MSPA Forums
Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2488

Thread: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

  1. #1226
    Vulcan Renegade Captain Whosit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Land of Fog and Maize
    Pronouns
    he/him/his
    Posts
    5,619

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

    Quote Originally Posted by whimsicalDreamthief View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Whosit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whimsicalDreamthief View Post
    On the other hand-wait, there is no other hand. My mistake.
    Did you just make a Fiddler on the Roof reference???
    ...Probably not purposefully?
    =(

    On the other hand...No...there is no other hand! NO, CHAVA!! NO!!
    -Tevye
    Quote Originally Posted by maya View Post
    pff! everybody knows that TROLL!AXL is the greatest. ... even if he was only featured in two games in the X series(not counting command mission of course)and one of them happened to be really awful.
    >=( Everyone stop hatin' on my X!

    Wow, that sounds kind of bad now that I think about it....
    Read my, and PrussianMoose's, webcomic: The Adventures of the Great Captain Maggie!

    Quotes from the ancient times:

  2. #1227
    a cheeseburger in paradise maya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Δ hidden forbidden holyground
    Posts
    1,052

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Whosit View Post
    >=( Everyone stop hatin' on my X!

    Wow, that sounds kind of bad now that I think about it....
    hey, hatin' is the absolute last thing i am doing. the assortment of X-series figures(including X himself!) on my desk says so. 8'(

  3. #1228
    Biggest Pimp in Yurt-Calan hurlingPagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,143

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

    Gogdamn I hate it when I get the bottom post....
    Just to make it visible to those who can't see my post and don't feel like looking.
    I need this guy:

    To have these antlers:

  4. #1229
    >Be the Shaky Guy sleeplessLeonid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Land of Boredom and Hurricanes [Florida]
    Posts
    60

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for



    >Be the Shaky Guy



    Why would you want to do that? Whatever. You are now the shaky guy.

    Your name is LEOREX ANTISOMNIS. You have a fondness for ASTROLOGY, particularly that of METEORS. Your other INTERESTS include the study of BEASTS, and FIRE. You have a hard time trying to SLEEP, and you are SCARED of EVERYTHING. Despite this, you are prone to fits of UNCONTROLLABLE RAGE. You also have a HABIT of SHIVERING for NO GOOD REASON. Your blood is DEEP TURQUOISE, your trolltag is sleeplessLeonid, aand yyou ttend tto sstutter aa llot-!

    Your LUSUS is a small, lion-ish creature with a fire-like mane who you've come to call KING.


    And now for some non-MSPA style bio info!







    More to be added as it comes~! :>






    Last edited by sleeplessLeonid; 02-16-2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Details, details, details!

  5. #1230

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

    I finally have a sprite for my troll, thanks to the help of the amazing BewareofNerd



    This is pretty much the coolest thing ever. In addition I plan to make a few changes to my character post right after I post this, so...

  6. #1231
    Person Marshmellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Land of This and That
    Posts
    1,221

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

    Quote Originally Posted by sleeplessLeonid View Post




    Your name is LEOREX ANTISOMNIS. You have a fondness for ASTROLOGY, particularly that of METEORS. Your other INTERESTS include the study of BEASTS, and FIRE. You have a hard time trying to SLEEP, and you are SCARED of EVERYTHING. Despite this, you are prone to fits of UNCONTROLLABLE RAGE. You also have a HABIT of SHIVERING for NO GOOD REASON. Your blood is TURQUOISE, your trolltag is sleeplessLeonid, aand yyou ttend tto sstutter aa llot-!





    I like his haaaaaaair c:
    I have fantrolls now apparently it seems.

  7. #1232
    >Be the Shaky Guy sleeplessLeonid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Land of Boredom and Hurricanes [Florida]
    Posts
    60

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellow View Post

    I like his haaaaaaair c:
    Yaaaay, thank you! I worry he looks a bit too emo, but the hair swoosh suits him too well!

  8. #1233
    Incorrigible Text Wall Addict Panzerbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Land of Grids and Ships
    Posts
    973

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for



    Be the jovial highwayman.

    You are none other than the esteemed Sarroc Aliros, and you find that “highwayman” is a terribly pedestrian term for what it is you do. While it's more than true that you've accosted your fair share of travelers and rid them of their worldly possessions, you've slit only a few throats in the process, and conduct yourself in what you consider to be only the most honorable fashion! Granted, the legislacerators would disagree, but your behavioral standards follow a rather different code than the Alternian legal system! If your conduct is ever brought into question, you quickly bring out the lengthy text to prove that you are clearly in the right! You've even read every book covering Alternian law just to have a thorough understanding of where your code disagrees!

    This tendency to make your own rules has lead to having something of an unpleasant reputation when it comes to the world of roleplaying, something you indulge in quite heavily. However, a troll who has been properly subdued is in no position to argue against your methods, and makes an excellent hostage should his comrades attempt to step in on his behalf. Granted, actually ransoming a hostage is an unnecessary risk, and while you've studied up on gamblignants and make use of a great many of their techniques, you're not stupid. Reckless, sometimes, but you never enter a game, or a situation, in which the dice aren't in your favor. Or cards. Or even coins.

    In fact, rigging things in your favor and taking advantage of it is something you've always enjoyed. You're even something of a moderately skilled hacker just for the sake of bypassing security systems, but you refuse to mention this skill of yours as it “nerds up” your persona, no matter how useful it is. Upsetting established understandings of how things should work? Quite delectable. While you harbor no hatred or bias toward the highborn, you greatly enjoy preying upon them above all others, leaving them to live with the fact that they were bested by a member of the lowest caste! Their impotent fuming only adds to the reputation you've carefully garnered, marking you as a scurrilous knave to those blue and indigo, but perhaps something of a mysterious swashbuckler to those who struggle against the hemospectrum. The fact of the matter is, however, that you also have no personal vendetta against the Alternian caste system - you just find it an excellent basis for your antics.

    Granted, one with so many out after your head on a pike cannot stay in one place for long, and it was sweeps ago that you left behind your hive, bringing along naught but a few necessities. Your lusus, a hoofbeast named Ardent, is your sole companion as you wander the countryside. The two of you have braved peril, faced implacable foes, and intervened on behalf of the downtrodden more times than you care to count! As an amateur cartographer, you've sketched many a map and chart, both of the land and the sky, even though more accurate representations of the regions you've visited have been available on the introllnet for thousands of sweeps. When you finally get off this rock, you'll find worlds that you can be the first to explore in depth!

    Due to how unappreciated and unimportant your maps and the like happen to be, you also spend a great deal of time simply drawing the landscapes you've seen and the trolls you've met, victim and bystander alike. Doing this time and time again has given you something of a photographic memory, to the point where you will never forget a face or a landmark. Oddly enough, this is completely unrelated to the one psychic power you have at your disposal. Namely, the ability to, rather than see the future, see the past of whatever the subject matter you're focusing your power on, be it a person, a location, or an object. Thus far, you haven't found a particularly significant use for this ability aside from summoning feelings of nostalgia. If only you'd decided to be a private investigator or forensics expert instead.

    Every highwayman needs the proper tools to represent his profession. Every self-styled gamblignant must have the accoutrements of the title. As such, you have a well-populated strife portfolio, many of the cards taken from other trolls. Knifekind, swordkind, pistolkind, coinkind, cardkind, and dicekind are all your... eheh, weapons of choice. You like having your options, after all. You make use of the humble Shuffle Modus, which simply has you draw a card from your sylladex at random. Of course, you've marked all the cards, and have no problem retrieving whatever you need.

    Your trolltag is flamboyantCalamity, and you are Nothing If Not Particularly Confident! Haha!
    Last edited by Panzerbear; 02-08-2011 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Derpderp writing late at night is bad

  9. #1234
    Seer of Space Rio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Land of Frogs and Flowers
    Posts
    2,983

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

    ....Yes. That is sheer win, Panzerbear.

    Tumblr

  10. #1235
    Heir of Heart Altum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Land of Hills and Rain
    Posts
    2,471

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

    Quote Originally Posted by Panzerbear View Post


    Be the jovial highwayman.

