MSPA Forums
Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Adventures & Fanart 3: Magic Artmaker

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Re: Favorite Adventures and Fanart Three: Peerless

Let's not keep this one going for a year.
    [08:56] Seiga: can't decide whether horrible or brilliant
    [08:56] gloomy|Night: It's Ford we're talking about. It's both.

YOU GUYS DID IT!!!

I had to go to sleep, so I was glad to see the new thread when I woke up.

Y'know, I'd love to see more of those good old group pics with everyone guessing who everyone was. those where good times.

As for Yourself's pic, I don't recognize everyone, but most people, even if it's just 'that guy from that adventure that I don't read, but I know enough about because it's popular' Like .memoria for example. I love the Iriyo as a sminly though, haha!

I seriously do wish I was a good enough artist to draw other authors' characters. Or draw my own characters with enough detail that other artists can accurately reproduce them with their own fanart. As it is now... what place do I have in this thread?
    This signature has been hidden because it exceeds 80px in height. To be more specific, it has been hidden inside this spoiler tag.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicLover View Post
    Only way to do it is giving it a try and practice a lot! At first it might seem shitty and people may ignore your art, but eventually you'll turn good enough for them to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by MalkyTop View Post
    People keep making fanart for things I've never read before and it is disconcerting to me. It just makes me feel like an old fogey again.

...I have adventures to update too....
    Well you shouldn't, the mirror site makes it pretty easy to keep up with adventures. There's really no excuse, how can people read homestuck so many times and spend hours studying it? i mean yeah i think it's good but there's more stuff to read! It doesn't even take that long to read a regular "long" mspafa. For example, it took me around 20 minutes to read GODQUEST (wich is like 50 pages in the forum, and has a lot of content.) Even if it seems like you'll get bored of reading such a long adventure or you have a really short attention span, then fine, you can bookmark the page where you left off, also lolzorine and nixshadow are working on the site to implement an RSS feed and a save feature like in the main MSPA site.

So bottom line, don't say "bluh there are soo much good adventures i haven't read yet!" and instead go read some damn adventures!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_knott View Post
    I'm pretty sure I did not say "post".
    This signature has been hidden because it exceeds 80px in height. To be more specific, it has been hidden inside this spoiler tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_knott View Post
    I'm pretty sure I did not say "post".

Pushing that aside, I don't really have much time to practice nowadays, nor am I really all that interested in doing so. I'm in the middle of my senior year of college, and I'm just about buried in homework. Plus I'm lazy.

Pronouns
    [any]

...I'm sure it was just a placeholder because Ed did not want to make his post longer with your text.

kind of like how you just put (...) for his.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovian View Post
    ...I'm sure it was just a placeholder because Ed did not want to make his post longer with your text.

kind of like how you just put (...) for his.
    Yeah, I know. I was joking.

Meltdown and Trek are two newly-started adventures worth keeping an eye on. I'm looking forward to seeing where they go.

I Don't Deserve This Title MalkyTop's Avatar

Knott Kringles has effectively lectured me into submission.

...this also reminds me that I have about 90 subscriptions and most of them are inactive adventures. I go like "Oh I should clear some of these things out" but then I go like "noooo but I won't know if they update"

I'm an idiot.

I still have adventures to update.

Land of Fluff and Inspiration (or lack thereof)

The only thread I subscribed to was my own, but it stopped notifying me of replies, so I haven't bothered subscribing to others.
    I just obsessively stalk them. : D

Oh yeah i used to be like that, but after re-reading some of my old abandoned favorites i just shredded a single tear and told them goodbye. You have to know when to let go.

yeah I should read adventures. 20 minutes for godquest? I should try that again. i have a tab open in my browser waiting for me to read it.

Oh no the wave of art has died! Quick Boyd, draw something with a mouse on this school computer!

SonicLover: Recommendations are generally appreciated, I think. If you can't draw, you can still take the time to say "Ohey check out this cool adventure guys you should all read it."
    I usually go check out adventures that get those kinds of recommendations, even if I wouldn't have looked at them otherwise.

What he said. I was going to say that, but forgot.

you can also say: Sweet fanart duude, or whatever your verbal tick dictates.

I.. I have no idea, ..

Like this:
    Go check out Avalon! It's off to a promising start. It has a good blend of seriousness and humor.

Okay. For people that know my adventure, Pirates vs. Ninjas: The Forum Adventure, you'll know that currently the main character are involved with an evil organization called the Gamblers. It hasn't come up, but the main bad guys for the Gamblers are called "The Royal Flush" (not really a spoiler for my adventure. It's in the description for the Gamblers on the system wiki).

Well, around the time the Gamblers came up in my story, Yako started making this awesome adventure called The Royal Flush. Obviously, this isn't the biggest coincidence ever since card motifs are common, but I've kinda always wanted to do something with it.

Since we're snowed in down here and I'm waiting on a couple of things to update my adventures, I went ahead and finally did it. I went and made a bit of fan-art showing what would happen if the main characters of my adventure met Yako's Royal Flush.

There's a few details that feel off to me, but I'm overall pretty happy with it.

Is it weird that the part I'm most proud of is the King of Clubs' hat though?

EDIT: Also, here's a larger version for people that want to see some of the smaller details a bit better.
    Last edited by DairunCates; 02-01-2011 at 03:25 PM.

Pronouns
    [any]

Dairun.
    My day. You made it.

It's also a terribly funny coincidence that I was planning on reviving Royal Flush today anyway! What a great way to precognitively celebrate.

Man, I only recognize 9 of the characters in Yourself's Sminly chain. I gotta go read like, every adventure now.

Also yes Sminly-Triangles thank you!

Pronouns
    thon

I can see your post bob

And I had the same thought

Semixenoan graphilexigenerator Isoraqathedh's Avatar

I am officially planning the following chess variant: Chess with Different Armies: the MSPA(FA) edition.

This image shows the base -- what everyone will have. Each army has three pieces that are not part of the FIDE army, and can be based on a theme.

And now I have to think of which adventure to start on.

Also whoops I forgot to color the pieces on the bottom white. Ah well.

Pronouns
    she/her/hers

Back again with more FANART FOR THE FANART GOD
    (Waterworks and more Godquest stuff)

Last edited by Kino; 02-14-2011 at 02:22 PM.

If i were the fanart god i would be very pleased by those SICK FANARTS. Unfortunately i'm not, that selfish bastard never has enough fanarts.

Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast