Thread: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus - Artists Needed

Re: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus

@windwaker
    don't worry i wasn't accusing you of such narrowminded thinking
    you just reminded me to get that sentiment out there

@rational absurdity
    that's actually how i had it worked out in my headboard

Idea: Alpha Aradia (the single one who survives) is the one in the original image, hurling the meteors with telekinesis (I assume 95% of the others are suppressing the vast glub), but not really acknowledging Sollux. The Black King unexpectedly attempts to strike Sollux, and just before he is struck down, one of the many doomed Aradiabots sacrifices herself to save him. Sollux is subtly touched by this, and looks to alpha Aradia, who is still focused on the Black King.
    Last edited by LucasSMWC; 04-13-2011 at 12:14 AM. Reason: typo

Pronouns
    he/him/his

I have some ideas that I'll interject here.

1) At the beginning when the BK uses the Vast Glub, it could be represented by a black faded circle moving away from the king like the psychic waves in [S] Make her pay. The Aradiabots counteract it with their own blue psychic waves and they cancel each other out in a flash of white light.

2) If Tavros is attacking the BK with his rocket chair and lance, Kanaya could be on board or something, trying to get closer to initiate a strike. Tavros dodges several tentacles then gets hit and spins out of control when his part of the music fades out. On the large beat that begins Kanaya's theme, she lithely leaps off of the rocket chairs hood, doing a flip in midair. She pulls out her chainsaw and revs it up, sawing several tentacles off and lands back on the original lily pad.

I ship all the ships. Monstaman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstaman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by t00swift4u View Post
    THERE WAS A QUOTE PYRAMID HERE
    I'll do a quick sketch tomorrow.
    And what do you know I did!

bluh I need a tablet.

The legs should be more spread apart, maybe bigger, but I chose too small a canvas and was too lazy to grab a new one.
    Last edited by Monstaman; 04-13-2011 at 03:17 PM. Reason: HOW DO I QUOTE WORDS?
    I am a human being of unspecified social status and I perform activities of a certain nature for varying lengths of time.

Vindictive Chemotherapy Lord Obselescence's Avatar

I'm honestly not very sure about having Vriska's 88888888 roll being like a sustained attack (apparently with spider legs jabbing around). The music heavily implies a huge charge-up with a final burst as the actual attack. That lends itself to more of an explosion, or beam-type attack, I think. Something that'd do all of its damage in one massive shot.

So... I mean, the eight-legs thing sounds cool, but I'm not sure it fits in with the way the music works out... also animating difficulties.

The eight legs could spread out as pictured above, then angle together in front of Vriska to make some sort of DEATH RAY.
    Y'know, that shoots straight forward and stuff.

I ship all the ships. Monstaman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Windwaker View Post
    The eight legs could spread out as pictured above, then angle together in front of Vriska to make some sort of DEATH RAY.
    Y'know, that shoots straight forward and stuff.
    Yes.

Although I'd agree with anything that puts my ideas in an epic flash.
    I am a human being of unspecified social status and I perform activities of a certain nature for varying lengths of time.

with kanaya's part of the song, i have always imagined her stepping out from the shadows into something of a spotlight almost, with everyone turning to look at her (as the commentary implies). and she pulls out her little tube of lipstick, and daintily applys some, before her lipstick suddenly changes into her chainsaw and she rev's it up (i think you can tell what part of the song that would happen) and we get some sweet action shots of her with rage face as she slashes off tentacles, mirroring the scene where rainbow drinker kanaya rides that huge murder with eridans name on it that was cruising right at him down comeuppance boulevard.

and also mirroring shots of Jack's rampage in Descend

actually i have some screenshots from Descend here in the spoiler with text describing my ideas for kanaya's part, check it

and that my friends, is what i see when i listen to kanaya's part of Rex Duodecim Angelus.
    sup

That one town with the guy called YCobb in it.

Count me in, I'd love to contribute.
    ๏̯͡๏)

Professional Organ Melter quixoticKinetics's Avatar

I'd love to help out with this however I can! I have never used Flash or anything, but I can contribute arts in the same way the official artists do for Hussie's flashes, and I can do frame-by-frame animations on my own (though those would most likely need to be simpler so as to not take me forever, given how it took me most of my free time today just putting together these two little things).

That said, I'm not so good at planning or coming up with what would look best at what parts of a song or whatever, so all y'all who are figuring out that stuff can just boss me around and tell me what to do :3

Quote Originally Posted by Rotirt "YCobb" Kunset View Post
    Count me in, I'd love to contribute.
    Rockin'. Any areas in particular that you'd be able to help with? (Ideas, storyboarding, general art assets, animating, etc.)?

Quote Originally Posted by quixoticKinetics
    That said, I'm not so good at planning or coming up with what would look best at what parts of a song or whatever, so all y'all who are figuring out that stuff can just boss me around and tell me what to do :3
    Really appreciate your offer to help (especially looking at the links)!

For what you could handle specifically, is there anything that you'd particularly want to jump on from the storyboard currently in the OP?

If not, there's some chronologically early stuff that could be helpful in getting an early flash prototype out soon, like shots of the Derse soldiers warping onto the platform, or shots of the Black King.

