MSPA Forums
Page 20 of 99 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122233070 ... LastLast

Thread: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus - Artists Needed

Re: [S] Rex Duodecim Angelus

ok here is the kimono style dress
    i didn't rush as much but it's still just a rough sketch

i toned down the skirt for you apple so it's more like a closed lily now and the ties are cattails
    trying to get some loraf in there with the blue

i considered going with her normal shoes for this but don't you just know she has painted toenails

Hey, I really like that.

I'd like to mention though that the majority of Kanaya's dresses in the past have kept her lower arms pretty much cloth-free. Makes sense if you're swinging around a chainsaw. :P

@windwaker
    she's going to change into her work clothes before attacking to emphasize the transition from sane and serene to "shithive maggots"

not to mention a dress like that would be such a chore to animate

oh and thank you
    just to get an idea which do you prefer

I just wanted to say I like the inverted rose dress idea the best so far. It matches Kanaya, who is symbolized as simple and pure, plus it would allow for a sort of illusory flashforward in scheme to her rainbow-drinking due to the color scheme.

The Fortunate Fallen GenetiXientist's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Constonks View Post
    Okay fixed. Here we go:

(Credit to Eyes5 for the Equius hopping and Nepeta pouncing sprites from Make Her Pay)
    This is amazing. Great job!
    Sic Transit Gloria Mundi/Gam Zeh Ya'avor.

Respice post te! Hominem te esse memento! Memento mori!

Soul of Space, apparently. PaperHelmet's Avatar

More Nepeta.

Since we don't have enough.

Will make background transparent and separate the frames if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by t00swift4u View Post

i toned down the skirt for you apple so it's more like a closed lily now and the ties are cattails

i considered going with her normal shoes for this but don't you just know she has painted toenails
    This is loads better and hell yes she has painted toenails. I really do like this dress idea for its flowery details, as well as my own inverted Rose dress -- and it's not just out of narcisissm, but the fact that, as Willspark stated, it flashforwards to her future Rainbow Drinker state.

Maybe there is a way to combine both dresses so we can keep Kanaya's simplicity, purity, and future creature-of-the-day color scheme a theme while incorporating Swift's floral imagery? Experiment~!

Quote Originally Posted by kd7sov View Post
    I don't know how useful this contribution may be, but...

Ever since I bought the album and could pick out the trolls' individual parts, I've had a fairly specific image in mind for Kanaya's entrance. You know how her part starts with those two notes, and then a run? I envision each of those notes corresponding to a footstep - step, step, pan-up-or-out during the run.

I wish I could put it more clearly, but I'd have to actually draw it, animate it, and set it to the music, at which point this word-based explanation/suggestion would be completely extraneous. Also I don't know how to animate.
    I always imagined that bit after those two steps as some fanciful steps -- like a twirl or something, rather than a run -- before she stops all together to rev up her chainsaw while her clothes are changing into those work clothes we saw in [s] Make Her Pay.

Quote Originally Posted by appleaerosol View Post
    I always imagined that bit after those two steps as some fanciful steps -- like a twirl or something, rather than a run -- before she stops all together to rev up her chainsaw while her clothes are changing into those work clothes we saw in [s] Make Her Pay.
    Right, right. I didn't mean Kanaya would be running, I meant the run-of-notes. The... broken chord? I dunno, it's been a long time since I learned the musical terminology, and most of what I remember is in Italian.

how can I assist?
    -retcon-

Quote Originally Posted by appleaerosol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by t00swift4u View Post

This is loads better and hell yes she has painted toenails. I really do like this dress idea for its flowery details, as well as my own inverted Rose dress -- and it's not just out of narcisissm, but the fact that, as Willspark stated, it flashforwards to her future Rainbow Drinker state.

Maybe there is a way to combine both dresses so we can keep Kanaya's simplicity, purity, and future creature-of-the-day color scheme a theme while incorporating Swift's floral imagery? Experiment~!
    that's not so hard because i had another design with a calla lily motif
    ultimately i felt the water lily was more relevant but white lilies have a lot to do with virginity

THIS IS REALLY MESSY but i don't have time to clean it up right now

i kept the kimono for the sake of the lily pad. otherwise it'd just be the inverted rose dress shaped like a calla lily. i made the sleeves and stockings yellow to parallel the stamens, but it's not totally necessary. i think the sleeves would be fine normal shaped, but i just wanted to see how they'd look with the calla lily shape. the collar though reminds me of the dracula collar so i'd keep that. can't remember if i had any other comments

sorry i think i'm the only one who gets bored with visual callbacks
    Last edited by t00swift4u; 04-26-2011 at 12:34 PM.

I love this dress design! And I like the use of white and green.

About visual callbacks in general, I think we should use them moderately. It can be fun to make some references of one cool picture from time to time, but if we use them too much, well, it's not that challenging and original : X but that's just my opinion.

this is
    this
    is too awesome just to lurk here ;A;

I'm working on a picture of the black king because of inspiration from this song...i don't think it matches everyone Else's art to fit in well...but it might spark ideas :0
    i started a concept sketch of what I thought the king looked like, considering the only ref of him was a silhouette and a close up on the face, and that the black king HAS NO FANART AUUGGHH. its shitty ok ;;

i guess its two bigger eyes would be red and blue...but only a very light shade that's not to noticeable...like if it glowed a little it would have a blue/red tint to it.
    and then i began working on the final picture (a big thing I'm planning for my 100 picture on Deviantart)
    here's a WIP (not actual size)

the shitty star things represent where i might put the trolls, and what they're doing i guess :0
    also, notice tavros's star up there? I was thinking that since his part of the song somewhat implies that his attack failed in a way...maybe as he was flying at him to impale one of the tentacles, another tentacle grabbed his rocket chair thing and he fell out...(i was also thinking one of the aradia bots catches him)

I'm also debating on little closeups on the trolls attacking for a border around this...i could do it hussnasty style so you guys could use it...idk

off the top of my head, the seahorseDAD tail is a new idea...i think...i quickly skimmed this thread.

eh its probably useless

That one town with the guy called YCobb in it.

Sorry to butt in and steal your thunder bro, just a coincidence this is ready for the post right after yours.

Anyway, I got rid of all the blank spots my shoddy inking left.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5924142/cutout%20king.png
    preview-

I'll add transparency over time, but the link will stay the same.

EDIT: Also, we were discussing the seahorsedad tail, and it was in the picture I used for reference, but it was sort of decided it would look really awkward. We voted that it should be left out because of numerous stronger prototypings, like when Becquerel overrode most of Jack's previous prototypings.
    Last edited by Rotirt "YCobb" Kunset; 04-26-2011 at 03:09 PM.
    ๏̯͡๏)

Quote Originally Posted by Rotirt "YCobb" Kunset View Post
    Sorry to butt in and steal your thunder bro, just a coincidence this is ready for the post right after yours.

preview-

yeah i saw that ;;
    that is just the most amazing thing how did you even-
    the shading is awesome and AUUGH THOSE TENTACLES
    THIS IT TOO KICKASS
    /end derp

i came here planning on posting those pics, then i saw THAT and couldn't decide i should or not
    then i realised just how awesome the HS community is so i did it anyway :0
    I'm just thinking it may spark ideas...idk

Quote Originally Posted by jausThridii View Post

preview-
    *image*

yeah i saw that ;;
    THIS IT TOO KICKASS
    /end derp

i came here planning on posting those pics, then i saw THAT and couldn't decide i should or not
    I definitely liked the second picture you posted, and they were both pretty good.
    Although (and I may be mistaken), I'm pretty sure we decided that one head would be 'secondary', and have only one eye (This also rounds it out to a total of eight eyes), so you should probably cut out the extra eyes on the left (right from our view) head.
    ๏̯͡๏)

@ycobb
    what about the seahorse fin on his back was that voted out

I don't believe it was, should I add it?
    Thinking about it now, though, I'm not sure how visible it would be from the angle my picture is at. Thoughts on this?
    ๏̯͡๏)

it can exist whether it's in that drawing or not

Quote Originally Posted by jausThridii View Post

preview-
    *image*

yeah i saw that ;;
    THIS IT TOO KICKASS
    /end derp

I definitely liked the second picture you posted, and they were both pretty good.
    Although (and I may be mistaken), I'm pretty sure we decided that one head would be 'secondary', and have only one eye (This also rounds it out to a total of eight eyes), so you should probably cut out the extra eyes on the left (right from our view) head.
    Heh thanks! Hopefully i can make the second one better as i work on it.
    Oooooh i see! If it will make the number of eyes 8, ill definitly do that! I was having trouble on that to start with...i was trying to get 8 on each side XD
    I guess that never occured to me because it mightve seemed unbalanced...but after seeing yours i guess its not that bad. As for the seahorse tail...its the only thing i added for seahorsedad so i want to keep it in for when its posted on dA...but i could make a seperate version with it edited out if it may be used for the flash!
    (sorry about any spelling errors, my ipod doesnt have spell check)

has catGenes catastrophicGenesis's Avatar

One giant meteorite. Want some smaller ones, too?

I can also do some streaky meteors, if those would be useful to anyone. Or D8s. Or, y'know, generally inanimate stuff without anatomy. =3
    ->Place insanely rambly sig under spoiler tag for the sanity of all involved

Quote Originally Posted by t00swift4u
    that's not so hard because i had another design with a calla lily motif
    ultimately i felt the water lily was more relevant but white lilies have a lot to do with virginity

THIS IS REALLY MESSY but i don't have time to clean it up right now

i kept the kimono for the sake of the lily pad. otherwise it'd just be the inverted rose dress shaped like a calla lily. i made the sleeves and stockings yellow to parallel the stamens, but it's not totally necessary. i think the sleeves would be fine normal shaped, but i just wanted to see how they'd look with the calla lily shape. the collar though reminds me of the dracula collar so i'd keep that. can't remember if i had any other comments

sorry i think i'm the only one who gets bored with visual callbacks

I tried. Borrowed the gold color and the collar (kind of) because I thought they would make it fun -- and they were. Also, flower ribbon. I had something more to say other than "sorry sorry rough sketch" but I forgot.

edit;; I remembered what I was gonna say: Not being too into the call backs is cool. Personally, I really like the callbacks but, as Morphosky (and I think some other people who mentioned this so many pages back?) stated, they should be kept to a minimum.

I really like the jade green and white color scheme too much, though, and the fact that it's Rose's color scheme inverted is kind of cool.
    Last edited by appleaerosol; 04-26-2011 at 08:11 PM.

Vindictive Chemotherapy Lord Obselescence's Avatar

Will make background transparent and separate the frames if needed.
    Unless a given image is intended to have like a specific background for itself, transparency would really be appreciated. :X

Also, that dress rocks pretty hard, appleaerosol. Just thought you should know.

Also, Also, Rotirt, the Black King looks solid. All we really need now is like transparency, I think.

Also, Also, Also, I actually like the overall concept of that second picture, jausThridii. I think that'd make a nice still shot for some place when finished.

Also x4, that is a cool meteor, catastrophicGenesis. I'm... not actually sure if there's going to be a whole bunch of inanimate stuff to work on, but darn. Maybe a landscape shot of the Battlefield with meteors falling and bloodstains? I dunno.

@appleaerosol - To be honest, I liked the sleek simplicity of your first dress better. Don't get me wrong - this one is very beautiful - but I just find myself partial to that one. The flower ribbon, however, is a brilliant idea.
    Facebook ~ Deviant Art ~ Twitter ~ Tumblr ~ Formspring
    Your trolltag is macabreMenagerie ~ Avatar by catastrophicGenesis ~ Fans on the West Coast

@appleaerosol
    i agree about the color scheme and i tried to stick to green/white with my last one
    visual callbacks are fine, i just don't think they should should restrict us from making something new and creative

also sorry if i jumped in kind of rudely i've just been meaning to share these designs for a while now
    Last edited by t00swift4u; 04-26-2011 at 11:13 PM.

Zoomed in, hero mode style