MSPA Forums

View Poll Results: Do We Use Quirks Or Not?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Use Full Quirks (Pretty Self Explanatory)

118 81.94%
  • Only Partial Quirks (Terezi doesn't use numbers, Sollux has a lithp but doesn't use 2's)

26 18.06%
Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

Thread: Terezi Pyrope: Ace Attorney Development Thread

Re: Terezi Pyrope: Ace Attorney

Oh gog, that is amazing
    Tthe cake is a liee

Instantly Trendy

Added a couple of frames at roundy's request.

Hopefully this should be the last time I post this same gif.

Er, I haven't read through this thread yet entirely, but I would like to help with the story.

If Makara has to take the witness stand, I think Kanaya would take his place as the judge.
    Also, I haven't read enough of the thread to know whether or not someone has suggested Aradia as Mia.

Do Aradia, Kanaya, Sollux, Feferi, or Eridan have a place in the story yet?

On the subject of characters:

I have no idea what any character is aside from Terezi, Karkat, Vriska, and Gamzee. The others seem to change everytime someone posts. But I guess I'm not in on all the juicy secrets since I just stared.

Anyway, I come bearing sprites.

Here's the sheet of all the sprites. The only sprites I haven't done are the hair flip. That'll be it's own little project. Assuming you need it that is.

And here are animations demonstrating them all:

DOSE SPRITES...

Anybody care to clean them up into PyWright files?

Quote Originally Posted by Roundy210 View Post
    DOSE SPRITES...

Anybody care to clean them up into PyWright files?
    Forever here
    I'll do that first thing when I get back from school tomorrow.

We are making this happen
    Edit: More like you guys though /shot
    Tthe cake is a liee

Here's a question:

Are we going to be using the original court backgrounds, or should we Alternia them up?

I would also like to mention that if anybody posts and somehow they are ignored, feel free to post again.

Well, the original backgrounds are kinda fun seeing the trolls in an Ace Attorney game, but they rather clash with the Alterniabound sprites. So I'd say alter them. Backgrounds aren't my forte so someone else can handle that if they'd like.

Instantly Trendy

Quote Originally Posted by Aduross View Post
    Well, the original backgrounds are kinda fun seeing the trolls in an Ace Attorney game, but they rather clash with the Alterniabound sprites. So I'd say alter them. Backgrounds aren't my forte so someone else can handle that if they'd like.
    Then again, most of the sprites kinda look different from each other, anyways...

True, the Alterniabound and Return to the Core Sprites clash a bit too, but not as much the detailed backgrounds clash against the simple coloring of the sprites. I was just speaking from an aesthetic point of view, but admittedly leaving the backgrounds would mean a lot less work.

I'm gonna suggest that we create new backgrounds. I know for a fact that there'll be locations in my case that need their own backgrounds and although I can't speak for others, I'm fairly certain that there'll be more locations in other cases that'd profit from original backgrounds.

I know we could just use some older backgrounds, but even if it's for just an aesthetic reason, I feel that we should peruse work on original backgrounds. We certainly have enough time before the game is even close to being done (as a project like this is guaranteed to take a while even with the work ethic we have going for us) and I know that I'd be able to draft up some rough designs next week over my break. They may not be the best, but whatevah.

So, I haven't posted in a while, but Roundy told me to, so I am. So, I've only really read what went on in the beginning, what happened on this page, and a couple things here and there while looking over Roundy's shoulder while he was working. I've gotta say there's some pretty amazing stuff going on here. I'm just posting to try and get this topic back up and running, but some comments will do fine, I suppose.

On the topic of sprites clashing, I always felt there was some in the Phoenix Wright games. Franziska vonKarma never looked like she fit in with the other characters, something about the softness of the colors just felt outrageously off, so don't worry too much about clashing sprites/ backgrounds. I think the court could take maybe a tad bit of editing, but not a whole new picture from scratch. I think keeping the same base image would work, though the color scheme sure could change.

Sorry for not really posting that much in here, and my comment probably wasn't too helpful, but I'm just here to be the defibrillator, so thanks for reading.

Alright, after a week of crap I needed to do, I'm back.

Here's what's going on right now:

-We need names for the victim, a FLARPer, and the killer, a 1950's Greaser-Type Douchebag.
    -We also need somebody to work on making the court sprites more Alternia looking.
    -Fourth Case. Still no plot. Gotta fix this.
    -Need to contact Polly about her Tavros sprites.
    -I am going to trace over my sprites with the pencil tool to make them more MSPA-ish.
    -I'm also going to be working more on the programming for the first case.

Any questions, ideas, help?

For the murderer, how about Pomade Hastae? Pomade was a hair grease, and Hastae is latin for a spear or lance.

Sooooo, went over my previous sprite with the Pencil Tool to try and better recreate the MSPA look.

How is it? Better? Worse? In comparison, here's the original...

Pronouns
    they/them/theirs

I don't see much of a difference.

Speaking of villains, how's this guy's meltdown going to look? My favorite part of any Ace Attorney game is seeing the villain's reaction to getting busted. Do you have any ideas? With the whole greaser persona you've got going on for him you could do something with his hair...

There's not much of a difference, but I notice a few subtle things have been changed for the better, which is always cool.

A general idea for this guy and possibly his meltdown; how about having one of his idle animations during cross-examination be him combing his hair? It just seems like it fits the character and although I can't think of a way at the moment, it's always possible that we could somehow work that into his meltdown further along the line.

Alright, so I'll go ahead and redraw the other sprites like this too.

For the brush thing, perhaps one of his idle animations is tugging on his hair with a comb, and later when he freaks out, he rips off part of his hair with the brush.

I'm really hoping to be done with this first case by the end of may. Having an actual case released should revitalize the project a bit, perhaps bringing in some new talent. Then I will be able to direct a lot more of my attention to it during the upcoming summer months.

That Lecherous Old Billiard lexavian's Avatar

Maybe the comb could break?
    Avatar by me, scratchified by ashdenej.

If I get a chance between working on a really belated Secret Santa present, I'll draw up some rough sketches of this antagonist's break. Probably involving shattering combs and the like.

Instantly Trendy

Quote Originally Posted by Roundy210 View Post
    Alright, so I'll go ahead and redraw the other sprites like this too.

For the brush thing, perhaps one of his idle animations is tugging on his hair with a comb, and later when he freaks out, he rips off part of his hair with the brush.

I'm really hoping to be done with this first case by the end of may. Having an actual case released should revitalize the project a bit, perhaps bringing in some new talent. Then I will be able to direct a lot more of my attention to it during the upcoming summer months.
    I think you used the wrong kinda pencil tool. See, the pencil tool in photoshop, which I use basically is the same as the freehand tool in paint, and it has a pixely, non-anti-aliased look.

I.E. This

And for the breakdown, he could start combing feverishly, to the point of making his forehead bleed from where the combs teeth would cut.

@ Iruku: Wow, that definitely looks better! Hell, I should just have YOU make these sprites! (only partially kidding)

There should also be an ancestor bonus case, where Terezi's ancestor tries to convict Mindfang... I think that would be cool, at least

Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast