MSPA Forums
Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus - Artists Needed

Vindictive Chemotherapy Lord Obselescence's Avatar

Re: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus

Animation help would be pretty cool, actually, since I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to do the whole "Aradiabots warp in time with the music" thing. :X I've been playing around with it a bit, and most of it's coming out to "This isn't working."

Also, Differential, that Feferi-Eridan artwork is awesome, and you should feel awesome for making it. Hooray for art contributions.

Also, Karkat could be assumed as using the Clawsickle. As of this, Kanaya seems to be using her regular chainsaw, so I guess that's her weapon of choice. Feferi was last seen using this.

If anybody wants to know what I've been doing so far, I've got this stuff made:

The way I've been messing around with it so far, it's going to start scrolling left to right on the first image, then transition into the second (which I still haven't managed to make work with the Aradiabots).

After that, it would be pretty cool if somebody were to make the whole "twelve trolls standing together looking angry at the black king" thing, so that this could move forward in a linear manner, but it's not absolutely required just now. :X
    Last edited by Obselescence; 04-08-2011 at 05:28 PM.

putting the "hell" in"no". Ace Rimmer's Avatar

I can make a Pissed off gamzee based off of the Jack noir bit from Descend.

The title "Rex Duodecim Angelus," translates as "The Angel King and Twelve" (assuming that the 'et' falls to asyndeton.) This, along with a troll's earlier description of Angels as evil things, makes me curious. Are we exploring this angle yet?

Obselescence, what dimensions are you looking for in contributed images? Are we sticking with the standard 650px by 450px panel size?

Quote Originally Posted by Quaddy View Post
    The title "Rex Duodecim Angelus," translates as "The Angel King and Twelve" (assuming that the 'et' falls to asyndeton.) This, along with a troll's earlier description of Angels as evil things, makes me curious. Are we exploring this angle yet?
    Yes, there is a small translation error in the title, but it's been stated by Malcolm Brown (the composer) that this was what Google Translator spat out when he entered "King of the Twelve Angels." I think we're just going with creator's intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Obselescence View Post
    Also, Differential, that Feferi-Eridan artwork is awesome, and you should feel awesome for making it. Hooray for art contributions.
    Thanks! I'm going to try to do what I can when I have free time (which admittedly isn't often). I've had ideas and arts bouncing around in my head since the day I first heard this track.

I'm not really sure where Angels would fit into this other than the whole parallel between angels ushering in the end and the Black King doing the Reckoning schtick. Angels aren't something that are given more than a vague look-see in the story, so I'm not entirely sure what we might be exploring.

Obselescence, what dimensions are you looking for in contributed images? Are we sticking with the standard 650px by 450px panel size?
    The panel size is going to be 650 x 450 throughout the Flash, but the base images should probably be larger in order to allow for a scrolling effect.

I can make a Pissed off gamzee based off of the Jack noir bit from Descend.
    This could be cool.

So, what needs storyboarding? (besides everything)

Too bad Hussie doesn't take commissions anymore.

bec noir was the angel who ushered in the end

i'd like to say that in my mind you never see the entire black king
    he should always be at least partially offscreen to emphasize just how huge he is
    also easier to have to animate only one or two parts at a time

After that, it would be pretty cool if somebody were to make the whole "twelve trolls standing together looking angry at the black king" thing, so that this could move forward in a linear manner, but it's not absolutely required just now. :X

2/12 Angry Trolls?

@obselescence
    i'm drawing you some aradiabots

2/12 Angry Trolls?
    :O

This is really cool. Do you think you might be able to transparentize it for background purposes?

@obselescence
    i'm drawing you some aradiabots
    Awright.

extremely rough sketches to give you an idea

there'd be a lot of them

Transparent version:

It is a WIP, though. I'm going to add more - I just cropped this down because I only had Karkat and Terezi done, but the whole image is much larger.

@t00swift: Those are some sweet Aradiabots, bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Differential View Post
    It is a WIP, though. I'm going to add more - I just cropped this down because I only had Karkat and Terezi done, but the whole image is much larger.
    We could actually do two things with the whole troll rolecall thing.

1. We could take a whole bunch of images roughly that size and roughly that number of trolls, and string them together. (I.e. Karkat and Terezi. Switch to Equius and Nepeta.)
    2. Or we could go with the huge image and have it scroll along slowly, showing everybody at once.

It's up to you, really. Just pointing that out there. :X

@t00swift: Those are some sweet Aradiabots, bro!
    Agreed.

I still have no idea how I will get Aradia to teleport in, but that's looking pretty sweet either way.

Say, which of the Black King's eyes does Terezi stab? The huge one in the middle or one of the surrounding ones?
    In the least offensive way possible.

@differential
    thanks
    nice karkat and terezi

@obselescence
    i think it's as simple as dissecting this gif
    not that it has to be done the exact same way

i'll try it later when i have some time

Gamzee, what are you DOING

We could actually do two things with the whole troll rolecall thing.

1. We could take a whole bunch of images roughly that size and roughly that number of trolls, and string them together. (I.e. Karkat and Terezi. Switch to Equius and Nepeta.)
    2. Or we could go with the huge image and have it scroll along slowly, showing everybody at once.

It's up to you, really. Just pointing that out there. :X
    I'm putting each troll on their own layer, so I can separate them with no problem. It doesn't matter which method you decide to go with.

spreading my octopus testicles throughout the land

This is going to be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
    Gamzee's Ragesplosion makes me think of him getting knocked down
    sitting up with his hand over his eyes
    close-up of an malevolent glow
    and then leaping up, eyes rolled back, spinning his clubs, charging a blast of pure rage at the king, perhaps surrounded by some kind of smoke... and then getting knocked back onto the ground by the explosion.

After all, the trolls have no clue what he did - he can't just be hitting the guy...
    The trolls know what he did, they were just surprised by it.

Also, it seems to me that Gamzee might actually be okay with getting hurt, given his usually inebriated state. I suggest that his pies are knocked away, or something similar that would send Gamzee into a murderous rage, not something that may make a normal person angry.

Oh, one more thing. To explain Vriska not stepping up with her roll earlier, there could be Vriska rolling and constantly getting bad numbers and/or an abnormally long time spent stealing the Black King's luck.
    But all of the other trolls went in order, and only once. It makes sense that Vriska not attack until her turn.

Oh, one more thing. To explain Vriska not stepping up with her roll earlier, there could be Vriska rolling and constantly getting bad numbers and/or an abnormally long time spent stealing the Black King's luck.
    I've always thought that she was so self-confident that she simply sat back and let the others do the dirty work. She only came forward to deliver the knockout blow at the last minute so she would be the one to end it. It just seems like something Vriska would do.

2:23 - 2:32 - Terezi leaps off the platform and plunges the dragon-sword cane into one of the king's eyes (the irony!) on the last note.
    Last edited by Bellstrom; 04-09-2011 at 12:11 AM. Reason: herp derp

@Bellstrom: YES. HELL YES. That's awesome!

Wow did Tavros' Rocket Chair ever take a long time.

I mean GOD
    DAAAAAAAAAAAMN

And now it is 2:15 in the morning. Goodnight. *passes out*

@Bellstrom: YES. HELL YES. That's awesome!
    Thank you!

d3l1r1ous rud3br4z3n SirPwnington's Avatar

Not that it matters but I always imagined Gamzee's attack scene as him glowing red and then slowly floating in the air slightly above the pad while honking, then after a bit of charging unleashing a pulse wave of rage towards the king which does something similar to this.

Edit: Wow, all these pictures are awesome as hell!
    Last edited by SirPwnington; 04-09-2011 at 03:06 AM.

Showing Gamzee's attack is not a requirement. All we would need to do is to show him with indigo sparks, blurring, then lunging at the black king. The camera pans back to each of the troll's face looking in awe at Gamzee, except Gamzee of course, who's just showing a really chill face like he was shown on new year's eve.

Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast