MSPA Forums
Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 1135

Thread: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: Nomination Time!

  1. #176

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    I'm not actually sure how long the trial period lasts, or whether it just has a limitation on the software until you buy it, or what. Actually it's possible that the free version doesn't let you save the files, which...would pretty much make it useless, I guess! So I hope that's not the case! In any case, if it's a limited-time deal, at least you can use it until it expires.

    (I don't actually know that much about the program, to be honest. I just know my dad uses it, and one time my friend and I fiddled around with it a bit and it seemed to work okay.)
    Chumhandle: ceruleanTresses

    Stuff I done wrote

  2. #177
    Accent? What accent? perfectlyFatal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Land of hills and rain (Scotland)
    Posts
    394

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    http://msparewrite.listen2myradio.com/ Well here's the link, It's just a matter of waiting till i get some music I think i'll put it offline just now cause im not playing anything

  3. #178
    No. SquirrelPants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Forest
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Posts
    1,935

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    WIP RECORDING
    Ringmaster of the Hive. I am not satisfied with how this has come out so far. It is hard to keep the voice while singing, not gonna lie.

    Skip to around 1:30, I couldn't figure out how to get rid of that part without having all my audio tracks get misaligned. Sorry!


    EDIT: I do appreciate any criticisms about specific things, though! So please tell!

  4. #179
    Tripolar Freak ScientificFlorist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Land of Slash and Insanity
    Posts
    236

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    @SquirrelPants: AMAZING voice contrast. Can you rap? If so, I'd love it if you tried "HaNdS tO tHe SkY" once you finish the project you're on.

    EDIT: In my lyricdump before, I missed one of my favorites!!

    IF YOU COULD HATE
    Last edited by ScientificFlorist; 03-25-2011 at 08:08 PM.

  5. #180
    No. SquirrelPants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Forest
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Posts
    1,935

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    Quote Originally Posted by ScientificFlorist View Post
    @SquirrelPants: AMAZING voice contrast. Can you rap? If so, I'd love it if you tried "HaNdS tO tHe SkY" once you finish the project you're on.
    I could try, I suppose. My backlog of projects to work on is getting larger and larger very quickly. :V

    I'm done with Ringmaster for now, though. It's been two days and I don't want to make it annoying for me, because I love Les Mis and also that song a lot. So I'll see what there is to be sung and save yours in my folder.

    ...Wait, am I getting requests to do songs now? Am I actually GOOD at this? WHAT?

  6. #181
    Viseroy of Pretty Kool Guy mediokreKarapase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Land of Punching Bears in the Face!
    Posts
    1,102

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    So, Eridan's Theme on guitar.



    That's definetly a thing that happened.

  7. #182
    No. SquirrelPants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Forest
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Posts
    1,935

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    @mediokreKarapase: That is wonderful.

  8. #183

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: Suddenly Popular!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Problem Inspector View Post
    I was going to suggest Prince Eri as our first song! Before we jump straight into this, we need to get an idea of how to make songs, throw em together, and see how long it takes to go from lyrics to song, and Prince Eri seems like the perfect place to start (since IS what inspired this thread and all)!
    I would definately agree with you there!
    As for editing songs, that's something I would enjoy doing.
    If you saw my post a page or so back where I put up my Prince Eri WIP, I did all the voices and editing on that myself with FL Studio 9. if others want to contribute to the song, they can PM me and we can work it through there! If anyone wants the RAW Karaoke file, or the raw audio files, and if they want to edit it, let me know and I can send em too you. And, vice versa, if y'all have recordings you'd like me to fit into the music, as well as maybe apply some filters, You just have to get me the audio files and I can assemble them for ya!
    I've left the forum community, I'm afraid.
    Bye guys.
    it's been real.

  9. #184
    Finally Back! Ace Problem Inspector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Land of Bourbon and Equines (Kentucky)
    Posts
    539

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    Gah! No time for posting! See you guys tomorrow!

  10. #185
    vociferocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    277

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    me and my pal have collab'd on a few lyric rewrites recently, so haha guess I might as well post them here! they're, I guess, "mostly finished"? there are some lines I'd really like to change, but derp derp I think we're both totally burned out so. /shrug.

    anyway! they're based on bad romance, tik tok, and teenage dream, respectively, because trashy pop music works so hilariously well for this sort of thing

    troll romance
    (I dedicate this song to eridan, the most desperate loser of us all.)


    tik towel
    (oh equius)


    diamond dream
    (a equius ♦ nepeta duet. we started to work out who would be singing which lines, but then got distracted forever by Sanctum. oh well!)


    if we vomit out any more of these, they'll definitely get posted here haha.
    Last edited by vociferocity; 07-07-2011 at 02:27 AM.

  11. #186
    SICK FIRES Polly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    mintt i would sing a duet with you any day of the week ;u;

    It's finally the weekend, so hopefully I will be able to record some stuff! And maybe finish that Legally Blonde song rewrite I started forever ago, buuuut that depends on how creative I'm feeling.

  12. #187

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelPants View Post
    WIP RECORDING
    Ringmaster of the Hive. I am not satisfied with how this has come out so far. It is hard to keep the voice while singing, not gonna lie.

    Skip to around 1:30, I couldn't figure out how to get rid of that part without having all my audio tracks get misaligned. Sorry!


    EDIT: I do appreciate any criticisms about specific things, though! So please tell!
    THIS IS SO GLORIOUS. I am so happy this finally got made! I've loved it ever since I first read it. And you did it really well!

    @vociferocity: Ahahahahaha! "Tik towel" is freaking hilarious and awesome in every way!
    Last edited by ceruleanTresses; 03-25-2011 at 11:49 PM.
    Chumhandle: ceruleanTresses

    Stuff I done wrote

  13. #188
    The X of Y Zosephine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DC Metro area
    Posts
    405

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    Quote Originally Posted by vociferocity View Post
    diamond dream
    (a equius ♦ nepeta duet. we started to work out who would be singing which lines, but then got distracted forever by Sanctum. oh well!)


    if we vomit out any more of these, they'll definitely get posted here haha.
    If I may ask, what song is this based on?

  14. #189
    In search of mad scientist lovelyAssistant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Land of Floods and Grit
    Posts
    1,536

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zosephine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vociferocity View Post
    diamond dream
    (a equius ♦ nepeta duet. we started to work out who would be singing which lines, but then got distracted forever by Sanctum. oh well!)


    if we vomit out any more of these, they'll definitely get posted here haha.
    If I may ask, what song is this based on?
    Teenage Dream, I think?
    lovelyAssistant on Pesterchum, OOC (just tell me if you want to talk to any of my characters )

  15. #190
    vociferocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    277

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    Quote Originally Posted by linguisticAnomaly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zosephine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vociferocity View Post
    diamond dream
    (a equius ♦ nepeta duet. we started to work out who would be singing which lines, but then got distracted forever by Sanctum. oh well!)


    if we vomit out any more of these, they'll definitely get posted here haha.
    If I may ask, what song is this based on?
    Teenage Dream, I think?
    I'm almost pawsitive I listed what they're all based on at the start of the post somewhere, but yeah, teenage dream lol
    Last edited by vociferocity; 03-26-2011 at 02:29 AM.

  16. #191
    No. SquirrelPants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Forest
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Posts
    1,935

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    Quote Originally Posted by ceruleanTresses View Post
    THIS IS SO GLORIOUS. I am so happy this finally got made! I've loved it ever since I first read it. And you did it really well!
    I hope it is at least okay! I spent TWO GODDAMN DAYS doing it. Usually when I do a song it takes a few hours tops.

  17. #192

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    You "hope" it's "at least okay?" SquirrelPants, you underestimate yourself. That was perfect. It was so awesomely sinister! All the voices were freaking awesome!
    Chumhandle: ceruleanTresses

    Stuff I done wrote

  18. #193

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    I was a little skeptical about this thread at first, because there's always been singing and song writing in the Voice Acting thread, it's not a new thing, but if this will result in more songs being made, then who am I to complain? (especially mintt and Polly, I love you two so much I would give you so many wwhales <3)

    I don't know if "Friends on the Other Side" is still a thing, but in case you wanted a reference, here are the ones that Jay-Arr and ApatheticZombie did before.



    spacetimeCounselor also wrote a lot of amazing songs that unfortunately never got properly voiced.

    However, if I could ask for any song to be done, it would be "It Sucks To Be Me" by Avenue Q, which was re-written by MightyMoose some time ago.

    There's been sooo many songs written, I really wish we had a song archive.
    I love it when you guys sing and voice-act, so keep it up and have fun!

  19. #194
    No. SquirrelPants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Forest
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Posts
    1,935

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    WIP(VERY VERY WIP)

    I did a test of singing with my Sollux voice on Alternian Pie. :V

  20. #195
    IT'S A BIRD. DapperTroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A desert
    Posts
    59

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelPants View Post
    WIP(VERY VERY WIP)

    I did a test of singing with my Sollux voice on Alternian Pie. :V
    Aww Sollux. I love it so far. :>

  21. #196
    No. SquirrelPants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Forest
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Posts
    1,935

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    Actually, I meant to tack on a request for a few more people to do other voices for that. I can do Sollux and Gamzee for sure, and I am trying to get a Karkat voice. Other than that I don't think I can find anything.

  22. #197
    IT'S A BIRD. DapperTroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A desert
    Posts
    59

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    "Alternia Is Awesome"
    I was watching Discovery Channel and so this got into my head.



    I might change Sollux's line later. If anyone has any suggestions. :>

  23. #198

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    Ahahaha, that's awesome, especially Aradia's line.

    If you aren't happy with Sollux's, maybe "ii love two wriite ~ATH"? According to the wiki, ~ATH is pronounced "till death," so the syllables still fit. But it is great the way it is!
    Chumhandle: ceruleanTresses

    Stuff I done wrote

  24. #199
    The X of Y Zosephine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DC Metro area
    Posts
    405

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    Quote Originally Posted by kayak View Post
    spacetimeCounselor also wrote a lot of amazing songs that unfortunately never got properly voiced.

    However, if I could ask for any song to be done, it would be "It Sucks To Be Me" by Avenue Q, which was re-written by MightyMoose some time ago.

    There's been sooo many songs written, I really wish we had a song archive.
    I love it when you guys sing and voice-act, so keep it up and have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by DapperTroll View Post
    "Alternia Is Awesome"
    I was watching Discovery Channel and so this got into my head.



    I might change Sollux's line later. If anyone has any suggestions. :>
    These are all soooooo cooooooool!

  25. #200
    Scout of Time MetalKirby54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Land of Trees and Snow
    Posts
    1,086

    Re: MSPA Lyric Re-writes and Singing: MSPA Radio!

    Quote Originally Posted by kayak View Post
    THOLLUKTH
    Why are you guyth tho happy?
    ...pfffff
    Thollukth.

    Anyway, I'll get to work on Tavros and Sollux lines for that Avenue Q parody.
    Iffin' ya don't mind.
    Last edited by MetalKirby54; 03-26-2011 at 11:48 AM.

Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •