MSPA Forums
Page 18 of 99 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920212868 ... LastLast

Thread: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus - Artists Needed

Re: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus

So, I have this image which could be used for the Gamzee segment.

LOCust-3172, a space-trotting RP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoraķatheð Zorethan
    Life is an extremely convoluted process that starts with you being dust and ends with you being dust in an extremely roundabout way that somehow involves checking email a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sega View Post

Edit: Example of shit I can do. Not exactly top notch but that's why it's a fan project.

What are you talking about? That's awesome. Welcome to the team.

Also, are we gunna have a place were we can upload and talk about things other than the forum. :O I mean, the forums cool and all but sometimes I like talking to people in real time and I don't think its a good idea to sift through pages of forum to find all the images and piece them together when it comes to the final project and maybe even worse when trying to import things.

And lastly, is anyone willing to make some text images for me. I'd really like a GREIF image I can play around with along with some other things along that scheme. (abscond, aggrieve options,)
    The second thing I'd like is that THIS IS TERRIFYING text I was talking about in my previous post. It should be flashing red and white but you can feel free to change the colors. I'll try to get the image up with out the text up.

The two original images with gamzee in hero/murder mode http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005345
    http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004723

Quote Originally Posted by polarBaroness View Post

I don't know why
    but Terezi's shocked face
    makes me think of Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff
    It makes me think of it now too. Must be the mouth :Y

Quote Originally Posted by menaicalMechanic View Post
    Also, are we gunna have a place were we can upload and talk about things other than the forum. :O I mean, the forums cool and all but sometimes I like talking to people in real time and I don't think its a good idea to sift through pages of forum to find all the images and piece them together when it comes to the final project and maybe even worse when trying to import things.
    That would really be a good idea! Sadly, I don’t really know where we could talk in real time, but I’m willing to add people to my MSN contacts to discuss about storyboards and stuff like that.

And , WOAH, Sega, the things you do are freaking amazing I love the way the sky changes color in your animation! In fact, I like everything about it.

Pesterchum memo maybe?

I don't have pesterchum, but I hear the development team has the memo/group chat stuff down to a science.

Quote Originally Posted by Windwaker View Post
    Pesterchum memo maybe?

I don't have pesterchum, but I hear the development team has the memo/group chat stuff down to a science.
    Pesterchum is a good idea and they're pretty easy to make. :O I might consider putting one up, but I don't use pesterchum so much. If anyone wants to bug me about it my pesterchum is the same as my name here.

EDIT: Okay, I made one. Not sure if this works but it's SRDA_Discussion if you want to drop by.
    Last edited by menaicalMechanic; 04-24-2011 at 11:51 PM. Reason: MEMO TIME

i just wanted to come in and say that i'll be busy with other things for the next couple of weeks but i intend to come back and pitch some storyboards, talk about kanaya's dress, help with the opening sequence, and whatever else i said i'd do as soon as my schedule is unhindered

i doubt i'll manage to remain completely absent though

For the first second or so of the Gamzee part and last second of the solaradia part, a transitional frame if you will. Slightly wider than stage size to allow for panning. I'm sticking this into a flash file myself, but unless anyone has any objects I like to post here to show my progress, whatever there is. Also other people might spot my mistakes for me.

And here is the teeny tiny aradia without blur, in case any are needed dotted in a background.

My request: I'm not too good at drawing the homestuck style meteors. Could anyone draw up/extract one or two for me?

Edit: Making very very good progress with this segment, even. Like I said, I need some help with meteors though. A few detailed ones, like the one in Jade Enter.

These things I'm posting... are more like teasers instead of usable assets. Argh.

What I imagine here is a large meteor coming down, which they redirect together. After that comes the smaller ones. I cannot draw the large meteor though, for some reason it is beyond me.
    Last edited by Sega; 04-25-2011 at 07:58 AM.

Alright, now that the Easter gift exchange thing is over, I'll get my ass on those drawings I promised.
    Facebook ~ Deviant Art ~ Twitter ~ Tumblr ~ Formspring
    Your trolltag is macabreMenagerie ~ Avatar by catastrophicGenesis ~ Fans on the West Coast

Soul of Space, apparently. PaperHelmet's Avatar

Please use/modify this in any way you see fit. Or don't, if there's no spot for it.

I'd be happy to help out with this flash in any way possible. Feel free to drop me a request if need be.

While I agree that a real-time chat would be helpful, I remain unable to use Pesterchum in any form. I haven't been able to make it work at university or at home. I don't know if this is an issue for anyone else, but if it is then another possible avenue would be typewith.me, which I've used in the past to great effect.

e: Welp, the new release just made a liar out of me. I'm good to go!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flobee View Post
    as far as i know, nothing has ever been officially, unequivocally decided upon. we mainly just have hundreds of ideas floating all around just waiting to be agreed upon.

with the way the song actually feels and goes, and the way the commentary describes kanaya's part (stops the music, all attention gets focused on her. kind of like a solo in the spotlight on stage!), i firmly stand behind my idea of having kanaya walking out of the shadows (or your idea, the smoke from tavros's crash! thats a great idea!), applying some lipstick before switching it into the chainsaw and going crazy ala jack noir in Descend.
    (http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread...=1#post4953756
    http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread...=1#post4949176 ).

i just think it works better with the feel of her part of the song, more than the other idea a lot of people seem to be throwing around at the moment of having her ride in on tavros's jet car and leap off into the fray.

i think kanaya should be the center of attention in her piece, it just feels right to me.

so if you like, by all means do a storyboard of this! i'd love to see it, and it could help show everybody else what i'm talking about.
    Okay, then! I'm cool with this. I'll start drawing the storyboard and pray that I don't do like last time and make it so large that my tablet commits seppuku.

As for the Pesterchum thing, since I'm all over that, too, I'll jump into the memo upon returning home. (Though, I tend to have problems with Pesterchum randomly freezing and unfreezing on me, so I'm just as willing to add people to MSN and Skype).

oh not sure if this has been said

but some part of gamzee's sequence should be blurry
    even if just to keep the joke going

To go somewhere

That's so awesome! The shadowing looks great. his little tongue...
    Facebook ~ Deviant Art ~ Twitter ~ Tumblr ~ Formspring
    Your trolltag is macabreMenagerie ~ Avatar by catastrophicGenesis ~ Fans on the West Coast

has catGenes catastrophicGenesis's Avatar

...This looks like it is going to be all kinds of awesome.

Alas, the only thing I can probably provide is meteors. And possibly silhouettes, if you want any of those.
    ->Place insanely rambly sig under spoiler tag for the sanity of all involved

Quote Originally Posted by catastrophicGenesis View Post
    ...This looks like it is going to be all kinds of awesome.

Alas, the only thing I can probably provide is meteors. And possibly silhouettes, if you want any of those.
    Given Sega's recent request that seems like it would be conveniently useful.

I ship all the ships. Monstaman's Avatar

I have similar Pesterchum issues. 1.5b2 is the latest version, right?
    I am a human being of unspecified social status and I perform activities of a certain nature for varying lengths of time.

Idea for why Vriska waits until the end of the song to attack: early on, a tentacle or something hits her with the SFX 8ad 8r8k!!!!!!!!

It should probably be a quick 1-2 second thing (maybe in the background) since you don't want to focus on her too much until the end.

Vindictive Chemotherapy Lord Obselescence's Avatar

All right, guys. In the middle of updating the OP right now, and I've managed to get all the artistic stuff that we have so far into a neat and (hopefully easy-to-find) place. Everything is sorted by character at current, and the artist's name can be found by each link in parenthesis.

Hopefully this makes it easier to find who's done what where.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Oh, also, I can't seem to find the SRDA_Discussion Memo in the Pesterchum Memos list. Am I the only one? I'm kind of new to Memos, so I dunno. :X

Also Sega continues to be super-amazing.
    Last edited by Obselescence; 04-25-2011 at 04:52 PM.

I didn't even realize a memo had been opened yet. Is it private?

menaicalMechanic made one yesterday, but I guess that without the people who made the memo, it disappears. So, let's just make another?

Right, so, uh... remade SRDA_Discussion then, if anybody wants to hop on it. :X

Oh snaps, I was thinking of getting Flash and tackling a project just like this alone, but now that this is here
    What can I do to help, guys? Do I provide a portfolio type of application or do I just-
    what do I do, I want to get on board, this song is too amazing to not have visuals to

Quote Originally Posted by takumireki View Post
    Oh snaps, I was thinking of getting Flash and tackling a project just like this alone, but now that this is here
    What can I do to help, guys? Do I provide a portfolio type of application or do I just-
    what do I do, I want to get on board, this song is too amazing to not have visuals to
    Mostly it's just a "Just get in on things if you want to help" process. Look around the OP for a scene you want to make art for and just submit what you make.

Right now it'd be pretty nice if we had more stuff for the beginning/early parts of the storyboard (so animation work could start stringing things together), but feel free to get on whatever you feel like doing.

Uh yeah, sorry, I was at school and I didn't get home til recently. :O I'll be waiting in the new memo now, and hopefully drawing if I can find my tablet pen in this mess.

Also, Hey. What framerate are we working at here?
    Last edited by menaicalMechanic; 04-25-2011 at 07:09 PM.