MSPA Forums
Page 1 of 99 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus - Artists Needed

Vindictive Chemotherapy Lord Obselescence's Avatar

[S] Rex Duodecim Angelus - Artists Needed

Notice: It is a really good idea to at least skim through the thread before jumping in on any of the discussion. Several things have already been discussed out, and it looks better for everybody if you do not accidentally revive a horse that was beaten to death only to beat it more.

LINK TO THE WIKI (Where you will find a complete list of assets made for [S]RDA)

Alterniabound, the latest amazing album for Homestuck, features a really cool song by the name of Rex Duodecim Angelus.

If you haven't heard it yet, you need to check this stuff out.

The idea of the song was to be the background music to the epic final boss fight of Hivebent, featuring our twelve favorite trolls against a 12x prototyped Black King. The only problem was that the battle doesn't exist. There isn't a flash for the music to play to.

Or, at least, there isn't one yet.

The goal of this project would be to piece together a Fan [S] comic for the Black King battle (to the tune of Rex Duodecim Angelus, of course), using the amazing artistic and creative resources of MSPA Forums. Hands up, everybody. This is something that has to hapen.

Now, in order to actually go through with this, we need several things. The first would be a storyboard, detailing the events of the flash in order, so that we actually know what needs to be drawn, what needs to be done, and so on.

So, through some heavy listening, I've taken the liberty of piecing together a basic storyboard:

From this base and everybody's creative input, we'll hopefully be able to produce a storyboard that we can stick to -- allowing our effort to be focused on the nuts and bolts of actually building this thing.

The second thing we need is also really important: artistic talent. Flashes don't build themselves, and to make this project, it's going to be really critical that we get some artists on board to help produce the assets for this. If anybody thinks they can help, don't hesitate!

So, in a nutshell, we've got two basic necessities for [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus:

1. A concrete storyboard that we can all agree on.
    2. Artists. The more the better.

All said, we're hoping we can produce something to be proud of.

Also something that will be really really mind-blowingly awesome.

So, yeah. Black King Fight Flash.

ARTISTIC ASSETS SO FAR:

Also an IRC channel at #SRDA at irc.esper.net
    Last edited by Obselescence; 08-13-2011 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Storyboard updating

Pronouns
    he/him/his

Re: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus

As with the last thread, totally up for this.
    Artist preferably, but I can probably sketch out some storyboard stuff if you need it.

putting the "hell" in"no". Ace Rimmer's Avatar

Also: as the creator of the last topic, I will kinda colead with obselescense. I will just be like a second eye with the project.

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I will provide moral support, as I can't draw very well.

YESYESYESYESYES THIS NEEDS TO COME TO FRUITION

Quote Originally Posted by Vero View Post
    As with the last thread, totally up for this.
    Artist preferably, but I can probably sketch out some storyboard stuff if you need it.
    All the artistic talent we can get. Whatever you're comfortable with contributing. Artwork, storyboard sketching, etc. Ideally, something would be claimed from the storyboard, so we can have a good idea of who's working on what.

Ok so, is there anyway that i can help since i cant draw for shit? MAYBE PLANNING MAYBE

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
    Ok so, is there anyway that i can help since i cant draw for shit? MAYBE PLANNING MAYBE
    The baseline storyboard for things is in the OP. You're totally free to suggest ideas/things that can be improved for that.

As with the STRIFE part of the storyboard, i would suggest that there be a ROUND 1,2,etc everytime that the Black King responds/attacks.

Also we would need heavy artwork for Gamzee's attack. I would suggest that he, for a second, goes into Murder mode for the brief time and attacks with a giant statue of the ICP?

WHAT AM I THINKING OF SERIOUSLY.

putting the "hell" in"no". Ace Rimmer's Avatar

... what was that.

Oh I see. We locked the old one and made this.
    Last edited by Ace Rimmer; 04-06-2011 at 10:46 PM.

DO YOU KNOW HOW FUCKING IN I AM FOR THIS.

VERY MUCH SO.

Nowhere Man AProcrastinatingWriter's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

I cannot animate, and even if I could I do not have the programs for it.

Still, I was thinking...after the clap of thunder in Gamzee's clownish part, there should be a few seconds during the rainy part where we see Gamzee go back to stoner mode. The Black King and all the trolls in the background have paused to stare at him all 'what the frick' like.

The battle starts again when the music picks back up/the honking stops.

Just a tiny humorous interlude is all.
    Below: A nasally-voiced twenty-year old who has just woken up addresses the MSPA Forums with way too many pauses. (Unless tindeck is down right now)
    http://tindeck.com/image/pzmi/stats.png

This MUST happen. Seriously.

Projects:

in this case wouldn't STRIFE instead be GRIEF

I like this idea, I think the current storyboard is pretty good too. I might be able to supply some art, maybe of the dersites and stuff.

Quotes

deviantArt . tumblr

god i love nintendo and music Paul's Avatar

I am watching this thread.

Hard.

I will...lurk around this thread ad provide moral support?

Philosopher of Truth enragedFingernail's Avatar

Errm, I have Flash 8, so I can animate the pixel art after it's made at give you .fla's and .swf previews.

Just a wolfram, call me Wess. Wessolf27's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Hrm... I don't think I can help with this, but there is something I always thought of whenever I heard the rain and lightning during certain parts of the music.

I think during those times, the Black King is actually reeling heavily or was struck by very powerful attacks (though in Gamzee's case he already struck the most powerful attack when it happened)

Also, do you think that you could also add in the Black King attempting to use the Vast Glub first on the trolls, with Sollux and Aradia attempting to stop it? (the moment the first rain starts, I guess that was Sollux and Aradia successfully stopping the Vast Glub from occuring) I think that happened in one of the logs.

Are we thinking full on Hero Mode at all times for this or are sprites being mixed in as well?

i miss sprites

I like this a lot and I wish I had the time to contribute arts. :c

Just a couple of thoughts: I always imagine Gamzee just kind of sitting on the platform through most of the fight. When he does attack, he's not full-on murder mode because he's still under the influence, so I think of his eyes as rage-orange, but still half-shut.

Vriska isn't wearing her godhood during the battle. She's shown immediately afterward in her regular clothes. When we found out that she had ascended, somebody on Formspring asked Andrew why she wasn't wearing her Thief of Light garb when she fought the Black King, and he said that she knows better than to ruin a good outfit. :P

When "Keepers" begins, I imagine Feferi reaching out to Eridan, asking for his help. At this point, she's already with Sollux and Eridan is resentful, but he grudgingly takes her hand and they attack together. The "Keepers" segment ends on a very ominous note, and I think it would be a really neat touch to use that note to show a fleeting, single-image flash-forward to Eridan's one-man science-murder rampage.

I have all of the ideas for this. :I

I like this idea, I think the current storyboard is pretty good too. I might be able to supply some art, maybe of the dersites and stuff.
    This would be very nice. Art contributions would really help in getting this thing on the road.

In fact, if anybody's thinking they might be able to make artistic contributions, it'd be really cool of you guys to claim something from the storyboard (maybe at this point something that's unlikely to change significantly, like the initial shots of the Black King). MSPA has some fantastic fan artists, so it'd be really cool if we could get the ball rolling on that.

Quote Originally Posted by t00swift4u View Post
    in this case wouldn't STRIFE instead be GRIEF
    You're right. :X I'll change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wessolf27 View Post
    Also, do you think that you could also add in the Black King attempting to use the Vast Glub first on the trolls, with Sollux and Aradia attempting to stop it? (the moment the first rain starts, I guess that was Sollux and Aradia successfully stopping the Vast Glub from occuring) I think that happened in one of the logs.
    There'd probably be something like a Vast Glub going on, but I have no idea how it'd be rendered in visual terms, so I'm just kind of shying away from the matter right now.

Quote Originally Posted by muppet.dance View Post
    Are we thinking full on Hero Mode at all times for this or are sprites being mixed in as well?
    This might be something just left up to artist discretion, but to be honest I think things are mostly going to consist of Hero-Mode-type stuff. The Black King would seem kind of difficult to represent against sprites.

Quote Originally Posted by Differential View Post
    This all sounds like good sense to me.

Not going to dissect your post to quote the "There'd probably be something like a Vast Glub going on, but I have no idea how it'd be rendered in visual terms, so I'm just kind of shying away from the matter right now. "
    But I am just thinking a light lens flare, or just a visible ripple in the animation/drawing, and have it expand and be suppressed as so.
    Just an idea.
    I need a real signature.

Page 1 of 99 12341151 ... LastLast