MSPA Forums
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arcanastuck: From Pale to Pails! [The actual RP]

Re: Arcanastuck [The actual RP]

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyHarmless View Post
    ((Derp for some reason I thought you were suggesting them as leaders rather than objecting. I think I need to get more sleep and or learn how to read. Anybody mind if I make a little retcon my last post?))
    ((The Memo's kind of evolved a little from that mistake. You could just say it was something you thought in character?))
    Fantrolls, RPs and other miscellanea:

GIGA! EYELASH! BREAKAAAAAAAH! EightBlade's Avatar

Wind blew past Septor's face as he gripped the rope for dear life. But alas, he couldn't let this momentary set back sabotage all the work he had put into this. He had finally found his ancestor's lair, he couldn't just walk away because of a lack of stairs. The ancient hive was high, no doubt. But Septor had his pride as a thief, he couldn't let mere architecture beat him. And so, with dreams of the ancestral treasure burning in his mind, he climbed ever faster. After minutes of rope burn and blisters, he had finally made it. He was finally there, and whatever treasure inside awaited him! Slowly he opened the door....
    (WHAT THE EVERLOVING SWEET JEGU$ FUCK IS THI$ SHIT!?)
    And exploded in pure rage.

The room was gogdamn empty! Except for a huge safe. A lockless safe. He can't pick a lock that doesn't fucking exist! Gnashing his teeth, Septor captchalogued the safe into his sylladex. There must be a trick to opening the thing, he thought. But he wasn't in the mood now. With utter rage still burning in his eyes, Septor slid down the rope and retreated to his hive.

It was only once he returned that Septor noticed his captchalogued computer beeping. A memo had been started, but Septor was too angry to give two shits. Probably just some lowblood bullshit. But hell, atleast his morail had decided to finally fucking reply. He then went on to have the AWESOME AND COMPLEX conversation seen on post 21#

FLARPING, huh? Septor hadn't FLARPED in ages. He missed the thrill of fighting monsters, even if he wouldn't admit it. He wouldn't admit much about his days of FLARPING, for he was ashamed of them. Such horrible luck that he hadn't found a single decent piece of LOOT. But that didn't matter, he had pieced the journal back together, even if it had taken ages. But then that fucking safe! Fuck that, he'd find a way to open the damn thing.

Finally giving the memo a look, Septor was appalled at what he saw. The lowblood green and the pondscum leading teams? Not on Septor's goddamn watch!. And so he responded to the long winded memo with....
    RB: (YOU DARE ELECT TEAM LEADER$ WITHOUT ME, $EPTOR ORDINA? NOT ON MY GODDAMN WATCH)
    RB: (I DEMAND TO BE PUT IN-CHARGE OF ONE TEAM!)

Back off, man, I'm a scientist TheRedMage's Avatar
    Wherever it is, there's this creepy blind girl who keeps saying I'm the "B3ST T4ST1NG M4G3".

RA: Apparently... Apparently all the trolls I loathe are deeply intent on being in this thing.
    RA: You... You can add RB to the list of people I'm not going to accept as a leader.

Setern sighed and went once more to check if there was anything off in the plains. Still nothing.

For a Troll, he didn't harbor deep hate for a large number of people. As a matter of fact, now that he thought about it there were only two that he couldn't really stand. And both of them were going to play this so-called game with him. He strongly considered resigning.

Whatever. He would not have let those assholes get in the way of some fun with his friends. Too much has passed since he last did... Well, anything with them. Moreover he kinda remembered Pythia mentioning that "this game was important".
    Last edited by TheRedMage; 03-27-2011 at 08:25 PM.
    Sigquotes:
    Troll(s) and Human(s)

II: We were not fighting, Turaya, Setern is merely being difficult.
    II: I am the obvious Choice as a team leader, and he knows it.
    II: I think perhaps you and he need to have a Chat. He C-ms to be waxing rather black for me at the moment, and while it is very flattering I think you need to remind him again why we are in this quadrant. >:]
    Last edited by AdmiralIronclad; 03-27-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Land of Books and Sun (Alabama, United States, actually)

AA: Septor, being a leader requires the respect of those who follow you. You command no respect among most people here.
    AA: Here is my solution: Assign teams if you must (I personally think it is silly) but do not assign leaders. Let those within the team with the greatest capacity for leadership rise to the top by virtue of their abilities and the trust their comrades have in them.
    "Be a sadist. No matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them in order that the reader may see what they are made of." -Kurt Vonnegut

DS: I'm g()ing by wha7 I can see, and wha7 I see is ()bvi()us antag()nism ()n b()7h sides
    DS: and a!s() t()wards ()7her 7r()!!s.
    DS: I'm sure if I asked Se7ern, he w()u!d say 7he exac7 same 7hing ab()ut y()u, hahaha.
    DS: I rea!!y !ike AA's idea, ac7ua!!y.
    Last edited by Yuutousei; 03-27-2011 at 08:36 PM.
    normally on pesterchum (ghostlySamurai)
    go ahead and talk to me.

Braaaaaaains...

He sighs with relief as the greenblood left the chat, but he dared not speak another word. He put his attention back onto the memo, and with an audible grunt, Gadusk lays eyes on a name he wish he could forget.

BF: nO OnE Is gOIng tO wAstE thEIr tImE vOtIng on yOUr ArrOgAnt Ass, rb
    BF: gO bAck tO stEAlIng wAllEts Or sOmE shIt
    BF: And I AInt trUstIng AnYOnE whO bElIEvEs thE chOIcE Is ObvIOUs
    BF: thE grEENblOOd hAs thE mOst rEAsOnIblE IdEA OUt Of YOU AsshOles
    Last edited by TurtleZombie; 03-27-2011 at 08:43 PM.

RB: (Oh, the paranoid cripple and hi$ widdle morail DARE doubt my abilitie$ of leader$hip?!)
    RB: (Hehehehehe)
    RB: (Oh, i$ that you brownblood? Done ba$king in your little lootle$$ mud puddle?)
    RB: (I'll $how you ALL how fooli$h you all are for doubting $eptor Ordina!)

AA: Disregarding the puerile insults, if you are truly such a great leader, Septor, you do not need to be assigned.
    AA: You will simply, as I mentioned, rise to the top by your merits.
    AA: Take it as a challenge to overcome, if you must.
    AA: A word of advice, though: leaders do not needlessly berate those they might or will lead.
    "Be a sadist. No matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them in order that the reader may see what they are made of." -Kurt Vonnegut

Under a rock - AKA the roleplaying subforum.

AO: II'm wiith AA, fuck leader2.
    AO: Why the 2hiit are we 2pliitiing up anyway2?
    AO: Al2o, rb, II'd heard good thiing2 about you but you're a horriible dii2apoiintment. Why don't you go 2hove your bulge iin a cluckbea2t?
    I am a terrible influence.

Wherever it is, there's this creepy blind girl who keeps saying I'm the "B3ST T4ST1NG M4G3".

RA: Good... Good things about him from who exactly?
    RA: Also... Also, I'm with Pythia on the leaders thing but that goes without saying.
    RA: I... I didn't think I could find someone to whom I'd prefer Ferros as a leader but there, RB, you've done it. You are that someone. It's you.
    Last edited by TheRedMage; 03-27-2011 at 08:51 PM.
    Sigquotes:
    Troll(s) and Human(s)

II: Yes, a most agreeable proposition AA.
    II: A true leader shall become evident once the game has begun, I am Certain.
    II: I also must Confess my surprise, AO. I was Certain there was no-one on Alternia who had anything good to say about RB.
    Last edited by AdmiralIronclad; 03-27-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Braaaaaaains...

BF: Ill shOw yOU hOw fOOlIsh YOU lOOk whEn mY fIst gOEs dOwn yOUr fUckIng prOtEIn shOOt, sEptOr
    Last edited by TurtleZombie; 03-27-2011 at 08:56 PM.

CM: WHY WOU7DN'7 WE SP7I7 IN7O 7EAMS 7OHQUA?
    CM: GAMES ARE ABOU7 WINNING.
    CM: IN ORDER 7O WIN SOMEBODY E7SE HAS 7O 7OSE.
    CM: HENCE WE SP7I7 IN7O 7EAMS.
    CM: ANYWAYS I GUESS I'M DOWN WI7H AA'S P7AN.
    CM: WE'77 DECIDE WHO 7EADS BASED ON 7A7EN7 A7ONE.
    CM: BY 7HE WAY.
    CM: IF ANY OF YOU GUYS WAN7 7O SAVE 7IME BY CA77ING ME CAP7AIN NOW RA7HER 7HAN 7A7ER, I'M COO7 WI7H 7HA7.
    Spoilered Signature Tomfoolery

DS: Aww, c()me ()n every()ne. Sep7()r isn'7 7ha7 bad!
    Last edited by Yuutousei; 03-27-2011 at 09:13 PM.
    normally on pesterchum (ghostlySamurai)
    go ahead and talk to me.

Septor could handle the insults, he was used to them. He was used to them not understanding how great he was, they never had. But he'd goddamn show them, he'd MAKE them respect him. Even if he was being defended by that loathsome greenblood. That just made his determination stronger. He'd prove them wrong, he'd prove he didn't need their diminutive friendship and kindness. He was Septor Ordina, he was above that.

RB: (I figure the in$ult$ are good enough to keep you grub$ in line, obviou$ly you're all more $tubbornly $tupid than I gave you credit for.)
    RB: (But the annoyingly grammatically correct jade blood ha$ the be$t $olution.)
    RB: (If none of you will accept me a$ leader, I'll ju$t prove it to you all.)
    RB: (Then you'll goddamn $ee.)
    RB: (And dirtblood, let me $ee how much of a big grub you are once you get acquainted with my axe)

RA: So... So, RB, seriously, enough bloodtalk. Also, one of the reasons i second AA's solution is that you are NEVER going to lead anything that way.
    RA: As... As for Turaya's comments, I can guarantee that RB's all kinds of "that bad".
    RA: Also... Also, Ferros, i didn't notice your earlier comments, I'd like you to keep the quadrants talk out of public fucking memos.
    RA: The... The reason I'm saying I'd rather eat molten lead than being in a team led by you is that you have the peoples skill of a musclebeast, nothing more, nothing less.
    Sigquotes:
    Troll(s) and Human(s)

II: Yes, perhaps it was a touch Crude of me to be so personal. Though as I C-m to recall it was you who was unable to keep his emotions in Check.
    II: And I resent such accusations wholeheartedly. My manner is both helpful and diplomatic, I shall have you know.
    II: But this is all besides the point. It C-ms we have decided upon AA's Clearly Commendable idea.

Braaaaaaains...

BF: AAs IdEA Is thE OnlY OnE thAt mAkEs sEnsE If yOU hAvE hAlf A thInk pAn
    BF: Its nOt pErfEct, bUt pErfEctIOn cAn gO fUck ItsElf As lOng As It wORks

Well, it seemed everyone had accepted Pythia's solution. She allowed herself a moment of sheer pride at a well-executed bit of...well, one could call it "auspisticeship". As far as she was concerned, this just proved how great of an auspistice she was. Feross and Setern will likely still bicker, of course, but it is not your role to stabilize their relationship.

Speaking of auspisticeship, though, I wonder if I should invite any of my auspistices to this game...? She looked over some of the other names in her trollian window, trolls she had been keeping from killing each other for sweeps. In the end, though, would I be able to keep up the stress of managing those relationships while dealing with this game? The horrorterrors did say that only so many people would join this... Maybe it's best to leave this to the hands of Fate. If my auspistices see this memo and join, wonderful. If not... Well, I'm still not entirely sure what will happen. They never really told me. Perhaps I should ask later?

Pythia decided, while she waited for the game to begin, to head off to her personal library. It is a quick trip from your computer/office room and into the next one. The room is tall, with a vaunted cieling, and imposing bookshelves much larger than you line the walls everywhere, save for windows to let the light in. Sitting beside a few bookcases were two large stepladders on wheels, much as were used in actual libraries. The familiar and pleasing scent of old books filled her senses, and she was at home. While most read books on their computer, she always had a fascination with actual, physical, bound books.

But she was not there for the books that stood outside--while those books were pleasing in their own rights, that was not what she felt like reading. She moved over to one of the bookcases and slowly managed to pull it forward, and it spun so that its right side was facing the outside. Within her secret passage was her most prized collection: books outlawed by the Alternian state. It was always difficult acquiring these without being traced, but sometimes it came in handy having Setern as a moirail. On the off chance that he found a copy of an outlawed book on one of his jobs, he would find a way to deliver it to her.

She strolled over to the much smaller collection of outlawed books, suppressing a cough from the kicked up dust and old air in this secret room. Amongst the various tomes was her personal favorite, and one that held a deep meaning for her: The Apology of Hipparchia.

It was the only written copy, as far as Pythia knew, of Hipparchia's famous defense before the Alternian state. When feeling scared or sad, she would often find solace in this book, and marvel at the courage before death of her famous ancestor. These were the final words of the woman Pythia had idolized and emulated all her life, and she could think of no better time to reread this than on the brink of whatever adventures this Sgrub game would bring.

AO: II, IIt'2 pretty obviiou2 at thii2 poiint HL ii2 full of 2hiit and not to be lii2tened to.
    AO: And RB, iif you don't leave BF alone II wiill fuckiing eat you.

RB: (Keep your in$ufferable mate$prite in check if you wi$h hi$ $afety, mutant.)
    RB: (And don't you dare in$ult HL in my pre$ence, or I will evi$cerate you.)

AO: 2ay that agaiin and II'll be makiing a dre22 from your hiide you iin2ufferable priick.
    AO: Keep your 100diicrou2ly e%aggerated iin2ult2 to your2elf.

AA: Honestly, what use do these snipes have? You two are just going to continue to bicker in this memo and it is not in any way conducive to what we are trying to accomplish.
    AA: If you have to fight, take it to a personal conversation, please.

[QUOTE=Naevius;4881661]

HL: umm.. thnk yu fr the bck up Septr, but like everyne hs been sying...
    HL: mybe we shuld get bck nt trck f leders nd hw this is ging t wrk insted f bickering.
    HL: ...srry fr trying t demnd yu ll then

Carsha scratches himself and realises that for the first time ever someone actually hates him, this is a completely foreign feeling and is odd. However the feeling is shrugged off quickly and goes back to wondering what the hell is going on.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast