fun.

Also talksprites?
    Better stretch my legs... Sure has been a while.
    twigwise.tumblr
    Steam Powered Fanmily Member

Good Point...Should the description be in the name?

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Cool chatterfaces, twinTempo!

Edit: And I suppose it wouldn't hurt to say something like "A place to just chat" or something in the title, but Altum has a point about not over-thinking it toomuch.

No, no, I am the one who overthinks it all the time full-time.

My vote is "Trollslum Cafe: A place to just chat" for optimum boring clarity. I think a good way to decide is that whoever takes the initiative and makes the thread gets to pick, though.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Then perhaps you should just take said initiative? :P It is a functional and serviceable title... and might be a good place for Salom and Vadosa to go to so we stop hijacking the Party thread. XD

U:\Humanoverse\Milkyway Galaxy\Sol System\ Earth\ United States\Maine
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

>Be the Guitarist

Your name is Arxus Haravat and you are completely blind.

You have been on this dreadful planet for roughly 7 and three quarters of a solar sweep. No, scratch that, exactly 7 and three quarters of a solar sweep. You know. You’ve been counting… You reside within an underground cavern filled with flowing underground streams. At least you think their streams, considering you can’t actually see them.

Your interests include mourning your existence, the existence of the horrors your fellow trolls call “modern art”, and…well, you pretty much mourn existence in general. Other than mourning, however, you enjoy thrashing out on your AXE, which is what you call your Guitar. You enjoy your Guitar so much, in fact, you have allocated it to your strife specibus, to create axekind. It’s an odd name for a Guitar-based specibus, but you’re cool with it.

Due to the blindness you were naturally born with, you tend to find your way around the cave systems using the sound of your axes. The art of echolocation was taught to you by your Batbeast lusus, a creature that never sees the light of day in its entire life. This has allowed you to tune your skills, and those skills have earned you a place as Guitarist in the troll band HEAVY METROLL.

Your place on the hemospectrum is completely unknown to you, considered you have never seen yourself bleed, and never let anybody else see you bleed. You assume that it is something extremely low on the hemospectrum, considering that High-bloods wouldn’t be born blind. Due to this lack of blood-color understanding, you type in the default black color (most of the time).

Your trollTag is abysmalGaze and You fail to see what the point of quirks are… Although, in hindsight, you apparently still use them…

Last edited by avidGamer; 02-13-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Am I Kawaii? (´・ω・`) KawaiiMelon's Avatar

Can someone make me an Alterniabound closeup for for my troll? Specifically I would like it if it was made from Sollux (though you can make it out of anyone)
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa