For a while since I started reading Homestuck, this thought has been in my mind. SBURB's supposed to be a beta, right? What if this version that the trolls and the kids are playing was never meant to be the final version of the thing? What if, all this time, there's been a team of developers out there, waiting for some kind of feedback from the current sessions that they can use to improve the overall playing experience?
Taking an example from the World of Warcraft patch notes (that I used to read when I still played), I've compiled a list of some of the changes I think might be implemented later on in SBURB's development cycle. Feel free to add your own; if I like 'em enough, I'll add 'em to the OP.
SBURB Beta Client/Server Patch 0.1.1
The latest patch notes can always be found at
* A basic set of instructions for entering the Medium has been included, and can be accessed via the in-game menu.
* Prototyping with a First Guardian is no longer possible.
* It is no longer possible to enter the Medium prior to making a First-Tier kernelsprite prototype.
* Meteors will now only spawn for sessions that are successful in creating a universe, rather than for all sessions that initiate The Reckoning.
* Various new side quests have been added.
* Experience gain from enemies and World Events has been decreased.
* A new item has been added to the list of Deployable Items: Dueling Gloves. Using these will allow you to test your combat skills against another player, without any danger of permanently injuring him or her. To use them, both players must be wearing the gloves, and both must consent to a duel by fist bunping.
* The anatomy and physiology of the inhabitants of Prospit and Derse is now randomized, though it will always somewhat resemble the species that initiated the session. The Light vs. Dark motif has been preserved, however.
* Damage and effects caused by Magic have been rebalanced.
* Players who enter the game with high-level items will find that these items are far less effective than they were outside of the game. The same goes for players with high amounts of Psychic power.
* Alchemizations are now available for players with Psionic abilities. Some of these items will amplify the damage and effects caused by these abilities, while others will reduce their casting cost.
* A small book has been included which explains your role and its importance to the game. It can be either purchased either from your planet's bookstore, or found in a hidden area in your Temple.
* Team killing has been disabled, as we found it to be contrary to the collaborative spirit of the game. Players wishing to engage in PvP combat may do so using the Dueling Gloves.
* Dreamselves belonging to waking Players will no longer perish if either Prospit or Derse are destroyed. However, if said player happens to fall asleep, they may find their Dreamselves lost within the void of the Medium if they are not careful.
* The Kernelsprite's affinity for dead or doomed things will no longer apply to things that were never alive to begin with (eg. puppets, stuffed animals, etc). It is still possible to prototype with these things, however.
* Players are no longer able to enter their Gates out-of-sequence by using jetpacks, rocket boots, or any other flying device.
* Gates are no longer considered physical objects, and therefore cannot be destroyed.
* Players who are already deceased upon entering the Medium will now correctly spawn with a sleeping Dreamself. If said player wishes to join the God Tiers, he or she will have to find a way to move that Self to the quest bed located on their own world.
* Fixed a bug that required Knight players to fail their class quest in order to complete it.