    You are none other than the esteemed Sarroc Aliros, and you find that “highwayman” is a terribly pedestrian term for what it is you do. While it's more than true that you've accosted your fair share of travelers and rid them of their worldly possessions, you've slit only a few throats in the process, and conduct yourself in what you consider to be only the most honorable fashion! Granted, the legislacerators would disagree, but your behavioral standards follow a rather different code than the Alternian legal system! If your conduct is ever brought into question, you quickly bring out the lengthy text to prove that you are clearly in the right! You've even read every book covering Alternian law just to have a thorough understanding of where your code disagrees!

    This tendency to make your own rules has lead to having something of an unpleasant reputation when it comes to the world of roleplaying, something you indulge in quite heavily. However, a troll who has been properly subdued is in no position to argue against your methods, and makes an excellent hostage should his comrades attempt to step in on his behalf. Granted, actually ransoming a hostage is an unnecessary risk, and while you've studied up on gamblignants and make use of a great many of their techniques, you're not stupid. Reckless, sometimes, but you never enter a game, or a situation, in which the dice aren't in your favor. Or cards. Or even coins.

    In fact, rigging things in your favor and taking advantage of it is something you've always enjoyed. You're even something of a moderately skilled hacker just for the sake of bypassing security systems, but you refuse to mention this skill of yours as it “nerds up” your persona, no matter how useful it is. Upsetting established understandings of how things should work? Quite delectable. While you harbor no hatred or bias toward the highborn, you greatly enjoy preying upon them above all others, leaving them to live with the fact that they were bested by a member of the lowest caste! Their impotent fuming only adds to the reputation you've carefully garnered, marking you as a scurrilous knave to those blue and indigo, but perhaps something of a mysterious swashbuckler to those who struggle against the hemospectrum. The fact of the matter is, however, that you also have no personal vendetta against the Alternian caste system - you just find it an excellent basis for your antics.

    Granted, one with so many out after your head on a pike cannot stay in one place for long, and it was sweeps ago that you left behind your hive, bringing along naught but a few necessities. Your lusus, a hoofbeast named Ardent, is your sole companion as you wander the countryside. The two of you have braved peril, faced implacable foes, and intervened on behalf of the downtrodden more times than you care to count! As an amateur cartographer, you've sketched many a map and chart, both of the land and the sky, even though more accurate representations of the regions you've visited have been available on the introllnet for thousands of sweeps. When you finally get off this rock, you'll find worlds that you can be the first to explore in depth!

    Due to how unappreciated and unimportant your maps and the like happen to be, you also spend a great deal of time simply drawing the landscapes you've seen and the trolls you've met, victim and bystander alike. Doing this time and time again has given you something of a photographic memory, to the point where you will never forget a face or a landmark. Oddly enough, this is completely unrelated to the one psychic power you have at your disposal. Namely, the ability to, rather than see the future, see the past of whatever the subject matter you're focusing your power on, be it a person, a location, or an object. Thus far, you haven't found a particularly significant use for this ability aside from summoning feelings of nostalgia. If only you'd decided to be a private investigator or forensics expert instead.

    Every highwayman needs the proper tools to represent his profession. Every self-styled gamblignant must have the accoutrements of the title. As such, you have a well-populated strife portfolio, many of the cards taken from other trolls. Knifekind, swordkind, pistolkind, coinkind, cardkind, and dicekind are all your... eheh, weapons of choice. You like having your options, after all. You make use of the humble Shuffle Modus, which simply has you draw a card from your sylladex at random. Of course, you've marked all the cards, and have no problem retrieving whatever you need.

    Your trolltag is flamboyantCalamity, and you are Nothing If Not Particularly Confident! Haha!
    I love it! We should play something/work out some backstory with him and Altum, Altum is obsessed with and collects maps.

    EDIT: Or maybe a history of duels with this troll. They would have some boisterous conversations anyway.
    Last edited by Altum; 02-08-2011 at 04:14 AM.

  11. #1236
    Heartless Monster Nox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Land of Grim and Dark
    Posts
    892

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

    OK! My first revision of one of my early trolls. Shivia is getting some more depth. I realized she was a bit too much the typical “Crazy Murdering Toll” so I rewrote a few things after thinking them over a bit and roleplaying her in a couple freeform threads. Let me know what you think.

