MSPA Forums
Page 98 of 100 FirstFirst ... 48889596979899100 LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 2487

Thread: SBURB patch notes

CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED! tacticalGenius's Avatar

Re: SBURB patch notes

IM: Daniel, fall back to Corridor AXQ/Chicken. There's a squad of Shodans manning a defensive position there, and they've got two temporal ammunition generators.

###ENCRYPTED SUBCHANNEL###

Defense team AXQ/Chicken, stand ready to assist inbound employee, designation: Daniel Kopton. Be advised, there may be hostiles in pursuit.

Now with 200% More Corn orngjce223's Avatar

> Musical Aura set to "Terra" by Solatrus.

She glances around -

%%SECURE CHANNEL%%
    ...Lend me your strength, for I must go on.
    %%%%

The frogs. The frogs would hold the solution to all of this.

As they always had. She recalls the opening to the Employee Handbook, a document she always thought was a design aim; now she realizes it's actually their history -

The frogs of Skaia are your life
    Please treat them well, and shield from strife
    You cannot fall if they are here...

And she takes a moment to remember, when she too first undertook the Quest -

IM: It's a colony of Genesis frogs!! We have universes enough to send the servers and everyone you can save through - I'm going to go construct some doors right now!

Knight of Breath JustAnotherUser's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

IM: I'm en route! A beltpack-fueled Laser Revolver is, while quite a lot less powerful, is holding them off. And it's got a holster.

IM2: There, captcha'd one, alchemized two fresh ones, put one down, mounted one on my chest and went back to firefighting.

IM3: Holy crap all of this stuff is heavy. Can anyone lend me an Airboat like the one in Half-Life 2?

IM4: And some Nitrous Oxide. That'd help.

vote Annie for skeletonlasses crash826's Avatar

IM: [Ms. Glasswell! Yes, of course! I'll keep the refugees safe from the fire and the Candy Corn demons!]

IM2: [Can anyone help with Mr. Girard? He appears to have lost functionality.] +++ Out Of Cheese Error +++ Please Remove Universe And Reboot +++ Redo From Start +++ [Like that.]

IM3: [I've collected around four groups of player refugees and eight servers in captcha cards. Awaiting further orders! Also, holding off the candy corn demons as best I can.]

I wanna come down right now... Bluesunnyday's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

%%Secure Channel%%
    Got it. Switching determination to "survive" to "survive with Tricia, as well as anyone else I can save". Hope you know what you're doing here...
    %%%
    >Musical Aura set to "Through the Fire and Flames" by Dragonforce
    Last edited by Bluesunnyday; 08-08-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

IM: Got the NitrAirboat and mounted the heavy stuff on it. This. IS. AWESOME!

IM2: Managed to Captcha a generator and saved a trio of servers. Where do I put them?

In a room, an unconscious person stirs before fire erupts through his body and out through his hands and head. He screams. He screams loud, but not for long, and when the screaming stops a new person stands there with a new appearance and a shocked expression.
    "Whew, that's one hell of a wake-up call. Call, ain't that a wonderful word. Wait, I'm different, ain't I?"
    The clearly confused person starts swinging his arms and legs around while looking at himself with a huge grin.
    "Ooh, legs still working, arms still swinging. Other bodyparts still intact. Now what was I doing? Something important, something... something..."
    The person gets interrupted here by 59 Candycorn imps all attacking at once, with another 364 behind them. The person picks himself up barely scratched and laughing.
    "Ahh yes, thanks for reminding me. I'm going to save as many as I can, and kill every last one of you who stands in my way."
    The person starts typing on his PDA with one hand while taking out his daggers with the others.
    IM: Hello everyone, Monk of Self here and I believe the correct phrase here is "Let's get Dangerous!"
    > Musical aura set to "Twister" from The World Ends With You
    Last edited by dreamgor; 08-08-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Doors. Hatches, more like; they form near anyone Tricia can see over the slowly failing security systems. They glow red, softly.

IM: I'm building doors, get the servers inside first and then start evacuating the non-combatants.

