MSPA Forums
Page 19 of 99 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021222969 ... LastLast

Thread: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus - Artists Needed

Re: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus

Sorry to switch on you guys, but looking back on the OP, I'd kind of like to do
    0:15 - 0:30 - Pan shot of the twelve trolls, in order of introduction (Karkat, Gamzee, Terezi, Sollux, Tavros, Aradia, Nepeta, Vriska, Equius, Kanaya, Eridan, Feferi).
    Everybody is angrily glaring back (about to get into the fight), except for Gamzee, who should have a zoned-out "What's going on?" expression.
    Would that be okay?
    Facebook ~ Deviant Art ~ Twitter ~ Tumblr ~ Formspring
    Your trolltag is macabreMenagerie ~ Avatar by catastrophicGenesis ~ Fans on the West Coast

Vindictive Chemotherapy Lord Obselescence's Avatar

Yeah, that'd totally be fine (don't even feel like you have to ask). :P

Hey uh I made this thing and I know it's not in the storyboard but I realized, not everyone got a rocket thing. And I thought of Nepeta's. (I suppose she could shoot it at things too).

quu otes

YES.
    HELL YES.
    HELL FUCKING YES.

That is the best thing.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

That will be used when she is thrown by Equius, in the fastball special planned for the two. Someone add Equius throwing her, and lengthen the flight time, and we have the throw and airtime of the attack done.

Vindictive Chemotherapy Lord Obselescence's Avatar

Hi guys. Got a mock-up for how I see the initial troll-posing going down. Sorry about the poor-quality. I made it fast. :X

Idea: Each of the trolls' successive attacks 'deprototype' the Black King, by either severing or seriously maiming the parts of him that they were respectively responsible for adding.
    So Karkat would slice up BK's claws, Terezi would punch holes in his wings, Equius would break his back legs, etc.
    Vriska's attack would remove BK's size--by blowing him to pieces.

Idea: Start with the Black King battling the White King. The White King is killed, and the Black King takes his staff and begins the Reckoning. The Reckoning would begin at the pipe organ segment at the beginning.

Idea: The Black King's final, desperate attack wipes out all the trolls-except Vriska, who emerges from the smoke, bright orange and completely unharmed. God Tier invincibility has its benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    Idea: Each of the trolls' successive attacks 'deprototype' the Black King, by either severing or seriously maiming the parts of him that they were respectively responsible for adding.
    So Karkat would slice up BK's claws, Terezi would punch holes in his wings, Equius would break his back legs, etc.
    Vriska's attack would remove BK's size--by blowing him to pieces.
    this might be a good way to incorporate everything and avoid repetition

This is how my storyboards look like, any objections so far or should I get on with the detailing?
    Edit: Ok this is not a storyboard, I realize that, it is more of a 'I want to do this, I will do this if it is ok' type thing
    Last edited by Takum; 04-25-2011 at 08:01 PM.

has catGenes catastrophicGenesis's Avatar

Uh, s'not actually done yet. Just thought I'd check in with segas before I go cratering the whole thing; this okay, once its got a full complement of craters? And do you want the tail or not, and do you want it longer? and I'm probably going to have to shrink this, aren't I?
    ->Place insanely rambly sig under spoiler tag for the sanity of all involved

Quote Originally Posted by GenetiXientist View Post
    That will be used when she is thrown by Equius, in the fastball special planned for the two. Someone add Equius throwing her, and lengthen the flight time, and we have the throw and airtime of the attack done.
    Doing that now.

pshhhank
    quu otes

Idea: The Black King's final, desperate attack wipes out all the trolls-except Vriska, who emerges from the smoke, bright orange and completely unharmed. God Tier invincibility has its benefits.
    The problem with this is that the trolls don't die at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by takumireki View Post

This is how my storyboards look like, any objections so far or should I get on with the detailing?
    I'm okay with this. I want to see it detailed~

And, okay guys, I'm sorry to get derailed from the storyboard (I really am working on it), but since this is a little relevant, I decided to do a little concept art for Kanaya's dress (even though it won't even be used for that long, lol). Spoiler'd because it's kind of large.

Any objections/suggestions? Not adding any color just yet because I'm still iffy on the color scheme myself.

Quote Originally Posted by appleaerosol View Post
    And, okay guys, I'm sorry to get derailed from the storyboard (I really am working on it), but since this is a little relevant, I decided to do a little concept art for Kanaya's dress (even though it won't even be used for that long, lol). Spoiler'd because it's kind of large.

Any objections/suggestions? Not adding any color just yet because I'm still iffy on the color scheme myself.
    I really, really like this, and think we should use it. As a color scheme, I think it might be cool to make it white (for the main dress) and jade (scarf and accents), as those are the colors of Rose's dress inverted.
    Your trolltag is macabreMenagerie ~ Avatar by catastrophicGenesis ~ Fans on the West Coast

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    I really, really like this, and think we should use it. As a color scheme, I think it might be cool to make it white (for the main dress) and jade (scarf and accents), as those are the colors of Rose's dress inverted.
    Is it silly that the color scheme reminds me of Rainbow Drinker Kanaya given the mix of jade green and vibrant white? Not that it isn't a lovely color scheme, but I just thought that was cool. Inverted Rose colors = Rainbow Drinker Kanaya colors.

Quote Originally Posted by appleaerosol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Is it silly that the color scheme reminds me of Rainbow Drinker Kanaya given the mix of jade green and vibrant white? Not that it isn't a lovely color scheme, but I just thought that was cool. Inverted Rose colors = Rainbow Drinker Kanaya colors.
    I thought the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hpp3 View Post
    The problem with this is that the trolls don't die at this point?
    What I meant is that they're all incapacitated in some form or fashion.

i tried to keep myself away from here but we're talking about kanaya's dress now

apple's is cool. it's just i've been making some dress designs for a while now but have been hesitant to show them because they are sketchy and on paper. so i threw this image together in the time it takes to get to horschestra on the alterniabound album. it's still rough but this just happens to be one of my favorites so far

my plan was to make it frog/pond/loraf themed so a lily pad and water lily are necessary. and i don't know what it is but kanaya wears asian dresses perfectly (there's a kimono version too). but on this dress, those buttons are called FROG buttons

Quote Originally Posted by t00swift4u View Post
    i tried to keep myself away from here but we're talking about kanaya's dress now

apple's is cool. it's just i've been making some dress designs for a while now but have been hesitant to show them because they are sketchy and on paper. so i threw this image together in the time it takes to get to horschestra on the alterniabound album. it's still rough but this just happens to be one of my favorites so far

my plan was to make it frog/pond/loraf themed so a lily pad and water lily are necessary. and i don't know what it is but kanaya wears asian dresses perfectly (there's a kimono version too). but on this dress, those buttons are called FROG buttons
    oh my gaaaaaaaaah

That is such a cute outfit. ;n; The stockings are a little bright, though, and the skirt seems a tad poofy. (I'm sorry, you just said it's a rough, but those just really bother me).

I really want to see the kimono version. And you're right about Kanaya and asian dresses.

Okay fixed. Here we go:

(Credit to Eyes5 for the Equius hopping and Nepeta pouncing sprites from Make Her Pay)
    Last edited by Constonks; 04-25-2011 at 09:59 PM.
    quu otes

@apple
    i specialize in poofy skirts and water lilies just happen to work with that but i can change whatever. i was going to make a sheet of all the different designs i did down to minute variations once i found the time but maybe i can do one more right now

forgot to mention the inverted rose dress is rather striking

Here until the end of time Blaperile's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

If we do that inverted Rose dress, maybe she could make an entrance like Rose did in Seer: Descend? Falling out of the sky, and stuff. But that would probably only work if she was on Tavros' rocketchair.

I don't know how useful this contribution may be, but...

Ever since I bought the album and could pick out the trolls' individual parts, I've had a fairly specific image in mind for Kanaya's entrance. You know how her part starts with those two notes, and then a run? I envision each of those notes corresponding to a footstep - step, step, pan-up-or-out during the run.

I wish I could put it more clearly, but I'd have to actually draw it, animate it, and set it to the music, at which point this word-based explanation/suggestion would be completely extraneous. Also I don't know how to animate.

Quote Originally Posted by catastrophicGenesis View Post
    Uh, s'not actually done yet. Just thought I'd check in with segas before I go cratering the whole thing; this okay, once its got a full complement of craters? And do you want the tail or not, and do you want it longer? and I'm probably going to have to shrink this, aren't I?
    The size is fine, ideal even, and no tail is preferred. Looking good, though