Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2488

Thread: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

Best polar bear EVER polarBipede's Avatar

Re: TROLLSLUM 5: More trolls than your thread name has room for

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    SUDDENLY GRIST
    MY GOD I wish you did all this while I was in a SGRUB session
    You made a really nice work! GJ :3

Scandinavia! Aarhus, Denmark to be exact.

Yeah, thanks for those grist templates, they'll become handy for when i make the session i'm in more image covered. :v
    Everything of importance is in the spoiler below.
    Currently on pesterchum as tiresomeKleptomaniac - Throw Khia Nemensi a pester! c:

Under a rock - AKA the roleplaying subforum.

==>Lohqua: Grow Up

Your name is Lohqua Dibare, and you are a smith in Her Imperial Condescension's battlefleet. While you're quite skilled, your superiors are reluctant to promote you because of your MUTANT GOLD BLOOD and SLIGHTLY SUBVERSIVE ATTITUDE. This resulted in you relying on a more TRADITIONAL style of promotion, and so far it's working. While not rapid, your climb in ranks is NOTED.

Your interests in ART and READING haven't faded with age, and your skill in SMITHING has only grown. You, however, HAVEN'T. Standing at only 4'10, your otherwise hulking figure is terrifying to behold even if it does bring out responses you'd not otherwise see. You still HIDE your ARISTOCRATIC features with your HAIR, and OUTRIGHT REFUSE to upgrade your ARTIFICIAL EYES to the new ALMOST-ORGANIC ones because you like the FEATURES on the older models (Lasers, and x-ray vision, anyone?).

Like most adults you find it difficult to maintain steady relationships due to moving around constantly. You do maintain a steady kismesiship with Coraxe Acipit / prolixCorvid, but your matespritships are short, few, and far between. You've never had, and doubt you ever WILL have, a moirallegence, and have never had ashen leanings either.

Your trolltag is abditiveOmniparity and thiing5 aren't e%actly the 5ame, but people are ju5t a5 f001ii5h.

I'm just gonna leave this here. EDIT TO AN EXISTING PROFILE/No update needed. This is just a "what if".
    Last edited by Tluthal; 02-16-2011 at 10:02 AM.
    I am a terrible influence.

Ain't no air fighta! Flamerider64's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread...-taking-Trolls)

If any of you guys want to flesh out some trolls in a session, I've got an empty one up now.

a cheeseburger in paradise maya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Tess View Post
    ( secretly i do not play farmville either ... or runescape ... or any of the godawful games i pretend to like ironically. 8'( )

usefulness only slightly outweighing comical(and strangely endearing)arrogance
    damnit, i still can't quite decide how to feel about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Siegmundfried View Post
    oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh. yes, you need to stick around. you have all of the potential, all of it! great design here, and the thought you've put into your character really shows! this is me thumbs-upping as hard as i can!

Quote Originally Posted by maya View Post

usefulness only slightly outweighing comical(and strangely endearing)arrogance
    damnit, i still can't quite decide how to feel about you.

Also have the Marble Grist template.

EDIT: Reuploaded for her pleasure, fixed an error.
    Last edited by Fishman; 02-16-2011 at 11:42 AM.

GETTING THIS IN BEFORE THE THREAD CLOSES?

>Be the guy nobody cares about.

You are now the guy nobody cares about. And you would have it no other way.

Your name is KILRAS JEBKON and you are a bit of a RECLUSE. This stems from the fact that you have a REALLY WEIRD blood color. Nobody is really sure whether you are ROYALTY without fins, or the lowest MUTANT FREAK possible. It makes other trolls a bit UNCOMFORTABLE, especially strict followers of the HEMOSPECTRUM, because they are uncertain if they should revere you or stomp all over you. So instead, they leave you alone completely. Which is really NICE. You have a feeling the IMPERIAL DRONES are going to do the same, but you are not sure you are willing to TAKE YOUR CHANCES. Thankfully, you do have your CONTACTS, as few as they are, and therefore have a CHANCE at someday finding a Matesprit and a Kismesis.

You actively practice MAGIC in your MOUNTAIN HIVE, and use it to fend off INTRUDERS and any trolls who, for some reason, think you should DIE. You are NOT REALLY SURE WHY, because you have not attacked anyone without first being attacked. You are just that kind of guy. Unlike many practitioners of the FAKEY FAKE variety of magic, you use BOOKS OF SPELLS as your medium of wizardry. When worst comes to worst, the hefty volumes also double as a BLUDGEONING INSTRUMENT of sorts. Either way, they are VERY EFFECTIVE.

Your trolltag is forgottenLaconicism and you like brevity.

Other:

Work in progress, but I just wanted to get it out there. Had this guy in my head for a while. I may end up editing the sprite a bit, I'm not sure if I'm completely satisfied with it

I'm the best at space. whimsicalDreamthief's Avatar

dragonLights, I think his blood seems a bit too red to be that close to both ends of the spectrum - otherwise, he looks great!

Bleh oh well. Too lazy to pick another color, and I like the way it looks. If I was planning on putting him somewhere I'd change it, but he was just for some quick fun.

Come to think of it, it did look a lot more pink on my other monitor.

Thanks a lot though!

That One Oddball BrainpanSonata's Avatar
    What's the female equivalent of a mancave?

Guh... made some progress on a profile for a new troll, but my art-type creativity is on the wane right now so I'm not in a sprite making mood. I don't even KNOW if I can draw a decent chef's hat...
    Who is Faustus Emilius the Thirteenth? Come find out! The Adventures of a Random RPG Miniboss
    Hey, look! Trolls!

has catGenes catastrophicGenesis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrainpanSonata View Post
    I don't even KNOW if I can draw a decent chef's hat...
    Want me to try?
    ->Place insanely rambly sig under spoiler tag for the sanity of all involved

Best polar bear EVER polarBipede's Avatar

So I tried to make a Troxol Sprite!

It's kinda suck-ish

THIS IS A LIE.

Seriously, that's freaking awesome. High five o/
    no

Actually, it's pretty passable.

The only pointers I'd really give as far as emulating the original style:

1) Perhaps reduce this particular expression's eyebrow width to 1 pixel-- a good example of this would be Karkat mourning the death of his lusus.

2) Increase the size of your sprite's hair. You'd be surprised how easy it is to cautiously make modest hair sizes and accidentally find yourself creating hair that's too small. I find that the best way to overcome this is to do side-by-side comparisons with canon Homestuck characters.

Resident Glubmeister privateTenderloin's Avatar

>Be the guy everyone stares at.

Your name is Bazzalus Yord and- OH MY GOG IS YOUR HORN GOING THROUGH YOUR EYE!?

Yes. Yes it is. Fortunately your lusus broke off the other one before it could do the same. Anyway, you prefer Bazz because Bazzalus sounds stupid. You are 7 sweeps old and you are pretty much unhappy all the time.

When you're not being grumpy, which is almost never, you enjoy growing plants. You really like poisonous plants and have a vast collection of poisons, though you don't use them very often. This is especially easy since you have the power to control plants and make them grow. You also build a lot of things like chirpbeast houses and chairs and things. Your eye is constantly bleeding because your blood does not clot the way it is supposed to which makes bleeding very dangerous for you.

Your friends like to say you have Vision Hornfold. your friends are A**holes. You've concluded that all trolls pretty much are. You don't really get along with other trolls because of this though you don't harbor any personal grudges most of the time. Just troll nature you guess. Speaking of troll nature you're at the bottom of the hemospectrum which is just as well, it usually means people leave you alone when they're not bugging you about your horn or trying to cull you.

Your lusus is a large praying mantis-like creature and your pretty much hate him. He broke off your right horn when you were little so he obviously knew what the other one was going to do, so why not break them both off? What a dick. Your strife specibus is set as penkind and regardless of what people say it is not mightier than swordkind. You use the Eye Test fetch modus because you're pretty sure at this point that the universe pretty much hates you forever.

If you were to play in a SGRUB session you'd be the Prince of Pain and you'd dwell in The Land of Glass and Needles

Your Trollhandle is poisonousHorniculturist and you Tond to not oso tho roght vowols. Ond your smoloos oro ofton locking omotoon 0_X

((Bluh bluh wip wip wip. He's just gonna end up at the bottom of the page and ignored anyway.))
    Last edited by privateTenderloin; 02-18-2011 at 08:41 PM.
    I have a tumblr.

Second troll, now with less mutant blood colour

Your name is VARIYA AMARYS, and you are pretty content to fall into the YELLOW section of the hemospectrum, although you frequently type in orange for everyone else's convenience. You are pretty good at MAKING ELECTRICAL STUFF WORK again, provided the problem is with the HARDWARE. Software, on the other hand, is not your forte, although you know enough about it to keep your computer safe from most amateur attempts at viruses, hacking, and the like. Your real passion lies in FISHING, usually in rivers, and it is for this purpose you equip yourself with a FISHING SPEAR AND NET as your strife specibi. Fishing on Alternia can be something of a dangerous hobby, after all; like most fauna, even the fish are actively trying to eat you.

You are usually VERY CHEERFUL, taking the everydays insults of Trollish acquaintanceship with a smile, because YOU KNOW IT REALLY ANNOYS PEOPLE when they can't get under your skin. You are not very serious about anything much, which is why you like to wear VERY BRIGHT COLORS.

You have a VERY FAINT PRECOGNITIVE ABILITY, although it barely amounts to more than a feeling of imminent danger. As this usually happens when you are fishing, you have named it your FISH SENSE, sort of like in that movie starring Troll Toby Maguire only less spider-based.

Your troll tag is pisceanSkewerer, which is one day going to get you into trouble, and when you type #yo<u start with a #, and have a tendancy to< make all yo<ur o<s lo<o<k like fish, as well as replacing all instances o<f the wo<rd net with #. Yo<u also< use a lo<t o<f smilies \

Other things under the spoiler- moods and ancestor:
    Last edited by catastrophicGenesis; 02-21-2011 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by catastrophicGenesis View Post
    you have named it your FISH SENSE, sort of like in that movie starring Troll Toby Maguire.

And what was that movie called?

Fishman?

No, it was called "Young troll is bitten by giant lusus suffering from radiation sickness, and develops strange spider-lusus powers which he uses to save the day on numorous occasions, get the girl, and swing through the nearby hives looking cool, whilst hiding his true identity and avoiding his enemy who happens to be the father of his closest acquaintance. With many explosions, chase scenes, and slightly unrealistic biology and technology." =P

Wow, short title.

Would you recommend it?

Eh, it was all right, if you like silly movies with radioactive spider lusii.

PT, imagining the horns slowly growing closer to his eye is pretty freaky, not gonna lie. Pretty cool nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by catastrophicGenesis View Post
    I like her skirt a lot But I have a fetish for subtle gradients so I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Aaaaaaaah I love that color.

Quote Originally Posted by Siegmundfried View Post
    Not only do I love this design, it's my favorite color and a zetta cool troll to boot.

Your name is Crotal Hodarr. You are completely blind. You always have been. You, unlike some trolls, never had anyone who could teach you to see with your nose. Luckily, you are capable of turning radiant heat into mental images. This means that, as long as something gives off a good amount of heat, you can see it through most walls even if it's behind you. However, it also leaves you colorblind. You have no idea what color your blood is. You use your thermal sight to hunt very effectively. And you hunt everything. Small animals, large animals, gigantic animals, and occasionally other trolls have all fallen prey to your Clawkind Specibus. You are taken care of by a small lusus, comparable to a molebeast. Your trollTag is typhloticPugilist, and you hate that one l*ttle letter

(BewareofNerd created the name, I just changed it a little.)
    Last edited by Karhs12; 02-16-2011 at 04:01 PM.
    ...I could be completely wrong though.

Resident Glubmeister privateTenderloin's Avatar

Depsa Vabrish
    I have a tumblr.

vote Annie for skeletonlasses crash826's Avatar

Howsabout Sezzya Crinim?
    ((just made that up.))

The upside-down guy BewareOfNerd's Avatar
    Pronouns
    they/them/theirs

Crotal, from Crotalus: the genus name of pit vipers, which can see in infrared.
    Hohdur, from Hodr: a blind Norse god.

I take troll naming far too seriously.

(thanks for picking it. *blush*)
    Last edited by BewareOfNerd; 02-16-2011 at 04:47 PM.