MSPA Forums
Page 1 of 69 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: SGRUB: The Prying Hackers [MOVED TO 2ND THREAD]

Master of Management ChameleonSushi's Avatar

SGRUB: The Prying Hackers [MOVED TO 2ND THREAD]

Welcome to this RP's Profile and Discussion thread~!

Quote Originally Posted by ChameleonSushi View Post
    IMPORTANT MESSAGE:

All TPH RPing is being moved out to its own ZetaBoard forum, so for the continuing adventures (and now possibly extra exploits) of the crew and others, please bookmark The Prying Hackers forum board.

It's been great playing here, but the RP board cut spares none, eh? Best to preserve what we have to let it thrive and continue elsewhere. Two days shy of it's second birthday, this move will be ambitious for this RP, but we'll take it like champs.

If anyone watches us, see you on the other side!

Story

As in most alternative SGRUB sessions, copies of the game have leaked their way across the troll's internet system, leaving it open for others to snatch-up and use before their ultimate doom is at hand.

Although this is still true, there's something a bit different about this 12 troll session.

Outside parties from different universes, different species, and even different time periods have heard of the game and it's unique qualities. Many will attempt to hack its very coding to try and decipher, manipulate, or generally screw it up. Who knows what could happen from this. The possibilities are near endless...

Troll or Hacker? Now that's the question.

Rules

Please remember to always treat others with respect when OOC.

This thread is only for bios, plot planning, artwork, and general RP discussion. Keep IC stuff on Pesterchum. (Erm, except on movie nights, but that's besides the point~)

For the love of God, no god-modding. (This post is pretty old, but it has the enemy difficulties listed and they still hold true. They'll be stepped-up by one level in session two.

You must be at least moderately active to maintain your spot. Additionally, it'd be best if you were only one or two hours off of Eastern Standard Time to makes things more simple.

Trolls can range from 4 to 10 sweeps of age. (This is between 8 and 22 in human years)

Hackers can be any age you choose.

RP-canon interaction with characters from seperate sessions over Trollian/Pesterchum, Formspring, and Twitter is allowed as long is it doesn't get too messy~

Formspring interactions can't be used for actual plot, but can be used for real interactions between the characters. Who says they don't want to just, well, know something about someone else sometimes and ask a few casual questions? Similar rules hold true for Twitter. Feel free to post some stuff from these pages too.

The Posting Procedure~!

All RPing will be taking place on Pesterchum; Anytime you have a conversation with a fellow RP member, look it over to see if it's important, or somehow noteworthy/flipping HILARIOUS~!

You can either post the whole log, or just re-cap it.

What's "important" will be listed here...

1. First meetings
    2. Deaths
    3. Jumps into god-tier (Ask about doing this first)
    4. Plot-Twists (Please ask before doing these as well)
    5. Changes made to the game by the hackers or any other party (Same as plot-twists)
    6. Significant character-building/relationship formation
    7. Basically anything you find interesting or noteworthy

App. Info

Trolls OUTDATED

Hackers OUTDATED

Our Dearly Departed OUTDATED (Deceased Characters)

Character Stats

Up-To-Date Enemy Information

Quincunx's massive art post #1 and #2

Additional out-of-session players, or "Miscellaneous Meddlers" OUTDATED

Reach us on Skype!

BewareOfNerd: BewareOfNerd
    ChameleonSushi (Talk to me so I can add you to our group if you're new!): chameleonsushi580
    curiousTerminal: turbopunz
    Fili: d3serter
    kittentoes: crowbarzu
    Lazer Ilitenterl: rotatingmaraschino
    musicalartpunk: centaurstestickle
    PachiiRiisu: nenenezu
    Phi: phyrexiancartographer
    Quincunx: vicious.honeyfish
    Stinatron: stinasaurus.rex
    tamenthail: tamenthail
    ZerkibaHydrology: bubblegumbeatnik
    ZDG: zacharydamongrant

Also feel free to drop in on the Prying Hackers TVTROPES page!
    ;
    Last edited by ChameleonSushi; 03-10-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Re: Pesterchum RP: SGRUB---The Prying Hackers [6 Hackers, 12 Trolls needed]

>Be the anatomy bookworm.

You are now AGATHA HEITER, and even though you don't care much at all for the hemospectrum, you expect people to treat you with somewhat respect due to your LAVENDER blood color. You are about 7 AND A HALF sweeps old, placing you at roughly 16 in Earth years.

Your personality is somewhat dry, but you like to call it REFINED and EDUCATED. This is most likely because in your spare time, you do nothing but READ DETAILED BOOKS ON ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY. Due to this, you have a profound interest in the study of MEDICINE. You simply can't get enough of the beautiful detailed illustrations of troll anatomy, it's so enthralling!

You don't care much at all for the hemospectrum, even though your blood color is that of SEA-DWELLERS. YOU PREFER TO STAY ON LAND regardless, however. Water seems to ruin your PRECIOUS BOOKS. You feel that, as a student of medicine, everyone has the same organs inside of them that makes them live. Why should blood color matter if the patient is ailing? You secretly have a SOFT SPOT for helping people, but you prefer not to advertise this as if you were some huge sappy billboard. You like to KEEP YOUR EMOTIONS TO YOURSELF.

Besides medicine, some of your other interests include READING CLASSIC LITERATURE, SOLVING PUZZLES, and even though it's on the creeperish side, you enjoy collecting DANGEROUS and PAINFUL-LOOKING MEDICAL EQUIPMENT.

Your LUSUS is a GIANT SERPENTBEAST that is very wise, but chooses not to tell you anything to make you find it out for yourself. You don't mind this, but you find it TROUBLESOME at times when you especially need guidance.

Your strife specibus is Syringekind, which allows you to throw needles and/or inject some sort of harmful substance into the enemy. Your fetch modus is DEUS EX MACHINA, only allowing you to take the item you need at the LAST POSSIBLE SECOND. Your trolltag is transcendentAsclepian and you tend to trail off in a thoughtful manner...

Re: Pesterchum RP: SGRUB---The Prying Hackers [6 Hackers, 12 Trolls needed]

Character Stats
    Last edited by ChameleonSushi; 08-28-2011 at 03:35 PM.

The Drone Commander BucketJockey's Avatar

Re: Pesterchum RP: SGRUB---The Prying Hackers [6 Hackers and 10 Trolls needed~!]

Hey, could you reserve a spot for me? I don't wanna do the app until my sprite pic is done, because...I'd rather not describe appearance more than I have to. XD

Re: Pesterchum RP: SGRUB---The Prying Hackers [6 Hackers and 10 Trolls needed~!]

Not a problem~!

Just post it when you get the chance, mkay~?

The Drone Commander BucketJockey's Avatar

Re: Pesterchum RP: SGRUB---The Prying Hackers [6 Hackers and 9 Trolls needed~!]

CAN DO, SIR/MA'AM/BIRD. ;D

==> Be a nameless creeper.

§

Your name is...well...undisclosed information. You just go by your slightly off-colored chumHandle instead.

You are 8.5 sweeps old, or 18 Earth years old, and during all those 8.5 sweeps you've HATED your [._.] BRACKET-SHAPED HORNS and EYEBROWS. However, any OTHER trolls' horns are your subject of constant STARING and ADMIRING with your FREAKISHLY DILATED EYES, to the point that you've developed a FETISHISTIC DESIRE to swing or hang by your AWFUL horns on their LORDLY ones. Your DISTURBINGLY FLUFFY HAIR can't even hide your horns. You want them to just suck your big bottom lip and take a fatal skydive from your GARGANTUAN, FUCK-ASS EARS. You'd rather be hornless than have computer symbols...but then you wouldn't be able to satiate your fetishistic desires. What a conflict.

Although one of the worst taboos of your species, you own, and refuse to hide, your BUCKETS. Sure, you think and know they're pretty gross, but, being the efficiency-based thinker you are, you take your BUCKETS and collect, from willing donors, some certain substances. You then use them in your SECRET PROJECT that NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT because, well it's a SECRET.

Apart from your SECRET BUCKETING, you do enjoy a few INTERESTS. Notice how it's a FEW. Other than the aforementioned horn molesting, you occasionally enjoy yourself a TROLLING SESSION on the computer program TROLLIAN. However, your reverse psychology trolling makes it hard for your victims to realize you're trolling them. You've also accomplished getting yourself caught running in a troll-hunt from ALTERNIAN MARINES of the SUBMARINE DIVISION. Aside from this FAILURE OF L33T S4UC3, you like attempting to design scientific advances to IMPROVE ALTERNIA. You've only actually BUILT TWO of them, though. What a waste of your FUCKING TIME.

You do not really care what someone's blood color is. However, you have a habit of referring to someone as your LORD if you want to kiss ass/troll, even to lowly RED BLOODS.

Your LUSUS was a JACKAL, which apparently was some creature from an ANCIENT ALIEN PLANET? Unfortunately, your lusus ate some other poor troll's lusus, grew ill, and died. Oh well, shit happens.

Your specibi is BucketKind. Simply enough, you can either smack people with a bucket, you can collect other people's substances in a bucket, or you can dump substances onto someone...with a bucket. Your fetch modus is discreetly explained below.

Your chumHandle is BucketJockey, and There isn't really anything odd about your speech, minus the occasional emote and request to touch others' horns. ;D

Land name: Land of Knowledge and Mercury
    Title: Stranger of Touch
    Specibi: BucketKind
    Fetch Modus: Drone's Pail [or just Bucket] Modus. In order to take something out, you must put something in. More suggestive items occasionally allow you to remove two items for use.
    Last edited by BucketJockey; 03-13-2011 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Pic's done!~

Re: Pesterchum RP: SGRUB---The Prying Hackers [6 Hackers and 9 Trolls needed~!]

.3.;...Holy crap...I'm scared for my life, and my character now.

...You're in~ 8D

Re: [SPACES OPEN~!] Pesterchum RP: SGRUB---The Prying Hackers

I'm unsure if I want to give this try or not "/ I'm afraid I might be over reaching, but the plot seems epic
    normally on pesterchum (ghostlySamurai)
    go ahead and talk to me.

I'm glad you think so, and don't worry about it too much. It stinks spreading yourself too thin among an arse-load of different RPs. Just go ahead and post your app if you decide to take a spot; There's plenty of room~

Even if you decide not to, it'd be most appreciated if you could wire some others over here if they'd like to play.
    Last edited by ChameleonSushi; 03-13-2011 at 04:02 PM.

I might just do that~
    normally on pesterchum (ghostlySamurai)
    go ahead and talk to me.

May I reserve a hacker spot? The character's name is simply Monster.
    CC: ∑ ^ owo it was a hyperbole you fuck

You most definitely may~!

Yay more people!

The upside-down guy BewareOfNerd's Avatar
    Pronouns
    they/them/theirs

>B of N: Stop waffling and join this shit.

Joining with benthicDreamer. Link is in my sig, since it's late and I'm too lazy to post it.

D'you mind if I join? I've never done a homestuck roleplay before (other than a small chatplay over msn) so I'm not really sure how it works. I'm interested in learning though!

My character's profile is under the tag:

Last edited by Tamenthail; 01-12-2012 at 03:57 PM.

BewareOfNerd: Accepted...~! [EDIT: Oh, wait, I need their Fetch modus too! X'D]

Tamenthail: ...and accepted~!

You're both good to go! 8D *adds you guys in*
    Last edited by ChameleonSushi; 03-14-2011 at 02:15 PM.

formerly known as NARFNra Monster X's Avatar

May I reserve? Profile here.

Land name: Land of Quakes and Jewels
    Title: Finder of Answers
    Specibi: Pickaxekind, Icepickkind
    Fetch Modus: Ore Modus(explained in profile)
    Description: See profile

A Quick Note About Jezron's use of "Lusi": Jezron's technical lusus is sort of like an ant queen, it creates a hole colony of servants. As such, his actual lusus is the ant queen, but its children are his "lusi"

Yeah, he's drawn pretty ugly.
    Last edited by Monster X; 03-15-2011 at 08:36 PM. Reason: STACHE + Face Upgrades
    You know you want to suggest.

The upside-down guy BewareOfNerd's Avatar
    Pronouns
    they/them/theirs

Oh yeah, forgot. Fetch modus is Puzzle Box. Solve a puzzle box to get your item; bigger/more complex items get harder boxes.

NARFNra: Don't worry too much about art skills; As long as you've got your character well put together, I could care less~

By the way, in you go~! X3

BewareOfNerd: Ah, alright. I'll smack that in there for you~

This seems like a very interesting thing that is being done, can trolls be hackers? Just curious. However, I am making an application for a troll, to be a troll.

Land name: Land Of Storm and Stone
    Title: Courier of Lightning
    Specibi: Nunchakukind
    Fetch Modus: Wallet(how boring)
    Description: Until I have a regular sprite I leave you with an AB

As long as the hackers aren't all trolls, it's completely allowed.

Also, you have been...accepted~ XD

[EDIT: Also, I'm going to classify him as a sea-dweller by the fact that he should have, well, been a sea-dweller, mkay~? XD]
    Last edited by ChameleonSushi; 03-14-2011 at 02:51 PM.

Nahnah, don't worry about it. You'll be listed momentarily~ ^u^

[EDIT: You're all put-in~!]
    Last edited by ChameleonSushi; 03-14-2011 at 03:09 PM.

EDIT: Oh oops, I missed that you were full on sea-dwellers. Nevermind! I'll leave the profile here in case anyone drops out.

Last edited by AdmiralIronclad; 03-14-2011 at 04:01 PM.
    Fantrolls, RPs and other miscellanea:

It's quite alright; I'll make sure to message you if that happens~ ^u^

formerly known as NARFNra Monster X's Avatar

You might want to edit my entry up there, because I forgot to explain ORE MODUS's sorting structure. It's in my post right after ORE MODUS. Sorry about it.
    You know you want to suggest.

Page 1 of 69 12341151 ... LastLast