Also, despite not having a damn thing to do with art, I'm just gonna say that I think custom suits and costumes would be really awesome if we could pull them off. Give people something neat and original to look at while playing the game.
Alright, here's the updated demo with the intro scene. I used some of WellManicuredMan's music as a substitute until we get the final score. I suppose the art could be a little better as well. I was trying to emulate Hero Mode for this opening, but who knows if i did it with any sort of competence.
Aduross rocked the sprite, I converted.
Came out too late for the recent demo
I have the files so ill just replace them myself :3
Ninja combo x2
Why must we keep ninja-ing each other?
He made me the base, the most important part of all.
I had to self edit the expressions but it was nothing.
Cool! There were some text formatting errors I noticed right before the cross-examination scene, where each character would keep talking but their text wouldn't move down to the next line and would just keep going out of the text box, and the emoticons don't seem to show up properly, though.
The prologue is great, though, and I can't wait to score it!
Also Gamzee going from derpy to seriousMURDER MODE in the final case would be amazing!
One thing that always bugged me about the first case of the series was that it made the real killers identity painfully obvious.
I say we keep him as a partial silhouette.
And I'm not to sure what to say about the actual text, its timed well, but it feels a bit weird to me. I'm not even sure why...
I think it might be him blatantly stating what he's going to do and who he's gonna do it too.
Also, can i get a profile for what the victim is supposed to look like or something?
I was looking through the files and saw one labeled Intro3, i decided to remake it for shits n giggles.
Also working on the other two frames as well.
I need to figure out how to use pywrite...
In case 1-1, case 2-1, etc, it's painfully obvious who the killer is. That makes it easier for beginners.
I'd also like to mention that Terezi is listed as 6 solar sweeps old. Wouldn't she be older if she's already a prosecutioner? I also think the court record would look pretty in TH3 NUMB3RS OF TH3 BL1ND PROPH3TS.
Other than that, it's all shiny.
Your trolltag is mapleBacon [MB], your favorite number is 3, and you tend to copy qu1rks from p3opl3 you l11111111k3! X33
And as a random side note, I seem to have stolen Terezi's typing quirk for emailing one of my friends . . . and then had to stop myself from using it in the homework notes I was typing for school. I actually started typing it with Terezi's quirk before realizing I was typing for school and that I should act normal.
• Feferi is found dead. :c (This is the main beginning from the fifth case that someone else posted.) Maybe for the opening scene, it could show just a flash of Terezi arriving at the palace, a scene of the area with columns where Fef is murdered, pan down to a silhouette of dead Fef and her maroon blood, and then fade out. Then after that, we could go to a scene with Terezi in a library (LACILIBRARY, PERHAPS!?) inside the palace.
• Terezi is pacing, thinking about what to do for the upcoming case. She’s conversing with her Scalemates. She has yet to meet with Detective Eridan, but she knows that Vriska has been accused of the murder. She’s doubting Vriska’s innocence. (I mean, 8LUH 8LUH HUGE 8ITCH, after all.)
• Terezi notices that her Pyralsprite plush has gone missing. Oh no!
• She sniffs him out, finding that he’s resting on a dusty shelf labeled ‘Ancestry.’ She sniffs out a journal that smells like Vriska’s blood; it turns out to be Marquise Spinneret Mindfang’s journal.
• Terezi flips to a random entry. She reads a small section of when Mindfang learned of Redglare’s investigation.
• Super excited that she’s stumbled across something about her own ancestor, Terezi begins searching for something having to do with Redglare. Eventually, she smells a book that seems to be very similar to her own blood. In fact, it’s Neophyte Redglare’s old court records and logbooks! o: Gasp! Just what the Legislacerator ordered! She begins reading.
ANC3STOR T1M3, GO! - Investigation One
• Redglare is doing her usual duties as a Legislacerator, when she is summoned to the Subjugglator’s Hall by the Unknown Subjugglator.
• Unknown Subjugglator has noticed that both Mindfang and Orphaner Dualscar have been becoming incredibly blackrom as of late, and is rather concerned about their goings-on. After all, they’ve been sailing and plundering and taking trolls for slaves, all of that good (evil?) stuff.
• As a result, Unknown Subjugglator has requested that Redglare look into the pair to determine just how he should deal with them. (Parallel to Mindfang’s journal, this is before Mindfang and Dualscar’s Kismesitude began to wane.)
• Redglare sets off on her investigative journey! Y4Y!
• She basically watches for a while, then sees the exchanges between Mindfang, Dualscar, and the slave occur. Redglare decides to question the slave and try exploring the ship a wee bit.
• The slave is reluctant to answer at first. I mean, after all, she’s scared out of her mind, and the consequences of talking about Mindfang (or Dualscar) could be terrible.
• Redglare, after talking to the slave some, exploring the ship a little, etc. finds enough evidence to shove into the slave’s face to prove that Y3S R3DGL4R3 KNOWS 4LL and the slave breaks down and tells her everything.
• While trying to leave the ship, Redglare runs into Dualscar. Eep! Sticky situation! Dualscar is on his way to kill the slave, and is much too angry to really care about Redglare. Of course, this doesn’t stop him from talking a tiny bit, insulting her and her blood some, and THEN leaving to kill the slave. So Redglare escapes without too much of a confrontation. (Obviously, she couldn’t rescue the slave, so she had to let that one go. BUT JUST1C3 W1LL B3 S3RV3D!)
• Redglare returns the next day to see the aftermath of the events that had transpired the night before. Obviously, Mindfang is furious. She was taking a liking to that slave! And out of jealousy, Dualscar went and had her killed. So the two of them are starting to quarrel more. Redglare patiently waits and watched over the next few days, taking information and evidence into her log.
• Soon, the arguments between Mindfang and Dualscar some to a climax, and their kismesitude is basically shot down. Dualscar’s kind of been burning bridges here, and Mindfang isn’t going to take that from anyone. She holds it over his head that she knows about his redrom feelings for Her Imperial Condescention. That shuts him up, and he retreats. Mindfang gloats to herself over a simple victory.
• Meanwhile, Redglare is in awe at the amount of information she has discovered. She returns to the Subjugglator’s Hall.
Wwaning Vvicariously - Trial One
• Redglare is outside the Subjugglator’s Hall, preparing the notes and info she has to show the Unknown Subjugglator. She’s all prepared to go in and approach the Unknown Subjugglator with all the results of her investigation thus far, when a certain caliginous someone just happens to swwim in.
• Dualscar, seething and wwild, bursts into the Subjugglator’s Hall suddenly, interrupting Redglare’s statement. In an angry mood, but nonetheless slightly entertained, Unknown Subjugglator agrees to allow Dualscar to approach the bench.
• Dualscar testifies about Mindfang’s lower-blood redrom affair with the slave. He makes it out to be some extremely terrible, high-class crime that – OH BY THE WWAY, HE HAD NOTHING TO DO WWITH, GLUB.
• Of course, knowing full well what all had happened, Redglare has to find contradictions in his case and shove them in his wwallowwing fishy face.
• Eventually, Redglare is able to break down his case enough that the whole truth comes out… Including Dualscar’s redrom feelings for Her Imperial Condescention. (OBVIOUSLY, those are worse than Mindfang’s feelings for a simple slave.)
• Unknown Subjugglator is NoT hApPy. In fact, he decides to kill Dualscar for his crimes, in addition to harboring red feelings for the Empress, and having an extremely shallow and unentertaining case. (The second Dualscar had set foot into the Hall, Unknown Subjugglator really had no intentions of letting him leave alive. Either way, Dualscar was gonna get decimated.)
• Unknown Subjugglator turns to Redglare and commands her to proceed with her investigations, as he still wants Mindfang brought down. Redglare happily agrees, and continues her pursuit of justice.
8ig Intense 8attle - Investigation Two
• It is nearly a week later, and Redglare is still waiting for just the right moment to swoop in and overtake Mindfang with JUST1C3. Mindfang is reluctant and doubtful of Redglare’s prowess, and does not really take any kind of precaution. As a result, Redglare is easily able to sneak around, gathering information about Mindfang’s whereabouts, where she tends to dock her ship, and the best time for making her move.
• Soon, Redglare finds that all the moments are just right. She and her dragon lusus, Pyralsprite, swoop down and set Mindfang’s ship(s) ablaze.
• Mindfang, in terror and anger and confusion, comes raging above deck. Surrounding her are ships, filled with red flames, licking and sparking through the air. All of her ships are being destroyed, and fast. All of them.
• Redglare (on Pyralsprite) swoops down and jumps aboard the ship. Pyralsprite hovers nearby.
• Mindfang is furious, a8out to 8reak something. She knows she has left her dice downstairs, and thus decides to attempt to buy time to reach for her blade.
• During this time, Redglare confronts her about the various deeds she’s done, about how she’s been carefully watching over Mindfang’s fleet and waiting for the chance to strike. After a little bit of arguing and explaining from both parties about motives and plans, Redglare shows Mindfang her lusus, Pyralsprite – or more importantly, Pyralsprite’s eyes.
• Mindfang looks directly into Pyralsprite’s eyes – a big mist8ke on her part. This burns Mindfang’s eyes. Enraged, she reaches for her blade, but it’s too late. Redglare cuts off her arm, and Mindfang passes out.
• Redglare takes Mindfang and jumps aboard Pyralsprite; they soar off to the Palace – and the Subjugglator’s Hall.
A )(elping )(and - 'Trial' Two
The word 'trial' is used loosely here; the following isn't quite a trial.
It was more like prep for one, and then the big end. D:
With the story the way it was, I couldn't think of how to have a true trial for Mindfang, especially when she says flat-out in her journal that Redglare never even made her opening statement. :c
• After arrival, Redglare immediately places Mindfang into captivity.
• Redglare heads for the Subjugglator’s Hall; it’s time to inform Unknown Subjugglator of her success and her findings.
• Upon arrival, the Unknown Subjugglator is nowhere to be seen. (Or smelled.) Redglare waits a little, then begins to leave. As she is doing so, she runs into Unknown Subjugglator, who is covered in blood of all colors – but most noticeably, those of lower classes. He is a myriad of reds, oranges, yellows, and greens.
• He’s also no longer in an entertainable mood; instead, he is angry. He thirsts for blood. He is pleased that Redglare has captured the 8lue-8looded 8itch, but that’s not enough. Now that Redglare has fulfilled her role and finished her job, he intends to finish her off, as well.
• Redglare is furious; this was a case for justice! And now, she finds out that Unknown Subjugglator just intended it to be something he would use to decorate his hall. Sickened and enraged, Redglare prepares to fight.
• Suddenly, just before the first mood is made, )(er Imperial Condescention appears, commanding Unknown Subjugglator to halt. Surprisingly, this works; after all, things back then were pretty strictly caste. Even if Unknown Subjugglator was potentially more powerful, she still ruled. And that was that.
• Her Imperial Condescention tells Redglare that justice must be served; if those who commit crimes are not punished righteously, then there is no justice at all. Furthermore, it is beyond imperative that the common people be shown that no matter what your blood color or caste role, one must be punished accordingly for their crimes. She declares that Mindfang will still be executed, but after a trial in front of the people of Alternia, led by Redglare.
• Redglare is in awe and respect, and leaves the Subjugglator’s Hall to prepare for the upcoming trial.
H4NG1NG BY 4 THR34D - Ending Cutscene
• Basically, these are the events of the trial. Mindfang is brought out onto the trial’s stage, in front of His Honorable Tyranny and the people of Alternia. Before Redglare can eve give her opening statement, Mindfang mind controls the commoners into thinking that Redglare is the one to be hanged. They do so. Redglare is dead. Mindfang fights His Honorable Tyranny, wins, and escapes.
• Terezi is upset. After all that hard work, her very own ancestor was brutally murdered, just like that. NO WOND3R 3V3RYON3 H4T3S TH3 SP1D3RTROLL. But Feferi’s ancestor, Her Imperial Condescention, was amazing. She actually stood up for justice and Redglare, just like Terezi wanted. SO TH4T S3TT3L3D 1T. T3R3Z1 PYROP3 1S ON TH3 C4SE. Regardless of whether Vriska was really innocent or not, she had to avenge poor Fef’s death and get to the bottom of this case.
So there you have it! :3 Let me know what you think. :D I'm definitely happy to change things up if need be. Oh, and I'd be happy to help work on sprites for this as well, perhaps. o: I can give it a shot, at least.
pesterchum: betaVoracious // alternia academy - a homestuck visual novel // skype : zomgenius