She would be gleeful if she had a face.

"Let's get Itchy, shall we?"

And bolts of white energy - Skaianet itself is fighting - emanate from the walls. The building is wounded too - Tricia is losing data and processors to the invaders - but she is not going to go down without a fight.

Log of the Avatar 1110: Infinity is coming to an end. The beginning can be seen on the other side. I cannot remember what is. I am coming. There is a new beginning. And it beckons.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

IM: Doors. Okay.
    Care to explain how I'm going to tell them apart from regu

A shining white door appears in front of Daniel, who accidentally hits the 'Send' button in surprise.

IM2: Disregard that previous statement.

He opens the door, places the server down then heads back to the room. He repeats the progress a few dozen times.

IM3: I've managed to rescue 144 Servers thus far. How many Servers do we have?

IM: Uh... I think we have 1,043 remaining right now. You might want to hurry up, though - we have about half an hour left before everything here is afire, if my projections are correct...

The bolts of white magic daze the monsters attacking in different parts of the building, but only for moments each. Tricia chips away at their health vials, slowly, for she still has to have enough energy left to keep the doors manifested...

IM2: Adachi, the password to your cohabitant's /self directory is "zr1bb!t_0f_@_FrR0og()". You may need to issue some unmount and mount commands first, to force a rescan.

IM:Almost too many to rescue... almost.
    Near his door there were millions of small copies of him each carrying a server, and throwing them into the portal, before going back and rescuing another. Some are tired, but each copy managed a few hundred by itself.
    IM2:This is going to hurt like HELL in the morning.
    Despite saying that, he keeps on working until the real him collapses again, this time due to simple exhaustion. The huge grin never leaves his face as he is thrown into the portal by the last copies before they too disappear. His last act before collapsing is to set his Musical Aura to "I'm coming home" by Diddy - Dirty Money ft. Skylar Grey
    Last edited by dreamgor; 08-08-2011 at 02:03 PM.

Log of the Avatar 1111: Reality is secure. The loop has been looped. Destiny is coming.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

IM: That certainly helped, and I've stored the key coding walls in there too. There's a few thousand employees in there too.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have saved SBURB. Now for Skianet. First Priority... Itchy.

IM2: Guys, I just realised, English is gonna be PISSED that we're taking down one of his inner circle.
    What do we do?

IM: We had no choice. Self-defense, right? I guess we'll have to hope he doesn't decide to turn his back on us...

She waits a moment for the latest wave of internal alarms to pass by. Another wing has caught on fire, and - well, she isn't about to admit it, but she's tied into a disintegrating system and it hurts no less than if she was in another body slowly being burnt alive.

Soon there will be nothing but Blue's determination keeping her conscious, and she will have to fight until there is nothing left of either the monster or her...

And Tricia - Skaianet, really - burns.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

((OOC: And then it hits me. Tricia being linked to the Skianet building was pretty obvious, in hindsight.))

IM: Good point.

IM2: Guys, I found Itchy. Remember that cafeteria with the self-rejuvenating pickle jar? Yeah, he's just outside of there. I'm currently behind a steel table barricade, enjoying a Panini, but I doubt it'll hold. There's a transportaliser, so get down here if you can. There's a large supply of food, and I've absolutely saturated the walls with Holy Water, so it'll hold from the fire; it'll make a decent makeshift base of operations.

trilbyulationDungeoneer trilbyulatingDungeoneer's Avatar
    Land of Wind and Memory, Land of Chains and Entropy

IM: the lich is... Gone? And now, reality is burning. I guess he was some kind of sn0wman alternate... Nevermind. It's time to go on the offensive. It's time to bring out the big guns. It's... Hammer time.

INITIATING BATTLETECH: HAMMER OF WAR; 40,000 CRAZYFISTS.

The dungeoneer summons, via portals to the future, forty thousand clones of himself, each dressed in unusual battle plate, the Corvus Battle Plate of the Astartes. Their combined Musical Auras blare the Imperial March, and they heft crackling thunder hammers. A dozen of them carry a large portal, which crackles into life. An ululating caw is heard, and a huge bird, flaming and golden, walks through, ruffling its feathers. The Dungeoneer climbs atop and pulls on his helmet, and the Armour Of Temporis forms around him.

IM2: Priority one. The destruction of the Itchy demon. Priority two. Save Paradox Space. Priority Three And Four: kick ass and chew bubblegum. And these helmets mean we can't chew ANYTHING. The Lich Mentioned His Companion. Well, He Was Here All Along. It's Me.

The dungeoneer activates his Adaptable Double-Ended Scimisabre, and holds it out in front of him.

HATS FOR THE HAT THRONE!

TO WAR!
    Last edited by trilbyulatingDungeoneer; 08-08-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

IM: I've managed to get a few priests onto the job of dousing the flames with holy water. They've managed to put out a few offices.
    The demon knows something's wrong. He can feel Tricia all around him.
    >Musical Aura set to "Hardware Store" by Wierd Al Yankovic
    IM2: I decided to change my musical aura. Assuming it works the way I intend on it working, the building should last a bit longer.
    %%PRIVATE CHANNEL%%
    I don't know where you are, but I assume you're in trouble. Determination changed to "Keep Tricia Alive At All Cost." You're one of the biggest VIP's here, and we can't afford to lose you.
    %%%

*Fixed a glitch where the patch logs could only go on for around 2600 posts before suddenly locking up.
    http://i.imgur.com/Nsk4C.gif Squiddle Session Project Thread

Pronouns
    he/him/his

IM: YOU'RE SERIOUSLY PATCHING WHILE THE FACILITY IS FALLING APART? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU...
    ...You're one of the guys in the safe zone, aren't you.

((OOC: Are we gonna do another thread? If so, I'd like to nominate "Patching because your life depends on it" as the tagline.))

trilbyulationDungeoneer trilbyulatingDungeoneer's Avatar
    Land of Wind and Memory, Land of Chains and Entropy

IM: Arrived at itchy's supposed location, but he is nowhere to be seen. What now?

Just then, the floor in front of the Dungeoneer cracks. There is a sense of vertigo as the cieling warps and gets taller, cathedral-like. There is a boom, and the floor explodes, allowing legions upon legions of Candycorn Demons and Imps to spill out into the massed ranks of the 40,000 Crazyfists. Battle is met, and in the center of the hordes, a horrifyingly familiar roar is heard...

Itchy is learning. He makes his way towards the dungeoneer, and TD kicks his mount into action. They become a terrible fusion of martial power, golden feathers and talons intermingling with red-orange lightsaber and red and yellow flashes of lightning and chronological power. TD opens a compartment on his armour, and a harmonica is put to his lips.

IM: Scratch device in place. Say what you want about the lich, he knows how to power up...

Pronouns
    he/him/his

IM: Really? I'll take down the barriHOLYCRAP.

[i]Daniel barely avoids a fireball that incinerates the doors and collapses his barricade just in tme to see the rising invaders and the countering army of Dungeoneers. He ducks behind a table, checks the Magnum Opus is fully loaded, shuts it and begins taking potshots and Itchy. A few make their mark.

IM2: For God's sake, he won't die! We need to take out his entire healthbar in one shot.

Anyone who can come here, come. We're going to perform the biggest Fraymotif possible.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

IM: En Route. Might I recommend "Opera of the Savior"?

The obvious remains unsaid.

%%SECURE CHANNEL%%
    Let's just say I am the building, and I'm sure you already know what it's like to be burnt alive. That should be sufficient information, I hope?

Also, don't you dare remove yourself from your own protection. You're useful too.
    %%%%

IM: I think I can still perform fraymotifs in this state. I'll move my consciousness, give me a moment.

((Important OOC note: Anyone who posts after this will be considered to be part of the ULTIMATE FRAYMOTIF. You will be NPC'd if necessary.))

Pronouns
    he/him/his

IM: Very much so, but it's Saviors, not Savior.

I just found out I have a Fraymotif Wine Menu. Who knew?