MSPA Forums
Page 7 of 99 FirstFirst ... 456789101757 ... LastLast

Thread: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus - Artists Needed

Re: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus

Quote Originally Posted by Differential View Post
    Okay, I was was basically just leaving off where the other Terezi storyboard began - with her stepping over the unconscious/semiconscious Karkat. The more ideas we get out there the better, I say!
    i know i was just speaking in general
    my input is often ill-timed

Pronouns
    he/him/his

a tentacle plunges through the hood of Tavros' rocket chair, taking out the engine, and he spirals out of control. An Aradiabot grabs him just before he crashes.
    This fan animation should try to match up with the story seen, and it is shown in [S] Jade: Enter that Tavros's rocket chair worked after the fight.

As for Kanaya, I'd assumed that she just steps up and gets a lot of animu focus with flower pads flying around her before showing just what a badass she is. But I'm not animating, so what do I know?
    WARNING: Contents of my posts may be more sardonic than they appear.

Skype Stuff:

speaking of animu

i wanted to see kanaya peacefully approach the battle in a pretty dress but suddenly "change" into her work clothes at the rev of the chainsaw
    she'd effectually be doing a reverse magical girl transformation

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary View Post
    a tentacle plunges through the hood of Tavros' rocket chair, taking out the engine, and he spirals out of control. An Aradiabot grabs him just before he crashes.
    This fan animation should try to match up with the story seen, and it is shown in [S] Jade: Enter that Tavros's rocket chair worked after the fight.
    You are very right in both respects. That's what I get for not fact-checking :P
    It could be modified to "A tentacle comes down on the hood of the rocket chair, catapulting Tavros out of it." There needs to be a reason for his attack stopping so abruptly, and I'm not really a fan of "Tavros chickens out again." :T

i'm a fan of his rocketchair getting tentacle whipped and spinning out of control
    like actually spinning picture it

I see him charging toward the king's face, him swaying side to side, dodging tentacles (that aren't moving) as the music builds, and then the black king notices him and swats him out of the air.

Quote Originally Posted by t00swift4u View Post
    i'm a fan of his rocketchair getting tentacle whipped and spinning out of control
    like actually spinning picture it
    This.

POOR TAVROS

Vindictive Chemotherapy Lord Obselescence's Avatar

Wow, lots of discussion going on!

@Bringing the sprites into this: Iiiiii'm not really sure if we should get the sprites in on everything. Either they'd take up too much space doing things in the battle, or they'd all just suddenly show up and get wiped out. Not really fun either way. Also I guess it'd be kind of a nightmare trying to figure out an Eldritch Sprite for Feferi's lusus. :P

@Tavros: Doh. I'm dumb for forgetting that his Rocket Chair is still all in working order at the end of the battle. So... yeah. I'm thinking something like a Black King Tentacle just sort of flipping him out of control. Partially because I want Kanaya to jump in and save him (and then use his Rocket Chair as a platform for a jumping chainsaw attack). :P

@Karkat storyboard: Looking sweet. I guess all it really needs is a couple more shots of Karkat doing tentacle-fighting. I've got a mental picture of a tentacle wrapping around one of his arms and an ankle while he's trying to cut everything apart. Either way, storyboarding so far is general awesome.

@Equius using an Imp as a baseball bat: Yes. Imps aren't really present on the Battlefield, so I guess he'd use a Pawn or something instead? I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by appleaerosol View Post
    As random as this might be, I popped in to say that I would like to help with this project, mostly with storyboarding (or some other art related thing that isn't animating) and possibly throwing ideas out (though, it seems like you guys have that covered, ha ha). The slack in my work load has given me free time, and I'd be more than willing to help out with anything.
    More help (especially of the artistic kind) is always appreciated! Anything in particular you'd like to jump on?

Quote Originally Posted by Obselescence View Post

More help (especially of the artistic kind) is always appreciated! Anything in particular you'd like to jump on?
    I kind of want to do the Equius thing with the baseball bat pawns and poor Tavros flying through the air, but just because I have a sick sense of humor and would have too much fun drawing those. But, in all seriousness, I would really love to do Kanaya's part: the idea of her stepping in all gracefully and animu sounds like too much fun. C: However, I'm up for anything else you might need me for.

Which reminds me, I'm all up for flower petals and/or other pretty things that signal Kanaya's entrance while she goes chainsaw BAMF to save Tavros.

@Equius using an Imp as a baseball bat: Yes. Imps aren't really present on the Battlefield, so I guess he'd use a Pawn or something instead? I dunno.
    He could always use part of a smashed-up Aradiabot or something. I'm sure there are lots of scattered limbs lying about.

I second that.

putting the "hell" in"no". Ace Rimmer's Avatar

"wwait wwhat eqi wwhy are you doing this i am your superior gogdammit put me dowwn OH GOG THE PAIN"

The Fortunate Fallen GenetiXientist's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer View Post
    "wwait wwhat eqi wwhy are you doing this i am your superior gogdammit put me dowwn OH GOG THE PAIN"
    He drops Eridan off the side of the lillypad because his hands are too sweaty.
    Sic Transit Gloria Mundi/Gam Zeh Ya'avor.

@kanaya
    i never agreed with the idea of her entering by jumping onto tavros' rocketchair as that part of her theme is there to show her more graceful and serene side in contrast to everything that comes after she pulls out the chainsaw. also it's funnier if no one helps tavros and he just spirals off screen

in response to what appleaerosol said, what if tavros careens through some lily pads causing petals to rain down on kanaya and making for a nice transition

@equius
    we never did get to see him club things with a broken bow

@tentacles
    they're everywhere
    can we talk about one of the king's other fifty million limbs

Quote Originally Posted by GenetiXientist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer View Post
    He drops Eridan off the side of the lillypad because his hands are too sweaty.
    Actually, I could see this happening even more with Gamzee. Just grab him right by the horns and swing away!

Vindictive Chemotherapy Lord Obselescence's Avatar

@Kanaya not rescuing Tavros: I guess. It's one just one of those things. I think saving Tavros and such might give Kanaya more things to do and potentially show off the motherly meddling thing, but there are strong points in letting Tavros crash through a flower to give Kanaya's intro more pizazz. :P

Quote Originally Posted by appleaerosol View Post
    I kind of want to do the Equius thing with the baseball bat pawns and poor Tavros flying through the air, but just because I have a sick sense of humor and would have too much fun drawing those. But, in all seriousness, I would really love to do Kanaya's part: the idea of her stepping in all gracefully and animu sounds like too much fun. C: However, I'm up for anything else you might need me for.
    Everything's pretty much open, so feel free to get to work on Kanaya or Equius or whichever you're up for.

Though my thoughts on the matter of where artistic efforts could be focused are that it'd be cool if we could get a lot of the early chronological stuff done. If we can get a large chunk of the opening artistic assets out of the way, I could potentially piece together a fairly nice-looking prototype for the Flash.

Differential seems to be getting down the big "trolls face down the Black King." And I guess we've got the opening Black King pictures (though I guess the quality of my current images is more around passable)... So additionally if anybody wants to get on, say, scenes of doomed Aradiabots warping in, or the Derse soldiers warping in, that'd be cool.

Not that this needs to be done if anybody's more interested in doing other scenes at the moment, but the more we can get in chronological order, the faster we might be able to work out kinks in the animating part of things.

no, eridan attacks with feferi. sollux attacks with aradia. Nice idea though.
    -retcon-

Tavros: Takes control of a dozen chess robots, which all fire on the Black King.

How does the Black King fight? I imagined him as using some form of magic against the trolls.

Differential seems to be getting down the big "trolls face down the Black King." And I guess we've got the opening Black King pictures (though I guess the quality of my current images is more around passable)... So additionally if anybody wants to get on, say, scenes of doomed Aradiabots warping in, or the Derse soldiers warping in, that'd be cool.
    I am working on the Blue Team, but don't expect them before next week; I'm really bogged down at the moment with school. Also, I'm only drawing them according to teams for convenience's sake. I have everyone on their own layers so they can be mixed and matched as you like.

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    Tavros: Takes control of a dozen chess robots, which all fire on the Black King.

How does the Black King fight? I imagined him as using some form of magic against the trolls.
    I kind of pictured that, plus he uses his tentacles and other 50 million limbs for melee attacks.

I'm guessing magic would come from his sceptre and he could maybe use his spider eyes to intimidate the impressssssssionable? I have no idea, I'm thinking in terms of Pokemon, guys. By the by, I'm guessing it'd be some form of dark magic since he is the Black King?

By the by, Obselescence, I'll definitely try and work on a story board for one of the earlier scenes then, along with the Kanaya one.

@everybody
    in photoshop CS5, is there a really simple option to convert an anti-aliased image to an aliased one
    one that isn't posterize or threshold

@appleaerosol
    my understanding is that anybody can storyboard anything they want because it adds to the pool of ideas
    so by all means get to work

@obselescence
    i've got three or four aradiabots sketched out, it's just redrawing them in the appropriate style that takes time
    on kanaya, i see nothing stopping us from testing out both ideas

Quote Originally Posted by t00swift4u View Post
    @everybody
    in photoshop CS5, is there a really simple option to convert an anti-aliased image to an aliased one
    one that isn't posterize or threshold
    Too bad I'm stuck with PSElements :T
    I'm hoping to acquire CS5 in the near future. I want an animation toolbar, dammit!

Canonically: The sprites weren't present.

What little we see of the Black King and the trolls begins here: http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004492

I should be storyboarding for my script assignment

So here's the new version of my storyboard draft, which ends just before Terezi begins to slice through tentacles.The pictures are still not necessarily synchronized with the music and I changed my lines colour, because it's pretty cool to use the troll's colour :3

About the other parts, I think that Tavros crashing into a lily pad flower to make the transition to Kanaya is really a great idea! And she could still help him after her fabulous introduction? :3

DAT STORYBOARD

I think we have enough time in Kanaya's section for her to do some other stuff, too. Right now it sounds like one of her main actions will be the severing of the King's claw (with which he wreaks havoc in his earlier segments) right around the point when the chainsaw revs up in the music. But she has a good deal of time after that, so we'll have to discuss what other Kanaya-centric events could happen then.

Page 7 of 99 FirstFirst ... 456789101757 ... LastLast