Okay, I want to do a round robin comic. Anyone can participate, just follow these simple rules:
1. When you want to do the next panel, call dibs by commenting. After calling dibs, you have 8 hours to draw and post the panel, after that amount of time its reopened.
2. Respect other people's storyline decisions. Take time to consider what they might have been leading up to.
3. Don't subvert the storyline as a gag. ie: Dont throw a fire-breathing cow into the comic at an inappropriate time just to be silly. THIS DOESNT MEAN YOU CANT BE FUNNY, but my intention is for this comic to last a while, and its hard to continue a comic where anything goes and its just random craziness.
4. You are allowed to inform everyone of ONE fact about your submission each time. This fact would be background information that you couldn't depict in your panel, but is important for the next artist to note.
5. You are allowed to post more than one panel at a time, but don't hog the story.
6. This is not an MSPA parody, SBaHJ quotes are welcome but this should be mostly original material.
7. No porn.
8. All panels must remain accurate to any given information, with 100% accuracy.
9. You cannot pre-reserve your slot.
10. I reserve the right, in order to keep everything running smoothly, to strike out any panels that disobey any of these rules.
Oh, and here's some helpful hints that I will add to as they become apparent.
1. Whenever you're about to add a new character, consider whether any of the existing characters would also work. These sorts of projects will often swell to epic proportions very quickly, and it can cause them to fizzle out when there's dozens of half-thought-out characters.
Contributors can use this banner in their sig:
The story so far:
(It is a magical portal of some kind.)
Fact: The old man owns the house in the background.
(Thats a knife)
He's a selfish old man.
It's his first day.
(That guy is the only other member of Time Share)
(Fact: He's in a cave...a-a pink...cave.)
Fact: He had no idea that was going to work.
Note: There are not supposed to be other living things in one's timeshare.
(He still has the original blue portal)
Fact: Only Roland can use the blue portal maker, only George can use the pink portal maker. The old man can't just steal one of the fountain pens.
(Traveling to other dimensions is not a commonplace thing for people in George, Roland, and the old man's home world to do. In fact, it isn't a thing at all, almost nobody even knows other dimensions exist.)
(Fact: The cavedweller comes from an alternate universe where the timeshares were widely discovered and are quite popular. These two happened to get the same dimension.)
(Fact: This flying-knife-guy's civilization has no thumbs.)
Fact: His civilization is also part arachnoid.
Note: She is the daughter of an Arkanos noble.
(In most other worlds, except George and Rolands, jumping dimensions is handled through large machines that act as a sender or receiver.)
Fact: The lady is called Narida.
FACT: There is more to the old man then we think.
Fact: The old man has been planning his plan for decades.
(Fact: The old man has been here before, and is not all that he seems to be.)
Fitzwilliam has two good eyes; mono-goggles are just the height of fashion in his homeworld.
(He does not know, and they have no way of finding out.)
(Fact: Now would be a good time for a scene transition, also Fitzwilliam is probably the only person the old man trusts enough to be honest about not knowing and show that last face too.)
Fact: At the end of that causeway is a really big tower. Totally creepy and spider-tacular.
Fact: Only male Arkanos possess the ability to spin webs, whilst female Arkanos produce venom. Thus, in their society, men are builders, spies, and strategists, while females are soldiers and hunters. As a side effect, males also have a negative stereotype of cowardice and timidity, while females are said to be raucous and driven by impulse.
(They dont know about the pen, and how it can be used for him to escape in case he feels like going on a Roland rescue mission).
(Fact: Narida has daddy issues. )
(Fact: Daniel's only ever this meek around Narida.)
The Ink of Squid Pro Quo is an heirloom guarded by the royal spider-creep family...
Her father has a rare genetic trait that causes him to have four eyes instead of two. He's very sensitive about it.
(George is currently escaping)
Fact: Those tanks, helicopters and green dots army men are all employees of Old Guy.
Fact: George will realize that the machines and things that the old man owns are probably going to come for him, and he will go back through the portal.
And that's pretty much it! Any amount of artistic quality, or lack thereof, is welcome. Whether it is drawn on a napkin or rendered beautifully in photoshop, it does not matter! Feel free to comment on things involving the comic, every post does not have to be a new panel.
Okay, enough explanation, here's the first panel.
(It is a magical portal of some kind.)
Last edited by Somfunambulist; 04-11-2012 at 08:10 PM.
I would like to remind any viewers that this comic is open to everyone, in fact the more the merrier! If any of you are worried that you might mess it up with your panel, just remind yourself that if you don't contribute, this comic will probably fizzle and die, and you don't want that kind of blood on your hands.