But all said, feel free to take on whichever parts you feel like.

Quote Originally Posted by Obselescence
    Really appreciate your offer to help (especially looking at the links)!

For what you could handle specifically, is there anything that you'd particularly want to jump on from the storyboard currently in the OP?

If not, there's some chronologically early stuff that could be helpful in getting an early flash prototype out soon, like shots of the Derse soldiers warping onto the platform, or shots of the Black King.

But all said, feel free to take on whichever parts you feel like.
    There are all sorts of parts up in there that look like they'd be fun to work on, so I'll look more into something closer to the beginning. I can try to get images done for the pan of the trolls, if that would help?

I think Differential has been working on that so far, but you're free to try your own hand at it.

Ahh, figures there'd be something on one of the pages I didn't glance at. Maybe it'd help to link such things in the OP so people can see what's already being worked on/what still needs people/ect?

But I'll just try some random fighty bits for now, then~

Personally, I'd see Tavros communing with the forces of derse, leading a frontal assult. I also imagine Kanaya riding an Orge, just as her part comes up.

Well, playing around for a bit resulted in this. Someone better at animating could probably do a better effect than what I threw together with a bunch of frames, though.

EDIT: And here's just the image without the shit fake-animation overlay.

Last edited by quixoticKinetics; 04-14-2011 at 02:17 AM.

That is such a cute Karkat!

...Er, I probably wouldn't be much of a help on this project, but I'm watching it and I really hope that it gets finished ^_^
    Awesome signature load failed. Loading backup signature instead.

3000 punches of NaP!

This! This is great!

Deliriously Rudebrazen Professor Elb's Avatar

Yo, I'm another one of those guys who made an account to keep tabs on this thread

I thought I'd point y'alls attention here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elyQS...layer_embedded
    Anyone else think it'd be a good idea to ask him for a contribution? He's probably busy with his little game and all, but it can't hurt to ask.

Additionally, where else has anyone spread word about this project?

Hi, I just wanted to drop in and say that I can help with animating. I've got Flash, and have used it for some time.
    Just let me know what I can help out with

hellooo, this is my first post on the forums so please excuse me, i'm still pretty new at this...
    anyway, i think this is a greeeeeeeeat idea, and i'd love to contribute some art!

first pwnst all around

Ahh, figures there'd be something on one of the pages I didn't glance at. Maybe it'd help to link such things in the OP so people can see what's already being worked on/what still needs people/ect?
    I've been working on getting like finished-or-just-about art assets linked up in the OP. That's about it so far. Everybody's sort of doing what suits them, so I'm not really sure how effective a detailed "This guy is doing this" layout would be unless there was more specific claiming-of-duties going on.

But then, I think it's pretty okay if some people end up doing the same thing. Different styles gives us more options. The only issue might be is if progress gets murdered by everybody focusing on making the same scenes.

I dunno.

Well, playing around for a bit resulted in this. Someone better at animating could probably do a better effect than what I threw together with a bunch of frames, though.
    That Karkat is honestly pretty amazing.

I'm thinking maybe it could be fit in where everybody is still pretty dazed by the Black King's attack. Karkat's theme starts playing. Karkat slices Black King body part open. Gets up and rallies everybody. Karkat fights Black King for the remaining time.

Either way, this is good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Elb
    I thought I'd point y'alls attention here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elyQS...layer_embedded
    Anyone else think it'd be a good idea to ask him for a contribution? He's probably busy with his little game and all, but it can't hurt to ask.

Additionally, where else has anyone spread word about this project?
    That video looks pretty nice. I guess it couldn't hurt to look into contacting him.

As for spreading the word, I'm not actually sure if there's any indication that this thread exists outside of MSPA forums. If we'd plan on getting like a full-spread hype-up or something, I'd wait until we have at least a fairly workable "demo" flash. Maybe like the first minute or so.

Quote Originally Posted by SidGarcia
    Hi, I just wanted to drop in and say that I can help with animating. I've got Flash, and have used it for some time. Just let me know what I can help out with
    Ooh, yeah, animating experience would be most helpful. Although I'm not sure we could actually get on full animating without more art assets to string together (which is why I'm hoping we can get more of the chronologically early stuff, like the Black King view, Aradia-warping, and the Derse soldiers out of the way). So I guess animation help isn't really needed just yet. Offer's appreciated all the same. We definitely will be needing to do animating at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by socialGhost
    hellooo, this is my first post on the forums so please excuse me, i'm still pretty new at this... anyway, i think this is a greeeeeeeeat idea, and i'd love to contribute some art!
    It sure is pretty cool that this project is inspiring people to join up!

Anyhow, art contributions are totally welcome. Feel free to jump on whatever looks good to you from the storyboard in the OP.

This looks so cool I kinda want to jump in. I don't have Flash but I can do sequential art. The Equius/Nepeta sequence of the fight possibly? I am not used to working with a team so I suppose I could start at the bottom and take direction. Re-reading thread now to get an idea of what's boarded (something i can do as well if needed).

Edit: Actually you know what, I work best when someone is telling me what to do. Any requests for action panels?
    Last edited by luka; 04-14-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Page 9 of 99 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959 ... LastLast