    >Be the really scary troll girl



    You are now the scary troll girl.

    Your name is SHIVIA THANATOS and you just plain FREAK PEOPLE OUT.

    There are a number of potential reasons for this. It could be your PITCH BLACK BLOOD, your HELLISH GRIN, your FRIGHTENING DISCOLORED EYES, or your habit of KILLING EVERYTHING AROUND YOU. Upon reflection, it’s most likely that last one. People tend to shy away from serial killers.

    You have a number of INTERESTS including practicing your SINGING VOICE, which you are quite proud of. You use to hope that one day you would be known for your LYRICAL VOCAL MELODIES alone, now it’s just a hobby. Sometimes you wish that one day this skill will be something of value, but that’s just a dream. You are also well skilled in ROBOTICS as seen via the many MACHINE SERVANTS you surround yourself with. As an extension of that you also are a half decent PROGRAMMER, mostly specialized in ROBOT COMMAND PROGRAMMING. You need to know you can trust those around you, and at this point the only beings you would trust farther then you could throw are those you PROGRAM.

    You have SERIOUS MENTAL ISSUES, to put it mildly. Killing someone gives you a SENSE OF EUPHORIA like nothing else can, yet the sight of a corpse makes you squirm. Part of you wants to just kill and kill and kill till nothing is left on Alternia but you, another part of you recoils at the thought of being that alone. On top of that, though you want to spread death and chaos everywhere, being flat-out told you’re SCARY to your face makes you want to cry, especially if it’s based solely on your APPERENCE. Simply put, you are a MASS OF COTRADICTIONS in most matters, comes with being COO COO FOR COCOE PUFFS.

    You have GOOD MOMENTS and you have BAD ones. Sometimes you can pass yourself off as an eccentric but not too unusual individual...who laughs at things a little too much. Other times you can get downright HORRIFYING in your very noticeable instabilities. Worst of all are when you have an EPISODE. You start freaking out, and acting MUCH more erratic than normal. You would rather not describe those moments, but you feel if you ever completely LOSE YOUR MIND it will be during one of these. You can feel it come loose every time you have one. One day, you won’t come back from them.

    You’re LUSUS is dead, taken on THAT FATEFUL NIGHT along with your original HIVE, your ONLY FRIEND IN THE WORLD, and your ABILITY TO TRUST ANYONE. That was also the night that you COMPLETELY SNAPPED and started KILLING ON A WHIM. In short, describing said LUSUS is a waste of time. That night was the start of your DECENT INTO DARKNESS, but you were always a little off to be honest.

    Your HIVE is little more than a CAVE set HIGH IN THE MOUNTAINS. It is only here that your FREAKISH BLOOD TYPE is not an issue. You have expanded it to a more ACCEPTABLE SIZE with the help of your ROBOT MINIONS. They fill the roll your Lusus should have, although they can’t think or feel, so it’s not quite the same. It is here that you service your SCYTHES, tinker with your ROBOTS, and plan your next ASSASSINATION. You may decide to play a FLARP game that ends in the other person dying, or you may just invade a hive at random and KILL THE OCCUPANT. It will depend on your mood. Picking off the entire ALTERNIEN POPULATION one troll at a time has earned you the nickname BLACK DEATH.

    You are gifted with a rather unique MENTAL ABILITY, or rather an ANTI- MENTAL ABILITY. You know that resistance to mental attacks HIGH BLOODS have more of than LOW BLOODS do? Turns out you have a super version of that. No one seems to be able to mentally influence you or read your thoughts. You sometimes suspect that your many murders have called a SWARM OF GHOSTS to follow you everywhere, but this mental shield keeps you from even glancing at them. No one but someone who can SEE THE DEAD will see the virtual OCEAN of dead souls that follow you around.

    Naturally a PSYONIC BLAST would fry you like it would anyone else despite your mental shield, but you can’t have everything. It only works on thoughts and non-physical powers. This ability has leaded you to wonder if you could survive the VAST GLUB. At the very least you would be the last to die on ALTERNIA if it happened, and you would get a moment to enjoy the fact that everyone else was dead first.

    You’re INSANE, an unrepentant MASS MURDERER, an UTTER MONSTER in the eyes of most, and you will most likely LIVE ALONE FOREVER. Despite that...you’ve been chatting with some other trolls recently. Your true identity is hidden from them, less they never speak again out of fear. You keep telling yourself that it’s just a distraction, that they deserve to die just like everyone else, but the thought of them being gone makes a PART OF YOU HURT. A part you thought died years ago. You’ve marked their hive locations. You’re not sure if it’s for their eventual death, or to make sure you don’t do it by accident.

    With your mind falling slowly into the deepest depths of madness, and what must be near the record of SOLO MURDERS one Alternia by now, you have given up hope of ever leaving the twisted life you now live. Sometimes, though, when you’re all alone on quiet nights...you sing to the empty sky, and wish someone would save you from yourself...

    Your chat handle is executionerSong and you sometimes replace your spaces _with_underscores_to_ form_a_scythe_)

    (Like this: _____)
    See, it’s a sweet scythe!)

    Land: Land of Towers and Moonlight
    Title: Slyph of
    Strife Specibi: scythekind
    Sylladex: rubix cube
    Moon: Derse


    EVERYTHING I TOUCH TURNS TO GRIMDARK!

  12. #1237

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

    I need some help with my first from-scratch alterniabound sprite.



    This is the original troll.



    This is the sprite so far.

    You may have noticed a significant difference in that the AB sprite has no head.

    That's the problem, basically. I can't figure out how to draw or attach the head. Obviously I need to add a neck, that'll come when there's a head to attach but I can't draw the head, outside of making a boring sphere, which I don't want. I imagined Joreak being a bit gaunt actually.

    HOW DO I HED

  13. #1238
    Heir of Heart Altum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Land of Hills and Rain
    Posts
    2,471

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

    Regular sprite for singularDuellist, even though I am not entirely satisfied. /:C

    Have you tried looking at the canon sprites for reference, SM? Sollux is pretty gaunt.

    Also I wish I had spelled duelist correctly, it's entered in the list already and everything now. I suuuuuck. D:C
    Last edited by Altum; 02-08-2011 at 03:57 AM.

  14. #1239

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

    *looks at his own sprite*

    *looks at arms*

    ...

    AAAAAUUUUGGGHHHH

    Okay before I make the head I SHOULD PROBABLY GIVE HIM ARMS THAT MAKE SENSE.

  15. #1240
    Heir of Heart Altum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Land of Hills and Rain
    Posts
    2,471

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

    After much, much dithering I have settled on:

    In Sburb you would be the Bride Prince Troth of Graves in the Land of Bells and Spirals
    for Shiar.

    This is very important for a character I will never play in a Sburb session.

  16. #1241
    avoids cliches like the plague Rai-CH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Land of EVERYTHING TRYING TO KILL YOU (Australia)
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Posts
    11,581

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

    I made a few more Alterniabound expressions for Charon. They would probably look a lot better if I actually had the ability to sprite decent poses other than changing the eyes and mouth.

    and what emotion is what is behind this lovely spoiler:
    I need a new pretentious quote to go here
    read huntersfollow a loserexamine nerds


  17. #1242

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for



    Joreak's Alterniaboundsprite, done. For now. It could use improvement, but then again, I'm the lazy sort and I have a habit of being okay with something being just "good enough".

    EDIT: WHOOPS HE HAS EYEBROWS NOW

    EDIT: EXPRESSIONS WHEE

    Last edited by scintillatingMoniker; 02-08-2011 at 10:00 AM.

  18. #1243
    I'm the best at space. whimsicalDreamthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    321

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

    why will this sprite not be transparentbackgrounded
    wryyyyyy


    Your name is Nereid Merlyn, and you really need to go to sleep.

    Really, you can't remember the last time you went to sleep properly; there's always some rude troll threatening to cull you for your weakness or some violetblood's lusus fighting with yours. And you have to stay up all day and stopping it! And you think squeakbeasts stole some of your sopor slime a sweep or two back...to be honest, you haven't had a decent sleep period for a long time.

    Oh, yes, your interests! You don't have many, you guess? You like to SWIM, but that's very dangerous-the aquatic trolls don't like you intruding on their domain. And you like FASHION, although your pathetic skills leave you only able to stitch together the common tears in your clothing. Your lusus gets all your clothes for you, actually-he's rather nice about that. But you live rather far from anyone who's not a seatroll-you live on an island, after all-so you DON'T HAVE ANY SOCIAL INTERACTION. At all. This has lead you to be rather introverted and unsure of things: who's to say it's not some weird mainland custom? You've got the nobility that lives below you, and they're not all that quirky.

    ...Actually, to be honest, seatrolls KIND OF CREEP YOU OUT with how different they are from land-dwellers! And most of them are genocidal! This has lead you to stay inside at almost all times, except for when you need to calm your lusus down - you never know when one of them's going to decide that they can't take a lowerblood living directly above them!

    Your trolltag is passiveWaterfall and uh, y-you...um...guess you s-sound a little u-unsure?


    Information inside spoiler.
    Last edited by whimsicalDreamthief; 02-21-2011 at 09:25 PM.

  19. #1244
    Soul of Mind midnightAgony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    LOHAD - Land of Harbours and Dawn
    Posts
    775

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

    It's a JPEG is why. It needs to be a png. Also, there's a new troll coming to oppose the mass amounts of Revolution trolls popping up.


  20. #1245
    I'm the best at space. whimsicalDreamthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    321

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

    Quote Originally Posted by midnightAgony View Post
    It's a JPEG is why. It needs to be a png. Also, there's a new troll coming to oppose the mass amounts of Revolution trolls popping up.
    I saved it as a PNG, Tinypic just changes the format. My other troll a few pages back has a transparent background; and her image was saved the same way.

  21. #1246
    Incorrigible Text Wall Addict Panzerbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Land of Grids and Ships
    Posts
    973

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for



    Be the country bumpkin.

    Your name is Guroda Rethim, and you're pretty sure the asshole calling you a country bumpkin doesn't know the first thing about you. That's okay, though, seeing as you've kept to yourself in the interest of tending your gardens. Though your blood isn't quite a jade hue, you're still oddly resistant to the glare of the harsh Alternian sun, and so you spend most of your days toiling in the fields surrounding your rural hive. While you grow a great many crops that keep you self-sufficient and devoid of need for any actual contact with other trolls, you also have an unusual fondness for hedge mazes. Really, any kind of plant-based maze, as you've grown stalk-based plants in similar form as well. Anyone approaching your hive by foot has to first go through these winding monstrosities, some of which don't actually have an exit near your dwelling.

    You also grow a number of more... questionable crops. Poisons and hallucinogens are your two favorites in this regard, and you've taken to amateur chemistry in the interest of gleaning the most potential out of these sorts of plants. Sweeps ago, you would've killed for the chance to serve as a fataliflorist in the Alternian military, but as the empire has apparently forgotten your existence, you've since given up on such hopes. Instead, you're left to deal with meddlesome younger trolls as they try to steal what you've grown. Those little bastards frequently feel the lash of your vine-based whip, and any you managed to capture get to spend the rest of their miserable existence in your root cellar as a subject for product testing. You used to go hunting to snare animals and use them for that purpose, but animal testing is inhumane, not to mention not as accurate when trying to judge the effectiveness of a particular mixture.

    You happen to be a rather superstitious fellow, looking to signs in the sky and in nature to help guide your decisions. If the featherbeast droppings on the scarecrow roll in a particular way, it's clearly time to harvest the mushrooms early. If three bolts of lightning strike in a two minute period, you shudder to think of the implications. And if a musclebeast should ever stand in front of both moons, the world as you know it would come to an end. You keep a number of good luck charms to ward off such evils, some of which are considerably more aesthetically pleasing than others. In fact, when not tending to your plants or working in your lab, you spend a lot of time whittling knickknacks, some of which don't actually pertain to your superstitions. Wooden wind chimes are your personal favorite.

    Now is as good a time as any to bring up your powers, you suppose. Namely, you have the ability to “awaken” plant life, which grants it sentience and enables it to move of its own accord. You can actually communicate with these plants, which makes you far less lonely-crazy than people take you for. You also have the ability to directly control any plant, awakened or otherwise, and manipulate its growth or movement. The hedge mazes easily double as makeshift prisons, especially those that are filled with the more poisonous plants. As was previously mentioned, you also lack the standard vulnerability to sunlight.

    Your strife portfolio has only two kind abstrati: whipkind and syringekind. However, you've never really needed any more than that, and simply keep your gardening tools in your sylladex. Said sylladex is accessed via the tree modus. Even you have to admit, though, that sometimes you're a little over the top when it comes to the plant theme, and you have both a stack and a queue modus to swap to when you're feeling bored enough to launch things out of your sylladex. Your lusus, a massive, hairy, slobbery woofbeast named Bingo, loves playing fetch with aforementioned launched items.

    Your trolltag is pumpkinVizier and you don't got time for these newfangled quirk things. but you reckon if you did, it'd probably be something downright simple.

  22. #1247
    Spins you a tale of everything ChaosWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Your brightest Nightmare
    Posts
    1,903

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

    Well, this was me being bored.


    GTCACAAGCTCTCGCGCTCAGCTCGATCGACTAGCGATCGA


    Heeheeheeheeheeheeheehee


    Hmph
    Last edited by ChaosWolf; 02-08-2011 at 12:21 PM.

  23. #1248
    Ryoko dragonLights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Land of Boxes and Roleplay
    Posts
    558

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

    Ahahaha, that troll is perfect, Panzer. I can just hear him yelling at some whippersnappers to get off his lawn.

  24. #1249
    Seer of Space Rio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Land of Frogs and Flowers
    Posts
    2,983

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

    ==> Be the Girl

    you cannot be the girl as it's not a girl

    ==> Be the incredibly feminine boy



    You are now the incredibly feminine boy. Your name is CORYNN LATOUS and you hate being mistaken for a girl. Sadly for you, you often are. It's probably those hips, and that face, and your soft voice. God you look like such a girl. You are one of the lowest of the low on the spectrum, and you frankly don't care. All this talk about blood superiority and revolutions make you rather miffed, but you rarely voice these opinions because frankly you'd rather just not get involved. Besides, often you are too busy trying to convince unwanted suitors that you are a boy.

    You have several interests, which include writing. You especially like writing romance, but you don't tell anyone this, instead boasting your prowess about your second favorite genre to write, survival horror. you enjoy reading just as much as you do writing, and several of your online friends like to send you their works for review. You enjoy sleeping, which is kind of weird considering how most trolls sleep. You get by with the horrible side effects by thinking of it all as ideas for your next horror story. Another one of your hobbies that probably doesn't help your non-existent masculinity is pottery. You love to work with clay. you usually keep your bangs back with girly barrettes, leading to even more gender confusion.

    You hide your eyes because they have incredibly long lashes and that is the main source of gender confusion, after your figure. Your lusus, a snapping turtle, likes to jokingly mock your masculinity, but he doesn't do it as often anymore because then you won't go out to help him get food and he's kind of a lazy prick. You use spearkind, but you aren't very good in a fight, even if you are good at hunting. You live in a marshy area, but you're okay with that, because aside from the bugs, which are easy enough to ignore after a while, it's a nice place.

    Your trolltag is confusionFactory and you type in a slightly normal manner but you tend to ramble and rant a lot because thats what you do okay?! Okay.

    He looked girlier in my original drawing. :/ Sprite is made entirely by hand.

    EDIT:

    ...Just... cover those eyes , man. No wonder you get hit on by straight men all the time.
    Last edited by Rio; 02-08-2011 at 06:20 PM.

    Tumblr

  25. #1250
    a cheeseburger in paradise maya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Δ hidden forbidden holyground
    Posts
    1,052

    Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

    Quote Originally Posted by Nox View Post
    OK! My first revision of one of my early trolls. Shivia is getting some more depth. I realized she was a bit too much the typical “Crazy Murdering Toll” so I rewrote a few things after thinking them over a bit and roleplaying her in a couple freeform threads. Let me know what you think.

    >Be the really scary troll girl


    excellent work, dude!! i can tell that you care a lot about this character. great job fleshing her out!

    edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post

    looks sufficiently feminine to me. |D and luctus. (yo if he busts out the camera you might want to hide)
    Last edited by maya; 02-08-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •