MSPA Forums
Page 1 of 100 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: SBURB patch notes

SBURB patch notes

For a while since I started reading Homestuck, this thought has been in my mind. SBURB's supposed to be a beta, right? What if this version that the trolls and the kids are playing was never meant to be the final version of the thing? What if, all this time, there's been a team of developers out there, waiting for some kind of feedback from the current sessions that they can use to improve the overall playing experience?

Taking an example from the World of Warcraft patch notes (that I used to read when I still played), I've compiled a list of some of the changes I think might be implemented later on in SBURB's development cycle. Feel free to add your own; if I like 'em enough, I'll add 'em to the OP.

SBURB Beta Client/Server Patch 0.1.1

The latest patch notes can always be found at
    http://www.skaianet.com/sburb/patchnotes

General

* A basic set of instructions for entering the Medium has been included, and can be accessed via the in-game menu.

* Prototyping with a First Guardian is no longer possible.

* It is no longer possible to enter the Medium prior to making a First-Tier kernelsprite prototype.

* Meteors will now only spawn for sessions that are successful in creating a universe, rather than for all sessions that initiate The Reckoning.

* Various new side quests have been added.

* Experience gain from enemies and World Events has been decreased.

* A new item has been added to the list of Deployable Items: Dueling Gloves. Using these will allow you to test your combat skills against another player, without any danger of permanently injuring him or her. To use them, both players must be wearing the gloves, and both must consent to a duel by fist bunping.

* The anatomy and physiology of the inhabitants of Prospit and Derse is now randomized, though it will always somewhat resemble the species that initiated the session. The Light vs. Dark motif has been preserved, however.

* Damage and effects caused by Magic have been rebalanced.

* Players who enter the game with high-level items will find that these items are far less effective than they were outside of the game. The same goes for players with high amounts of Psychic power.

* Alchemizations are now available for players with Psionic abilities. Some of these items will amplify the damage and effects caused by these abilities, while others will reduce their casting cost.

Player-Centric Changes

* A small book has been included which explains your role and its importance to the game. It can be either purchased either from your planet's bookstore, or found in a hidden area in your Temple.

* Team killing has been disabled, as we found it to be contrary to the collaborative spirit of the game. Players wishing to engage in PvP combat may do so using the Dueling Gloves.

* Dreamselves belonging to waking Players will no longer perish if either Prospit or Derse are destroyed. However, if said player happens to fall asleep, they may find their Dreamselves lost within the void of the Medium if they are not careful.

Bug Fixes

* The Kernelsprite's affinity for dead or doomed things will no longer apply to things that were never alive to begin with (eg. puppets, stuffed animals, etc). It is still possible to prototype with these things, however.

* Players are no longer able to enter their Gates out-of-sequence by using jetpacks, rocket boots, or any other flying device.

* Gates are no longer considered physical objects, and therefore cannot be destroyed.

* Players who are already deceased upon entering the Medium will now correctly spawn with a sleeping Dreamself. If said player wishes to join the God Tiers, he or she will have to find a way to move that Self to the quest bed located on their own world.

* Fixed a bug that required Knight players to fail their class quest in order to complete it.

Re: SBURB patch notes

These made me laugh a little.

*Fixed an exploit in which players who have completed the game could troll the inhabitants of the universe they created.

*Fixed a bug allowing the door to the players' new universe to be destroyed.

really hates Kanayapyre Shrugstah's Avatar

*Improved intelligence of the consorts of Of Time players so as to prevent excessive monetary gains. They will now recognize two of the same player to be the same.
    http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/42/drillsigmeme.png

*Fixed a bug in which God Tier outfits would occasionally not spawn, resulting in embarrassing scenarios when ascending in the company of another player.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticCadenza View Post
    * Fixed a bug that required Knight players to fail their class quest in order to complete it.
    I feel that this is probably referring to something... but what?

*Increased EXP gained when commanding imps and consorts to fight.
    *Decreased EXP when commanding Ogres.
    *Consorts may now equip simple weapons.
    *Fixed bug regarding Secret Wizards, allowing consorts to rise up and defeat the Black King without aid of the players.
    *Jack Noir is no longer able to single-handedly defeat the Black Queen.
    *Firekind strife specubus is no longer allowed in random matches. It is still available when playing with users on your ChumRoll.

really hates Kanayapyre Shrugstah's Avatar

*Fixed issue with people waking up prior to start of game.
    *Players will find that sprites will now always deliver game information in the form of riddles, regardless of what was prototyped with it.
    http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/42/drillsigmeme.png

Quote Originally Posted by hpp3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoticCadenza View Post
    I feel that this is probably referring to something... but what?
    I'm guessing Dave having to break the Caledfwlch in order to obtain it.

Also

*Fixed a bug that enabled residents of Prospit and Derse other then the King and Queen to use the Ring(s) and Scepter(s) of Orbs.

Insignirodentiamourous Varkarrus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebiedeebie View Post
    *Fixed a bug in which God Tier outfits would occasionally not spawn, resulting in embarrassing scenarios when ascending in the company of another player.
    Fanart. Now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrugstah View Post
    *Fixed issue with people waking up prior to start of game.
    I always thought this was pretty much essential to a session, myself.

*Fixed bug allowing random mutations to cause a universe-destroying bomb to develop around Skaia.
    *Disabled the ability to copy/paste sections of buildings.

If you keep nerfing perfectly legitimate strategies, I see no reason why I should keep playing SBURB. It's not like there aren't other games out there that don't try to hose their players.

Good day, sir.
    Fan Fiction:

Conducting the Heaven's Light 8oy Skylark's Avatar

*Alchemization no longer allows eldritch items. Any item designed to tap into the powers of the Horrorterrors has been removed from the Alchemization library.

self-banned

*Fixed bug allowing Time players to prototype themselves

*Second-tier prototyped dead dreamselves will now only retain memories up to the point of death.

Or should that go for anything that was dead when prototyped?

*Fixed the communication bug when prototyping a non-sentient item.

*fixed a bug regarding Jack Noir's horrible bloodlust. Jack Noir will always contact a player first, instead of being boarded up in his office all of the time. This caused Jack to impede the players' progress by defeating the Black Queen himself.

*Jack Noir cannot hold any other items than his own. There was an issue in one session regarding players using Derse agents as packrats.

Liberty. Reason. Justice. Robotopolis's Avatar

SBURB PATCH NOTES v. 0.4.13

Patch deployed to SBURB Beta servers on April 14th, 2009

FIXES
    PLAYER CLASSES
    • High-tier Breath players were missing tooltip information about their abilities. The missing tooltips have been restored.
    • The "Princely Favor" attribute bonus of Prince characters should now function correctly.
    • Low-tier Heir and Page players were receiving too little bonuses for their Inherit and Support abilities, respectively. The leveling curve for such players has been re-adjusted.
    • A decimal error was causing the god-tier Thief "Steal" command to steal 100% of the target's attribute. This has been reduced to its intended 10%.
    • Reduced the casting time of the god-tier Time "Stop" command and similar effects by 30%.
    • The "Knight's Standing" Loyalty bonus of Knight players has been increased from 5% to 15%, but no longer stacks with similar effects.

PLAYER PLANETS
    • Reduced the Boonbuck Bonus from planets with the Treasure descriptor from 15% to 10%.
    • Fixed a graphical error on the loading screen to planets with the Frogs descriptor.
    • Planets with the Heat and Frost descriptors now properly deal a small amount of damage-over-time to unprotected characters.

DERSE AND PROSPIT
    • Regiswords are now bind-on-pickup and can no longer be traded.
    • Fixed an exploit allowing Doomed Universe Dreamers to merge with Alpha Universe Dreamers, removing their Doomed status.
    • Increased Hegemonic Brute hit points by 200%. Players with high-tier weapons should no longer be able to one-shot them.
    • Due to aberrant AI behavior, Agent and Archagent Loyalty values have been increased to their previous values.

ALCHEMY AND GRIST
    • The Official GameBro Pre-Order Alchemiter attachment has been redesigned, and no longer blocks the Alchemiter Pad.
    • Captchalogue codes for living creatures, including frogs from planets with the Frogs descriptor, now require an Intellibeam Laserstation to decrypt.
    • Alchemical Combinations in the PCH***** range ("Travel Items") have had their Grist costs significantly increased due to code-sharing. Instead, the Boonbuck costs of Apprentice Flying, Journeyman Flying, Expert Flying, Artisan Flying, and Master Flying have been decreased to compensate.
    • Artifact Grist can no longer be spent in negative amounts. Items costing negative Artifact Grist have been corrected.

KNOWN ISSUES
    • Attempting to enter the game without Pre-Entry Prototyping your Kernelsprite will create an unwinnable state.
    • Players on planets with the Clockwork descriptor are complaining of high-pitched pinging sounds in the background music. The sound team is looking into the matter.
    • Please note that the ability to Pre-Entry Prototype an object with First Guardian capabilities is NOT a bug! Players who wish to challenge themselves with high-level Pre-Entry Prototypes are well within their rights to do so, and our Blocked Prototype list will remain unchanged until future notice.

Super High-School Level Poster Sporkaganza's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Maybe it's just me, but given the at-times sinister nature of this game I'd expect to see a lot of patches that would cause more trouble. I'd expect to see notes like these:

*We added 15 new ways to make the game unwinnable.

(yeah i know thats the joke bluh bluh bluh)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iguana Baritone View Post
    Homestuck is just Dragon Ball written by Douglas Adams.

Am I Kawaii? (´・ω・`) KawaiiMelon's Avatar

*Fixed bug in which mastering your title's ability makes you ascend to god tiers instantly
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa

Page 1 of 100 12341151 ... LastLast